We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

The_Mask wrote: July 18th, 2023, 16:12

Sometimes the Rogue Traders strike lucrative deals not in brightly lit halls, but in shady alleyways, trading with no less shady figures. Merchant Rizza is one of those figures, and trading with her may bring you the most curious items.

Tags:
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

The_Mask wrote: July 13th, 2023, 20:10
Fedora Master wrote: July 13th, 2023, 19:21
Why do you insist on bringing Codex Culture to the HQ?
I've learned through our chat that quite a few people don't have Twitter, and don't plan on making an account. I also doubt that many of them are also going to the Community tab on YouTube and looking at every single one of their posts, for every single day, to see these pictures in order to have an idea what Rogue Trader is about.

It's me bringing artwork to you, without you having to give Owlcat any clicks.

And besides, it's not bringing any Codex culture here, it's me posting about the RPGs that I am interested. And also, for your convenience, I curate the inane stuff they might post: for example, I didn't include yesterday's post. Which was inane.
I don't use Twitter. Thanks for letting me know this game is going to be a little gay. I knew it was possible but now I know for sure.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Numerous cults born from the Imperial Creed have found refuge in the Koronus Expanse. Forced coexistence often leads men with various beliefs into God-Emperor to bloody conflicts, and sometimes to unexpected partnerships...

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I like this one more than their usual B&W stuff, because it reminds me of Berserk.

"Unbroken by adversity, to walk bravely first into the darkness." These are the words of the oath that all Rogue Traders of von Valancius dynasty recite. But will your valor abandon you when you truly do step into the darkest depths of space?

MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

So they're now publishing ink blots for their advertisements.

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

They did that before, it's just I didn't consider them cool enough, because I don't just paste half-assed stuff. Unless it's prestigious Japanese manga, and I absolutely have to.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

The_Mask wrote: July 25th, 2023, 21:58
it reminds me of Berserk.
:hmmm:
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

You asked and we delivered - in the beta for Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, you are able to place your characters before the battle during a special preparation phase.

Also... they have a survey going, if anyone has the time.

https://t.co/XpiBUtnLd6

Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

The_Mask wrote: August 2nd, 2023, 20:26
You asked and we delivered - in the beta for Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, you are able to place your characters before the battle during a special preparation phase.
Oh thank god, this was a massive pain in the ass in Wasteland 3, where your party ended up in an entirely retarded position because you didn't know an encounter was coming up. Owlcat being based once again.

-Humbaba
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

They fucked up pretty badly with WOTR, and we may or may not have dropped some acidic tweets... so now they're turning the ship around 100%.

Or, at least, they're looking like they are.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

No questions in the survey that would let me tell them to stop filling their games to the brim with poz, so it was a waste of time. It just asks about DLC.
Fedora Master
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Fedora Master »

The_Mask wrote: August 2nd, 2023, 20:52
They fucked up pretty badly with WOTR, and we may or may not have dropped some acidic tweets... so now they're turning the ship around 100%.

Or, at least, they're looking like they are.
They learned nothing from the mistakes they made in Kingmaker, doubled down on them in Wrath and the game was "massive success" with the casual crowd.
You are deluded if you think they're going to change anything or improve one bit.
Also stop posting.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Fedora Master wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 00:03
Also stop posting.
Make me.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Fedora Master wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 00:03
They learned nothing from the mistakes they made in Kingmaker, doubled down on them in Wrath and the game was "massive success" with the casual crowd.
You are deluded if you think they're going to change anything or improve one bit.
Also stop posting.
You stop fucking dogs first.

-Humbaba
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

All these "nobles" looks SO goofy! :lol:

Incendia-Bastaal Chorda is the current head of the Chorda dynasty and one of the other Rogue Traders present in the Koronus Expanse. She relies heavily on faith in her rule, but how far can she go in her blind devotion to the dogmas of the Imperium?

Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

You cared enough to comment :smug:

-Humbaba
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Is there a version of 40k without feminism? Its even in goddam Mechanicus.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

maidenhaver wrote: August 10th, 2023, 21:58
Is there a version of 40k without feminism? Its even in goddam Mechanicus.
Not anymore.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The late 80s/early 90s was easily the best era for tabletop artwork.
99% of digital art just doesn't look right to me.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

nu40k looks sanitized, like Star Wars, when it should look like a Heavy Metal skit.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Nomodel secondaries once again pretending to be grognards despite not having been around for most if any of the supposed golden age of 40k.

-Humbaba
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Humbaba wrote: August 12th, 2023, 11:22
Nomodel secondaries once again pretending to be grognards despite not having been around for most if any of the supposed golden age of 40k.

-Humbaba
That's irrelevant. Still looks like shit.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Dead wrote: August 12th, 2023, 11:24
No it isn't, and no it doesn't.

-Humbaba
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

It looks like the kind of art that would be made for a game created by a reddit hivemind. Some sort of faux-victorian theme with powerful ugly women.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Humbaba wrote: August 12th, 2023, 11:47
Dead wrote: August 12th, 2023, 11:24
No it isn't, and no it doesn't.

-Humbaba
You don't need to be a model primary not pretending to be a grognard to see how cheap the new look feels.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 12th, 2023, 11:51
It looks like the kind of art that would be made for a game created by a reddit hivemind. Some sort of faux-victorian theme with powerful ugly women.
Yeah ok, nomodel retard check this out:

John Blanche is reddit now? They've always looked ridiculous you colossal dumbass, that's the whole point.
Dead wrote: August 12th, 2023, 11:55
You don't need to be a model primary not pretending to be a grognard to see how cheap the new look feels.
Yes you do because otherwise ignoramuses like rusty act all smug about muh 90's warhammer for undeserved interwebz street cred. Besides the "new look" (which you don't know what that is because you only know 40k from watching Arch) isn't cheap at all:

Now PLEASE shut the fuck up before you embarrass yourself any further. You cannot POSSIBLY imagine how sick and fucking tired I am of nomodel non-hobbyists gunking up the discussion around the hobby and filling the airspace with nothing but unqualified bitching. I thought you guys were big into gatekeeping? Consider this gate kept BY ME. Paint an army and then come back, otherwise, you have jack shit to add. Faggot!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

I never owned any tabletop dolls, that is a correct assessment. I'm not reading the rest of that tho.