We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Video game videos... Videos about video games. Videos!

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Scarlet Seeker started doing more 'focused' review videos. This guy is anti-libtard. Jumps right into games, doesn't do a persona or anything, not video game essays.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

MarphitimusBlackimus has a lot of good Half-Life trivia.

Did you know that in Half-Life 1 the AI has a sense of smell, which some aliens use to find food (there's also a hunger system)?

That when you gib someone, there's a 5% chance their skull will fly at your face?

That the bird aliens that you don't interact with in Xen have needlessly complicated dynamic flock AI?

That Xen has a stealth system?

Or that houndeyes have a surprisingly in depth nap system?

And that in Half-Life 2 a seagull will poop on your car if you leave it for too long, and you can wash it off by driving through water?

Element

Post by Element »

rusty_shackleford wrote: October 14th, 2023, 19:30
this game seems pretty unique
Played the demo that came with a game mag. Was quite fun.
Element

Post by Element »

I'm on mission 4. So far it has not disappointed.
Last edited by Element on December 15th, 2023, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Check this guy out if you like Elden Ring. He seems to be someone with actual historical or anthropological education and analyses the themes in fromsoft games by comparing them to real world events they were inspired by. He sure is reaching at times but the game is detailed enough that it reveals some really cool hidden stories upon careful examination of the environment. Most of what he finds out seems plausible enough and he has a talent for making it interesting. He made a series of around 30 videos like this.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

jcd wrote: January 24th, 2024, 12:27

Check this guy out if you like Elden Ring. He seems to be someone with actual historical or anthropological education and analyses the themes in fromsoft games by comparing them to real world events they were inspired by. He sure is reaching at times but the game is detailed enough that it reveals some really cool hidden stories upon careful examination of the environment. Most of what he finds out seems plausible enough and he has a talent for making it interesting. He made a series of around 30 videos like this.
Love when they speak history/science, thank you for sharing this!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

This actually looks pretty good, better than I thought it'd be when I decided not to play it due to the combat

Might play it now
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Those mechanics look really interesting. It reminded me of Tekumel, so interesting that it was likely partly inspired by it. Too bad it sounds like the controls are burdensome.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Movement seems much improved. This game is going to be amazing when it gets released.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Found a fetish channel that posts nothing but videos of adult Link in OoT being hurt. Pretty neat. Lots of weirdos in the comments.

DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 16th, 2024, 11:36
Found a fetish channel that posts nothing but videos of adult Link in OoT being hurt. Pretty neat. Lots of weirdos in the comments.

I learn something new every day.
ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Dead wrote: February 7th, 2024, 17:53

Movement seems much improved. This game is going to be amazing when it gets released.
This looks neat but looking at the youtube channel it's been a project with infrequent updates for 10 years. Doesn't really inspire hope that it's ever going to be more than a neat tech demo for youtube.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

I started the day by dreaming of brulicating maggots, just seeing Sseth's face so silly in this truly got my spirits back up from that shock of a nightmare I had, thank you so much <3

Added after finishing the video: I recall seeing people here playing games together, the one in the second half of the video looks like lots of fun to play, best of things if people end up playing it here together, though it seems it cannot be alt+tabbed from. Reminds me a lot of Path of Exiles for many reasons, wonder if they got things from this game, or if it's just the nature of creating things.
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on February 25th, 2024, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 16th, 2024, 11:36

When I was little those fucking Gibdos used to scare the shit out of me when they did that. :sad:
Last edited by BobT on February 25th, 2024, 08:19, edited 2 times in total.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Vergil wrote: February 19th, 2024, 02:47

This looks neat but looking at the youtube channel it's been a project with infrequent updates for 10 years. Doesn't really inspire hope that it's ever going to be more than a neat tech demo for youtube.
There's enough content currently to call it a game.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Dead wrote: February 25th, 2024, 06:16

That I can play right now?
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Wow remember seeing this game's first trailer back in 2015. Thought it got shelved but guess they are back, looks pretty neat as well. Also didn't see any fags or groids in the footage. Refreshing.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Vergil wrote: February 25th, 2024, 06:41

It's on Steam.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Dead wrote: February 25th, 2024, 07:06
Vergil wrote: February 25th, 2024, 06:41

It's on Steam.
This was actually a test and you passed with flying colors good work soldier HH