Hitman studio IO interactive announces it's working on an online RPG

HQ-related news you should probably read.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Hitman studio IO interactive announces it's working on an online RPG

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Now we are sharing with all of you, that we are embarking on a new adventure! One that expands our creativity, our capabilities, and in some sense our identity. We are building a new world, a new IP – an online fantasy RPG. A world and a game built from the core to entertain players and expand for many years to come. It feels familiar, yet at the same time IOI is going on a journey unlike any we have been on before.
Well, that's just weird. You can read more on their site here:
https://ioi.dk/project-fantasy
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Wait until you watch the video on their studio culture... LOL
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Eww...she's only a Junior Animator. No.

The_Mask wrote: February 28th, 2023, 21:30

Do you mean this one?

I hate to tell you this, but (as someone close to the design industry) that's what almost every design studio is like these days.
Last edited by Acrux on February 28th, 2023, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Yeah, that one. And I'm very sorry to hear that. :(
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

This is so stupid. They are supposed to be making a Bond game with Hitman mechanics.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

The concept art looks like a WoW-wannabe. Who wants this?
Segata Sanshiro
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Roguey wrote: February 28th, 2023, 22:14
The concept art looks like a WoW-wannabe. Who wants this?
The execs. They've been chasing after that steady online revenue for a while, let's remember Hitman 2016 was episodic and always online. The actual group is talented but the business strategy has been terribad for a while. Keep trying until they make it.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Aren't they working on that Bond game right now? Must be a different branch of the studio I guess. Their last Hitman games were solid in terms of gameplay, but the story turned 47 into an emasculated thoughtless puppet of Diana. He was retconned into a sidekick of hers and was written as having zero agency of his own. 47 as a character has been irreversibly butchered as far as I'm concerned.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Hitman games are some of the few so-called 'stealth' games I actually like due to its mechanics — impersonation, disguises, and so forth — being much more interesting than crouching and crawling through ventshafts. Will be a shame if they quit working on them.
Hando

Post by Hando »

WoW totally destroyed MMORPGs. Games like DAoC were taking the genre in interesting directions before that piece of shit came out, spawned 2000 clones (right down to the shitty cartoony graphics) and dumbed it all down for the next century.
Incognito

Post by Incognito »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 28th, 2023, 21:24
The_Mask wrote: February 28th, 2023, 21:30
Do you mean this one?

I hate to tell you this, but (as someone close to the design industry) that's what almost every design studio is like these days.

Why do these people imagine anyone wants to be in a "community" with them? I just wanna play goddam Hitman alone after work and want it to be good.