We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Elden Ring and Shadow of the Erdtree expansion

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Not only am I maidenless but I have no coop friends.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I just quit after restarting several times. I don't think I will ever get good, especially not without online play and my no magic for melee rule. The Souls games are for coop play, so people with real friends, and they were a gamer zeitgeist that has moved on or trooned the fuck out, so its pointless and sad to play them. I missed out, and that's that.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

@maidenhaver summoning bell can be bought from the twin maiden husk at the Roundtable hold.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I've used ashes before, but I typically put all my levels in endurance/stamina so I can run away. I don't have much magic for the ashes above wolf. Maybe I will try a magic run. I suck at melee.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

maidenhaver wrote: June 6th, 2023, 01:10
I've used ashes before, but I typically put all my levels in endurance/stamina so I can run away. I don't have much magic for the ashes above wolf. Maybe I will try a magic run. I suck at melee.
yeah just put some attribute points into a mana bar. Summons are of great help if you're not good at melee, some of them are strong enough they can even solo certain bosses.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

maidenhaver wrote: June 6th, 2023, 01:10
I typically put all my levels in endurance/stamina so I can run away.
How is that going for you?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I run faster and longer than Torrent when I'm naked, but my strikes are puny and I die in one hit.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

If you're having trouble, restarting with a magic character may be helpful. Melee feels bad in this game anyway, like you're the side character and all of the enemies are the main characters.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

That's why coop is the hottest mod on nexus for a year, because its an empty open world and everyone has immunity frames but the player lol
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I'm relieved of Dork Stools, its a trash game entirely resting on sunk cost fallacy. There is no good getting, just memorizing attacks or lobbing magic. I'd rather play a game iron man, where everyone has 1 hp.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

My frustration stems from playing Dark Souls single player. None of these games are single player except Sekiro, and it shows.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

By the time this DLC became a thing I was already tired of the game. This is why I usually wait for DLC to be released before buying.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I just wanted some new games for my steam deck while I'm away from home. Elden Ring is not a single player game. What's it tell you that I have to play a support class to npcs and summons? Its balanced around co-op and multiplayer. The most popular mod on the Nexus is ER multiplayer, and with good reason. I like these games, and I confess I suck, but its undeniable they're co-op games, especially so for Elden Ring.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I mostly played it alone with summons because I don't give a shit and the netcode sucked at the time. Anytime I tried playing coop we would drop after a short time.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I tried a bit of co-op, but stopped doing it after a while since due to the nature of open-world games I usually end up being either underleveled (in which case the fight becomes a massive chore), or overleveled (in which case i just wipe the floor with the boss).
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

It can only be played as a solo wizard or co-op. I have moved onto Sekiro, and that's actually been fun.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

The trick to playing games with friends is to kidnap them and try to lobotomize them into your slave so they don't run away. Or so I was told.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Souls youtuber that Bandai Namco invited to try out upcoming Fromsoft games says the DLC is going to be as big as some full-size games. Another 30 hours of boring open world areas and copypasted dungeons with summoning ashes as a reward?
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

They should replace copy-pasted enemies in the main game for the DLC.
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

I hope it will heavily revolve around Miquella, expanding on his role within the story, and/or his alter-ego St. Trina

But what I really want is an aoe spell that puts targets to sleep, with effects like on St. Trina's Sword - and I'll be happy
Last edited by Slavic Sorcerer on November 5th, 2023, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

They could add spells that manipulate enemy AI rather than tens of spells that deal damage in slightly different ways
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Does this DLC change it to have good gameplay?
Element

Post by Element »

maidenhaver wrote: June 14th, 2023, 00:27
My frustration stems from playing Dark Souls single player. None of these games are single player except Sekiro, and it shows.
Why? It's perfectly playable.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Element wrote: November 5th, 2023, 14:03
Who cares?
Element

Post by Element »

maidenhaver wrote: November 5th, 2023, 14:56
Element wrote: November 5th, 2023, 14:03
Who cares?
You do, apparently, since you brought it up
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

wndrbr wrote: November 5th, 2023, 10:44

Souls youtuber that Bandai Namco invited to try out upcoming Fromsoft games says the DLC is going to be as big as some full-size games. Another 30 hours of boring open world areas and copypasted dungeons with summoning ashes as a reward?
What do they base this on except wishful thinking? Did somebody get a demo of the dlc?