We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

What game are you playing?

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:00
Decided to replay the entire Arkham series. I am currently playing Batman: Arkham City :cool:.
Let us know how you like the newest entry in the series SUICIDE SQUAD
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

Post by ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND »

Mondain wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:03
Decided to replay the entire Arkham series. I am currently playing Batman: Arkham City :cool:.
I'm not going to play it. First of all, it's a piece of shit. Secondly, it's an expensive piece of shit. Thirdly, it's a woke piece of shit.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:09
I'm not going to play it. First of all, it's a piece of shit. Secondly, it's an expensive piece of shit. Thirdly, it's a woke piece of shit.
You said you're playing the entire Arkham series :sad:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Those games are fun but they overused the Joker and Harley is fucking awful in all of them.
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

Mondain wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:12

Well, I don't consider Suicide Squad to be a part of the Arkham universe, as do many fans. At least because Deadshot somehow magically turned black there.
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

Vergil wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:14
Those games are fun but they overused the Joker and Harley is fucking awful in all of them.
I like Harley in the Arkham universe. She's so realistic.

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:15

Well, I don't consider Suicide Squad to be a part of the Arkham universe, as do many fans. At least because Deadshot somehow magically turned black there.
Nuh uh it's specifically explained in game. You have to play it now.
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:15
ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:15

Nuh uh it's specifically explained in game. You have to play it now.

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Some friends convinced me to play a classless WoW private server. It's... interesting.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Starwind morrowind mod

Last epoch
Enshrouded
It's been a really good couple months for games
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Vergil wrote: March 1st, 2024, 14:42
Some friends convinced me to play a classless WoW private server. It's... interesting.
Are there still a lot of server restarts?
Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss on March 1st, 2024, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: March 1st, 2024, 15:31
Are there still a lot of server restarts?
No clue I've played for maybe a combined one hour so far.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Finished Metroid Fusion. Started out with a surprising amount of guidance (compared to Dread which came out later) and around halfway through the bosses became too difficult for my preferences and then level navigation itself became incredibly annoying near the end. I stuck through it, though I probably would have shelved it if not for quicksaves. Super Metroid remains the best, most nigh-perfect Metroid game.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Ascension? Did you choose Wildcard or Core/ Freepick?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 1st, 2024, 17:15
Yea, we chose freepick I'm pretty sure.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Been playing Blood West

It's not a boomer shooter, despite it looking like Quake, it's actually an imsim and has been compared to Stalker, which is similar to in a lot of respects. The game's pretty tough, even basic enemies can kill you in seconds and those motherfuckers aim their shots extremely fucking well. Stealth is highly encouraged.

It borrowed the penalty-upon-death thing from Demon's Souls but those penalties don't just reduce your max hp, sometimes they reduce your exp gain or make you more vulnerable to certain damage types. Die three times and you get a curse. To remove the curse, you're gonna have to do a neat little side quest, which are fun and varied.

Pretty fun so far. It's got a levelling up system with perks but many of them are boring percentage increases to damage or accuracy and such.

-Humbaba
Last edited by Humbaba on March 2nd, 2024, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Humbaba wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:24

Been playing Blood West

It's not a boomer shooter, despite it looking like Quake, it's actually an imsim and has been compared to Stalker, which is similar to in a lot of respects. The game's pretty tough, even basic enemies can kill you in seconds and those motherfuckers aim their shots extremely fucking well. Stealth is highly encouraged.

It borrowed the penalty-upon-death thing from Demon's Souls but those penalties don't just reduce your max hp, sometimes they reduce your exp gain or make you more vulnerable to certain damage types. Die three times and you get a curse. To remove the curse, you're gonna have to do a neat little side quest, which are fun and varied.

Pretty fun so far. It's got a levelling up system with perks but many of them are boring percentage increases to damage or accuracy and such.

-Humbaba
I knew what I was in for and prepared accordingly and then the arrows kept whiffing their heads. Fuck.
Vergil wrote: March 1st, 2024, 17:18
What build are you going for with Ascension? :ugeek:
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 2nd, 2024, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 16:52

Been playing Blood West

-Humbaba
I knew what I was in for and prepared accordingly and then the arrows kept whiffing their heads. Fuck.
Vergil wrote: March 1st, 2024, 17:18

What build are you going for with Ascension? :ugeek:
I ended up restarting and going with one of the pre-made builds (which it didn't give me a prompt about until I had leveled up too much to select them on my first character :mad: ) and went with Vampire Lord. I don't really ever play healer but it sounded cool. :twisted:
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 16:54
I ended up restarting and going with one of the pre-made builds (which it didn't give me a prompt about until I had leveled up too much to select them on my first character :mad: ) and went with Vampire Lord. I don't really ever play healer but it sounded cool. :twisted:
I was just playing around with different combinations as a newby, and then figured the same thing as you, that any build with synergy has probably already been created, or at least you can do a variation of it. I was looking for something that paired Magic & Physical combat, and I thought the Mana-Barrier/ Eldritch Knight looked like an interesting tank but idk, not sure.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 2nd, 2024, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 17:03
Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 16:54
I was just playing around with different combinations as a newby, and then figured the same thing as you, that any build with synergy has probably already been created, or at least you can do a variation of it. I was looking for something that paired Magic & Physical combat, and I thought the Mana-Barrier Knight looked like an interesting tank but idk, not sure.
The problem with the playing around with combinations idea is that 1. It consumes a finite resource so you are heavily punished for experimenting and 2. It's an MMO so you aren't allowed to have fun or engage in real gameplay so if you don't build your character "correctly" you're just gonna do no damage and die instantly.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Starwind, still on the desert planet.
Also installed INSOMNIA: The Ark.

Behind that I have Outward, Exiled Kingdoms, and Sands of Aura.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Caverns of Xaskazien II (itch.io)

A roguelike with:
  • 300 visually distinct monsters, each with a dozen+ variants (including named boss types), and robust AI that differs by monster intelligence level.
  • More than a hundred unique booby traps for the unwary, most of which may be set by players to ensnare monsters, too.
  • A new Religion system in which you vie for the affections of dozens of gods and goddesses, and where you can devote yourself exclusively to one of 13 different religions.
  • Procedurally generated dungeons utilizing multiple methods of generation to create caves, structured areas, labyrinths and even forests, supplemented by occasional pre-generated dungeons called Legendary Lands.
  • Hundreds of unique environmental features to interact with and use to your tactical advantage (or detriment).
The developer makes videos of himself playing the game, explaining the mechanics, lore, etc.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

boomer shooter
It borrowed the penalty-upon-death thing from Demon's Souls
a levelling up system with perks
all of this sounds incredibly gay.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I've been trying out Midnight Club II via OpenMC. Despite the game being primarily themed around nigger/gang culture, it's quite fun to play and is one of the better arcade racers I've tried. It's essentially Burnout Paradise before Burnout Paradise, minus the emphasis on destruction and car combat. It's clear Rockstar leveraged their experience on Grand Theft Auto by making it an "open world" racing game, thus setting it apart from most of it's competitors. From what I've played so far the cars are a breeze to control and it's fun finding different routes to reach the finish line. In the campaign you challenge other drivers, and after completing a few challenges/races, you get to take their car. Which is something I wish the BLM niggers did when they rioted in 2020. "What, you want to rob our store?, gotta race me first!".
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Finished Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. I had a negative reaction to it at first because it lacks the commitment to accessibility that previous Kirby games did; looked it up and wasn't surprised to find out that HAL didn't even develop it. However, once I read up on how to get to the map screen, I liked it a lot for the most part. It may not explain much in-game, but it's still very easy. The last section where you have to fight variations of the same boss was a bit tedious, though I'm glad there was no true ending locked behind a collect-a-thon. This is the end of my Switch Online Kirby journey. It was a good trip.
Bertram_Tung

Post by Bertram_Tung »

playing deus ex human revolution for the first time since 2013 or so when it came out
having a blast - looking forward to playing mankind divided next (it will be my first time)
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Moved on from playing Midnight Club 2. Eventually just couldn't take the rampant filth the game promotes as it's "music" and "style". If I couldn't stomach rap and urban nigger culture in real-life, what makes a video game any different?. To scratch the arcade racing itch though, I decided to try Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast's PC version via the FXT mod. I have to say it may very well take the cake as the best racing game I've ever played. It really is the textbook definition of an ideal video game. Fast paced, colorful visuals, high energy music that's fun to listen to, and a cozy aesthetic that fills you with optimism. The difficulty curve is excellent, and the controls are satisfying and easy to come to grips with. The Coast 2 Coast version offers a bevvy of content, and you'll be playing and replying this one for years to come, I know I will. They just don't make stuff like this anymore, and it's a shame it hasn't been remastered for modern consoles and re-released on PC.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I got sucked into EVERSPACE 2, I was actually just installing it as a backlog game and tried it out but I was hooked pretty quick. If an arcade space flight game crossed with RPG sounds good to you, check it out.

It's not open world but it has a bunch of regions you travel between. Each region has a lot of puzzles & secrets. Good combat. Controls are very good. Art is fantastic.
Cons: Trading isn't very in-depth, and there's no real companions, just temporary ones. I get lost a lot, it appears I'm not very good at navigating the void of space, you can only place up to 3 markers per zone for whatever reason. Story is meh, which wouldn't be a big deal but they put too much emphasis on it. Controls feel designed for a controller rather than M+KB.

There's also an option to disable the stuff that makes the flying less arcade-y and makes it more like a simulation in terms of physics.

Also didn't encounter any libtard shit.
Also also they've released two major free updates and more are coming.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 15th, 2024, 18:34, edited 2 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Why do these games never let you make your man and walk around on ships :sad: