We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

What game are you playing?

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 5th, 2023, 01:28
Klerik wrote: June 4th, 2023, 23:11
I fucking love Silent Hunter 3. I can't deny that I have an unhealthy affection for this game. Even though I don't have time to really play the game like I want to, it's always in my rotation.

It's just so likeable too me.

First of all, it's a submarine game during ww2 from the German perspective. The whole idea of a submarine is just fucking insane to begin with, and the fact that poor klaus is scrapping the bottom of the Atlantic ocean and running into giant squids while the entire North Atlantic fleet from England and the US is running around in zig-zags dropping bombs on you.... Yeah survival horror at it's best.

It's up there with Resident Evil and Dino Crisis.

Also the fact that if you go to the North Pole the sun doesn't go away and all of your instruments go crazy makes me sexually aroused.

You think Metal Gear Solid is a stealth action game? LOL. Try sneaking into New York harbor during 1944.

Yes the time-compression navigation map is basically Fallout with trigonometry.

About to sink an ammunition ship. Very rewarding gameplay. There's other games on steam trying to improve the Silent Hunter 3 experience, but they are all over the place. UBOAT has the ability to board other vessels which I would really love to do. Hope they update the game more. RPG at sea is a good idea.

And when an ammunition ship catches on fire... You get a customary astronautical program for the sailors.
I'm sorry I fell asleep, can you exaggerate the game a little so it's more exciting?.

MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

I'm playing KOTOR 1 with all the HD modded stuff to run it at 1920x1080. It held up really well. I also have The Community Patch installed.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

MadPreacher wrote: June 7th, 2023, 00:32
I'm playing KOTOR 1 with all the HD modded stuff to run it at 1920x1080. It held up really well. I also have The Community Patch installed.
Light side or Dark side?
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

The_Mask wrote: June 7th, 2023, 00:33
MadPreacher wrote: June 7th, 2023, 00:32
Light side or Dark side?
I'm doing light side then go dark in the next play through.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Why don't more people play Isonzo?
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Isonzo should've been an update to Verdun and Tannenberg instead of its own game. They are just splitting the playerbase.
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

I'm playing through all the Geneforge games in order. Currently on 3, my least favorite so far where crafting, time limits and area gating are introduced. I'm playing as a hardcore Shaper, the only sensible choice, even though the game keeps trying to get me to cuck to liberal ideologies by trying to make me feel bad for a bunch of rogue servile creations.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

I'm playing a Diablo I mod ‎called Tchernobog
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

wndrbr wrote: June 7th, 2023, 01:30
Isonzo should've been an update to Verdun and Tannenberg instead of its own game. They are just splitting the playerbase.
I agree - the post.
:Inspector:
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Been dabbling with some GZDoom games/mods. In particular, this amazing Castlevania game that accurately pays homage to the classic series in first-person. In all honesty, I think it plays better than actual Castlevania lol. Shame Konami never thought to produce something similar.

Cedric

Post by Cedric »

I've been playing FTL Multiverse again. Damn fine.
Also felt really old recently: I saw Into the Breach released more than five years ago. In my memory and mind it just came out, at least somewhere recently. Has it really been five years?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 7th, 2023, 04:56
Been dabbling with some GZDoom games/mods. In particular, this amazing Castlevania game that accurately pays homage to the classic series in first-person. In all honesty, I think it plays better than actual Castlevania lol. Shame Konami never thought to produce something similar.

That looks fun.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Completed Ion Fury. It had some obnoxious level design in the last half, but I had a lot of fun. It's my observation that the people who hated this really liked Blood and/or Shadow Warrior and I hated those games myself, so that makes sense.
KnightoftheWind

Been playing through Half-Life for the first time, via the MMOD version on Steam. Man have I been missing out, it's an exceptional title and superior to it's sequels in all honesty. Half-Life 2 is ok, but this game outshines it in every category that matters. The gameplay is fast-paced and fun, weapons are cool, there aren't any unskippable cutscenes to wait through (except for the intro), and the worldbuilding is fantastic. Black Mesa feels like a real place, and the way you traverse it feels more realistic too. Solutions aren't always obvious, and it makes you look for a path through the environment that may not be clearly laid out.

Haven't reached the "Zen" parts yet, which I hear is pretty bad, but from what I've played I'm pleasantly surprised.
KnightoftheWind

Roguey wrote: June 7th, 2023, 20:42
Completed Ion Fury. It had some obnoxious level design in the last half, but I had a lot of fun. It's my observation that the people who hated this really liked Blood and/or Shadow Warrior and I hated those games myself, so that makes sense.
Hah, I've played that for a bit too. I stopped midway through Heskel's HQ because for some reason the game kept softlocking. It's a fun time for sure, and runs smooth as butter as can be expected.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:20
Been playing through Half-Life for the first time, via the MMOD version on Steam. Man have I been missing out, it's an exceptional title and superior to it's sequels in all honesty. Half-Life 2 is ok, but this game outshines it in every category that matters. The gameplay is fast-paced and fun, weapons are cool, there aren't any unskippable cutscenes to wait through (except for the intro), and the worldbuilding is fantastic. Black Mesa feels like a real place, and the way you traverse it feels more realistic too. Solutions aren't always obvious, and it makes you look for a path through the environment that may not be clearly laid out.

Haven't reached the "Zen" parts yet, which I hear is pretty bad, but from what I've played I'm pleasantly surprised.
Half-Life is shit as many of the older FPS games had multiple routes to finish the level. Half-Life did away with that by turning it into a corridor shooter.
KnightoftheWind

MadPreacher wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:23

Half-Life is shit as many of the older FPS games had multiple routes to finish the level. Half-Life did away with that by turning it into a corridor shooter.
I don't mind the game not being designed like a maze, with keys to find like the classic FPS games. It's different than that, and I think it succeeds. It feels like an ongoing adventure, rather than a series of disconnected levels. And the MMOD has a chapter select so I don't have to replay the bad stuff if I ever want to revisit it.

The design of ths game really set the standard for every FPS game since, and while I can't say things turned out all that great at least 'this' game did it right.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:26
The design of ths game really set the standard for every FPS game since, and while I can't say things turned out all that great at least 'this' game did it right.
Yeah it's designed for idiots which is why you like it.
KnightoftheWind

MadPreacher wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:28
But I'm not protestant, I'd have to be one to qualify.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:50
I'm not either, but you're a heretic that doesn't know the Word of God and breaks every law God set down. That means you're an idiot. Do have anything intelligent to add to this conversation other than you like Half-Wit Life?
KnightoftheWind

MadPreacher wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:52
KnightoftheWind wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:50

I'm not either, but you're a heretic that doesn't know the Word of God and breaks every law God set down. That means you're an idiot. Do have anything intelligent to add to this conversation other than you like Half-Wit Life?
Read the title of the thread, "What game are you playing?". I am playing Half-Life, therefore I will talk about Half-Life.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:54
Read the title of the thread, "What game are you playing?". I am playing Half-Wit-Life, therefore I will talk about Half-Wit-Life.
So am I discussing how you are an idiot for playing Half-Wit-Life. Did I make you cry and hurt your fee fees moron?
KnightoftheWind

MadPreacher wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:56
Read the title of the thread, "What game are you playing?". I am playing Half-Wit-Life, therefore I will talk about Half-Wit-Life.
So am I discussing how you are an idiot for playing Half-Wit-Life. Did I make you cry and hurt your fee fees moron?
Man the way you write makes you look like a complete buffoon. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with the likes of you, heretic.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Maybe you are the idiot with the problem. You can play more than one game you slack jawed faggot.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 9th, 2023, 20:03
MadPreacher wrote: June 9th, 2023, 19:56
Man the way you write makes you look like a complete buffoon. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with the likes of you, heretic.
Okay Half-Wit. Not all of you are as cool or as smart as me.
General Reign wrote: June 9th, 2023, 21:12
Maybe you are the idiot with the problem. You can play more than one game you slack jawed faggot.
Naw the problem are half wits that defend shit software like Half-Wit-Life.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Yes, because the software you consume truly determines how nice your farts smell.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Been playing through Half-Life for the first time, via the MMOD version on Steam. Man have I been missing out
if this is your first playthrough, you shouldn't have played it with some weapon pack mod.
KnightoftheWind

wndrbr wrote: June 10th, 2023, 02:57
Been playing through Half-Life for the first time, via the MMOD version on Steam. Man have I been missing out
if this is your first playthrough, you shouldn't have played it with some weapon pack mod.
It's more than just some weapon mod.
Revised gunplay, dynamic weapon bullet spread, smooth recoil, optional non-hitscan bullets.
Enhanced player and visual feedback.
Minor AI tweaks, more reactive and responsive AI, nearly every character blinks.
New and extra weapon animations.
Built in basic chapter selection system.
Touched up weapon models, animated weapon screens and creature eyes.
New arsenal, special weapon functions ( silencers, addons, fire modes ).
Plenty of bug fixes.
VFX re-design ( explosions, bullet impacts, muzzle flashes, monster effects, etc. ).
Minor sound re-design, additional weapon and monster sounds.
Weapon foley sounds for every single weapon.
Restored HEV voice lines.
Slightly enhanced visuals, detail textures.
Visual, atmospheric and pacing related map tweaks and additions ( work in progress ).
Some additions can be toggled in special settings menu.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 10th, 2023, 03:05
wndrbr wrote: June 10th, 2023, 02:57
It's more than just some weapon mod.
Revised gunplay, dynamic weapon bullet spread, smooth recoil, optional non-hitscan bullets.
Enhanced player and visual feedback.
Minor AI tweaks, more reactive and responsive AI, nearly every character blinks.
New and extra weapon animations.
Built in basic chapter selection system.
Touched up weapon models, animated weapon screens and creature eyes.
New arsenal, special weapon functions ( silencers, addons, fire modes ).
Plenty of bug fixes.
VFX re-design ( explosions, bullet impacts, muzzle flashes, monster effects, etc. ).
Minor sound re-design, additional weapon and monster sounds.
Weapon foley sounds for every single weapon.
Restored HEV voice lines.
Slightly enhanced visuals, detail textures.
Visual, atmospheric and pacing related map tweaks and additions ( work in progress ).
Some additions can be toggled in special settings menu.
that's even worse. Should've played without mods at all.