We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

What game are you playing?

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 21:01
TKVNC wrote: March 19th, 2024, 20:40
In that capacity, Zomboid does a very nice job. Especially with the new multiplayer, you can waltz around a vehicle while someone else drives it.
Project Zomboid with the mod that gives RVs real interiors gives a great vibe similar to what I want with a ship. Any sort of mobile base is very kino to me.
True and correct take.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 21:01
TKVNC wrote: March 19th, 2024, 20:40
In that capacity, Zomboid does a very nice job. Especially with the new multiplayer, you can waltz around a vehicle while someone else drives it.
Project Zomboid with the mod that gives RVs real interiors gives a great vibe similar to what I want with a ship. Any sort of mobile base is very kino to me.
In Metro Exodus the train actually comes off like this at first but sadly the game is too railroady (lol) to take advantage of that feeling beyond a plot device. A game where I can live in a little trawler boat and travel around is a dream to me.
Last edited by Nammu Archag on March 19th, 2024, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 19th, 2024, 21:09
A game where I can live in a little trawler boat and travel around is a dream to me.
I desperately want an open world pirate type game that's not extremely limited in scale/scope. I want to be able to seamlessly sail around a big ocean with multiple islands/locations to freely visit or just chill around on my ship. Funnily enough the closest thing I got to that was some gook MMO called ArcheAge that had a massive ocean and sailing system. You could even customize the sails and I was on some russian private server where they didn't care about my big swastika sails :lol:
Shame getting anything but the default starter ship was pure fucking grind hell. I hate MMOs.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 19th, 2024, 20:46
I used to play ESO but it sorta ruins one of the only appealing aspects of the Elder Scrolls, the world. Back in the day, I played PVP in Cyrodil when it first came out and it was actually pretty fun, but now just seems super daunting to get into. The constant world expansions make it seem hard to get back into without being a whale as well.
I definitely understand the sentiment, but its daunting size is one of the reasons I love it. I love the fact that, playing casually only, it will take me years to fully experience everything they're putting out. I don't know how long they intend to keep releasing their yearly chapters, but even if they stop sooner rather than later, I know I still have so much to experience left. And when I eventually complete the full journey with my main, I have other characters of different classes with which to experience it all over again, if I'm ever in the mood. :smile:

That being said, it truly isn't for everyone. That's why its player population pales compared to, say, GW2.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

ESO and GW2 are basically the same in terms of not actually being an RPG. They have no real progression.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

"Progression" is overrated. Progression in an MMORPG means "extended unskippable tutorial until you can finally start playing the actual game". In a single player RPG, it means "play the game with smaller numbers and fewer options". While numbers are all relative and thus ultimately meaningless, having fewer options for what to do does not make for more interesting gameplay.
TheCumGuzzler

Post by TheCumGuzzler »

Humbaba wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:24

Been playing Blood West

I finished Blood West.

The stealth is incredibly bad, it's based on stats so it won't matter if you do good, the imsim mechanics are so shallow it's insane, the only choices you have regarding it are stealth or loud.
RPG mechanics are very shallow and the game feels like it wants to be a competent shooter but also have stats linked to gear so you end up with a weird combination where shooting monsters doesn't feel good since you don't deal enough damage and when you have a proper build (which is easy to get) the game feels too easy, only died like less than eight times during the entire playthrough.
The monster design is pretty cool, but the monsters end up being reused a lot in each area, so you get bored of them real real quick because in each dungeon you get to fight a lot of them.
the only good thing about this game is the exploration and the weird west setting.

TL;DR:stealth bad, shallow mechanics and repetitive gameplay, cool setting.
it's a 6.5/10 for me
Last edited by TheCumGuzzler on March 19th, 2024, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Sounds like a 3.5. Thanks actually reviewing it instead of shilling.
TheCumGuzzler

Post by TheCumGuzzler »

I've been playing a lot Rimworld, it's very fun and I made a colony with a focus on the Biotech DLC, my goal is to make a perfect human supersoldier who has really good genetics + really good psychic abilities.

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Norfleet wrote: March 19th, 2024, 22:10
"Progression" is overrated. Progression in an MMORPG means "extended unskippable tutorial until you can finally start playing the actual game". In a single player RPG, it means "play the game with smaller numbers and fewer options". While numbers are all relative and thus ultimately meaningless, having fewer options for what to do does not make for more interesting gameplay.
Now this is a certified download/file.php?avatar=g2_1690023613.jpeg moment
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

maidenhaver wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:05
Looks like the opposite of a good time.
Don't worry, he filled his base with wood, it's only a matter of time before it ends in fire. Hilarious fire.
TheCumGuzzler

Post by TheCumGuzzler »

maidenhaver wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:05
Looks like the opposite of a good time.
I was having a good time until when I was digging and found out the bottom side is actually not just a mountain, it revealed a huge area and now I have to defend from 2 sides if I ever get attacked..
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Besides KOTOR II I'm thinking of starting an extended timeline mod EUIV game as Japan. Part of me wants to shamelessly rip off @Irenaeus and do a little let's play thread type deal with it but I'm unsure.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Vergil wrote: March 20th, 2024, 01:20
Besides KOTOR II I'm thinking of starting an extended timeline mod EUIV game as Japan. Part of me wants to shamelessly rip off @Irenaeus and do a little let's play thread type deal with it but I'm unsure.
You have no idea how many pages I have written already on the fucking background for my LP. If I read Steppe Herder DNA one more time I'm losing it. :headbang:

I stare at this table almost everyday.

Last edited by Irenaeus on March 20th, 2024, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Irenaeus wrote: March 20th, 2024, 01:24
Vergil wrote: March 20th, 2024, 01:20
You have no idea how many pages I have written already on the fucking background for my LP. If I read Steppe Herder DNA one more time I'm losing it. :headbang:
I would be a bit more lowkey and start in 195 with the collapse of Han China but I appreciate your dedication and undiagnosed autism. :lol:
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

On topic, "played" CK2 the last couple weeks, fixing this part of the map - it's not done yet.

Also, been playing Dominions 6, currently waiting for @Kalarion to take his turn.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

TheCumGuzzler wrote: March 19th, 2024, 22:53
I finished Blood West.

The stealth is incredibly bad, it's based on stats so it won't matter if you do good, the imsim mechanics are so shallow it's insane, the only choices you have regarding it are stealth or loud.
RPG mechanics are very shallow and the game feels like it wants to be a competent shooter but also have stats linked to gear so you end up with a weird combination where shooting monsters doesn't feel good since you don't deal enough damage and when you have a proper build (which is easy to get) the game feels too easy, only died like less than eight times during the entire playthrough.
The monster design is pretty cool, but the monsters end up being reused a lot in each area, so you get bored of them real real quick because in each dungeon you get to fight a lot of them.
the only good thing about this game is the exploration and the weird west setting.

TL;DR:stealth bad, shallow mechanics and repetitive gameplay, cool setting.
it's a 6.5/10 for me
Sounds a lot like my OFFICIAL review of the game! Why don't you CHECK IT OUT?

-Humbaba
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

TheCumGuzzler wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:04
I've been playing a lot Rimworld
Now play Dwarf Fortress.
TheCumGuzzler

Post by TheCumGuzzler »

Nemesis wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:02
TheCumGuzzler wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:04
I've been playing a lot Rimworld
Now play Dwarf Fortress.
Too pozzed for my taste, but I might give it a try once I'm done with this playthrough, I'll keep you updated!
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

TheCumGuzzler wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:04
Too pozzed for my taste
And Rimworld isn't?
Last edited by Nemesis on March 20th, 2024, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Nemesis wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:07
TheCumGuzzler wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:04
Too pozzed for my taste
And Rimworld isn't?
I don't recall anything of the sort in rimworld.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

Rimworld is pretty pozzed, it favors niggers/women characters and most of them have the gay trait

Also current rimworld is insufferable, every character is a wimp soyfaggot whining endlessly about every perceived slight. Throughout the years it went from fun colony building to baby sitting idiots the game

If you are going to play DF go for older versions, before toady turned it into a trannyfest
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

asf wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:17
Rimworld is pretty pozzed, it favors niggers/women characters and most of them have the gay trait
No.
TheCumGuzzler

Post by TheCumGuzzler »

asf wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:17

Also current rimworld is insufferable, every character is a wimp soyfaggot whining endlessly about every perceived slight. Throughout the years it went from fun colony building to baby sitting idiots the game

If you are going to play DF go for older versions, before toady turned it into a trannyfest
I don't recall the Rimworld developer saying retarded gay shit and nerfing certain playstyles because they're inhumane, please correct me if I'm wrong :D
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Rimworld had a retarded controversy when some fag found this in the code

The creator responded

I don't know if this system ever saw drastic changes.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

i remember the drama also when people started murdering all fag newcomers to colony since they were too much hassle
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

asf wrote: March 20th, 2024, 19:07
i remember the drama also when people started murdering all fag newcomers to colony since they were too much hassle
Being gay is a negative trait, technically.
TheCumGuzzler

Post by TheCumGuzzler »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 20th, 2024, 19:15
asf wrote: March 20th, 2024, 19:07
Being gay is a negative trait, technically.
Yeah since gay men cannot conceive a child and inherit good genetics, also you can put children in growth vats and use them as dispensable soldiers, being gay is a REALLY bad trait if you're going for that route.