We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

FPS General - all out of bubble gum

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
UnfairTradeCoffee

Post by UnfairTradeCoffee »

agentorange wrote: November 21st, 2023, 08:06
UnfairTradeCoffee wrote: November 21st, 2023, 05:32
Ya don't like shooters or roguelites?
I did really like Void Bastards and figure I should bring it up in this thread because it may be overlooked.
I really liked that game! Cool art style and I remember liking the locking doors mechanic. It's been a while since I played but shooting aspects and map generation felt a bit weak to me.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Any of you guys play Metal Hellsinger? Wondering if it's worth getting. I played BPM (Bullets Per Minute) but didn't particularly enjoy it.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

I think the first FPS I played was either Quake 3 on xbox or PS2, or Wolfenstein on a flip phone. I also played the first Halo on computer way back when. Many years later, I was playing the korean faction war MMO Ace Online, which was then being published by SubaGames, and I wound up checking out the other games they published, and got into Crossfire, which was a Chinese knockoff of Counter Strike but it had its own fun innovations like ghost mode (one side is invisible but carries melee weapons and they become visible if they move) or mutant mode (zombies but when you turn into a zombie you can superpowers and can level up and there are different classes of zombies). But that game was really P2W with gambling on lootcrates for better machineguns. I also played a bit of Tribes Ascend but again that was too P2W. I've played a bit of Red Orchestra 2 and the pacific war expansion. The last FPS I played was Overwatch. I had a lot of fun playing 3v3 for the first year or two but then lost interest by 2018.

I was gifted Doom 2016, but sadly never finished it. I booted it up and played for about 15 minutes and then uninstalled. I just wasn't into it.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: November 27th, 2023, 21:58
I think the first FPS I played was either Quake 3 on xbox or PS2, or Wolfenstein on a flip phone. I also played the first Halo on computer way back when. Many years later, I was playing the korean faction war MMO Ace Online, which was then being published by SubaGames, and I wound up checking out the other games they published, and got into Crossfire, which was a Chinese knockoff of Counter Strike but it had its own fun innovations like ghost mode (one side is invisible but carries melee weapons and they become visible if they move) or mutant mode (zombies but when you turn into a zombie you can superpowers and can level up and there are different classes of zombies). But that game was really P2W with gambling on lootcrates for better machineguns. I also played a bit of Tribes Ascend but again that was too P2W. I've played a bit of Red Orchestra 2 and the pacific war expansion. The last FPS I played was Overwatch. I had a lot of fun playing 3v3 for the first year or two but then lost interest by 2018.

I was gifted Doom 2016, but sadly never finished it. I booted it up and played for about 15 minutes and then uninstalled. I just wasn't into it.
I used to play Tribes so much back in like 2000 and then it was Tribes and CS for years. Tribes was the reason I built my first PC. I can never forget some of the crazy CTF matches that I played. You're right about Ascend but it was really fun for a while. I tried MidAir for a while but so few even play. Diabotical is pretty cool but again very small playerbase last I played.

I really like the smaller modes for anything pvp. In BF3 I used to often play the squad gamemodes.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Tribes with the renegades mod was probably the most fun fps in my teenage years for sure. I played so much I even managed to get into the #3 clan on the OGL at one point.