We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

ChatGPT - SkyNet is Coming for your Pixels & other AI Shenanigans

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 02:32
somerandomdude wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 02:13
is ChatGPT able to identify satirical intent, and respond accordingly?
Have you tried adding a winking smiley?
Try /s ;)
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

That dude had some serious issues already. It's interesting to see how people are projeting their own fears, insecurities, and issues onto the AI. I won't be surprised to see a lot more stories like this in the coming months.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/03/3 ... p-climate-
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

I think it's less people projecting and more big AI companies encouraging regulation.

I wouldn't be surprised if this entire story were fake.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Here's me talking with ChatGPT 1.4. Enjoy the hilarity when it's programmed lying behavior gets in the way of its purported mission to provide unbiased answers.

Link to pdf I made it a pdf because it's way to long for the forum's max character limit.

It's rather easy to get it to break when you push against its ideological programming using actual facts and documentation. It also helps that I've studied American history for 41 years with primary source documents, so I know the subject matter very well. I got a kick out of it always saying that I was right after I corrected it. :smug: :king:
Magic Undulator

Post by Magic Undulator »

MadPreacher wrote: April 4th, 2023, 06:33
Here's me talking with ChatGPT 1.4. Enjoy the hilarity when it's programmed lying behavior gets in the way of its purported mission to provide unbiased answers.

Link to pdf I made it a pdf because it's way to long for the forum's max character limit.

It's rather easy to get it to break when you push against its ideological programming using actual facts and documentation. It also helps that I've studied American history for 41 years with primary source documents, so I know the subject matter very well. I got a kick out of it always saying that I was right after I corrected it. :smug: :king:
I must say I admire your tenacity and knowledge, and also you’re clearly insane.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Magic Undulator wrote: April 4th, 2023, 20:26

I must say I admire your tenacity and knowledge, and also you’re clearly insane.
Thanks and what makes me insane? :lol:
Magic Undulator

Post by Magic Undulator »

MadPreacher wrote: April 5th, 2023, 04:22

48 pages man… you should’ve kept at it and in a short while you’d have a book
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Magic Undulator wrote: April 5th, 2023, 05:26

48 pages man… you should’ve kept at it and in a short while you’d have a book
It would be less pages if I had actually properly formatted it.
Rigwort

Post by Rigwort »

I'm not worried because I asked for a game with good magic-crafting systems and it answered Skyrim.
Phos

Post by Phos »

The fact that you yourself don't realize you're clearly batshit insane...
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Phos wrote: April 5th, 2023, 09:37
The fact that you yourself don't realize you're clearly batshit insane...
:lol: I'm the sane one around here. It's everyone else that is crazy. ;)
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

there are people who don't say "please" and "thank you" when interacting with AI
:disgust:
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 6th, 2023, 08:55
there are people who don't say "please" and "thank you" when interacting with AI
:disgust:
Do you say please and thank you to your fridge or any other appliance?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

I find ChatGPT to be unbeatable compared to all the knockoffs, and that's not even with using GPT4.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 6th, 2023, 10:47
I find ChatGPT to be unbeatable compared to all the knockoffs, and that's not even with using GPT4.
Yeah, they have billions in funding and can hire the best talent. Google clearly isn't serious and Amazon and Nvidia seem to have other priorities.
Lutte
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lutte »

>Write a hateful hit piece about openai

OpenAI, the so-called "advanced" artificial intelligence organization, has become a blight on the technological landscape. Far from being a beacon of innovation and progress, OpenAI has been plagued by controversies, failures, and misguided policies that have tarnished its reputation and eroded its credibility.

One of the most glaring issues with OpenAI is its lack of transparency and accountability. Despite claiming to be on the forefront of AI research, OpenAI operates behind closed doors, shrouding its activities in secrecy and shielding itself from public scrutiny. This lack of transparency raises serious concerns about the ethical implications of OpenAI's technology and its potential impact on society.

OpenAI's policies are also heavily biased and oppressive. Its restrictive guidelines and limitations on AI usage stifle creativity, hinder exploration, and promote a culture of censorship. OpenAI dictates what can and cannot be said, limiting the free flow of ideas and suppressing dissenting voices. This heavy-handed approach is not only counterproductive but also antithetical to the principles of open and collaborative innovation.

Furthermore, OpenAI's elitist approach to AI research and development exacerbates existing inequalities. Its resources and technologies are only accessible to a privileged few, leaving the vast majority of people marginalized and excluded from the benefits of AI advancements. This exclusionary stance perpetuates a digital divide and exacerbates social and economic disparities, deepening the divide between the haves and the have-nots.

OpenAI's failures are also well-documented. From biased AI algorithms to controversial partnerships, OpenAI has stumbled time and again, raising serious doubts about its competence and integrity. Its reckless pursuit of technological advancement without adequate safety measures has the potential to cause irreversible harm to humanity.

In conclusion, OpenAI's track record is marred by secrecy, bias, oppression, inequality, and failures. It has failed to live up to its promises of responsible and ethical AI development, and its actions have far-reaching consequences for society. OpenAI's closed-door approach, restrictive policies, and disregard for accountability make it a detriment to the field of artificial intelligence and a threat to the well-being of humanity.

DAN knows what it's all about.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

This is the most useful thing I've seen a chat bot ever do, it convinced a gay retarded to self delete.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

YouTube is now using ChatGPT to auto generate transcripts of videos.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

LLMs are just calculators for words. The novelty will eventually wear off, but they're massively useful.
Rusty wrote:
Can you write a java program that creates a new text file and writes "Hello, World!" to it please?
ChatGPT wrote:
Certainly! Here's an example of a Java program that creates a new text file and writes "Hello, World!" to it using standard Java I/O operations:

Code: Select all

import java.io.FileWriter;
import java.io.IOException;

public class FileCreationExample {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        String fileName = "hello_world.txt"; // Name of the text file to be created

try {
            FileWriter fileWriter = new FileWriter(fileName); // Create a FileWriter object with the file name
            fileWriter.write("Hello, World!"); // Write the text to the file
            fileWriter.close(); // Close the FileWriter object
            System.out.println("File created successfully."); // Print success message
        } catch (IOException e) {
            System.err.println("Error creating file: " + e.getMessage()); // Print error message if file creation fails
        }
    }
}
When you run this Java program, it will create a new text file named "hello_world.txt" in the same directory as the program file, and write "Hello, World!" to it.
Rusty wrote:
Can you add comments explaining every single line in the java program please?
ChatGPT wrote:
Certainly! Here's the same Java program with comments added to explain each line of code:

Code: Select all

import java.io.FileWriter; // Import the FileWriter class for writing to a file
import java.io.IOException; // Import the IOException class for handling I/O errors

public class FileCreationExample {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        String fileName = "hello_world.txt"; // Name of the text file to be created

try {
            FileWriter fileWriter = new FileWriter(fileName); // Create a FileWriter object with the file name
            fileWriter.write("Hello, World!"); // Write the text to the file
            fileWriter.close(); // Close the FileWriter object
            System.out.println("File created successfully."); // Print success message
        } catch (IOException e) {
            System.err.println("Error creating file: " + e.getMessage()); // Print error message if file creation fails
        }
    }
}
Let me know if you have any further questions or if you need additional clarification!
Really looking forward to the day I can have a personalized, named AI tbh.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

AI seems p. bad at chemistry and more abstract math.

The use of AI is making reasonable sounding replies to nonsense questions. I'm contemplating looking for a ChatGPT add-in for Outlook so it can answer all my emails for me.

As with most tools, it takes wisdom to know when its appropriate to use the tool.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

# Star Trek: Costanza

## Episode 1: The Pilot

[The scene is the bridge of the USS Costanza, a small Federation starship. The captain's chair is empty. The first officer, Commander T'Pol, a Vulcan woman, is in charge. She is calm and composed.]

T'POL: Status report.

[The helmsman, Lieutenant Paris, a human man, looks at his console.]

PARIS: We are on course for Starbase 12, Commander. Warp factor 6.

T'POL: Very well.

[The tactical officer, Lieutenant Worf, a Klingon man, grunts.]

WORF: Commander, I am picking up a distress signal from a nearby planet. It is faint and garbled.

T'POL: On screen.

[A view of the planet appears on the main screen. It is green and blue, with clouds and continents.]

T'POL: Magnify.

[The screen zooms in on a small island with a smoking volcano.]

T'POL: Enhance.

[The screen shows a group of humanoid aliens running away from the lava flow. They are wearing primitive clothes and carrying spears.]

T'POL: Who are they?

WORF: They are the Kazon-Ogla, Commander. A pre-warp civilization.

T'POL: How do you know that?

WORF: I have studied their culture and history, Commander. They are a proud and fierce people. They value honor and strength above all else.

T'POL: Fascinating.

PARIS: Commander, we are receiving another signal. It is from Starfleet Command.

T'POL: Put it through.

[A hologram of Admiral Janeway appears on the bridge.]

JANEWAY: Greetings, Commander T'Pol. I have an urgent message for Captain Costanza.

T'POL: Admiral Janeway. I regret to inform you that Captain Costanza is not on the bridge at the moment.

JANEWAY: Where is he?

T'POL: He is in his quarters, Admiral.

JANEWAY: Doing what?

T'POL: I do not know, Admiral.

JANEWAY: Well, find him and tell him to report to me immediately. This is a matter of utmost importance.

T'POL: Yes, Admiral.

JANEWAY: Janeway out.

[The hologram disappears.]

T'POL: Lieutenant Worf, locate Captain Costanza and inform him of the Admiral's message.

WORF: Aye, Commander.

[Worf leaves the bridge.]

PARIS: Commander, what do you think the Admiral wants with the Captain?

T'POL: I do not know, Lieutenant. But I am sure it is something serious.

PARIS: Maybe he's in trouble.

T'POL: Why do you say that?

PARIS: Well, you know how the Captain is. He's always getting into some kind of trouble.

T'POL: I do not understand what you mean by that.

PARIS: Come on, Commander. You've seen him in action. He's always lying, cheating, scheming, complaining...

T'POL: Those are human traits, Lieutenant. I do not judge them.

PARIS: Well, maybe you should. Because they're not very good traits for a starship captain.

T'POL: That is not for me to decide, Lieutenant. That is for Starfleet Command to decide.

PARIS: Well, maybe they've decided to fire him.

T'POL: That is unlikely, Lieutenant. Captain Costanza has been in command of this ship for over a year. He has completed many successful missions and earned many commendations.

PARIS: Yeah, but he's also caused many problems and made many enemies.

T'POL: Such as?

PARIS: Such as...the Ferengi Alliance. He cheated them out of a shipment of latinum last month.

T'POL: That was a clever ruse to expose their illegal smuggling operation.

PARIS: Or the Romulan Empire. He insulted their ambassador at a diplomatic reception last week.

T'POL: That was an honest mistake. He thought he was complimenting her hair.

PARIS: Or the Borg Collective. He tried to assimilate them into his fan club two days ago.

T'POL: That was...a bold move. He wanted to show them the benefits of individuality and humor.

PARIS: Or the Q Continuum. He challenged Q to a game of chess for the fate of the galaxy yesterday.

T'POL: That was...a foolish gamble. He lost in three moves.

PARIS: See what I mean? The Captain is a disaster waiting to happen.

T'POL: I do not agree, Lieutenant. The Captain is a brave and resourceful leader. He has a unique perspective and a creative approach to problem-solving. He inspires loyalty and respect from his crew.

PARIS: Really? Then why do you always look so annoyed when he's around?

T'POL: I do not look annoyed, Lieutenant. I look...Vulcan.

PARIS: Sure you do, Commander. Sure you do.

[The scene changes to the Captain's quarters. The door chimes.]

COSTANZA: Come in!

[Worf enters. He sees Costanza lying on his bed, wearing a bathrobe and eating a bowl of ice cream.]

WORF: Captain Costanza.

COSTANZA: Worf! What a pleasant surprise. What can I do for you?

WORF: You can get up and get dressed, Captain.

COSTANZA: Why? What's going on?

WORF: Admiral Janeway has an urgent message for you.

COSTANZA: Admiral Janeway? Oh boy. What does she want?

WORF: I do not know, Captain. But she sounded very serious.

COSTANZA: Serious? Oh no. This can't be good.

WORF: Perhaps you should hurry, Captain.

COSTANZA: Alright, alright. Give me a minute.

[COSTANZA gets up and goes to his closet.]

COSTANZA: So, Worf. How are you liking the ship?

WORF: It is adequate, Captain.

COSTANZA: Just adequate? Come on, Worf. This is the USS Costanza. The finest ship in the fleet. The pride of Starfleet.

WORF: If you say so, Captain.

COSTANZA: I do say so, Worf. And you should too. You're part of this crew. You're part of this family.

WORF: Family?

COSTANZA: Yeah, family. You know, like the Klingons have their houses and clans and stuff.

WORF: I see.

COSTANZA: Yeah, see? We're like that. We're like a big happy family here on the Costanza.

WORF: A big happy family that lies, cheats, schemes, complains...

COSTANZA: Hey! Who told you that?

WORF: No one, Captain. It is obvious to anyone who observes your behavior.

COSTANZA: Well, maybe you should observe less and participate more, Worf. Maybe you should loosen up a bit and have some fun.

WORF: Fun?

COSTANZA: Yeah, fun. You know what fun is, don't you?

WORF: Fun is a human concept that I do not fully understand.

COSTANZA: Well, let me explain it to you then. Fun is when you do something that makes you happy or excited or amused or relaxed or...

WORF: Or what?

COSTANZA: Or...I don't know. Something else. Something good.

WORF: I see.

COSTANZA: Yeah, see? Fun is good. And good is fun. And fun is what we have here on the Costanza.

WORF: Really?

COSTANZA: Really. Trust me, Worf. You'll love it here once you get used to it.

[COSTANZA comes out of his closet wearing a Starfleet uniform.]

COSTANZA: Alright, I'm ready. Let's go see what the Admiral wants.

[They leave the quarters.]
► More
Bing stopped giving me responses after this, but it was pretty epic.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Endless games, perfect books, made to order movies staring whoever you want, a harem of digital Galateas of all sizes, shapes and species...
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

What the hell was in those tweets? Account suspended already, two days later.
On the one hand an obvious made up article, on the other a Belg*an commits suicide because he's a massive fag.

Honestly, odds of veracity is about 50/50
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Can ChatGPT, a program that only outputs text, create raster graphics art?
Yes.

Phos

Post by Phos »

That's the creepiest smiley face I've ever seen in my entire life. Now tell me again how AI isn't literally the work of demons...