We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Baldur's Gate 3

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Vergil wrote: March 24th, 2024, 01:19
TKVNC wrote: March 24th, 2024, 01:11
Let's hope his willingness to distance himself from Trannies of the Coast is in order to make a non-woke game. I have my doubts though. Although DDOS2 wasn't that woke.
Has there been any evidence that the poz was mandated by Wizards of the Coast and at all not the direction the writers of the game always wanted to go?
There was a response around here where he was taking full responsibility for the content in BG3 and telling people that it was Larian's decision to put all the crap in.
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 01:07
This is actually relevant to what we were discussing earlier:
It's almost double DOS 2 now, so it's really doing really, really well.
DOS2 sold significantly better than people seem to realize. BG3 did better, yes, but Larian also wasn't giving a split of their profits in licensing fees. Who knows if they actually end up making more money off of BG3 or not.
DOS2 was still a major seller and a breakout performance for what was considered a niche subgenre.
Let's hope his willingness to distance himself from Trannies of the Coast is in order to make a non-woke game. I have my doubts though. Although DDOS2 wasn't that woke.
DOS2 was a bit with pushing gay dialogue if I remember right with certain NPC's, though it wasn't in your face like BG3 was. I preferred Classic D:OS even Enchanced over the weird system they implemented in DOS2. The whole shielding mechanic to break down was gimmicky and it led to certain builds that could easily defeat the encounters. I never was able to finish it because I got bored with it once I figured out how to break the system.
Last edited by Xenich on March 24th, 2024, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

TKVNC wrote: March 24th, 2024, 01:21
Absolutely none, so far as I know. But it's a Copium-hypothesis since DDOS and DDOS2 were not woke, or were not particularly woke, as far as I know, I didn't play them exhaustively however, so I can't say.
As far as I could tell, DOS1's only woke quality was Arhu, a powerful black sourcerer who's sexually attracted to actual cats. The writers seem to think that just because a person can turn into a cat means him fucking cats is totally acceptable.

DOS2 has some fugly black faces, super special gurlz, at least two sets of wives and a pair of husbands in Arx, etc. I don't count playersexual companions as woke, so I'm not including that, but some of you might.

I may be missing some things. Great games, nevertheless.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Envergence wrote: March 24th, 2024, 01:30
TKVNC wrote: March 24th, 2024, 01:21
Absolutely none, so far as I know. But it's a Copium-hypothesis since DDOS and DDOS2 were not woke, or were not particularly woke, as far as I know, I didn't play them exhaustively however, so I can't say.
As far as I could tell, DOS1's only woke quality was Arhu, a powerful black sourcerer who's sexually attracted to actual cats. The writers seem to think that just because a person can turn into a cat means him fucking cats is totally acceptable.

DOS2 has some fugly black faces, super special gurlz, at least two sets of wives and a pair of husbands in Arx, etc. I don't count playersexual companions as woke, so I'm not including that, but some of you might.

I may be missing some things. Great games, nevertheless.
Yeah, the cat thing is a bit of a push on that. I can deal with the whole gay companions thing IF the dialogue to open them up isn't easy to walk into. I can't remember, it has been a while, but I think if you play hard fast and don't let the dialogue go into personal, it is easily avoided so I never experimented with it (I don't care for romancing characters in a video game).
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

a powerful black sourcerer who's sexually attracted to actual cats.
So animal fucking is a recurring theme at Larian :scratch:
Anon

Post by Anon »

This is actually relevant to what we were discussing earlier:
It's almost double DOS 2 now, so it's really doing really, really well.
DOS2 sold significantly better than people seem to realize. BG3 did better, yes, but Larian also wasn't giving a split of their profits in licensing fees. Who knows if they actually end up making more money off of BG3 or not.
DOS2 was still a major seller and a breakout performance for what was considered a niche subgenre.
Did you miss the tweet I shared where Swen admits WOTC hasn't any fault in anything and let Larian work the way they wanted to?
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Vergil wrote: March 24th, 2024, 01:35
a powerful black sourcerer who's sexually attracted to actual cats.
So animal fucking is a recurring theme at Larian :scratch:
I'm not going to check, but I'm just saying, it wouldn't surprise me if Shart/Halsin's writer was the same person the wrote Arhu. If not, maybe he was invited to the team by a fellow zoophile. :lol: Either way, he did write lizard-fucking in DOS2.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Arhu WAS a cat. He was forced to be a human against his will, he wants to be a cat again.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:08
Arhu WAS a cat. He was forced to be a human against his will, he wants to be a cat again.
That's better, but he should probably use his newfound human intelligence to keep his degenerate thoughts to himself. Also, was he made black as a joke?

Edit: He turns into a cat at will many times in the games, so why doesn't he just stay in that form?
Last edited by Envergence on March 24th, 2024, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Envergence wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:12
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:08
That's better, but he should probably use his newfound human intelligence to keep his degenerate thoughts to himself.

Also, was he made black as a joke?
He wasn't black in DOS1. You can argue whatever skin color this is, from tan to… whatever… but it's not black.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

re: BG3 content,
the main argument is BG3 itself. The massive majority of the LGBTXYZIA++ content is in the second half of the game to the best of my recollection. As @orinEsque is the one who went through the entire game with a comb, maybe orin can chime in on this point.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Even if they became pozzed only during last half of BG3 that's irrelevant. That still means Larian is pozzed and their next products will be entirely pozzed from now on.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:14
He wasn't black in DOS1. You can argue whatever skin color this is, from tan to… whatever… but it's not black.
His DOS2(?) concept art shows him as black:
In DOS2, they made him extra black (and extra ugly).

It also seems at one point they wanted him to be white, going by that one concept art, but gotta have representation I guess.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:16
the main argument is BG3 itself. The massive majority of the LGBTXYZIA++ content is in the second half of the game to the best of my recollection. As @orinEsque is the one who went through the entire game with a comb, maybe orin can chime in on this point.
The second half of the game is also just when you encounter more people. Act 1 has plenty of ugly blacks and sheboons with attitudes in position of power, there's the dyke tieflings in the grove, and notorious polyamorous rapist Halsin. The reason Act 3 is so super pozzed is because you're running around a massive city full of people instead of mostly wilderness, destroyed towns and cursed lands.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:20
Even if they became pozzed only during last half of BG3 that's irrelevant. That still means Larian is pozzed and their next products will be entirely pozzed from now on.
Well, yes, if you expect Larian to make another good game you'll be sorely disappointed.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Yes this is true. Everyone is gendered in the code. Most items were showcased and tested on the regular human male, and then expanded to the other races. Gendered dialogue obviously exist within the game: Sir / Maam/ etc. WHich is how we were able to use your gender tag to make the NoRomance mod.

Usually unique NPC clothing are available for all gender/body sizes. But Lucretious' dress is curiously available ONLY regular human female and the butch one. Why? Could it be she was meant to be a regular human female to begin with instead of a tranny!!!!?
Last edited by orinEsque on March 24th, 2024, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

orinEsque wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:47
Usually unique NPC clothing are available for all gender/body sizes. But Lucretious' dress is curiously available ONLY regular human female and the butch one. Why? Could it be she was meant to be a regular human female to begin with instead of a tranny!!!!?
In early EA, Florrick wore that dress before a later major patch switched her outfit to the slutty dress she wears in the main game. They probably didn't want the asset to go to waste or something, lol.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Envergence wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:58
In early EA, Florrick wore that dress before a later major patch switched her outfit to the slutty dress she wears in the main game. They probably didn't want the asset to go to waste or something, lol.
I think this is more likely than the game secretly being epicly based before wizards of the coast used dark kabbalah magic to suddenly force them to make everything gay against their own free will. :lol:
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

Yes this is true. Everyone is gendered in the code. Most items were showcased and tested on the regular human male, and then expanded to the other races. Gendered dialogue obviously exist within the game: Sir / Maam/ etc. WHich is how we were able to use your gender tag to make the NoRomance mod.

As (I think) you correctly pointed out, some characters were written straight and then genderflipped (like Aylin) or transed (like Lucretious). I think Lucretious' choice of a troon for a voice actor was deliberately pushed by WOTC after the fact, and she was previously intended to be an ugly mouthy broad, but an actual female nonetheless.

Your mod very likely simply reverses a lot of pozzed shit that WOTC shoehorned in as a condition for licensing. Though Larian is plenty pozzed on its own so IDK. However, Larian cares about making money unlike Hasbro which is now a full-on propaganda outlet, so they would probably be less blatant about it.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

MadRussian wrote: March 24th, 2024, 03:15
As (I think) you correctly pointed out, some characters were written straight and then genderflipped (like Aylin) or transed (like Lucretious).
Is there actual evidence for there being a change in writing beyond generic placeholder NPCs in the game's code and speculation based on the model of a dress? :Inspector:
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Vergil wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:59
I think this is more likely than the game secretly being epicly based before wizards of the coast used dark kabbalah magic to suddenly force them to make everything gay against their own free will. :lol:
I'm inclined to agree, especially with your earlier point that Act 1 was already filled to the brim with blacks and girl power. :scratch: Going by Act 1 prior to the mass overhaul in late development, Act 3 probably would have only been marginally less woke if Larian hadn't needed to change anything.

Related: Not coincidentally, I think the major update that added Grymforge (where at least two gay gnome couples are introduced) was when Florrick's dress was changed, and when they added the bridge cinematic at the goblin camp showcasing the chosen silhouettes, and likely when they scrapped the mind-controlled fishermen. That was the major patch that hinted at the original story being scrapped and rewritten, and we just didn't realize it at the time. Datamining also discovered the original datamined idea for Nightsong had been replaced with uwu lezbeans. It happened long before the game released, but too late to present a polished, cohesive product.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Has there been any evidence that the poz was mandated by Wizards of the Coast and at all not the direction the writers of the game always wanted to go?
I am fairly confident it was both. WOTC was probably like "Want these mulatto lib commissars to come in and help" and Larian said, "it would be an honor, we already have several on our own payroll!"
Anon

Post by Anon »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 24th, 2024, 03:20
I am fairly confident it was both. WOTC was probably like "Want these mulatto lib commissars to come in and help" and Larian said, "it would be an honor, we already have several on our own payroll!"
I don't even think it's mulatto immigrants doing that, but low t white kuks
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:28
Well, yes, if you expect Larian to make another good game you'll be sorely disappointed.
Yeah if they make decent pozzed games then I'll wait till modders depozz it then pirate it and give the spare money to the modders.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Anon wrote: March 24th, 2024, 03:26

The average SBI employee is some weird nonbinary half-breeds, plus a few kikes. Very few soy whites
Anon

Post by Anon »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 24th, 2024, 03:33

The average SBI employee is some weird nonbinary half-breeds, plus a few kikes. Very few soy whites
Yes I'm aware but I think Larian is still 100% majority white or near that, like Nexus for example.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Anon wrote: March 24th, 2024, 03:34
Nammu Archag wrote: March 24th, 2024, 03:33

Yes I'm aware but I think Larian is still 100% majority white or near that, like Nexus for example.
oh yeah larian's dev team is mostly white and jewish but I haven't combed through the credits to see who's all actually in on BG3
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 24th, 2024, 03:32
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 02:28
Yeah if they make decent pozzed games then I'll wait till modders depozz it then pirate it and give the spare money to the modders.
If their next game is even on par with the quality of the second half of BG3, it will be a major disappointment.
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

It's hard to guess what Vincke has in mind specifically, though
Swen has been writing about his dream game for like 15 years, it's really not. Game journos just don't know shit about the topics they write about. He obviously wants to make a modern, full-featured Ultima VII.
Which will be full to the brim with alphabetic abominations.
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

So much focusing in the woke in BG3 here, without adressing a more pressing issue with the game: the writing in general - which admittedly is why we have woke in the game as well, although I see that more as a symtom and not a cause. Simply put, BG3 is a badly written game, and it's mindboggling how much praise the game has gotten with all the rewards and whatnot.

Interestingly enough, the game was not as far as I know touched by SBI or any of tis equivalent companies, but Larian did that themselves. What is even more interesting is that BG3 is apparently an exception to the adage 'go woke, go broke' since it has sold very well. I have listened to a number of people on YT with about the same mindset as people here like Endymion, and even he - woke-alltergic as he is - likes BG3. Why? I can't tell. What I do suspect is that BG3 wields the same magic as the Cameron movie Avatar did, blinding people with effects when it's just a polished turd - or in Avatar's case, Pocahontas in space.

That in turn makes me think that people need to stop and reflect more on what they like/dislike, and why. Picking a game like BG3 apart will show the very shaky narrative structure, but it seems the fans are unable to do that. So I'd say people are willfully blind and stupid.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

latest woke d&d movie also help the sales plus the game is woke but with freedom of choice