We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Baldur's Gate 3

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Well... it would've been a really cool if they had referenced the Divinity Original Sin 1 cheese vendor. That would've been like... smart... and neat? A bit cheesy, but, you know... you're pushing one of your own games' more accepted jokes.

But no. Just a cheese wheel.

Better luck next year, I guess.
Trithne

Post by Trithne »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 1st, 2023, 23:46
As an addendum, Hearts of Iron IV being the #36 most played game on Steam right now is amazing to me. 24 hour peak of nearly 54k players! Apparently the game is 7 years old. Wow!
You can say these games have tutorials, but I find them completely impenetrable and always skip them. I learned to play EU3 just by… playing the game. Checking all the menus, and failing. Failing a lot.

If you think your game needs more handholding, just remember a game that is essentially a bunch of layered spreadsheets with rudimentary graphics is one of the best-selling games on Steam.
Not to mention that HoI4's tutorial hasn't actually been updated since the game came out and is hilariously out of date. No-one ever does the tutorial for paragames. They fumble with the UI, suck for hundreds of hours while they learn where everything is, probably watch a YouTuber and have moments of "Oh that's a feature I wasn't aware of" because the YouTuber uses it. It's a largely organic process.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

can't tell if this was meant to be a negative screenshot because that all sounds really cool?
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Sounds like degeneracy to me. Is there not a single pure maiden in the game? I'm getting flashbacks to the thread on the Steam forums where someone asked for there to be at least one sweet virgin companion and all the degenerates (read: the whole forum) blew up on him.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

GhostCow wrote: May 31st, 2023, 23:24
Sounds like degeneracy to me. Is there not a single pure maiden in the game? I'm getting flashbacks to the thread on the steam forums where someone asked for there to be at least one sweet virgin companion and all the degenerates (read: the whole forum) blew up on him.
If you go on a date with the cleric she gets drunk and kisses you!
What a harlot.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Just realized by "Liselle" they're referring to Lae'Zel, a Githyanki. They're non-monogamous by nature. They also lay eggs.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 31st, 2023, 23:27
Just realized by "Liselle" they're referring to Lae'Zel, a Githyanki. They're non-monogamous by nature. They also lay eggs.
NTR confirmed with rusty...
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I just cannot fucking wait to play this game in three or four years.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

https://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gaming-show- ... -to-watch/
This year's show will be going out pretty much everywhere that can hold a livestream at 1:00 PM PDT / 4:00 PM EDT / 9:00 PM BST / 10:00 PM CEST on Sunday, June 11. We'll be on the PC Gamer Twitch channel, YouTube, Twitch Gaming, Steam, and Bilibili.
The images from the tweet are below, for your viewing pleasure:

Klerik

Post by Klerik »

I hope the writing is worth something. I hope it makes people cry, pee themselves, go on a rampage, question reality or some shit. Then kids can run around with bauldurs gate action figures at mcdonalds and I can gel with people about it instead of treat the game like huffing a can of paint and throwing it in the trash.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I hope it has the best romance options like choosing whether you cum in your elf sluts mouth or her asshole.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Fingers cross for metaverse enabled crossplay.

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Be careful, seeing the Twitter part may spoil the game for you:

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Return to Baldur's Gate for the first time in 20 years as the iconic city prepares for war. Rediscover legendary locations, uncover new mysteries, and embark on a journey to shape the city's destiny.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

The_Mask wrote: June 11th, 2023, 21:45
Return to Baldur's Gate for the first time in 20 years as the iconic city prepares for war. Rediscover legendary locations, uncover new mysteries, and embark on a journey to shape the city's destiny.
All I get from that is, "We're too lazy to create something new, so we're going to rape your childhood and leave you traumatized with our woke bullshit. Enjoy the soyslop we're serving you worthless pieces of shit."
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Sesame under watch. Cause of death: Sequelitis.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Probably last panel before launch.

J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Which class do you intend to play? I am leaning towards a Paladin with the misty step ability.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Normally, I would play a monk. Because it's not yet implemented, I might either play a Druid, so I can shapeshift and go unarmed, or play a Fighter, and make sure I can use my fists effectively.

It's highly unlikely that by the end of 2024 I will not have played the game with all the classes. lol
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Community Update #19: Mechs and the City
Our goggles are on, our posture is aerodynamic; like a gnome hurled through the air by a barbarian with a mean overhead throw, Baldur’s Gate 3 is rapidly hurtling toward launch.

This weekend, we unveiled the city of Baldur's Gate for the very first time, with a glimpse behind its walls and around its familiar labyrinthine streets. It's been about 20 years since we last had a pint in the Elfsong Tavern or crawled through the sewers beneath the city streets and, as you might have spotted during the PC Gaming Show, many of these locations are back, and many news ones are waiting to be discovered for the first time - giving you a chance to explore the menacing roads of the Outer City, the opulent estates of the Upper City, and the dark alleys and pubs of the Lower City.

But the Baldur's Gate that we've built is a lot more than faithful geography. As a modern adaptation of an iconic fantasy setting, this city couldn’t be a mere backdrop. It needed to feel more like a complex organism: alive, changeable, and interconnected. Your journey, and your story, has been heading in this direction since the start of the game. You’ve finally arrived.

Welcome To Baldur's Gate

Though your journey hasn’t been easy, you arrive at a city preparing for war. As the Steel Watch patrols Baldur’s Gate’s labyrinthian streets, the printing press prepares the daily news cycle. There are factions within the city vying for control, all disagreeing on what to make of outside threats, and new faces within the city walls. Opportunity in times of struggle is rife. What you make of it, and what it makes of you, will be determined by your choices up to the city walls, and beyond their shadow.

We’ve built a truly next-gen fantasy city, and upped the stakes. Our latest trailer gives you a sense of that scale, showing rolling vistas of grand buildings that recede into the horizon, boisterous docks with harbours thick with ships, and lively town centres populated with over a thousand individual characters. You can explore all of it.

On cobbled streets, bustling crowds go about their day, each one with a story to unravel, a secret to uncover, or a personal reaction to be stirred. Peer further down those steep hills and you might spot a distant bell tower that you can climb for a panoramic view of the city. Make a wrong turn to the visiting circus and explore your deep-seated clown phobia. Or you could case the local inn, where sinister rumours lurk in secret back rooms. In short, Baldur's Gate is your oyster. It is its own vast, complex organism inside of a game already filled with opportunities for exploration. What your role is within it is entirely up to you.

Our scope for the city is big. But it's also grown substantially over the past year.

From the very beginning, we envisioned a Baldur’s Gate that players could navigate however they chose - whether that’s flying to the hidden rooftop nest of Gale's pet tressym, burrowing into a locked prison cell as a giant badger, or slipping into the Counting House in the form of a little cloud (not technically considered breaking and entering as per Faerûnian property law). But in our original prototype, the city was actually much more compartmentalised - a series of small, contained regions connected by teleporters. And so it remained until midway into developing the city, when we decided to make some major changes.

"[Swen] said, like, can't we just connect everything?" reminisces World Building Director Farhang Namdar. "And that was an interesting day."

What's come out of that decision is something we’re very proud of. The districts of Baldur's Gate are now three seamless open worlds. No matter whether you’re investigating underground crypts, climbing the stairs of a towering citadel, or descending into hidden cellars, open-ended exploration reigns supreme. No longer are they broken up into much smaller chunks. This - though ambitious - means that we were finally able to achieve that grand sense of hustle and bustle, where all the stories within the city were truly interconnected. There’s plenty to discover, and to be distracted by, and nothing is off-limits. We wanted every house to have real characters who had stories, and who could offer quests with secrets to uncover.

Hello to Jason Isaacs

Like the city itself, the political landscape of Baldur's Gate is something that must be deftly navigated. While the streets may appear orderly, maintained in check by a security force of hulking automatons, beneath the surface lies an undeniable undercurrent of turmoil. Duke Ravengard has disappeared, and in his wake a power vacuum has emerged, leaving an opportunity for ambitious factions and individuals to seize control and shape the fate of the city.

Enter Lord Enver Gortash, commander of a clockwork army of Steel Watchers. Raised by a devil, a leader among loners, Enver Gortash freed himself of his bonds to envision wonders and become a master of both men and mechanisms.

Jason had this to say about the nefarious politician: "It was a thrill to join the Baldur’s Gate universe but I fear that the magnificent Lord Enver Gortash is being mischaracterized as a villain. In a brutal world of betrayals and butchery, he’s learned to lie better and backstab first. The joy in voicing him - apart from the obvious pleasure in getting to look so glorious - was that the creative team and I got to play loose enough to find ways that he could enjoy the ride and make the players hate him more!"

First revealed during last week's Summer Game Fest, Larian Studios is thrilled to announce that acclaimed actor and all-round great bad-guy Jason Isaacs is taking on the role of this dark and charismatic sovereign. Best known for playing classic antagonists such as Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter series, Captain Hook in 2003’s Peter Pan, and Captain Gabriel Lorca in Star Trek: Discovery, Isaacs adds a layer of depth to the characters you’ll meet here, bringing with him decades of experience in acting the villain to the recording booth and even modifying lines of dialogue between takes.

Through Gortash, players will help define the future of the legendary city, deciding who to align with in the struggle for the soul of Baldur's Gate.

We know, you want to know if you can romance Lord Enver Gortash… We get it.

The Road Ahead

In this year’s PCGaming Show, to celebrate the beginning of the end, we worked with Mashed to create this fun little animated short written by our very own Emily Gera, starring the original voice cast for Baldur’s Gate 3! Frooooooog. We hope you enjoy watching it as much as we did. Players of Act 1 will find a few easter eggs designed just for you. Awwww!

Baldur’s Gate 3 is much, much bigger than we had envisioned when we started this journey roughly 5 years ago. Looking at what’s in Act 1 Early Access right now, it’s fair to say that you’ve really only seen a glimmer of the full experience to come. In July, you’ll begin to get a more complete look not just at how far Baldur’s Gate 3 has come, but where it’s been heading all these years in development. We know you’re really eager to hear about all the playable races & classes in the game. It’s coming.

Spoilers! We also understand that many of you are cautious about spoilers and we don’t intend to spoil anything between now and launch as we release some new exciting video assets and information into the wild. We’ll try and give you a heads up about the nature of something before you see it, so you can make an informed decision as to whether it’s something you’d like to learn about, or wait to experience yourself at launch.

With regards to any other platforms Baldur’s 3 will release on, our plan is to release the game in order of platform readiness. Once we’re sure about dates, we’ll let you know. You can rest assured we’ll try to make BG3 run on every platform we can, but it’s a gigantic, truly next-generation RPG with split screen, multiplayer and incredible breadth & density and we don’t want to compromise.

With that said - ONWARD, to Baldur’s Gate! We’ll see you in another community update in the not too distant future.

We’re nearly there.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Completely forgot the first baldur's gate even had sewers, had to go look it up.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Note that in order to play/vote for things, you need to have a Larian account. Might be a shrewd way to make people get an account, so... up to you if you want to participate.

Most bizarrely, you have the option to download the BG III and Larian logo. Not sure why they included that, but... :lol: ... yeah, that's something you can do.

Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Too bad Larian studios doesn't have the FALLOUT LICENSE.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The_Mask wrote: June 19th, 2023, 17:56
Note that in order to play/vote for things, you need to have a Larian account. Might be a shrewd way to make people get an account, so... up to you if you want to participate.

Most bizarrely, you have the option to download the BG III and Larian logo. Not sure why they included that, but... :lol: ... yeah, that's something you can do.

it was the tiefling

source:
he's a tiefling
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Klerik wrote: June 19th, 2023, 21:59
Yes, imagine them making Fallout but it's just another Divinity clone lol.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

General Reign wrote: June 20th, 2023, 02:51
Klerik wrote: June 19th, 2023, 21:59
Yes, imagine them making Fallout but it's just another Divinity clone lol.
So it would actually be good? Nice.