We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Baldur's Gate 3

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Will Turner from PotC wrote: April 9th, 2024, 01:07
TKVNC wrote: April 8th, 2024, 13:03
Mizora, you're cucking Wyll, and yes he's a nigger, but that's pretty nigger behaviour from you.
Wyll is practically her slave, so I don't know how you worked that one out.
How did Larian get away with making the only black companion a literal slave... :scratch:
Anon

Post by Anon »

ArcaneLurker wrote: April 9th, 2024, 01:07
Mizora, you're cucking Wyll, and yes he's a nigger, but that's pretty nigger behaviour from you.
Plus his disgust for Mizora is always visible, and he has never even once suggested some romantic relationship with her, much less sex.
Vergil wrote: April 9th, 2024, 01:10
How did Larian get away with making the only black companion a literal slave... :scratch:
Oh you don't know, I've seen plenty people complaining about Larian giving some supposed racist treatment to Wyll for any stupid reason. You can never truly appease this crowd.
Vergil wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:26
gastovski wrote: April 8th, 2024, 22:49
im on neverending act3 doing every quest while being level 12 forever. god this time could have been so much better i think act3 has the most content yet so boring.
I know I've said it before but Baldur's Gate really needed to be a reoccurring central location that you go into different areas from and return to. By the time you get there you're already getting kind of fatigued of the game, are probably max level with your gear pretty much figured out, and being pulled in like 10 directions all at once makes you want to do none of it.
It wouldn't be so bad if it was a hub that had the quests broken up piecemeal as you went through the acts and you would do quests here and there as you returned to town to trade or complete other quests.
You mean like in BG1 and 2? I'm shocked that 20s gaming has regressed in narrative/gameplay concepts compared to 90s games! :o
Last edited by Anon on April 9th, 2024, 01:16, edited 5 times in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: April 9th, 2024, 01:10
TheEmptyRoad

Post by TheEmptyRoad »

BobT wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:58
TheEmptyRoad wrote: April 8th, 2024, 15:52
Ooof, tough crowd, are my feelings supposed to be hurt?

Intimidated by the big red woman? Feel inferior to barbarians? Am I to massacre tieflings and Druids to get the true chad waifu Mommy Minty? How about the edgy goth with the plot McGuffin? Or the alien with something to prove? I’ll take my big strong sweetheart thank you very much.

And for the record no, I don’t like modern Marvel series, Marvel’s been shit for years.

Also, Karlach ain’t got no dick, y’all dumb.

Yes, I will die on this hill, lol.

Edit: You would know more about that than I Buttfucker3000. VA’s aren’t writers anyway.
Rusty has already huffed all the copium supply. Are you sure you can manage? :lol:
*takes a hit from an inhaler* I have my own supply.

Anyway yeah, having the city of Baldur’s Gate be a central hub that one could return to between major quests or acts would probably have been better.

By the time you get to the city you just want to take a breather but then all of the 10 gorillion side-quests in the city pop up and Orin and Gortash are there in your face and OMGEARTHQUAKES every five minutes doing their best to remind you that you’re on a time limit even if in mechanical terms you’re really not.

Honestly though I think the plot should have either been Mindflayers OR Dead Three Shenanigans, not both.
Last edited by TheEmptyRoad on April 9th, 2024, 07:29, edited 2 times in total.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

pokafox wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:02
gastovski wrote: April 8th, 2024, 22:49
im on neverending act3 doing every quest while being level 12 forever. god this time could have been so much better i think act3 has the most content yet so boring.
There are mods to level higher that work well. Was max level almost immediately after entering Act 3 as well.

Was almost completely done exploring all of Act 3 but never finished the game though. Despite the horrible performance, the Baldur's Gate areas were literally the only point in the game where I finally felt kinda immersed in a universe because the neverending retarded story cutscenes stopped and it finally stopped feeling like I was watching Netflix the RPG instead of playing a damn game.

I was also steamrolling everything so bad it wasn't even fun. Which to be fair was true for my entire playthrough. And I was playing a pure sword & board paladin of all things.

i know but the game designed to be like this any other stuff breaks it
Last edited by gastovski on April 9th, 2024, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Least intrusive way to 'fix' it is probably a mod that alters the XP curve to slightly speed up the first couple levels then slow down dramatically. The game is already rather easy past the first act as-is.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I'm also pretty convinced that you weren't supposed to complete both underdark and mountain pass in the same playthrough. First because Halsin clearly states it as that you should choose between one of these, not do both. Second because when you do both you come to act 2 overleveled and overgeared, shitting on all enemies until you reach the final fights of the act.

The game would have been significantly more challenging if you had to choose and it would be a quite interesting decision to have between playthroughs.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Also I know how ultimately not that big of a deal it is but I hate having to lug useless items around or have my quest log filled with quests in act 1 that won't become relevant until deep into Act 3.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

I let Karlach avenge herself, felt so good

Last edited by gastovski on April 9th, 2024, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

fkirenicus wrote: April 8th, 2024, 20:51
BLofbr wrote: April 8th, 2024, 20:47

So we will never get a good sequel to the two bg games.
What Larian has produced is per se a good game, and I like D&D 5th edition and how they have implemented it
No, it isn't - technically, just look at all the reports of all the bugs in act 3 for example. Then you have the objectively bad writing of both companions and the adventure. For example: You have two with external masters, two with stuff in their chests and two zealots. That is just lazy. Then you have the main goal of the game, ie get rid of the worm in your head, which is a giant red herring you have to chase after since - spoiler alert - there is. NO. CURE. That's so bad words can't describe it - if there isn't a cure, let me just off myself, k?
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

Oldtimer wrote: April 9th, 2024, 17:42
fkirenicus wrote: April 8th, 2024, 20:51
BLofbr wrote: April 8th, 2024, 20:47

So we will never get a good sequel to the two bg games.
What Larian has produced is per se a good game, and I like D&D 5th edition and how they have implemented it
No, it isn't - technically, just look at all the reports of all the bugs in act 3 for example. Then you have the objectively bad writing of both companions and the adventure. For example: You have two with external masters, two with stuff in their chests and two zealots. That is just lazy. Then you have the main goal of the game, ie get rid of the worm in your head, which is a giant red herring you have to chase after since - spoiler alert - there is. NO. CURE. That's so bad words can't describe it - if there isn't a cure, let me just off myself, k?
OK, I could amend that statement. What Larian has produced is a good game per se up until about the end of act 2. Act 3 is more or less pure garbage as I see it.
But the way they have implemented the 5e rules is OK as far as I know them. So, really technically, the game is good in that way.
That they have broken about 50% of their own quest lines, and concentrated on having gay couples with or without colorful hair rather than fix the bugs in their own stories, is another matter entirely.
Last edited by fkirenicus on April 9th, 2024, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

The whole game is dog shit
Last edited by BLofbr on April 9th, 2024, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

gortash mod to make him just slightly less boy band faggoty looking.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Vergil wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:15
Also I know how ultimately not that big of a deal it is but I hate having to lug useless items around or have my quest log filled with quests in act 1 that won't become relevant until deep into Act 3.
I like the aspect of things you find at early game having repercussions until the end but certainly the presentation could have been better.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Ligrev wrote: April 9th, 2024, 18:36

gortash mod to make him just slightly less boy band faggoty looking.
A significant improvement.

Non-standard hair colours are pinnacle cringe.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Anon wrote: April 9th, 2024, 14:06
I'm also pretty convinced that you weren't supposed to complete both underdark and mountain pass in the same playthrough. First because Halsin clearly states it as that you should choose between one of these, not do both. Second because when you do both you come to act 2 overleveled and overgeared, shitting on all enemies until you reach the final fights of the act.

The game would have been significantly more challenging if you had to choose and it would be a quite interesting decision to have between playthroughs.
I didn't know you could do both. I believed that faggot bear sex pest :(
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Is this still gay lol

Last edited by BLofbr on April 9th, 2024, 19:28, edited 2 times in total.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

BLofbr wrote: April 9th, 2024, 19:19

Is this still gay lol

Time for a haram coomer play through
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Last edited by BLofbr on April 9th, 2024, 20:13, edited 10 times in total.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Ahh the male fantasy, all female characters companions.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Nooneatall wrote: April 9th, 2024, 18:43

I didn't know you could do both. I believed that faggot bear sex pest :(
Exterminate the grove next playthrough as a payback :heart:
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Last edited by BLofbr on April 9th, 2024, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Ooof, those Karlach Animations are disgusting, even worse on a male.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Holy fuck, i found Male Shadowharrt, male Laezel, male Minthara, and male Jaheira

Goddamn this is really gay
Last edited by BLofbr on April 9th, 2024, 21:45, edited 4 times in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

The fuck is a Hellfire engine anyway? This page says it's a gigantic artillery robot thing. What's it doing in her chest?

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

BLofbr wrote: April 9th, 2024, 19:19

Is this still gay lol

The trivialness to convert them to women is why they're such shit companions btw. They have no identity besides "I want to suck your cock/I want you to suck my cock"
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

BLofbr wrote: April 9th, 2024, 19:57
Ahh the male fantasy, all female characters companions.
No - I would want more males overall in any party, not for any sausage ride the carousel games, but for the camaraderie - and on that note, disabling any gay traps in conversations would be great. So, I would be more than happy to make at least Jaheira and Karlach male in BG3 (I would like to replace Jaheira with a totally different character, but that's kind of beside the discussion). And the same goes for a lot of RPGs since ooh, I guess BG1? There were a ton of female characters there as well, and it didn't get better with time. I think one of the very few RPGs that did not fill the gender quotas actually was Neverwinter Nights...

Ok, I went of a tangent there, sorry.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Damn, when I click on transition point into mountains, game said that if I'm go further, unfinished quests will be artificially finished and I turned back, but when I tried to get to the underdark, game doesn't show any warnings, like it is part of act 1, so I thought that this is the way it is intended to be. You actually can go mountains without problems?