AD&D 2E Core Rules 2.0+Expansion

For all your tabletop & board game needs.
Bah! They don't even play at physical tabletops anymore.
MadPreacher

AD&D 2E Core Rules 2.0+Expansion

Post by MadPreacher »

AD&D 2E Core Rules 2.0 and Expansion is a tool that allowed DMs to run their games and players to create their characters. With both the books you got from AD&D 2E were:
  • PHB
    DMG
    Monstrous Manual
    Arms & Equipment Guide
    Tome of Magic
    DM Option: High Level Campaigns
    Player's Option: Combat & Tactics
    PO: Skills & Powers
    PO: Spells & Magic
    TC Bard's Handbook
    TC Druid's Handbook
    TC Fighter's Handbook
    TC Paladin's Handbook
    TC Priest's Handbook
    TC Ranger's Handbook
    TC Thief's Handbook
    TC Wizard's Handbook
    Complete Book of Dwarves
    Complete Book of Gnomes & Halflings
    TC Book of Elves.
Wizards released TC Book of Necromancers as a free add on along with the final patch for it.

The DM Toolkit contains NPC Generation, Monsters and Encounters, Treasure, Other Custom Information, Table Rolls, Import, and Export.

I'm only going to cover Other Custom Information. In there you can create Custom Classes, Powers, Races, Data that ranges from armor to weapons, and Custom Spells. This is fairly robust for when it was released in 1999.

The help documentation in the software is fairly robust while the manual isn't that useful. The problem with Windows 10 is that it no longer supports .hlp files that this program uses by default. There is a method to get it to work and just follow the instructions listed.

Also included is Pro-Fantasy's early Map Maker and Campaign Mapper software.

Under Characters you can create and store characters. Creating Characters allows you to choose between using just the core rules or the Player's Option rules.

If I get approval from @rusty_shackleford I'll post links to the software.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

I got approval from Rusty to post the links to the archive.org files. I updated the original post with all the appropriate links.