We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Atomic Heart - Bioshock clone set in Soviet Russia

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!

Post by 1998 »

Interesting how they still refuse to talk about ray tracing. I can understand that they didn't want to include that on release if the FPS hit was too massive, but now?
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Raytracing is a meme and nothing more, made to sell you on $2000 Ngreedia GPUs
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

If this continues the story, I will definitely buy it. I enjoyed Atomic Heart a lot.
KnightoftheWind wrote: June 26th, 2023, 18:45
Someone is mad that they can't afford a 4090 :smug:

Post by 1998 »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 26th, 2023, 18:45
That wasn't my point. My point was that Atomic Heart was always advertised as an RTX flagship game. This feature was dropped just prior to release and many people are complaining about that in comments/Steam forums. At this stage in the games lifecycle, I just wonder why they don't release it?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Never made it past the first two minutes in the paddle boat intro. One of the many games I spent more time in the menu than playing.
rockheart13

Post by rockheart13 »

I forgot this game exists. I think I spent 20 minutes in it and then got a refund. It was not what I expected, it was so blend and quite boring.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 5th, 2024, 16:58
It's half off, worth playing if you don't like spooky games?
It's basically Russian BioShock with a weird Soviet Atompunk aesthetic. Back when I played it for a few hours it failed to hook me. A lot of it feels weird for the sake of being weird, the gunplay and powers were underwhelming, the glove character talks way too much, the protagonist is unlikeable, it's even more watered down than BioShock: Infinite.

About the only things I liked were the rapethirsty upgrade fembot and the twins. Might give it a chance once all the DLC are out and they release a GOTY version. If nothing else, it certainly looks very unique.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Not to mention all cutscenes are unskippable...

Wanna replay the game? Tough luck, you'll have to spend more than 50% of your playthrough rewatching all these cutscenes you already know...

A game that doesn't have replayability isn't good.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

The original concept of the game was so much cooler. I remember when it first got teased years ago, the scope was much smaller and focused. Basically a different game than what was released. Pretty sure this game was only successful amongst normgroids because of the sexy robot ladies.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I loved the aesthetics, liked the gameplay, liked the writing, and there is 0 poz. Anyone who skips it is missing out.