Post by rusty_shackleford »

I wanted Fallout in Russia...
Something tells me they did not in fact want "Fallout in Russia"
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

https://www.pcgamer.com/atomic-heart-cr ... -cartoons/
Atomic Heart is being criticised (via Resetera) for the presence of a racist caricature in one of the old Soviet cartoons that air in the game's Resident Evil-style save rooms. Those rooms, which serve as a brief respite from the game's robo-bashing combat, offer players a chance to kick back for a bit and watch old episodes of Nu, Pogodi! (Well, Just You Wait!) a beloved Soviet children's cartoon that first aired in 1969. But at least one of the episodes featured might be a bit too reminiscent of its era.

Nu, Pogodi! is, in essence, Soviet Tom and Jerry, starring an impeccably-dressed Soviet disco wolf (Volk) as he tries and fails to get his hands on a mischievous hare (Zayats). Atomic Heart is being criticised for a segment in episode 12: "Museum," from 1978. In a quick flash on the screen, the pair's antics cause a statue—a racist depiction of an African tribesman—to fire the bow and arrow it's holding, setting off a Rube Goldberg-style sequence of chaotic events that eventually deposits Volk in the sarcophagus of Ramesses the Great. You can see the episode in question on YouTube (content warning for racism).

It's the kind of thing—like Dumbo or the Jungle Book—that would get a "This programme includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures(opens in new tab)" warning if it were shown on streaming services like Disney+ or Netflix, and it's disturbing that it's included in Atomic Heart without any warning or contextualisation.
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

Looks surprisingly good for a recent game, reminds me of Singularity. Love the song and how they remixed it. Those quotes @Fargus listed make it seem entertaining as well. Edit: The steam reviews make me cringe though, fucking simps.
Last edited by Gastrick on February 25th, 2023, 18:17, edited 2 times in total.
Segata Sanshiro
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 27th, 2023, 01:39
https://www.gamesradar.com/atomic-heart ... ricatures/
Atomic Heart dev apologizes for "hurt or insult" caused by racist caricatures
"We will edit the parts in question"
Cucked beyond belief.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 27th, 2023, 01:52
rusty_shackleford wrote: February 27th, 2023, 01:39
https://www.gamesradar.com/atomic-heart ... ricatures/
Atomic Heart dev apologizes for "hurt or insult" caused by racist caricatures
"We will edit the parts in question"
Cucked beyond belief.
Shamefur dispray. Not suprising, though. It was well known that the devs are not based hardcore vatniks like the gamejournos and the marketing campaign have made them out to be.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Even a retard would understand the ramifications of putting blackface in your game that you want to sell to western faggot gamers with pure soy instead of brain. I can't blame bitches for chickening out because they are already known among npcs as defacto Putin's personal gamedev studio that needs to be destroyed to achieve eternal peace in U*raine. But if they are so eager to suck western progressive cock for money why add that goofy stereotype in the first place? Smells like dumbfuck pr stunt.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Fargus wrote: February 27th, 2023, 13:52
But if they are so eager to suck western progressive cock for money why add that goofy stereotype in the first place? Smells like dumbfuck pr stunt.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence. They probably just dumped those cartoons into the game without checking whether it has anything offensive. I mean, how can an old cartoon we all watched as kids can offend anyone???
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

wndrbr wrote: February 27th, 2023, 14:07
Fargus wrote: February 27th, 2023, 13:52
But if they are so eager to suck western progressive cock for money why add that goofy stereotype in the first place? Smells like dumbfuck pr stunt.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence. They probably just dumped those cartoons into the game without checking whether it has anything offensive. I mean, how can an old cartoon we all watched as kids can offend anyone???
Hard to believe people that can actually release a game in working condition in 2023 will make stupid blunders like that. They knew who they were going to sell this game to. Reminds me of Amanita Design's Chuchel blackface situtation, naive czechs had no idea their character looked like a nigger hobo until some npc on twitter told them and they caved in immediatly. And this was 5 years ago and the creature in the game wasn't even a spearchucking nigger...

All i can say is LOL
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

I remember other indie devs getting flak for writing a pro-peace message, yet Atomic Heart can still become a vatnik favorite regardless.

Also, look at that last cucked message.

GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I have put 13 hours into Atomic Heart and have not seen a single nigger, tranny, or homo. GOTY right here.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

LMAO
RuTracker.org is running an ad campaign together with VK Play. About 6 hours ago, all the links to Atomic Heart torrent page began to redirect to the VK Play store with an offer to buy the game.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Oh wow, VK sales must be really shitty lol. Good luck to them with that approach cuz i'd sooner stop gamin than be forced to install VK Gay or Epic Gay Launcher.
NotAI

Post by NotAI »

The opening "interactive cinematic" in the style of Half Life 2 was really well done here.

The gameplay was okay, could be better in the open world parts of the game.

Too many puzzles. I think action games need to ditch puzzles. (They either ruin pacing or else are too easy..)
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

looks like the game was popular enough to warrant a sequel. Though the devs are currently working on a DLC.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

BASED russians censored this cartoon at the request of western censors

I had to watch it twice to figure out why it was even censored, it appears for exactly 2 seconds.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

the game looks beautiful but the MC's voice is too annoying and he never shuts up so I will not be playing it.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Emphyrio wrote: April 10th, 2023, 23:28
the game looks beautiful but the MC's voice is too annoying and he never shuts up so I will not be playing it.
If I could play with eng subs and russkie va, I would play it. Why isn't there a patch for this?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Gastrick wrote: February 27th, 2023, 20:24
I remember other indie devs getting flak for writing a pro-peace message, yet Atomic Heart can still become a vatnik favorite regardless.

Also, look at that last cucked message.

Just once I want to see them respond "I think we should kill em all. Just kill em all, this time." and fail to elaborate. Watch their dm's EXPLODE and their sales follow my sides into orbit.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Regardless of how they feel, asking someone to comment on a topic that has dissenters punished with prison is fucked up. Western libtards larping as revolutionaries pretending they'd rise up and crush putler because their governments always use the kid's gloves when dealing with them.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Kinda reminded me of the Dwarf Gekkos from Metal Gear Rising.