We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Did someone break street date? Seems like a huge amount of information is available already.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

J1M wrote: May 11th, 2023, 21:26
Did someone break street date? Seems like a huge amount of information is available already.
The entire game was leaked two weeks before release and emulator chads have already beaten the game and written reviews.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

You'd probably need a ChatGPT bot to beat the game 100% this early-on, it boggles the mind just how much nonsense they've packed into both games. The meat of the experience is fun, but then they expect you to hunt down every Korok "seed" (shit), beat every mind-numbing shrine, and on top of that do menial sidequests for random NPCs that give you scraps in return. In that regard these Zelda games are your typical open world fare. Stuff for the sake of stuff.

But if you ignore most of that and only chew the meat, it's good. Damn good.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I just watched the ending to this game. I wonder if they have it in them to maybe make Link have dialog options that are silent next time around because this game needs more world to the world building if you catch my drift.
KnightoftheWind

General Reign wrote: May 12th, 2023, 04:18
I just watched the ending to this game. I wonder if they have it in them to maybe make Link have dialog options that are silent next time around because this game needs more world to the world building if you catch my drift.
Was worried you were going to spoil something big there. For me personally, I think the open world format gets in the way of any worldbuilding. I know it's strange to say that, but I find myself thinking less about the world I'm exploring and more about reaching the next destination to do the next thing on the checklist. I try to roleplay a bit here and there, make my own mental fanfiction about Link's journey and whatnot, but that's what I'm really doing at the end of the day. There is just so much else to do that the plot just kinda gets lost in the noise. You even have to go out of your way to FIND the cutscenes. Yes, find the cutscenes within the open world.

That's what I liked about previous, more "linear" Zelda games. They got to the meat of the experience way faster, and offered more satisfying gameplay if I am to be honest. This game is great fun, the most fun I've had playing a Zelda game in years, but it has it's faults. Aside from the piss-poor performance, of course. These two games are clear signs that Nintendo is just following popular trends, they're only fortunate that it fits well within the context of Zelda.
KnightoftheWind

That's nothing, wait till' he leaves the tutorial area for the first time. Probably one of the best moments in gaming, if I'm being honest. The way the world just opens up to you all at once in this grand moment, I've never experienced anything like it. The closest I can think of is that moment when you first leave the sewers in Oblivion, but way better.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

The real question is will there be a super duper edition for Switch 2?
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

See that lily pad? You can jump on it.
KnightoftheWind

Dead wrote: May 13th, 2023, 08:45
See that lily pad? You can jump on it.
Tears of the Kingdom has 16x the detail of Breath of the Wild!.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

I liked the previous Zelda game, but the thought of playing at sub-30 fps has me hesitant to buy this one.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

It looks soulless, even has Skyrim's washed-out filter.
KnightoftheWind

maidenhaver wrote: May 13th, 2023, 22:13
It has the most soul of any open world game I've played, you can cherry pick screenshots that display the game in a bad light, but save for the snow-areas the rest of the game is plenty colorful. In fact, only Oblivion comes close to matching the sort of feel I get from playing it. Haven't played Elden Ring so I can't vouch for that.
SDG

Post by SDG »

The game is a straight up masterpiece. Even better than Elden Ring. Piss off and swan dive into a upside down running lawnmower.
SDG

Post by SDG »

KnightoftheWind wrote: May 14th, 2023, 00:29
In fact, only Oblivion comes close to matching the sort of feel I get from playing it.
Plz stop saying stuff like that. Not only do you make yourself look like a dumbass but you're most likely inadvertently making people suspect this game is shit.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

SDG wrote: May 14th, 2023, 04:47
The game is a straight up masterpiece. Even better than Elden Ring. Piss off and swan dive into a upside down running lawnmower.
I would clog the lawnmower.
KnightoftheWind

SDG wrote: May 14th, 2023, 04:52
KnightoftheWind wrote: May 14th, 2023, 00:29
In fact, only Oblivion comes close to matching the sort of feel I get from playing it.
Plz stop saying stuff like that. Not only do you make yourself look like a dumbass but you're most likely inadvertently making people suspect this game is shit.
Yes, I needed to hear that from someone who's in love with a jewess. If there's anyone who should not be allowed to express their thoughts on the internet, it's you. But let me clarify what I mean by "Oblivion comes close to matching the sort of feel I get from playing it". I am talking in terms of VISUALS. Oblivion, like these recent Zelda titles, are very colorful. Instead of muted, drab palettes that you see in games like Skyrim, Morrowind, Elden Ring, Dragon's Dogma, etc. Oblivion and Zelda make a point to use bright colors and character designs. It's something that you rarely see in this genre, which is mostly grimdark.
SDG

Post by SDG »

Don't you dare attack my goddess. Attack me instead you fucking coward.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Hylia frowns in your general direction.
SDG

Post by SDG »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 14th, 2023, 06:39
thought it was a tranny for a while tbh
She looks like a real woman, fucktard.

Like I said attack me not her.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Seriously though your avatar is ugly as fuck @SDG. She looks a little better in that gif, but she still has an ugly nose. Nasty kike. Maybe if you weren't such a disgusting alcoholic you would have better taste in women.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

The "Anti-soul gas"

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: May 15th, 2023, 02:55
The "Anti-soul gas"
It hides the obvious artifacts caused when you upscale 720p to 4k using voodoo frame generation techniques
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

all the building shit is incredibly tedious. just slows the entire game down even more.

there's very little actual REAL gameplay in the game.