The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

This is Zelda now. People just want to run around and do dumb shit.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Another product of post-modernism. People don't care about the quality of the game, it's story, or game design. To them, it's all about the stupid shit they can make. Penis robots, death stars, mockeries of the Crucifixion. It's all just some unfunny joke that gets swept aside after a week.

I bet the japs assumed that players would be more respectful, and come up with useful combinations that go beyond social media and TikTok fodder. I can only hope this result was a sobering reminder that players shouldn't be afforded too much customizability. I mean what will people look back on when they think about Tears of the Kingdom?. Will they think "Wow this game was amazing, everything about it moved me and it was such a great experience!" or "Lol I remember when I made a giant robot with a green shlong".

The game itself isn't even as good as Twilight Princess, which came out 17 years ago. I look back on that game and what it gave players and I'm thinking how far we've gone BACK since then. Granted the entire industry has gone to hell, but Nintendo has the advantage of a consistent creative team and rigid quality standards. And this is the result we get?, it's pathetic.

I'd be more interested in a Diablo clone, honestly. I think that would work great for the Zelda IP. They could knock it out of the park with a greater influence on dungeons, puzzles and a bright visual aesthetic (without the satanic imagery).
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I remember sequence breaking the dungeons in Link to the Past being so cool. Now it's Minecraft generation game design that appeals to me very little the more dumb shit I see as KnightoftheWind mentioned. People talked shit about Windwaker but If it was to be made today (not made for a shitty gamecube) it would blow people into outer space. Speaking of which I have never been so letdown when I skipped to the end and watched the boss fight in this overpriced DLC. The more people talk while Link stands there like a jackass I am bothered even more I think. It just does not fit with this modern design.

"Don't you think so Link?"
:|