Disco Elysium

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Vic

Post by Vic »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:40
Present an argument for Disco Elysium being an RPG, and discuss it.
It has all qualities of an RPG bar combat. Present an argument for DE not being RPG.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:41
Present an argument for DE not being RPG.
There is — as far as I can tell — no good definition for RPG that includes both Wizardry and Disco Elysium, therefore one must not be an RPG. As the former has been considered an RPG almost as long as computerized RPGs have existed, the latter must be the one that is not an RPG.
Vic

Post by Vic »

that's some bullshit and you know it.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:41
rusty_shackleford wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:40
Present an argument for Disco Elysium being an RPG, and discuss it.
It has all qualities of an RPG bar combat. Present an argument for DE not being RPG.
You made the claim that it is. Thus far, you have failed to prove your point. Ergo, we all must conclude that DE is not an RPG in the slightest.
Vic

Post by Vic »

MadPreacher wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:44
You made the claim that it is. Thus far, you have failed to prove your point. Ergo, we all must conclude that DE is not an RPG in the slightest.
as per US law:
A presumption of innocence means that any defendant in a criminal trial is assumed to be innocent until they have been proven guilty. As such, a prosecutor is required to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the person committed the crime if that person is to be convicted. To do so, proof must be shown for every single element of a crime.
I require proof from rusty that DE is not an RPG, or else I will report this site to the authorities for violating my rights.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Dude. Stop taking forever to leave, this is getting pathetic. It's absurd. You came here being confrontational, inquisitive and provocative from your very first post. Which is fine and dandy for me but don't be surprised when people react like they had. Talk about starting on the wrong foot.

As for this thread, by the rules you haven't been censored or moved in a low visibility board. The admin decided it's OT, I'd consider it an adventure game but that's unimportant. The important thing is the why it happened and it's not because it's YOUR thread but simply because it's a witty oneliner you posted to gauge reactions. Even fucking Andahira used to propose two different games or topics before going "discuss".

Write something meaningful regarding a game and you won't be moved. Write something funny and people will laugh. This:
Vic wrote: February 18th, 2023, 17:23
Discuss this great RPG!1
Is little more than spam, once you remove the benefit of doubt.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:51
I require proof from rusty that DE is not an RPG, or else I will report this site to the authorities for violating my rights.
You're not standing trial for a criminal offense. Therefore you entire proposition is by definition idiotic.

Vic

Post by Vic »

Ratcatcher wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:54
Write something meaningful regarding a game and you won't be moved.
it will still be moved if the admin does not agree with the classification of your game. There is no smoke without fire, this was just the first thread to get this treatment, you have been warned.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:58
it will still be moved if the admin does not agree with the classification of your game. There is no smoke without fire, this was just the first thread to get this treatment, you have been warned.
This is what we all see:

Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:58
it will still be moved if the admin does not agree with the classification of your game.
Weird because no one of my posts has ever been moved around. You think that's because me and Rusty agree on what makes a good game?

...lmao.

Try it at least. Take a step back and let this thread go, it's compromised by drama at this point. Gather your thoughts and write something interesting or thought provoking about a game or topic. Take a title you like that lacks a proper thread or just add your thoughts to some existing discussion. Believe me, no one will single out your posts for being yours, if you're in good faith and your position is legit.

You do at least agree that the topic of this thread and the presentation you've chosen is not exactly discussion-inducing?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

It's just low-effort trolling.
Sadly, there is no rule against low-effort trolling. The admin should do something about this.
:yells at clouds:
Vic

Post by Vic »

Ratcatcher wrote: February 19th, 2023, 10:13
You think that's because me and Rusty agree on what makes a good game?
who said anything about a game being good? You are completely missing the point here. The question whether DE is an RPG or not should be up for discussion, at least, and not at the whim of one person, even if, especially if, he is the admin.

Not going to bother with the rest of your cuck post.
Vic

Post by Vic »

what sickos are watching this
Dead

Post by Dead »

Ever get your posts disappeared by Infinitrope in the other forum? Ever seen other people's threads moved or disappeared in the other forum? I've never seen you cry about that so persistently. Why is that?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Dead wrote: February 19th, 2023, 10:30
Ever get your posts disappeared by Infinitrope in the other forum?
No.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

it's not an rpg.
some people call it an adventure game, but that's not fair because it doesn't have any puzzles.
some people call it a "digital gamebook," but that's not fair because it doesn't have any meaningful choices or consequences.
some people call it a visual novel, but that's not fair because it doesn't have branching paths and interweaving story elements.

it's just trash.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Weird, I don't remember bringing your dad into this but you do you. I stand my case.
Vic

Post by Vic »

krokodil wrote: February 19th, 2023, 10:41
it doesn't have any meaningful choices or consequences.
it absolutely does, did you even play the game?
you provided examples of why it isn't any of the other genres, but failed to provide an example why it isn't an rpg :lol:
Vic

Post by Vic »

Ratcatcher wrote: February 19th, 2023, 10:46
Weird, I don't remember bringing your dad into this but you do you. I stand my case.
another peak RPGHQ moment
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 11:01
another peak RPGHQ moment
No, just another Vic moment. I gave you a solution and posted in good faith. You preferred to default to childish insults and proudly stated you wouldn't bother with what I wrote.

Disgusting low IQ faggot behaviour, thin skinned and childish. You're a cuck, son of cucks and descending from line of proud cucks. Don't like it here? Stop being a faggot or gtfo. Here, I wrote the same exact message as I did before but in a language you maybe can understand.

Edit: also out of this thread, we def need better drama.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Ratcatcher wrote: February 19th, 2023, 11:09
blah blah blah I'm so butthurt how dare you blah blah blah
ok faggot
Hando

Post by Hando »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 07:26
it's not about incline but about him playing god on this forum, it is debatable whether DE is an RPG or not, I argue for it being a masterpiece, which defies classification. It is a unique game that stands on its own.

So far after joining this forum I have been:
- told to shut up
- told to go away
- my thread has been forcibly moved on a whim by the admin

Fork was right, this place is the crackwhore version of the codex that attracted all the rejects. You're a bunch of watermelon eating niggers. I'm outta here.
Shut up and go away.
Lutte
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lutte »

No one is forcing you to stay if you don't like it here, little goblin.
Vic

Post by Vic »

maybe I enjoy making little bitches like @Ratcatcher butthurt
Hando

Post by Hando »

Quite the impressive stats for someone who supposedly doesn't like the forum.
Vic

Post by Vic »

step up your game bro
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

How many times are you going to say you're leaving and then not leave, @Vic? Get the fuck out, obnoxious retard.
Vic

Post by Vic »

as long as my trolling is working to squeeze out precious butthurt I'm enjoying myself @GhostCow.

Also, I'm posting, which is added value, I'm engaging users in coversation, which is added value, and giving my feedback, which is added value.

what is the point of all these "shut up gtfo" posts?