Disco Elysium

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Vic

Disco Elysium

Post by Vic »

Discuss this great RPG!1
Konjad

Post by Konjad »

Well, I'm happy you enjoyed it.
Vic

Post by Vic »

I don't know I was told to talk about RPGs or else I'd get banned so here I am.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Played it. Beat it. Enjoyed it.
Vic

Post by Vic »

rusty is literally hitler for moving this thread out of the RPG forum.

kill yourself faggot

:waiting:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 06:27
rusty is literally hitler for moving this thread out of the RPG forum.
Yes, he is quite incline, isn't he? :salute:
Vic

Post by Vic »

it's not about incline but about him playing god on this forum, it is debatable whether DE is an RPG or not, I argue for it being a masterpiece, which defies classification. It is a unique game that stands on its own.

So far after joining this forum I have been:
- told to shut up
- told to go away
- my thread has been forcibly moved on a whim by the admin

Fork was right, this place is the crackwhore version of the codex that attracted all the rejects. You're a bunch of watermelon eating niggers. I'm outta here.
Last edited by Vic on February 19th, 2023, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 07:26
I argue for it being a masterpiece, which defines classification.
a masterpiece can often defy classification as well. why does it matter that this game is accepted by other people as an RPG?
Vic

Post by Vic »

sorry, typo.

Anyway @rusty_shackleford go play Fallout 76 with its "far superior" encounter design, faggot.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

him playing god on this forum
If you don't like it then build your own goddamn forum retard.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

No matter how many tears you shed Disco Elysium will never be an RPG
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Bully policy working as advertised so far. I'm impressed.
Lutte
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lutte »

Imagine joining RPGHQ to promote a CYOA.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Lutte wrote: February 19th, 2023, 08:07
Imagine joining RPGHQ to promote a CYOA.
Imagine letting one person decide (the site admin) what is or isn't an RPG.

Do you want to support an RPG dictatorship?

What a hypocrite:
RPGHQ's Guarantees:
RPGHQ will always allow you to share your opinions, even if — especially if — we disagree with it. It might be moved if it's off-topic, but you will be allowed to discuss it as long as it's not violating US law.
Well, who decides that its is off-topic? I think DE is RPG enough to warrant being in the RPG subforum, why move my shit around?
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:06
Imagine letting one person decide (the site admin) what is or isn't an RPG.
Imagine a retard like you arguing about what a property owner does with their property. If you hate things here then go build your own forum you feckless cunt.
Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:06
Well, who decides that its is off-topic?
The property owner. If you have a problem with this then go build your own forum.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

- my thread has been forcibly moved on a whim by the admin
It was reported for not being an RPG, which I concur with. It's a digital gamebook.
If enough people feel it's an RPG then I'll move it back, but I didn't feel like this was going to happen.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

jesus who gives a fuck. you deliberately chose to start a thread about a game that you knew would lead to arguments over what is or is not an rpg. you started this thread precisely so it would turn into the kind of thread it has turned into, low effort shit flinging. you didnt start the thread with a personal anecdote about the game, or an informative or insightful or witty criticism of the game, you started it with a retarded one liner that deliberately draws attention to the genre of the game. this is no different than the countless newfags who would start threads on the codex like "fallout 1 is actually terrible" or "planescape is a cyoa" as if criticizing those games was some daring new thing, which was always in reality a desperate attempt to get some attention and build a reputation for themselves.

you're just another disingenuous retarded fucking shit stirrer. go back to posting on the codex and theyll probably make you a moderator one day. kill yourself.
Vic

Post by Vic »

MadPreacher wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:08
Imagine a retard like you arguing about what a property owner does with their property.
enjoy being his property then, bitch
Vic

Post by Vic »

agentorange wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:17
this is no different than the countless newfags who would start threads on the codex like "fallout 1 is actually terrible"
did you dig into my codex post history?
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:20
enjoy being his property then, bitch
Imagine being so far removed reality that you can't even distinguish between a free person and a house. Did your mother shoot heroin and drink vodka when she was pregnant with you?
Vic

Post by Vic »

MadPreacher wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:23
Imagine being so far removed reality that you can't even distinguish between a free person and a house.
this is not a house but a forum for discussion about video games. why is one person's opinion more valid than anothers?
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:25
this is not a house but a forum for discussion about video games. why is one person's opinion more valid than anothers?
This is your brain as a result of drug addict mothers. Don't be the child of a drug addict mother.

Smooth brain completely misses the point that this forum is real property as is a fucking house.

Because the owner has final say you retard.

When are you going to build your own forum whore?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

damn that's cool and all, but what does this have to do with Disco Elysium?
Vic

Post by Vic »

MadPreacher wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:26
Because the owner has final say you retard.
is this not an issue? how is this different from what happened on the codex? the "rpghq gwarantee" states I can say my opinion even if the site owners disagree, well my opinion is that its an rpg, but he just says no and moves it to general gaming. no discussion, nothing.

I made this thread to test the waters and see what kind of response it would promote, and what I got is not what I would consider a free speech discussion board on video games.

enjoy your turtle zone
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:35
is this not an issue? how is this different from what happened on the codex? the "rpghq gwarantee" states I can say my opinion even if the site owners disagree, well my opinion is that its an rpg, but he just says no and moves it to general gaming. no discussion, nothing.
Present an argument for Disco Elysium being an RPG, and discuss it. This is the Disco Elysium thread, you're welcome to do so.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

is this not an issue?
No.
how is this different from what happened on the codex?
The rules are applied fairly here where they aren't over at the Kotex.
the "rpghq gwarantee" states I can say my opinion even if the site owners disagree, well my opinion is that its an rpg, but he just says no and moves it to general gaming. no discussion, nothing.
The rules also state that the owner has the sole right to determine the if it's off-topic.
It might be moved if it's off-topic, but you will be allowed to discuss it as long as it's not violating US law.
You ignored that half of the rule like the good retard you are.
I made this thread to test the waters
Yes, we know child that you made this thread to throw a temper tantrum over something so idiotic that you make a tweenage girl blush from cringe.
what I got is not what I would consider a free speech discussion board on video games.
Your thread is still here along with your entire idiotic and childish meltdown. Thus, you still have free speech. I'm sure you actually had an opinion in there somewhere right?
Last edited by MadPreacher on February 19th, 2023, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.