Disco Elysium

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Dead

Post by Dead »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 13:50
as long as my trolling is working to squeeze out precious butthurt I'm enjoying myself @GhostCow.

Also, I'm posting, which is added value, I'm engaging users in coversation, which is added value, and giving my feedback, which is added value.

what is the point of all these "shut up gtfo" posts?
Define value
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 13:50
as long as my trolling is working to squeeze out precious butthurt I'm enjoying myself @GhostCow.

Also, I'm posting, which is added value, I'm engaging users in coversation, which is added value, and giving my feedback, which is added value.

what is the point of all these "shut up gtfo" posts?
Not a single thing you've posted has added any value to this forum. You yourself admit that you are a retarded troll who is just shitting up the site. If you're going to troll at least be smart or funny. You're just retarded and obvious. Very low IQ trolling attempts.
Vic

Post by Vic »

rusty you can just go ahead and delete this pointless thread that was derailed by these retards telling me to gtfo. also fuck you for moving this out of the rpg forum, dick move and still waiting for a valid reason (there's none, just your opinion).

despite what you guys accuse me of I actually care about RPG discussion, but the noise in here is so loud that its impossible, also the admin is an autist.

cheers.
Watser
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Watser »

Cheers
Dead

Post by Dead »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 14:57
rusty you can just go ahead and delete this pointless thread that was derailed by these retards telling me to gtfo. also fuck you for moving this out of the rpg forum, dick move and still waiting for a valid reason (there's none, just your opinion).

despite what you guys accuse me of I actually care about RPG discussion, but the noise in here is so loud that its impossible, also the admin is an autist.

cheers.
Are you Jewish? Cheers.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 11:00
krokodil wrote: February 19th, 2023, 10:41
it doesn't have any meaningful choices or consequences.
it absolutely does, did you even play the game?
you provided examples of why it isn't any of the other genres, but failed to provide an example why it isn't an rpg :lol:
the 'C&C" in DE is essentially nothing but different manners of flavor text.
GothGirlSupremacy

Post by GothGirlSupremacy »

Can't wait for the day Fork (and SDG) figure out how to go to sleep in a closed garage with the car running.
asf

Post by asf »

Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:06
Lutte wrote: February 19th, 2023, 08:07
Imagine joining RPGHQ to promote a CYOA.
Imagine letting one person decide (the site admin) what is or isn't an RPG.

Do you want to support an RPG dictatorship?

What a hypocrite:
RPGHQ's Guarantees:
RPGHQ will always allow you to share your opinions, even if — especially if — we disagree with it. It might be moved if it's off-topic, but you will be allowed to discuss it as long as it's not violating US law.
Well, who decides that its is off-topic? I think DE is RPG enough to warrant being in the RPG subforum, why move my shit around?
I agree, this is quite atrocious. We all know the person deciding what is or not an RPG should be me.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Why is a visual novel like Disco Elysium so terrible, but a visual novel like the original Alter Ego so good?

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Alter_Ego_Male_1986
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

I finished DE last night. I enjoyed being racist in public- thank you commie writers.

I did not enjoy constantly changing my clothes to get stat bonuses.

As far as the ending waiting until the very end to introduce the true killer to the audience is a faux pas in the mystery genre. Hack move tbh. I was convinced that the oranje whore had to be the real killer because she was the first character introduced. I thought she was one of the mercs because of her skill in messing with the phone line and the antenna on the roof by her room. But it is realistic that after all the red herrings the killer was just a random nigger muh dicking.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Emphyrio wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 23:55
As far as the ending
I thought it was appropriate because for the entire thing you're rolling to pass dialogue checks. A reminder that just because the chances of something are below 50%, it doesn't mean it's impossible, just improbable.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

asf wrote: February 20th, 2023, 19:01
Vic wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:06
Lutte wrote: February 19th, 2023, 08:07
Imagine joining RPGHQ to promote a CYOA.
Imagine letting one person decide (the site admin) what is or isn't an RPG.

Do you want to support an RPG dictatorship?

What a hypocrite:
RPGHQ's Guarantees:
RPGHQ will always allow you to share your opinions, even if — especially if — we disagree with it. It might be moved if it's off-topic, but you will be allowed to discuss it as long as it's not violating US law.
Well, who decides that its is off-topic? I think DE is RPG enough to warrant being in the RPG subforum, why move my shit around?
I agree, this is quite atrocious. We all know the person deciding what is or not an RPG should be me.
That Vic guy's a complete idiot. One person should decide what a rpg is, because nobody can agree what a rpg is. As with every decision-making process, there's only one responsible party anyway, because the herd will never take credit for their mistakes. The group will pin all responsibility on one person, usually the straight white male, because we are big dick, all-mighty gods, so tyranny is always best. This is why the history around Julius Caesar is willfully confused, because the patricians only fear tyrants. Now, I have told you why only one man should decide what makes a RPG, and that nature, who is Truth, herself only loves a tyrant, and so we must be tyrants to know the nature of RPG.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Thinkin about knox's rules for detective fiction today and which ones DE follows and which ones it breaks

1. The criminal must be someone mentioned in the early part of the story, but must not be anyone whose thoughts the reader has been allowed to follow.
2. All supernatural or preternatural agencies are ruled out as a matter of course.
3. Not more than one secret room or passage is allowable.
4. No hitherto undiscovered poisons may be used, nor any appliance which will need a long scientific explanation at the end.
5. No Chinaman must figure in the story.
6. No accident must ever help the detective, nor must he ever have an unaccountable intuition which proves to be right.
7. The detective must not himself commit the crime.
8. The detective must not light on any clues which are not instantly produced for the inspection of the reader.
9. The stupid friend of the detective, the Watson, must not conceal any thoughts which pass through his mind; his intelligence must be slightly, but very slightly, below that of the average reader.
10. Twin brothers, and doubles generally, must not appear unless we have been duly prepared for them.

Long version
► Show Spoiler
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

Rusty has his share of faults. He's American, and by extension, possibly a Jew, probable glow in the darkie, also he bots in OSRS.
But him moving this thread to the books section of the HQ marks him as, first and foremost, a man of culture.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Saw Vic's crying and went back to the first page giving him the benefit of the doubt. The first post is just "discuss," then all the rest are just tantrums. Maybe if you wrote a few things about the game, what you liked, what worked well and didn't, added a few questions for discussion, it wouldn't have been moved.