We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Hibernaculum - Sci-Fi Survival Horror Blobber

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Hibernaculum - Sci-Fi Survival Horror Blobber

Post by Tweed »

Wormwood Studio's next big thing is about to enter Kickstarter and it's looking pretty good.
https://www.hibernaculumgame.com
WHAT IS HIBERNACULUM?
Hibernaculum is a retro inspired dungeon crawler that sets out to recreate the engrossing labyrinthine experiences of the classics of days gone by, whilst also building a modern, deeply unique & explorable world of survival, mystery and macabre intrigue.
Hibernaculum is a first person sci-fi/horror role playing game with survival horror roots.
Create a unique character to explore the depths of Hibernaculum & have the experience you want to have. Choices only matter, if they matter to you.
Non-linear gameplay allows for exploration at your own pace, and in your own fashion. Forge ahead and risk calamity or riches. Conversely, pace yourself and avoid harm.
Navigate a decayed industrial realm through environmental storytelling and a unique, brooding atmosphere.
Hibernaculum will be developed in C++ for PC (Windows) & Mac with hopes for porting to iOS & Nintendo Switch.
Hibernaculum will initially be available in English, French, German & Spanish.
Hibernaculum will be released DRM-free & available on Steam & GoG.

Only pisser is that combat is real-time
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Looks very good, and Primordia was great, so at least it has some potential.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Real-time combat might work well with the horror aspect, though I'd still prefer turn-based.
Zoner

Post by Zoner »

Tweed wrote: February 18th, 2023, 15:03
Only pisser is that combat is real-time
What kind of real-time combat, the rigged side-stepping one that is fairly popular?
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

theres other videos on the channel that give a little more sense of what combat might be like. almost looks like it will be a grid based first person shooter

reminds me of some of these older Alien Trilogy style first person shooters, post-Doom but pre-3D space becoming common in gameplay, where they were still very close to dungeon crawlers and had no vertical space

Landers78

Post by Landers78 »

This is giving me a single screen Hired Guns vibe. Consider me interested.

For reference:

Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Hauberk on March 13th, 2024, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

They already exposed him on the codex awhile ago and roasted him for it. He stopped posting.
Element

Post by Element »

I thought MRY (Yohalem) had a big falling out with Pflug last year? And their site is now saying they're each doing their own thing under the collective label of Wormwood - how does that even work