We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The retro reviews of MrEdders123

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

SIX HOURS?!?
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

The length of two Lord of the Rings movies, just to explain the history of one niche video game.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I might save his review. It actually has information on P:T I didn't know. All in one place, too. It's good.

By the way, the part where he starts depicting the lore, you can tell it's his favourite part of the whole thing. And it is mine as well. The world-building in Planescape is fucking amazing. :salute:
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

gonna buy a bot farm to mass report this retard's channel. Death is too kind for him.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

aweigh wrote: September 1st, 2023, 09:32
gonna buy a bot farm to mass report this retard's channel. Death is too kind for him.
Pretty sure you can't pirate bot farms. Eddie is safe.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

This is honestly great. I have no idea what people are bitching about.
It's only autistic if you watch it in one go.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx4WprF6 ... pq1RD8Ukse
MrEdders123

acum 12 ore

Bad news about the channel :(

Hello everyone, I'm afraid I have some bad news and will be temporarily suspending (not deleting) the channel, likely for around a year. I moved to a new apartment about while back ago due to my job, and unfortunately it's become increasingly difficult to find a good opportunity to record my videos due to the insane amount of noise (it's right next to a busy road, full of stores, with poor noise insulation). This problem has become really quite frustrating due to the difficulty of finding time to sit down and record my scripts, then having to delay beause of cars/bikes/workmen outside etc. The script I've been doing for Nox, for example, was finished, minus some adjustments from speaking to ex-devs, around two or three weeks ago, yet I've had to repeatedly delay recording it, setting aside entire days for recording, and then having to cancel due to noisiness. It's incredibly annoying to suspend plans for this, then have to stop and give up because of power tools/car horns/shouting outside, having wasted half a day for no gain.

At this point, it's just too infuriating to have to deal with, and thus I've made the decision to temporarily suspend recording any more videos until circumstances change. Although there are things I could do to reduce this issue - replacing windows, sound-proofing etc. these would all involve spending money on a place I want to move out of eventually anyway. Some of you might remember this is also one of the reasons I declined opening a patreon etc. as I don't want to be tied to something I do as a hobby. I will add a notice to the channel description that the channel is on hold.

On the upside, I'd like to clarify that for now I'll continue working on videos behind the scenes, and even if things take a long time to change, I'll have some prewritten scripts ready to go once I can start recording again. In theory, this means that once the channel returns I could start popping out videos a bit more quickly until running out of finished scripts :P.

I apologize to those of you who subscribed and have been enjoying the videos, especially those looking forward to the Nox or Myth 3 videos, but the noise issue has made working on these videos a source of stress rather than enjoyment. I think the Torment video is a good stopgap for this break hehe. I completely understand many of you will want to unsub from an apparently dead channel, but as I said, I would like to return once the noise problem is resolved. Even in the worst case scenario, wherein my job got busier or whatever, I'd still like to maintain the channel for something lighter, like maybe mod reviews, 10-minute retro reviews or something of the like :)

In the meantime, consider some of these other channels for reviews of CRPGs, adventure games and general retro content:

https://www.youtube.com/@WilliamSRD (Warhammer/Games Workshop and AD&D retrospectives)
https://www.youtube.com/@GHostLPs (comfy LP channel - old dungeon crawlers and the like)
https://www.youtube.com/@JuliaMinamata (comfy LP channel - old adventure games)
https://www.youtube.com/@MattBarton (probably needs no introduction, but does a mix of LP content and interviews with developers, usually related to CRPGs or adventure games)
https://www.youtube.com/@Indigo_Gaming (Again probably needs to introduction, but fantastically made documentary-esque videos on a variety of genres)
https://www.youtube.com/@GrimBeard (very well produced videos on a mix of adventure games, CRPGs and sometimes FPS. Got a bit self-absorbed/political for my taste and I kinda dropped it but c'est la vie)

There are a few other channels I could recommend but I don't want to turn this into a goodbye post, I'll still be alive and paying attention to comments on the channel and such! Sorry again to those disappointed by this, but as I said I hope to return once I move apartment or whatever. Those of you unsubbing, thank you so much for your time and all your comments up to now :)
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

If he wasn't so fat, he could just walk around to somewhere less noisy.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Acrux wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 20:25
If he wasn't so fat, he could just walk around to somewhere less noisy.
Man... up until he made the Planescape review, I'd be right on board with the jokes, but now that he's done real work, I can't stop feeling these comments are kind of mean. :sad:
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I didn't watch the Planescape review because I don't care about visual novels and it was 5 hours long. He needs an editor (who isn't as fat as him).
Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

Wife Scholar wrote: October 5th, 2023, 13:10
This is a lie, he never said this
What happened to the "anon" retard tick you used to have?
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Ed is now living in a diverse neighborhood. Everyone please pray for him.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

"Hurr, you should make videos again Tweed, hurr."

Me: Makes video, gets two views because it isn't five hours long.
Watser
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Watser »

I watched your videos because they aren't five hours long.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

The MrEdders blows up on youtube and gets canceled once his posting on the Codex gets exposed arc is gonna be great.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

MrEdders reviewed the tutorial part of the game over nearly three hours and left out the main game
BENEFACTOR

Post by BENEFACTOR »

These reviews suck? Can't stand listening to gay british people for more then 10 minutes.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

MrEdders123

acum 13 ore

Just to let everyone know I'm aware my Last Half of Darkness video has been blocked due to a copyright claim by [Merlin]. I'm kind of busy working on the Myth 3 video but assuming the claims are legitimate (the company in question have a history of false claims, according to a quick google search), I'll have to have a look at redoing my intro to the video some time next year. P.S. there's no way the Myth 3 video is coming out before Xmas, sorry!