We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Wuthering Waves - a post apoc Genshin Impact clone

For RPGs that require a persistently online connection.
Yankee Zulu

Wuthering Waves - a post apoc Genshin Impact clone

Post by Yankee Zulu »

Im gonna shill for this Chinese gacha yes I am.
https://wutheringwaves.kurogames.com/m/en/

Its coming out at the end of May on PC and mobile. Built on UE4 afaik. You can preregister now. It already has a shitload of preregs.

Tags:
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

the graphics look amazing, i'll give them that
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

You don't like King Arthur: Knight's Tale, but you're promoting this? :notsureif:
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Seems like this game has roughly the same target demographic as Zenless Zone Zero. I'm a bit interested to see how well they do compared to Mihoyo.

Because Christ above, Mihoyo now has a gacha game for a quasi-medival fantasy setting, sci-fi in space and their upcoming game is also a post-apocalyptic urban fantasy.
Yankee Zulu

Post by Yankee Zulu »

Stop being such pretentious cunts. At least this game won't be the usual gay ass shit the West spits out nowadays. There won't be any gays, dykes and trannies. 100%. And yes Genshin doesn't have any either. Neither does Honkai. The gay shit in those games are mental fantasies of the western kiddos.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Yankee Zulu wrote: May 9th, 2024, 19:50
Stop being such pretentious cunts. At least this game won't be the usual gay ass shit the West spits out nowadays. There won't be any gays, dykes and trannies. 100%. And yes Genshin doesn't have any either. Neither does Honkai. The gay shit in those games are mental fantasies of the western kiddos.
Star Rail has "gender" questions stuffed in the surveys, and if you play through to the Hexanexus puzzles, they will ask you your "gender" (unskippable) and one of the options is "I don't identify with either bla bla bla" nonsense. It also has MANY "they them", though it is clear they forcefully put it in because it is inconsistent with official materials, cinematics and other things (one glaring example is Pom Pom, who it's an "it" something, or "he", instead they make it their mission to make it confusing and call it "them").

Genshin Impact has translation issues all over the place on a lot of things, but for "gender" bulshit, that I noticed, it only has one dialogue where a character says, in the original Chinese, that they made a law to refer to a certain monster/creature (Melusines) as females instead of as monsters or pets (like with "it") out of simply stating a fact that they are citizens now that they made themselves useful to the population and are not things or monsters. The translation doesn't have any of that and it just says that you are REQUIRED BY LAW to refer to them with "she/her pronouns instead of---", making it painfully obvious they were just itching to put that slash and "pronouns" bulshit there, skipping over the meaning behind that decision and reducing it to being only meaningful for word policing.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Stop
Yankee Zulu

Post by Yankee Zulu »

Like I said anything 'gender' related is the work of english localizers and has nothing to do with Chinese version. In english Genshin Impact Paimon refers to herself as Paimon. In Chinese version she says 'I'. Chinese are fucking around with westerners. I happen to browse their hoyoverse app from time to time abd jesus fucking christ its filled with gay shit. Kiddos discussing who is gay, lesbian or tranny. Posting lgbt cosplay shit and whatnot. Chinese are laughing.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

i agree with everything you said. problem is i DID play genshin impact and i thought it was terrible. if the gameplay in this one is better then i'm all for it. no one here hates Western crap more than me. I coined the term "westerncucks", which yes only I use, but it is coined.
Last edited by aweigh on May 9th, 2024, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

I find it sad that rather than China pouring their money into making more, high production value fantasy games with China's unique fantasy aesthetic like Perfect World, they are instead making watered down imitations of Japanese anime games, and China's doesn't look anywhere near as good as Granblue Fantasy or even Trails.

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Stop being such pretentious cunts. At least this game won't be the usual gay ass shit the West spits out nowadays.
Consoom chink mobile game moeblob slop to pwn the libs?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

China's contributions to gaming will be strictly limited to making fake mobile game ads real, end of discussion

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

aweigh wrote: May 9th, 2024, 18:44
the graphics look amazing, i'll give them that
The fact chinese made art looks indistinguishable from AI further proves they are soulless bug people who can only imitate not create.
Last edited by Vergil on May 9th, 2024, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Yankee Zulu

Post by Yankee Zulu »

Oh look, americans, those dirty chinks got you again.

But really, its for your own good. Sucking dicks is not healthy. You need to be mentally treated.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Not playing your gookslop gambling skinnerbox to own the amerisharts sorry Chang.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

@rusty_shackleford Can you confirm or deny that RPGHQ is monitored by the CCP or otherwise participates in the social credit score system?

More on topic do you have anything to say about why this gambling platform game might be good besides idpol?
Last edited by Vergil on May 18th, 2024, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Yankee Zulu

Post by Yankee Zulu »

I see no point in explaining anything to you. Your mind is made up already.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: May 9th, 2024, 21:18
I find it sad that rather than China pouring their money into making more, high production value fantasy games with China's unique fantasy aesthetic like Perfect World, they are instead making watered down imitations of Japanese anime games, and China's doesn't look anywhere near as good as Granblue Fantasy or even Trails.

I'm not sure why you spammed these images, but I can generate AI images 3000% better than this garbage.