We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I'm convinced that the reason VTMB combat has the reputation it does is mainstream discussion of the game being controlled by the kind of trannies who hate all combat and think "RPG" means "open world game where you talk to people".
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

logincrash wrote: March 1st, 2024, 22:44

made me remember my brief but potently embarrassing goth/vampirefag phase in high school.
vampirefags were real???
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 03:15
I'm convinced that the reason VTMB combat has the reputation it does is mainstream discussion of the game being controlled by the kind of trannies who hate all combat and think "RPG" means "open world game where you talk to people".
The worst parts of the game are the tedious combat sections. Of course there's the sewers but then there's the ending where you have to go through the Society of Leopold and then the Sabbat hotel and then Ming's temple and then LaCroix's building.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Roguey wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 10:59
Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 03:15
The worst parts of the game are the tedious combat sections. Of course there's the sewers but then there's the ending where you have to go through the Society of Leopold and then the Sabbat hotel and then Ming's temple and then LaCroix's building.
The combat sections were all fun and I despised that the clan quest mod trannies removed the Sabbat hotel.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 02:28
For years and years I would see people say that guns weren't good in VTMB and for my first playthrough I played as a Toreador exclusively using guns and it was extremely fun.
My first playthrough was as a Ventrue in a leather coat with a katana using Fortitude to tank all the damage. I guess I was more tolerant of clunky combat 20 (holy shit, time flies) years ago.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

logincrash wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 11:12
Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 02:28
For years and years I would see people say that guns weren't good in VTMB and for my first playthrough I played as a Toreador exclusively using guns and it was extremely fun.
I guess I was more tolerant of clunky combat 20 (holy shit, time flies) years ago.

SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Rand wrote: February 10th, 2024, 18:42
What the fuck did they do to Damsel?
Why is the french dyke clown larping as vampire?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I wonder if the commie cunt will even be in the release version of the game considering that "trailer" (why the fuck is there a trailer that's just announcing a character will be in the game?) is 3 years old now.
Also holy fuck that looks awful. Looks like a 360 game.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 19:26
I wonder if the commie cunt will even be in the release version of the game considering that "trailer" (why the fuck is there a trailer that's just announcing a character will be in the game?) is 3 years old now.
Also holy fuck that looks awful. Looks like a 360 game.
The re-announcement wiped the slate clean, nothing about the cancelled version of the game applies by default. They might use her simply because the character model already exists, they might not.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Considering the main protagonist is a dyke why would they refrain from reusing a commie dyke
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Anon wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 20:36
Considering the main protagonist is a dyke why would they refrain from reusing a commie dyke
Huh? I thought the protagonist was the usual build-your-own-character affair?

I mean if it's still first person I dont care either way because there are only so many nails that fit in this coffin but...
Anon

Post by Anon »

SoLong wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 21:48

I mean if it's still first person I dont care either way because there are only so many nails that fit in this coffin but...
No it isn't, you'll get to be Phyre, using the models shown here so far.

It's first person but third person in dialogues, so you'll get to see her a lot.

Supposedly there'll be a male Phyre though (whose model hasn't been shown yet AFAIK), and there are talks about some customization of Phyre's appearance but nothing confirmed, for now the safest is to presuppose that yes you'll only play dyke Phyre or a (potentially) fag Phyre.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Anon wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 21:50
SoLong wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 21:48

No it isn't, you'll get to be Phyre, using the models shown here so far.

It's first person but third person in dialogues, so you'll get to see her a lot.

Supposedly there'll be a male Phyre though (whose model hasn't been shown yet AFAIK), and there are talks about some customization of Phyre's appearance but nothing confirmed, for now the safest is to presuppose that yes you'll only play dyke Phyre or a (potentially) fag Phyre.
Honestly I hope they don't have a character creator then. That way the game will crash and burn because even today's consoomers don't like playing someone else's fantasy.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Clan Highlight: Brujah

Rebels, The Learned Clan, Rabble, Hellenes.

The Brujah are known for their impetuous tempers and defiant natures, and the clan contains some of the most violent vampires. Visionaries and brutes both, the Brujah have fallen from their stature as the Learned Clan to a motley lineage of radicals, troublemakers, and firebrands — all as much at odds with each other as with the systems they claim to oppose.

Playing a Brujah in Bloodlines 2

If you’re a player who leaves the shadows to the cowards, knows the frontline is where the fun is, and rebels against the establishment, Brujah is your clan.

In Bloodlines 2, Clan Brujah will offer a brutal brawling playstyle with its abilities (in Vampire: The Masquerade, known as Disciplines), getting you into the fray and rewarding you for staying there. The Brujah control the dance of combat by making enemies drop their defenses, knock them around on the battlefield and increase their damage by feeding for powerful finishing strikes.

In social environments, the Brujah are often expected to have a short temper. In Bloodlines 2, certain characters you meet may treat you differently depending on your clan, and while clans have access to angry, violent or threatening dialogue options, throughout Bloodlines 2 you will find unique dialogue sequences for the Brujah. And if you play against the archetypes, characters in-the-know will react.

As a predator of the night, hunting for blood is always a challenge, but the Brujah can often rely on their ability to influence pedestrians’ rage to make them chase you into an empty alley and have a midnight snack.

Abilities​

When you choose your clan, you will start out with a passive ability unique to each clan. You are then able to unlock abilities from the Ability Tree, starting with your chosen clan. Each ability requires spending Ability Points to unlock, which are earned from completing missions, combat and exploration. At the peak of the Ability Tree, you can unlock the clan Perk, a reward to those dedicated enough to unlock all of the abilities for a clan, giving a permanent passive upgrade.

Brutality
Clan Passive

After feeding, become flushed with vampiric strength, temporarily increasing the power of all your melee attacks.​

Taunt​

Use your supernatural Presence to enrage an opponent or civilian prey, compelling them to attack you. While enraged, the target takes increased damage.

Charge​

Surge forward with preternatural speed and rage, grabbing an enemy you collide with to use as a battering ram to knock down others in your path.

Lightning Strikes​

Target multiple opponents and unleash an unstoppable hail of punches, with the final strike dealing increased damage.

Earthshock​

Slam the ground with explosive force, flinging surrounding enemies into the air.

Pulverise​

Clan Perk

Killing enemies without feeding still activates your Clan Passive.​

Customizing your playstyle​

In Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, you can play your character in different ways. Brujah are a more brawler type, and the abilities are focused around supporting that. We wanted to make sure that this is not an ability optimization game where you need to go through a multitude of abilities and weigh them against each other. Playing a clan should be straight forward if you want it to be.

While this is true, you can also dive deeper into the customization of your playstyle. This is done by visiting important Seattle vampires that are sworn to assist the Sheriff (you) including offering their Blood to help unlock abilities from their clan. Abilities from other clans may cost more AP depending on how well they align with your clans Disciplines. The Brujah Disciplines are Celerity (speed enhancing abilities) Potence (strength enhancing abilities) and Presence (the supernatural ability to attract, awe, or terrify)) so if another clan has a speed enhancing ability it would cost less AP to unlock than an ability for a Discipline Brujah don’t have, such as becoming stealthier which is part of the Obfuscate Discipline. Unlocking additional Clan Perks will make them stack, so you can collect them all if you wish, elevating your power much closer to elder level.

Image: Ability tree for Brujah. All clan abilities and the clan perk are unlocked. An ability from Banu Haqim has been equipped. Each clan has hundreds of different ability combinations.

While the activated abilities and Clan Perk can be learned from the other clans, your clan passive can not. This means that you can combine features from other clans in hundreds of different ways, but your Brujah playthrough will remain unique from playing as another clan who branches into Brujah abilities.

Anon

Post by Anon »

This should've been the protagonist, not Phyre

Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

These two images perfectly sum up everything I feel about this disgrace
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Not joking, I thought this was them revealing male Phyre for half a second
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on March 7th, 2024, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I'll give them this, they perfectly captured that ftm "trying hard to look tough and manly but only succeeding in looking like a 13 year old boy" look for Phfyirere.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

The_Mask wrote: March 7th, 2024, 22:40
Lightning Strikes​

Target multiple opponents and unleash an unstoppable hail of punches, with the final strike dealing increased damage.

Her head is where her tits are at. Paradox definitely knowing what a woman is, amirite?
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Anon wrote: March 7th, 2024, 22:50
This should've been the protagonist, not Phyre

This game already exists
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

That game is like finding a product made in 2001 in a time capsule. It is better than it was marketed as. There are stealth elements and the "punishment" for failure is to turn into a werewolf and wreck the place instead.

When this Bloodlines 2 thing is done people will agree that Earthblood was more faithful to the source material and had better gameplay.
Last edited by J1M on March 8th, 2024, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Apparently you won't be able to customize Phyre

So yeah this game will be a hard pass for me. I'm not playing a zoomer-haired dyke ever. I put my hope in moddingfags but I'm not sure whether this game will be modding-worth.

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Anon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:25

So yeah this game will be a hard pass for me. I'm not playing a zoomer-haired dyke ever. I put my hope in moddingfags but I'm not sure whether this game will be modding-worth.

Can't imagine why they're so set on the most criticized aspect of the game. Is it a mocap thing?
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:27

Can't imagine why they're so set on the most criticized aspect of the game. Is it a mocap thing?
I've heard developers prefer short-haired dykes because 1- appeases woke crowd 2- prevents clipping issues (hair/cloaks love clipping through body)
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Anon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:28
Oyster Sauce wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:27

I've heard developers prefer short-haired dykes because 1- appeases woke crowd 2- prevents clipping issues (hair/cloaks love clipping through body)
Twilight Vampire Lady has multiple hairstyles that are above the shoulders and they all look better than Phyre's mannish haircut

Anon

Post by Anon »

Yes it's pretty clear that they adopted that zoomer haircut because they want an ugly female protagonist to appease the wokies.