We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

DagothGeas5 wrote: February 1st, 2024, 01:33
I remember how interested I was the first time I heard they were making a sequel to one of my favourite games
You gotta learn to fight this impulse.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I remember how interested I was the first time I heard they were making a sequel to one of my favourite games. I cannot stand to even see this atrocity written in text now. If it manages to release, I hope it gets run into the ground with reviews and word of mouth, and if it is moddable, I look forward to "journalists" crying that people are playing their game the way they want to play it, though I doubt any mod can save this thing.
No idea how good they are, but I believe there's a couple total conversion mods for VTMB.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2600/dis ... 042994465/
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Vergil wrote: February 1st, 2024, 01:54
I remember how interested I was the first time I heard they were making a sequel to one of my favourite games
You gotta learn to fight this impulse.
Thank you, but truly, do not worry. I don't give two shits about anything they make these days. I was interested until I learned more about it, it was back in the "good old days" where I was still in the dark about how shit things have gotten. Baldur's Gate 3 made sure I don't trust anything in the "entertainment" (I hate that word) industry ever again. I just read a news that there is something going on for Death Stranding, for example, I don't want to hear anything about it until the game is out and I know it's not infested, no matter who makes it. (I also would not call it an impulse. I know some people DO have something like this, for Marvel movies for example, but for me it always had the same strength as if I heard a knock on the door that I did not expect: mild curiosity and fascination).
rusty_shackleford wrote: February 1st, 2024, 03:58
I remember how interested I was the first time I heard they were making a sequel to one of my favourite games. I cannot stand to even see this atrocity written in text now. If it manages to release, I hope it gets run into the ground with reviews and word of mouth, and if it is moddable, I look forward to "journalists" crying that people are playing their game the way they want to play it, though I doubt any mod can save this thing.
No idea how good they are, but I believe there's a couple total conversion mods for VTMB.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/2600/dis ... 042994465/
I have bad memories with Masquerade and mods when I was forced, to have an uncut content experience, to also have strange UI and other non-optional changes forced into my game by a mod that claimed to, to my memory, be fully customizable. I will save the link though, I am more experienced in browsing files now that I might actually be able to remove such changes if I find them. Thank you for sharing!
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on February 1st, 2024, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

DagothGeas5 wrote: February 1st, 2024, 04:18
I have bad memories with Masquerade and mods when I was forced, to have an uncut content experience, to also have strange UI and other non-optional changes forced into my game by a mod that claimed to, to my memory, be fully customizable. I will save the link though, I am more experienced in browsing files now that I might actually be able to remove such changes if I find them. Thank you for sharing!
If you're referring to the unofficial patch that made a bunch of changes, he offers it in two versions now. One of them has Wesp changes, the other is just fixes.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

>he fell for the unofficial patch plus meme
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Also avoid the clan quests mod biggest piece of shit I've ever seen mass recommended to people. A bunch of really awful side quests that don't mesh into the actual game at all, adding a literal tranny love interest, and then a God awful boring segment that totally sucker fucks the pacing 2/3rds of the way through the game.
Last edited by Vergil on February 1st, 2024, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vergil wrote: February 1st, 2024, 04:19
>he fell for the unofficial patch plus meme
Back in Ye Olde Dark Ages, that was the only unofficial patch. He split it out into Plus after being yelled at enough times. Acknowledging you have modder's megalomania is far more than most modders will ever do.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 1st, 2024, 04:22
Acknowledging you have modder's megalomania is far more than most modders will ever do.
Modders need to be oppressed and ego checked at all times (and that includes the ones here :twisted: )
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Vergil wrote: February 1st, 2024, 04:23
rusty_shackleford wrote: February 1st, 2024, 04:22
Acknowledging you have modder's megalomania is far more than most modders will ever do.
Modders need to be oppressed and ego checked at all times (and that includes the ones here :twisted: )
modders also need to learn basic English, like what the word "patch" means
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

► Show Spoiler
What is that? I did not there was a meme for it as well XD In case it adds, I tried everything to not install it because I did not want many of the "fixes" they forced, but in the end I had no choice but try and live with it.
► Show Spoiler
Thank you for letting me know! <3
► Show Spoiler
100% on this. Modders I had the displeasure to speak with always end up being poisonous bitches, making Discord comunities where they act as if they are gods on earth for making textures and all the worst one can think of. Truly hope this place will never see the likes of them, they are insidious and love to make people suffer when they feel vindictive.

EDIT: I like to keep context, but the walls of text are getting out of hand (truly sorry for this, I am fumbling with all these buttons XD )
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on February 1st, 2024, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Most will scrub their mod from the web rather than admit the oblivion gates are tacky and add nothing.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I wonder by how much people would complain less if Phyre was a white hottie with boobs. Devs severely underestimate how people is willing to overlook things by playing as a hot girl, and insist with these atrocious design choices.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Vergil wrote: February 1st, 2024, 04:21
Also avoid the clan quests mod biggest piece of shit I've ever seen mass recommended to people. A bunch of really awful side quests that don't mesh into the actual game at all, adding a literal tranny love interest, and then a God awful boring segment that totally sucker fucks the pacing 2/3rds of the way through the game.
Any mods that add content tends to be total crap. Turns out people competent at programming tend to be completely crap at writing.
Last edited by Anon on February 2nd, 2024, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Anon wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 00:39
I wonder by how much people would complain less if Phyre was a white hottie with boobs.
Like...

this?

I imagine people would complain way less. :Inspector:
Anon

Post by Anon »

Irenaeus wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 00:48
Anon wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 00:39
I wonder by how much people would complain less if Phyre was a white hottie with boobs.
Like...

this?

I imagine people would complain way less. :Inspector:
They indeed did, VTMB1 was a total buggy mess at release, the good game you see today is mostly because of Wesp's work. And that's partially because Troika knew how to make women right (most of the female models for main character clans were pretty ugly though, only ventrue and malkavian were salvageable IMO, none as atrocious as Phyre though, for granted)
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I don't like Jeanette either and am glad she isn't as important of a character as the box art implies. People who drool over her are the same kind of wiggas that would end up being drained and tossed in a dumpster for falling for the coombait.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

The Tremere chick was ok. Brujah, Gangrel chicks looking bad were fine by me, but I can see an angle of making them hotter for even more fetish fuel.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I wouldn't want any of the vtmb1 girls for my life obviously, they're manipulative, crazy, authoritative and of course evil. But that's what VTMB1 is all about and nailing that feeling overall is part of what made their game a classic to this day.

As for design, Jeanette is obviously an attractive hottie though

Tremere chick is awful dude. But alright, agree to disagree
Last edited by Anon on February 2nd, 2024, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Anon wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 00:59
awful? I def would.
Forgot to mention the Toreador girl who is also ok (should grow her hair imo) :)
Anon

Post by Anon »

Irenaeus wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 01:04
Anon wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 00:59
awful? I def would.
Forgot to mention the Toreador girl who is also ok (should grow her hair imo) :)
Oh I misremembered. Yeah Tremere girl is also acceptable, you're right. I don't find her hot but she's pleasing to look at.

Toreador isn't okay at all though. Maybe if she grew her hair she would be more okay indeed (like Phyre also maybe would if she had a normal long hair and some boobs like a normal girl)
Last edited by Anon on February 2nd, 2024, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Toreador girl isn't helped by her total lack of fashion sense, ironically.
Last edited by Irenaeus on February 2nd, 2024, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
Element

Post by Element »

Roguey wrote: January 31st, 2024, 02:51

Gameplay reveal 13 hours from now.
No no no no all I had to do was keep my head down for a few more nights!
(Your galaxy brain firing on all cylinders) He's hiding something.
Tell me, what rumours have you heard about me?
That you were there in Cairo, that they called you the slayer
I have been many things to many people, and what will I be to you and to this lonely forgotten warehouse (looks around the room for some reason)
Exactly what he'd said you'd be, I guess that makes it easier
Makes what easier?
What happens next (some sort of feral soyrage mode)

It's hard to even comprehend the gulf in the quality of writing between this and Bloodlines. This is written by an NPC, somebody who knows how to string the words together, but has no inkling of their meaning, gaslighting the player into wondering if he's not catching on.
jeetGPT, the game.
Last edited by Element on February 2nd, 2024, 11:21, edited 2 times in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Element wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 10:56
This is written by an NPC, somebody who knows how to string the words together, but has no inkling of their meaning, gaslighting the player into wondering if he's not catching on.
jeetGPT, the game.
That's just Pinchbeck's PhD writing style.

Havitner

Post by Havitner »

WaterMage wrote: January 31st, 2024, 23:29
brujah elder with little to no muscle mass
In copeness, vampires will always look the way they did when they died, IIRC. Even a haircut will revert when you take your daytime coffin nap.
That said, I guess a brujah would be more likely to turn a swole guy in the first place, and making him buff would suit the clan's aesthetic regardless of what's technically possible in canon.
Element

Post by Element »

Roguey wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 11:42
Element wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 10:56
This is written by an NPC, somebody who knows how to string the words together, but has no inkling of their meaning, gaslighting the player into wondering if he's not catching on.
jeetGPT, the game.
That's just Pinchbeck's PhD writing style.

Director of Dear Esther and Machine for Pigs :smug:
With a track record like that..
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Vergil wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 00:54
I don't like Jeanette either and am glad she isn't as important of a character as the box art implies. People who drool over her are the same kind of wiggas that would end up being drained and tossed in a dumpster for falling for the coombait.
i bet Ash Rivers is your fav bloodlines waifu. he so handsome and his sad emo chad hitting hard right?
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

If some wants a rpgmaker vampire games there is the vampire dawns series with 3 games. First game is probably 20 years old by now 1 and 2 should be free.
Last edited by Vaako on February 2nd, 2024, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.