We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

I have a question.

If the dyke protagonist is an ancient armenian, why does she have short hair? You'd think someone born fucking centuries ago would have a more traditional view of themselves.

I'm not going to play this in any event because first person games that aren't called Metroid Prime make me vomit but this part really, really annoys me.

Also, is anyone taking bets that the voice in protag's head will be a gay guy?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

SoLong wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 18:35
I have a question.

If the dyke protagonist is an ancient armenian, why does she have short hair? You'd think someone born fucking centuries ago would have a more traditional view of themselves.

I'm not going to play this in any event because first person games that aren't called Metroid Prime make me vomit but this part really, really annoys me.

She's not Armenian.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:27
Can't imagine why they're so set on the most criticized aspect of the game. Is it a mocap thing?
It's only natural for retards to double down on their bad decisions and I'm almost certain they are getting constant pressure from the higher ups to get this fucking turd out the door so it can stop hemorrhaging money. No time to make revisions now they've already scraped at least one entire game lmao.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Vergil wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 18:37
Can't imagine why they're so set on the most criticized aspect of the game. Is it a mocap thing?
It's only natural for retards to double down on their bad decisions and I'm almost certain they are getting constant pressure from the higher ups to get this fucking turd out the door so it can stop hemorrhaging money. No time to make revisions now they've already scraped at least one entire game lmao.
Agreed. At this stage (and the state of gaming in general) I think this is about PR and the company trying desperately to shed dead weight.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I have a question.

It was also extensively asked in reddit, truth is there is no answer to that and the stablished opinion is that the devs are morons that don't understand the setting and are making overall arbitrary decisions.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

SoLong wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 18:50
Agreed. At this stage (and the state of gaming in general) I think this is about PR and the company trying desperately to shed dead weight.
Ironically, when the game is an obvious dud, the employees are incentivized to work slower since release equals layoffs.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

The real tragedy here is that they went out of their way to make xim an ancient mystery meat shitskin and will proceed to do absolutely nothing with said background. Xir will talk and behave like any other stereotypical liberal urbanite cockroach.
to get this fucking turd out the door so it can stop hemorrhaging money
Paradox should have just canceled the project when the first merry band of leftist retards shat the bad.

If they were smart they'd just kill White Wolf as a whole and bury the carcass someplace deep.
Last edited by gerey on March 22nd, 2024, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

gerey wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:00
The real tragedy here is that they went out of their way to make xim an ancient mystery meat shitskin and will proceed to do absolutely nothing with said background. Xir will talk and behave like any other stereotypical liberal urbanite cockroach.
to get this fucking turd out the door so it can stop hemorrhaging money
Paradox should have just canceled the project when the first merry band of leftist retards shat the bad.

If they were smart they'd just kill White Wolf as a whole and bury the carcass someplace deep.
It gets worse than that, she'll have apparently a being hosted in her head (unclear whether it's diablerized or anything like that) teaching her about the modern world and giving her tips and serving as general annoyance every single moment.

Agreed that project should've been just cancelled. I don't see how releasing a failed slop will help with anything.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

gerey wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:00
I think paradox is publicly traded now aren't they? They probably have investors who aren't going to accept a flat out cancellation after so much has been put into it and will demand they do something to make up for this massive fuck up.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Vergil wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:15
They probably have investors who aren't going to accept a flat out cancellation after so much has been put into it and will demand they do something to make up for this massive fuck up.
Fair point.

As a counter-argument, the damage this very public dud will do to the VtM brand and Paradox as a whole is not going to be negligible, what with Bloodlines 1 being a beloved cult classic.

To say nothing of all the money Paradox has wasted by doubling down on a project that was already a failure. I don't think the sales are ever going to make up for the money invested in the restart, let alone how much money has been wasted on the first attempt.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

gerey wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:54
They probably have investors who aren't going to accept a flat out cancellation after so much has been put into it and will demand they do something to make up for this massive fuck up.
Fair point.

As a counter-argument, the damage this very public dud will do to the VtM brand and Paradox as a whole is not going to be negligible, what with Bloodlines 1 being a beloved cult classic.

To say nothing of all the money Paradox has wasted by doubling down on a project that was already a failure. I don't think the sales are ever going to make up for the money invested in the restart, let alone how much money has been wasted on the first attempt.
Hey I never said they were smart or making the right move :lol:
I don't think they plan on making their money back I think they're just trying to lower how big the loss is.
Last edited by Vergil on March 22nd, 2024, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

gerey wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:54
Fair point.

Investors don't give a fuck, if an enterprise starts getting damage they'll just sell their stocks and go leech somewhere else.

Unless it's a business "too big to fail" that'd leave a lot of powerful people broke then they'll inject even more fictitious money to keep it profiting despite inumerous failures like Disney.
Last edited by Anon on March 22nd, 2024, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Asked Chat GPT to design me a cool protagonist for a sequel to V:T:M:B and in 1 second it gave me a sweet cyberpunk fledgling who's at a disadvantage against older vampires physically and magically, but has the edge when it comes to technology, hacking, cybernetics etc. I'd play it.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 00:20
Asked Chat GPT to design me a cool protagonist for a sequel to V:T:M:B and in 1 second it gave me a sweet cyberpunk fledgling who's at a disadvantage against older vampires physically and magically, but has the edge when it comes to technology, hacking, cybernetics etc. I'd play it.
Chatgpt being a better writer than woke slop devs, what a surprise
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

Man, this game looks like fucking trash.
I really want it to get cancelled, but at the same time, I want to see JUST how bad it'll get lol
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

I think Chink Room will deliver on that. Expect a dumpsterphyre of epic proportions and lots of meme material.

It's funny how instead of learning from the mistakes of the scrapped predecessor, Both Paradox and Chinese room are aiming to make garbage even further removed from what fans wanted Bloodlines 2 to be.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Clan Highlight

The Clan of the Hunt, Assassins, Children of Haqim, Saracens, Mediators, Lawmen

Cursed with a thirst for the Blood of other vampires, the Banu Haqim stalk the night as judges and lawbringers. To this end, most Banu Haqim adhere to a strict code of conduct - derived from law, faith, or personal ethics - sating their Hunger on those that breach these convictions.

Playing a Banu Haqim in Bloodlines 2

Banu Haqim takes the role of a strategic stalker, using shadows to their advantage.

You are a predator on a hunt, and your discipline powers focus on stalking, assassination, and silently moving faster than your foes can track. These skills are great assets when stalking the city for prey.

Abilities

When you choose your clan, you will start out with a passive ability unique to each clan. You are then able to unlock abilities from the Ability Tree, starting with your chosen clan. Each ability requires spending Ability Points (AP) to unlock which are earned from completing missions, combat and exploration. At the peak of the Ability Tree, you can unlock the clan Perk, a reward to those dedicated enough to unlock all of the abilities for a clan, giving a permanent passive upgrade.

Silence of Death
Clan Passive: All your actions become entirely silent for a period after feeding.

Mute
Silence an enemy/civilian. Any sounds they produce, from screams to gunfire, are completely undetectable to others.

Split Second
Move so fast that time appears to stop around you.

Bladed Hand
Slash swiftly in front of you, beheading mortal opponents.

Unseen Aura
Become temporarily invisible to enemies and civilians. Note: You can still be heard unless combined with Silence of Death.

Prowl
Clan Perk: Can remain crouched whilst sprinting.

ABILITIES

Image Image
Image Image

Customizing your playstyle

There are many different ways to play your character in Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. The clan Banu Haqim focus on a stalking based playstyle to take out your enemies one by one, and the clan abilities are built to empower that. As we want to make sure this is not a game where you are required to optimize your abilities to the extreme, we’ve focused on making the base playstyles easy and straightforward. But for the players who want their experience to be a bit deeper and more customizable, you will be able to do so. By visiting important vampires who are sworn to assist the Sheriff (you), you can unlock abilities from their clan by drinking a bit of their blood.

Abilities from other clans may cost more AP depending on how well they align with your clans Disciplines. The Banu Haqim Disciplines are Celerity (speed enhancing abilities), Blood Sorcery (the ability to control blood with your arcane knowledge) and Obfuscate (abilities to easily hide, move without being noticed, and cast illusions.). If a Banu Haqim wishes to unlock a Blood Sorcery ability from another clan, it would cost less AP to unlock than an ability for a Discipline Banu Haqim don’t have. Those who unlock all abilities from a clan and get the Clan Perk, are able to stack them and have the effects of them all, elevating your power.

The activated abilities and Clan Perk can be learned from the other clans, but the clan passive can not. Because of this, you combine the clan powers in hundreds of different ways, but a Banu Haqim playthrough will remain its own gameplay experience.

Image: Ability tree for Banu Haqim with all clan abilities and the clan perk are unlocked. An ability from the Tremere tree has been equipped instead of Split Second.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

The_Mask wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 20:46
the Banu Haqim stalk the night as judges and lawbringers. To this end, most Banu Haqim adhere to a strict code of conduct - derived from law, faith, or personal ethics - sating their Hunger on those that breach these convictions.

POo' In Lou' Clan

This clan focuses on leaving discreet surprises for their enemies on the side of the street.
Last edited by Shillitron on May 3rd, 2024, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

can't be a bald gigachad vamp like Mannfred von Carstein

why even bother

gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

the Banu Haqim stalk the night as judges and lawbringers
Get ready boys, honor killings are on the menu!
The activated abilities and Clan Perk can be learned from the other clans, but the clan passive can not
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, they're saying that all vampires have access to (nearly) all abilities. I assume Clans will be little more than window dressing, if they even bother with unique responses or quests.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Anon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:25
Apparently you won't be able to customize Phyre

So yeah this game will be a hard pass for me. I'm not playing a zoomer-haired dyke ever. I put my hope in moddingfags but I'm not sure whether this game will be modding-worth.

mocap has nothing fucking to do with hair or even properly adjusted and limited face morph sliders, not to mention fucking applied textures on model
they are gutting this turd to bare minimum, and then gut some more kukpunk77 style
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 8th, 2024, 00:13
brown brown brown brown brown

pajeet or worse mexican transboy. its explains fixed hair, they dont want u fuck with intended character they want u to gayplay
Last edited by Red7 on May 3rd, 2024, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Red7 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 19:20
pajeet or worse mexican transboy. its explains fixed hair, they dont want u fuck with intended character they want u to gayplay
w-w-we get to .. customize our characters appearance.. r-r-right?

"You get to pick your pronoun and clan"
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

gerey wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 06:47
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, they're saying that all vampires have access to (nearly) all abilities. I assume Clans will be little more than window dressing, if they even bother with unique responses or quests.
They'll probably handwave it by pointing out that as an ancient vamp you have enough power to actually learn all of that. If I remember correctly this setting restricts powers to specific vampire generations, meaning that two vamps of equal age aren't neccessarily equally able to use abilities if one is the other's grand-nephew or something to that effect.

It's a bullshit reason and basically the equivalent of letting a wizard in DnD learn everything the sorcerer and warlocks can do but, well, this game looks like a mess so I'm not surprised.