We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

I have a question.

If the dyke protagonist is an ancient armenian, why does she have short hair? You'd think someone born fucking centuries ago would have a more traditional view of themselves.

I'm not going to play this in any event because first person games that aren't called Metroid Prime make me vomit but this part really, really annoys me.

Also, is anyone taking bets that the voice in protag's head will be a gay guy?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

SoLong wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 18:35
I have a question.

If the dyke protagonist is an ancient armenian, why does she have short hair? You'd think someone born fucking centuries ago would have a more traditional view of themselves.

I'm not going to play this in any event because first person games that aren't called Metroid Prime make me vomit but this part really, really annoys me.

She's not Armenian.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:27
Can't imagine why they're so set on the most criticized aspect of the game. Is it a mocap thing?
It's only natural for retards to double down on their bad decisions and I'm almost certain they are getting constant pressure from the higher ups to get this fucking turd out the door so it can stop hemorrhaging money. No time to make revisions now they've already scraped at least one entire game lmao.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Vergil wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 18:37
Can't imagine why they're so set on the most criticized aspect of the game. Is it a mocap thing?
It's only natural for retards to double down on their bad decisions and I'm almost certain they are getting constant pressure from the higher ups to get this fucking turd out the door so it can stop hemorrhaging money. No time to make revisions now they've already scraped at least one entire game lmao.
Agreed. At this stage (and the state of gaming in general) I think this is about PR and the company trying desperately to shed dead weight.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I have a question.

It was also extensively asked in reddit, truth is there is no answer to that and the stablished opinion is that the devs are morons that don't understand the setting and are making overall arbitrary decisions.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

SoLong wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 18:50
Agreed. At this stage (and the state of gaming in general) I think this is about PR and the company trying desperately to shed dead weight.
Ironically, when the game is an obvious dud, the employees are incentivized to work slower since release equals layoffs.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

The real tragedy here is that they went out of their way to make xim an ancient mystery meat shitskin and will proceed to do absolutely nothing with said background. Xir will talk and behave like any other stereotypical liberal urbanite cockroach.
to get this fucking turd out the door so it can stop hemorrhaging money
Paradox should have just canceled the project when the first merry band of leftist retards shat the bad.

If they were smart they'd just kill White Wolf as a whole and bury the carcass someplace deep.
Last edited by gerey on March 22nd, 2024, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

gerey wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:00
The real tragedy here is that they went out of their way to make xim an ancient mystery meat shitskin and will proceed to do absolutely nothing with said background. Xir will talk and behave like any other stereotypical liberal urbanite cockroach.
to get this fucking turd out the door so it can stop hemorrhaging money
Paradox should have just canceled the project when the first merry band of leftist retards shat the bad.

If they were smart they'd just kill White Wolf as a whole and bury the carcass someplace deep.
It gets worse than that, she'll have apparently a being hosted in her head (unclear whether it's diablerized or anything like that) teaching her about the modern world and giving her tips and serving as general annoyance every single moment.

Agreed that project should've been just cancelled. I don't see how releasing a failed slop will help with anything.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

gerey wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:00
I think paradox is publicly traded now aren't they? They probably have investors who aren't going to accept a flat out cancellation after so much has been put into it and will demand they do something to make up for this massive fuck up.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Vergil wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:15
They probably have investors who aren't going to accept a flat out cancellation after so much has been put into it and will demand they do something to make up for this massive fuck up.
Fair point.

As a counter-argument, the damage this very public dud will do to the VtM brand and Paradox as a whole is not going to be negligible, what with Bloodlines 1 being a beloved cult classic.

To say nothing of all the money Paradox has wasted by doubling down on a project that was already a failure. I don't think the sales are ever going to make up for the money invested in the restart, let alone how much money has been wasted on the first attempt.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

gerey wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:54
They probably have investors who aren't going to accept a flat out cancellation after so much has been put into it and will demand they do something to make up for this massive fuck up.
Fair point.

As a counter-argument, the damage this very public dud will do to the VtM brand and Paradox as a whole is not going to be negligible, what with Bloodlines 1 being a beloved cult classic.

To say nothing of all the money Paradox has wasted by doubling down on a project that was already a failure. I don't think the sales are ever going to make up for the money invested in the restart, let alone how much money has been wasted on the first attempt.
Hey I never said they were smart or making the right move :lol:
I don't think they plan on making their money back I think they're just trying to lower how big the loss is.
Last edited by Vergil on March 22nd, 2024, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

gerey wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:54
Fair point.

Investors don't give a fuck, if an enterprise starts getting damage they'll just sell their stocks and go leech somewhere else.

Unless it's a business "too big to fail" that'd leave a lot of powerful people broke then they'll inject even more fictitious money to keep it profiting despite inumerous failures like Disney.
Last edited by Anon on March 22nd, 2024, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Asked Chat GPT to design me a cool protagonist for a sequel to V:T:M:B and in 1 second it gave me a sweet cyberpunk fledgling who's at a disadvantage against older vampires physically and magically, but has the edge when it comes to technology, hacking, cybernetics etc. I'd play it.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 00:20
Asked Chat GPT to design me a cool protagonist for a sequel to V:T:M:B and in 1 second it gave me a sweet cyberpunk fledgling who's at a disadvantage against older vampires physically and magically, but has the edge when it comes to technology, hacking, cybernetics etc. I'd play it.
Chatgpt being a better writer than woke slop devs, what a surprise
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

Man, this game looks like fucking trash.
I really want it to get cancelled, but at the same time, I want to see JUST how bad it'll get lol
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

I think Chink Room will deliver on that. Expect a dumpsterphyre of epic proportions and lots of meme material.

It's funny how instead of learning from the mistakes of the scrapped predecessor, Both Paradox and Chinese room are aiming to make garbage even further removed from what fans wanted Bloodlines 2 to be.