We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

RPGHQ Steam Curator

HQ-related news you should probably read.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

RPGHQ Steam Curator

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Been asked for a few times. Therefore, I've created one. I'll start adding our few reviews we currently have, and add some of my own opinions.
https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

If you want a review featured on the curator, follow the normal process: viewtopic.php?t=461-want-to-write-a-review-start-here
@WhiteShark and @Acrux will review your review, give you feedback, and publish it when they deem it worthy.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 26th, 2024, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Really mad that the first review I clicked redirected me to a Humbaba post
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 26th, 2024, 14:32
Try writing some reviews.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 26th, 2024, 14:43
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 26th, 2024, 14:32
Try writing some reviews.
Send me that Manor Lords key
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

An RPGHQ steam curator approval on a game is like when David Duke endorses a presidential candidate
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Vergil wrote: April 26th, 2024, 14:53
An RPGHQ steam curator approval on a game is like when David Duke endorses a presidential candidate
Caves of Qud is the best nazi-coded roguelike in existence! Praise Hiter! 14/88! Gas the kikes!
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Tweed wrote: April 26th, 2024, 15:07
Vergil wrote: April 26th, 2024, 14:53
Caves of Qud is the best nazi-coded roguelike in existence! Praise Hiter! 14/88! Gas the kikes!
More like Caves of Chud
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

loregamer wrote: April 26th, 2024, 15:45
Should have the HQ color coordinated like this:
I updated the group logo but I don't know when the curator one will reflect it, I don't see any options to change that.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Wrath of the Righteous is just informational? I thought it was infested with woke/ gay crap?

edit:
Bad start on this one.

I read the review, it swoons over the game and doesn't mention anything specific that I could tell about the gay/woke crap.

Frankly, I would have been pissed if I read the review, took this recommendation and bought it. Not a surprise that a fag did the review, then decided to omit any real part this garbage played on the game (real objective take).

Seriously, if you are going to promote fag takes on the games and then slap the sites name on it as a recommendation with misleading reviews that conflict with the sites own ranking on the game, well... what is the point? Might as well put up a Troon flag and advertise for them.
Last edited by Xenich on April 26th, 2024, 16:12, edited 3 times in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

I assume the ability to feature such content in the game has nothing to do with this unbiased review?

Anon

Post by Anon »

Project Gorgon is in development hell and can barely maintain its server costs. It should be downgraded to informational due to that.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: April 26th, 2024, 17:01
Project Gorgon is in development hell and can barely maintain its server costs. It should be downgraded to informational due to that.
They said they were having funding issues last year and the community raised a bunch of money. The dev's wife — who is also a developer — is dying from cancer and still works on the game.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 26th, 2024, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 26th, 2024, 17:32
Anon wrote: April 26th, 2024, 17:01
They said they were having funding issues last year and the community raised a bunch of money. The dev's wife — who is also a developer — is dying from cancer and still works on the game.
Fact is it still haven't had any development news for some months, if you go to PG communities it's pretty consensus that the game has been ded and barely in maintenance phase - the donations were done for that, to ensure they can keep the server running, not to develop the game further.

If you want to still buy the game to support the dying developer I absolutely support it but it isn't the point of the list I guess.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Thinking about how the reviews will feed into the curator - as we're seeing with Humbaba's WOTR review, there were some pretty strong disagreements with it in the replies. Maybe the Recommended/Informational/Not Recommended tag should take into account both the review and the response to the review in the comments.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Acrux wrote: April 26th, 2024, 17:52
Thinking about how the reviews will feed into the curator - as we're seeing with Humbaba's WOTR review, there were some pretty strong disagreements with it in the replies. Maybe the Recommended/Informational/Not Recommended tag should take into account both the review and the response to the review in the comments.
Hmm.... it is almost like there needs to be two reviews. A game play one, and a woke one and have it denoted in some way either on steam, or at least headered in the review.

edit:

Not sure if I have the stomach for it, but if someone wanted... woke reviews since they are just about the games woke factor would be easier to do. Could always just cheat a game (god powered) and then move through the games story/interactions quickly noting the woke areas and then write a review on it.
Last edited by Xenich on April 26th, 2024, 18:23, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Xenich wrote: April 26th, 2024, 18:16
Hmm.... it is almost like there needs to be two reviews. A game play one, and a woke one and have it denoted in some way either on steam, or at least headered in the review.
I'd suggest checking out @Furin's curator for coverage of 'woke' content, he is extremely thorough.
viewtopic.php?t=2025-woke-content-detec ... t-of-games
https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44927664/
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 26th, 2024, 18:17
Xenich wrote: April 26th, 2024, 18:16
I'd suggest checking out @Furin's curator for coverage of 'woke' content, he is extremely thorough.
viewtopic.php?t=2025-woke-content-detec ... t-of-games
https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44927664/
I am aware of it, my point wasn't that I would be fooled, but the average person who would see curator list, read the review here and miss the fact that it was woke. Some won't bother to read through all the comments after the review. That is why I suggested attaching the Woke list result for the game at the top of the review, or having the reviews cover the topic themselves.
Last edited by Xenich on April 26th, 2024, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Xenich wrote: April 26th, 2024, 18:20
I am aware of it, my point wasn't that I would be fooled, but the average person who would see curator list, read the review here and miss the fact that it was woke. Some won't bother to read through all the comments after the review. That is why I suggested attaching the Woke list result for the game at the top of the review, or having the reviews cover the topic themselves.
I suspect there will be some overlap as libtard propaganda is obnoxious, but it won't be a 1:1 overlap. A game can be worth playing and have some libtard elements as part of it.
I'd welcome feedback from others on this tho
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 26th, 2024, 18:25
Xenich wrote: April 26th, 2024, 18:20
I suspect there will be some overlap as libtard propaganda is obnoxious, but it won't be a 1:1 overlap. A game can be worth playing and have some libtard elements as part of it.
I'd welcome feedback from others on this tho

Agreed, this one interested me (WotR) because I really wanted to play the game, but after reading many peoples comments on it in the past (and seeing it listed on the woke list), I scratched it off the list as it appeared to be very bad with that specific game. Certainly, you have to be willing to tolerate some of the crap to play a good game, but if it shows up on our woke list "Heavy Pozzed", I would assume it would end up as either noted clearly as such in the "Informational" review, or listed as "not recommended".
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

WOTR isn't nearly as pozzed as 2023's HQGOTY, BG3. It's also not nearly as good. You win some, you lose some.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 26th, 2024, 18:42
WOTR isn't nearly as pozzed as 2023's HQGOTY, BG3. It's also not nearly as good. You win some, you lose some.
Many people are willing to overlook pozz if the game is exceptionally good, especially so if there are mods to remove it.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 26th, 2024, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@rusty_shackleford, suggestion: games that have a conflicted response like WotR should get a note in the curator blurb that says they're 'HQ controversial' or something like that, and perhaps each entry should also have a link to the corresponding entry from the Woke Content Detected list.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

gerey wrote: April 26th, 2024, 16:10
I assume the ability to feature such content in the game has nothing to do with this unbiased review?

I make passing comment on Crud, Gerey goes looking up stuff.

:hmm:
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Arent Caves of Qud devs like maximum shitlibs?
Anon

Post by Anon »

madbringer wrote: April 26th, 2024, 19:34
Thats the joke
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Anon wrote: April 26th, 2024, 19:47
Thats the joke
I honestly didnt know, just heard it being said.
Last edited by madbringer on April 26th, 2024, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

madbringer wrote: April 26th, 2024, 19:54
Anon wrote: April 26th, 2024, 19:47
Thats the joke
I honestly didnt know, just heard it being said.
Oh okay but yeah that's right. They have done some notorious shit like disabling some gameplay choices to not let you side with "fascists" and things like that. It's probably the most trooned out roguelike community.
BobT

Post by BobT »

I enjoy Konjad's reviews.