We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Making my own TTRPG based on FotNS

For all your tabletop & board game needs.
Bah! They don't even play at physical tabletops anymore.
citard

Making my own TTRPG based on FotNS

Post by citard »

As the title says, I am making my own tabletop role-playing game, based on Fist of the North Star.

I am doing this because there are exactly three that try to emulate the genre of "post-apocalyptic martial arts fantasy", and one of them is only in Italian, another leans far too much into wuxia (I hate chinese mythology and ) and the other is written by a faggot who hates me personally after I said that the race of the player character will always be white, since I am not including playable ethnic or sexual minorities into my game as it conflicts with both my aesthetic vision and my religious beliefs.

The actual system of the game is (for now) quite simple, but what I like the most out of what I've been writing is that I have decided to go with the approach of "you get to make your own martial arts style" rather than the pre-determined "pick one style and then pick the moves you know".

The reason I am posting is because while I enjoy the process of making shit up, I am a monumental retard when it comes to probability in mathematics so calculating damage for certain game features is rather difficult, and I will gladly accept anyone who wishes to help.

As of right now, the game is not even in a playable state, as its first draft is being written. I will share the inside cover of the book, which also serves as a "style guide" for how males and females look in the game.
And here is the cover for one of the chapters. As I do not have any money I can spare on actual artists, I must resort to using Bing's AI. Here is another piece, which is the cover for one of the chapters of the book, namely the one dedicated to character creation.

Once again, please do mention if you wish to help - right now I am stuck on designing moves.
(I do not know which part of rpghq I should post this on due to my illiteracy with forums, but I feel like you guys would be interested in helping this project happen).
citard

Post by citard »

I didn't know whether to put it in the Foundry part of the forum or here. This seemed more appropriate. Assuming there are interested people, I will be posting about my progress.
Last edited by citard on April 25th, 2024, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.