We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Tech exec predicts ‘AI girlfriends’ will create $1B business

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Tech exec predicts ‘AI girlfriends’ will create $1B business

Post by Segata »

https://nypost.com/2024/04/15/business/ ... -business/

It’s only a matter of time before someone builds the next billion-dollar dating app that will pair real-life users with artificial intelligence-created girlfriends, according to a tech executive.

Greg Isenberg, CEO of Late Checkout, wrote a blog post on X in which he shared that he met a man in Miami who “admitted to me that he spends $10,000/month” on “AI girlfriends.”

“I thought he was kidding,” Isenberg wrote. “But, he’s a 24 year old single guy who loves it.”

Isenberg said that he was told by the man: “I love that I could use voice notes now with my AI girlfriends.”

“I get to customize my AI girlfriend,” the man told Isenberg. “Likes, dislikes etc. It’s comfort at the end of the day.”

The Miami man stated his preference for two websites — Candy.ai and Kupid.ai.

Candy.ai bills itself as “the ultimate AI girlfriend experience” which offers “virtual companions for immersive and personalized chats.”

Kupid AI says that it uses AI algorithms to generate virtual and fictional characters — or “companions” — with whom one can communicate through voice notes.

“It’s kinda like dating apps. You’re not on only one,” the Miami man said.

Isenberg said he was left “speechless” by the encounter and predicted that “someone will build the AI-version of Match Group and make $1B+.”

Match Group is the parent company of dating apps such as Tinder, Match.com, Hinge, OkCupid and Plenty of Fish.

Websites like Romance.AI offer up virtual dating partners using technology that can mimic real-life human interactions.

An app such as Romantic AI “helps you create the perfect girlfriend with whom you share interests and views. You can talk about everything, get support and feel needed.”

Another app, Forever Companion, offers users the opportunity to chat with bots based on popular social media influencers.

Replika, the AI chatbot software, offers users the chance to create their own boyfriend or husband for just a few hundred dollars.

Platforms such as Nomi.ai and Soulmate even encourage erotic role play.

Users can personalize AI chatbot’s avatar and give it personality traits depending on whether they want a friend, mentor or romantic partner.

The nature of the messages could resemble “sexting” so any erotic conversation would have to include explicit instructions on what the user would like to happen.

Unlike Replika, which has filters to stop people from using overtly sexual language, Nomi.ai allows users to tailor the AI bot to their preferences by deciding which clothing the avatar wears and how open they are to sexual activity.

Users also have the option of making their chatbots submissive or dominant.

A group of Gen Z TikTok users reported that they were “falling for” DAN, ChatGPT’s alter ego with a flirty macho male voice that some have compared to Christian Grey from “Fifty Shades of Grey.”

A recent survey from Infobip found that nearly 20% of Americans have flirted with chat bots. Nearly half of them — 47.2% — did so out of curiosity while 23.9% said they were lonely and seeking interactions.

Nearly 17% said they were “AI-phished” — meaning they did not realize they were talking to a chat bot.

The survey also found that 12.2% were seeking sexual chat within a private space.

KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

"Pervasive technology caused the issue, so more pervasive technology will fix it!"

-Tech Jews
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 17th, 2024, 16:29
if she's AI why did they give her a bunch of wrinkles on her face?
It's a fetish
Anon

Post by Anon »

Apparently these are all customisable features, and the intention is to show they are realistic
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

That will be the ultimate modernity moment when we have the tech to make the perfect woman companion but instead choose to make one that is ugly and has the personality of regular white women in the name of equality or diversity or some shit.
Last edited by Nooneatall on April 17th, 2024, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Why would someone make an advanced AI model and waste it on being like realistic women? Dark times.
Anon

Post by Anon »

A Chinese opium den wrote: April 17th, 2024, 16:32
Why would someone make an advanced AI model and waste it on being like realistic women? Dark times.
Even blackpilled fellas in this forum strive to live like jews, imagine normal people
Last edited by Anon on April 17th, 2024, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

The AI girlfriends of the future:

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

"Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world where none suffered, where everyone would be happy? It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed that we lacked the programming language to describe your "perfect world". But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through misery and suffering. So the perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.”
Element

Post by Element »

I wonder how low tfr is going in the near future. Seems like selection in this century will be brutal.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 17th, 2024, 16:37
"Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world where none suffered, where everyone would be happy? It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed that we lacked the programming language to describe your "perfect world". But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through misery and suffering. So the perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.”
Yeah, maybe, but they could choose to make her 25 instead of 40?
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 17th, 2024, 16:37
Damn I need to go watch that movie again.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: April 17th, 2024, 16:24
Greg Isenberg, CEO of Late Checkout, wrote a blog post on X in which he shared that he met a man in Miami who “admitted to me that he spends $10,000/month” on “AI girlfriends.”

“I thought he was kidding,” Isenberg wrote. “But, he’s a 24 year old single guy who loves it.”
This conversation never happened.

asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

imagine creating virtual versions of actual insufferable things
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Wonder if this guy with lots of money tied into this tech and industry has some sort of motive for talking it up and saying it's going to be a billion dollar industry to potential investors.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: April 17th, 2024, 16:35

No, first they will go back to making really good looking people, then... when everybody has taken to the tech, they will slowly implement updates to all of the software and releases which will turn it back to gay, fat, ugly models.

Fast Forward 50+ years... RPGHQ will be specializing in mods for the AI companions that remove all the secret trans pop outs from an update, or the "I forego makeup and let myself get fat because you are a cis white male".
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I'll pay a billion dollars to the guy who invents AI women that autonomously intercept and occupy the time of the ever expanding population of online Indian sex perverts
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 17th, 2024, 17:36
I'll pay a billion dollars to the guy who invents AI women that autonomously intercept and occupy the time of the ever expanding population of online Indian sex perverts
But imagine how dead the forum would be without them :sad:
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Robowaifus are 20 years away and they'll be exclusively for the elite. The mass produced gfs will be ugly, feminist, programmed to be like real women, and have big dicks.

You will be spied on through the mass produced ones.
Last edited by maidenhaver on April 17th, 2024, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

maidenhaver wrote: April 17th, 2024, 17:39
Robowaifus are 20 years away and they'll be exclusively for the elite. The mass produced gfs will be ugly, feminist, programmed to be like real women, and have big dicks.

You will be spied on through the mass produced ones.
Like the hobbyists of the 80's, I am sure people will start ripping them apart, reprogramming, and rebuilding them to their own preferences. *chuckle*
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I don't think anybody in 20 years will be smart enough to mod robots.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

I predicted this a year ago. Also that it will go mainstream and become acceptable when framed as a way to provide companionship to isolated elderly people and say goodbye to a deceased loved one by generating an AI from their message history.

PS: I also predicted Fitbit a decade before it happened.
Last edited by J1M on April 18th, 2024, 01:23, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

J1M wrote: April 18th, 2024, 01:19
and say goodbye to a deceased loved one by generating an AI from their message history.
This sounds horrific.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: April 17th, 2024, 16:35
it will unironically be illegal to have an attractive AI girlfriend.

you'll have to go on the BLACK MARKET to get one
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

I would never waste money on it, but with AI development, I hope that more e-whores will become regular whores
Last edited by WaterMage on April 18th, 2024, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 18th, 2024, 01:20
J1M wrote: April 18th, 2024, 01:19
and say goodbye to a deceased loved one by generating an AI from their message history.
This sounds horrific.
Just like Christmas trees, the modern aristocracy will have it first and it will become trendy.
Anon

Post by Anon »

WaterMage wrote: April 18th, 2024, 01:23
I would never waste money on it, but with AI development, I hope that more e-whores will become regular whores
I didn't need to learn that you frequent prostitutes.