We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Kingdom Come 2 - to be officially revealed on April 18th

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Ok, question...

How is the mod scene on this game? Is it difficult, limited, etc... or can you change quite a bit of things like skin color, models, voice, maybe even edit scenes?

If so, then... it might be a worthy release down the road when the entire series is out and you go through everything, correct all the garbage they add and then tune it up for a non-fag/fem release?

Possible?

Tags:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Bar is so low that one (1) trailer that's mostly cutscenes is enough to make niggas cream themselves these days. Let's wait and see what the actual game has.
Anon

Post by Anon »

No sign of wokeism at the trailer at least so that's a positive signal definitely. More skeptical than not but of course I always hope the doomers are proven wrong despite me being one.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Ya'll nigs actually think this is gonna be good, I can't even...
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Tweed wrote: April 18th, 2024, 18:56
"The trailer (which is literally a commercial to coax you into buying the product) actually looks good!" says man for the 238th time before disappointment.
Last edited by Vergil on April 18th, 2024, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

"Oft hope is born when all is forlorn."
Last edited by Anon on April 18th, 2024, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

Vergil wrote: April 18th, 2024, 18:57
Tweed wrote: April 18th, 2024, 18:56
"The trailer (which is literally a commercial to coax you into buying the product) actually looks good!" says man for the 238th time before disappointment.
Combined with the whole announcement stream, yes. As I said, absolutely nothing about it looks pozzed in any way. I haven't seen something like that in a long time.
That said, I won't say your point is invalid given our current time's circumstances. But with what they showed, I am indeed hopeful, KCD being probably one of my favourite games of all time.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

“We are trying to depict a realistic, immersive, and believable medieval world that is being reconstructed to the best of our knowledge. And naturally to achieve that we are not only having our own in-house historian, but we are very closely working together with universities, historians, museums, reenactors, and a group of experts from different ethnicities or religious beliefs that we are actively incorporating into development as external advisors.”

says the dev
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

Xenich wrote: April 18th, 2024, 18:27
Ok, question...

How is the mod scene on this game? Is it difficult, limited, etc... or can you change quite a bit of things like skin color, models, voice, maybe even edit scenes?

If so, then... it might be a worthy release down the road when the entire series is out and you go through everything, correct all the garbage they add and then tune it up for a non-fag/fem release?

Possible?
The first game was quite moddable, and if the second is like it, there really won't be anything that needs correction.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

gastovski wrote: April 18th, 2024, 19:13
“We are trying to depict a realistic, immersive, and believable medieval world that is being reconstructed to the best of our knowledge. And naturally to achieve that we are not only having our own in-house historian, but we are very closely working together with universities, historians, museums, reenactors, and a group of experts from different ethnicities or religious beliefs that we are actively incorporating into development as external advisors.”

says the dev
I would give them the benefit of the doubt here (yes I know, call me stupid), though I won't say the last part rings some alarm bells in the current year.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 18th, 2024, 19:01
Has handgonnes so I'm back in
I guess I might pirate it if I can pull up and blast protestants with the blicky :goldfish:
Last edited by Vergil on April 19th, 2024, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Reichspepe wrote: April 18th, 2024, 19:17

says the dev
I would give them the benefit of the doubt here (yes I know, call me stupid), though I won't say the last part rings some alarm bells in the current year.
Eh, first game was centered around fighting Humbabas.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Reichspepe wrote: April 18th, 2024, 19:14
Ok, question...

Possible?
The first game was quite moddable, and if the second is like it, there really won't be anything that needs correction.
Well, debatable, there were a lot of complaints about various things in different areas, some were subtle, others were a bit more blatant. I didn't have a major issue with it, though I agree with some of the complaints about things when I went back and reviewed what people were talking about. The woman's lot I never played, so I didn't experience some of the content that was argued over. I do agree though, if this one is along the lines of the first, it won't be that bad, but... after reading some of the drama with the studio and the excited Troons being added to the development team, not sure I have a good expectation with this, which is why I asked about modding being able to fix it.
Last edited by Xenich on April 18th, 2024, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

says the dev

Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

says the dev
Uh oh. Bringing in modern day historians? Nigs for sure.
Statesman

Post by Statesman »

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-co ... se-studios
Kuttenberg may also be a change for the series in another notable way. When the original Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released in 2018, it came under scrutiny for its decision to more or less leave out people of color, which Vavra attributed to a desire for historical accuracy. In a 2015 tweet he wrote, “Would you please explain to me whats racist about telling the truth? There were no black people in medieval Bohemia. Period.”
But when asked if Warhorse’s philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game’s DLC, A Woman’s Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, “The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it’s darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players’s conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

I can see It now....farming high level enemies for their equipment using a trusty horse, and a big fucking gun.
Rand

Post by Rand »

gerey wrote: April 18th, 2024, 12:07
To play the devil's advocate and huff the copium, if they are reusing the same engine, a large percentage of assets, and recycling large parts of the map, they could have a fairly finished product by now.
Fallout 2 was released the following calendar year to Fallout.

Remember when gamedevs could just make a game without all the bullshit?
Rand

Post by Rand »

Ok, question...

Possible?
The first was difficult to significantly mod.
No good tools were ever made.
Some fucked around with levelling a bit, but that's basically it that I remember.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Statesman wrote: April 18th, 2024, 20:22
Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.
Oh, shit. No. Please no.
Last edited by Rand on April 18th, 2024, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Statesman wrote: April 18th, 2024, 20:22
https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-co ... se-studios
Kuttenberg may also be a change for the series in another notable way. When the original Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released in 2018, it came under scrutiny for its decision to more or less leave out people of color, which Vavra attributed to a desire for historical accuracy. In a 2015 tweet he wrote, “Would you please explain to me whats racist about telling the truth? There were no black people in medieval Bohemia. Period.”
But when asked if Warhorse’s philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game’s DLC, A Woman’s Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, “The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it’s darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players’s conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.
Yeah, it will be woke. DAMN!
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

Rand wrote: April 18th, 2024, 21:21
Ok, question...

Possible?
Some fucked around with levelling a bit, but that's basically it that I remember.
Slight correction, Warhorse released modding tools for the game.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

GotPlatinum wrote: April 18th, 2024, 21:46
Rand wrote: April 18th, 2024, 21:21
Ok, question...

Possible?
Slight correction, Warhorse released modding tools for the game.
That is good news then. If the tools are that powerful, then this will be easier than dealing with BG3 I assume.

Been looking at the editor, and yes... full featured to create all new content. It appears you can do cut scenes as well. So, we should be able to completely adjust all the DEI crap, change colors, delete scenes (or edit), change dialog, etc...

Last edited by Xenich on April 18th, 2024, 22:28, edited 2 times in total.
UnfairTradeCoffee

Post by UnfairTradeCoffee »

Vergil wrote: April 18th, 2024, 19:18
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 18th, 2024, 19:01
Has handgonnes so I'm back in
I guess I might pirate it if I can pull and blast protestants with the blicky :goldfish:
Would certainly be interesting if they had a big questline discussing the Bohemian Reformation, which results in you having to make a choice for yourself at the end or something. But probably not, looks like they'll probably be too busy trying to somehow hamfist niggers into the setting.

I'm not knowledgeable in history at all, so who will it be? Moors? Ottomans' nigger mercenaries? Wakanda?
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Anon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 18:44
No sign of wokeism at the trailer at least so that's a positive signal definitely. More skeptical than not but of course I always hope the doomers are proven wrong despite me being one.
Not only there is no wokeness, the trailer ends with a character making an honest prayer to God, unironically and without any hint of sarcasm or mockery.

I know better than getting hyped but... so far so good.