We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Coffee

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Anon

Coffee

Post by Anon »

► Show Spoiler
I'm convinced that it's God's favored drink.

Flavorful, strong, fitting for any kind of situation. Coffee is the second most popular beverage in the world, surpassed only by water.

It can be served as simple black coffee, or mixed with milk, sometimes with chocolate as well. Though it's not uncommon to see it mixed with some more exotic recipes.

Preparing coffee is also an art in itself. Some people prefer using french press, moka, espresso, among many other methods, or even simple paper filter or coffee maker when feeling lazy. Some people have it as a full-fledged profession (it's called barista).

Some inferior lifeforms, though, choose to completely waste coffee's potential and drink instant coffee :yuck: . And seeing a forum member making such sacrilege is what drove me to make this topic.

Share your favorite ways of making and drinking coffee, any curiosities about coffee, or whatever you want I don't care.

My recommended way for starters of making coffee is:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Anon on April 10th, 2024, 17:30, edited 5 times in total.

Tags:
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Anon wrote: April 10th, 2024, 17:13
1- Boil approx 350ml (to imperialfags it's approximately 20 meters) of water.
Not sure if it is approximately 20 meters. But sound off.

Moka is what I was used to basically my entire life. Though espresso is, in my opinion, the most kino way to have coffee.

Black > Everything else.
Anon

Post by Anon »

TKVNC wrote: April 10th, 2024, 17:18
Anon wrote: April 10th, 2024, 17:13
1- Boil approx 350ml (to imperialfags it's approximately 20 meters) of water.

Moka is what I was used to basically my entire life. Though espresso is, in my opinion, the most kino way to have coffee.

Black > Everything else.
Moka is one of my favorites too, the coffee comes very full-bodied and flavorful. Though it's a lot of work to clean after. But certainly worth the effort when you're feeling like it.

I don't like espresso much personally. I suppose its flavor becomes so much concentrated I can't even feel it properly anymore.

Yes everyday for me is black, no sugar, when it's quality coffee there's absolutely no need to try to mask its flavor with anything else. Though I can also enjoy some recipes in a restaurant or whatever.
corrected
Last edited by Anon on April 10th, 2024, 17:31, edited 3 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

instant coffee, cheapest brand available
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

I don't drink coffee. I don't want to stain my beautiful white teeth. Also, I don't want to become addicted to a mind altering substance, which caffeine is. I only use caffeine pills in case of an emergency. If you can't get through the work day without falling asleep, you need to go to bed earlier and run before you go to work, and run on your lunch break.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

That's the good stuff.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: April 10th, 2024, 17:24
I don't drink coffee. I don't want to stain my beautiful white teeth. Also, I don't want to become addicted to a mind altering substance, which caffeine is. I only use caffeine pills in case of an emergency. If you can't get through the work day without falling asleep, you need to go to bed earlier and run before you go to work, and run on your lunch break.
Run before you go to the bathroom.
Run before you run.
Spend the whole day running.
Run in your sleep.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Coffee might shrink your brain.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

I pick out a random tub of coffee grains at the store. I put it in the hot water machine, I put a glass pitcher under the hot water machine. I shit post or play vidya until the smell of coffee reminds me that I made some. I drink 1 or 2 cups then pour the rest down the drain. Repeat every day
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

I like coffee but I don't like coffee snobs. Insufferable people to be around.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I drink a pot of coffee at work made with two level scoops of community coffee grounds and a pinch of salt. I prefer crushing the beans and using a french press, though.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: April 10th, 2024, 18:01
I like coffee but I don't like coffee snobs. Insufferable people to be around.
Imagine complaining about gatekeeping in the gatekeeping forum (I agree don't be a snob with coffee or anything else IRL it never brings anything positive)
Last edited by Anon on April 10th, 2024, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Idk what's worse grown adults whining because they haven't had coffee or whining because they can't vape inside
Anon

Post by Anon »

also worth a dedicated topic imo
Unless you are some sort of ascetic monk (which you aren't if you're browsing this forum) you're always doing some kind of activity that's addictive and potentially unhealthy in some shape or form. Then it's down to subjectivity whatever you choose as your favorite ones. Coffee is a pretty healthy beverage in low doses btw. No calories and lots of useful nutrients.
Last edited by Anon on April 10th, 2024, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Also, I don't want to become addicted to a mind altering substance, which caffeine is.
Fair, but you can drink a small amount regularly without issue. I drink green tea most days and I've never noticed any sort of withdrawal systems when I take a break.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

lately i prefer drip-brew coffee again. i use a $10 drip coffee machine from walmart. best coffee i've ever had.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

If you drink water, you drink mind altering chemicals. If anything, coffee and trappist beer are healthier for your brain than water.
Watser
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Watser »

sips
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Coffee is for fags. If you drink it every day, you become physically addicted to the point that if you try to quit, you'll have painful headaches as your body adjusts to a normal, non-faggy way of life.
Just drink water. Or tea if you want caffeine so badly.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Suddenly RPGHQ became a community of people whining about gatekeeping and defending an ascetic lifestyle. That's rich.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Rich like your precious coffee.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Anon wrote: April 11th, 2024, 20:56
Suddenly RPGHQ became a community of people whining about gatekeeping and defending an ascetic lifestyle. That's rich.
These niggers need power over you, and their only means is through guilt. I have a well, so I can drink water, but their water probably melts instead of boils.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

coffee is for cucks. Walk into any cafe on the planet for proof, it's almost universal
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

I drink about a cup a day from a regular drip brewer. Always black. Occasionally the wife will pester me to take her to a coffee place so she can get a frappe or something, I might get a macchiato or hot latte on those occasions.

My favorite way is cowboy coffee when camping. Just boil grounds in a pot of water. When it's done boiling remove it from the fire and sprinkle some cold water on top to help the grounds settle to the bottom.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I find that quitting coffee and caffeine entirely is ideal. You feel less anxious and irritable, and sleep a lot better. If you miss the taste of coffee, just drink decaf, so long as it's Organic (always) and made using the "swiss water" method.
Cedric

Post by Cedric »

Making some coffee in your Bialetti that you haven't cleaned for 20 years is peak Italian culture and very good.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

methylene chloride are used in producing decaf coffee, increase risk of cancer, same as normal coffee, it increase risk of cancer and brain shrinkage.

So much shilling for this coffee bean, i am sure its not healthy for you.

Did you know that Coffe was once Satans drink? Some pope clement had to (bless) it
Last edited by BLofbr on April 12th, 2024, 11:47, edited 2 times in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

BLofbr wrote: April 12th, 2024, 11:43
methylene chloride are used in producing decaf coffee, increase risk of cancer, same as normal coffee, it increase risk of cancer and brain shrinkage.

So much shilling for this coffee bean, i am sure its not healthy for you.

Did you know that Coffe was once Satans drink? Some pope clement had to (bless) it
If I was you, I'd be far more worried about how easily your brain is manipulated by velvet faggots with meme ideologies on the internet than coffee.