We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

This meme makes me want to play Helldivers 2

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
AliciaDurge

This meme makes me want to play Helldivers 2

Post by AliciaDurge »

Seriously tho, I don't like the unrealistic armor where you can just stick a sword through the ribs and the female pc going around in bikini armor should die due to it. Same goes for male pc going around with skimpy armor, but it's rarely that way. Not every female character needs to look like a run away model while going around killing enemies, there is a time and place for that. Disclaimer btw, this is just my opinion and I just use mods if I'm turned off too much by the unrealistic armor in games. I sometimes like to make my pc look like a pretty girl or boy, but usually I like to run with a realistic armor. Tho if it's planned for women to go around looking like run away models all the time, at least it should be made equal. Let male characters have skimpy armors too, please.
Anon

Post by Anon »

You aren't wrong, but the overwhelming majority of the gamer population is male (white male more specifically) so it's natural that gaming industry works towards catering this audience more.
aweigh wrote: April 9th, 2024, 15:17
^ definitely a troon
The ironic part is that this nigga ignores anybody who says any mean words to him.
Last edited by Anon on April 9th, 2024, 15:22, edited 2 times in total.
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

Anon wrote: April 9th, 2024, 15:19
You aren't wrong, but the overwhelming majority of the gamer population is male (white male more specifically) so it's natural that gaming industry works towards catering this audience more.
^ definitely a troon
The ironic part is that this nigga ignores anybody who says any mean words to him.
True but I'm glad mods exist. I just wish people could make a difference between fiction and reality, and not complain every time when a game produces women with realistic gear or looks. There are already plenty of games with run away models, so it's good to see a change sometimes. Just don't play the game or mod it if you're not pleased with it, that's what I do.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

AliciaDurge wrote: April 9th, 2024, 15:29
^ definitely a troon
True but I'm glad mods exist. I just wish people could make a difference between fiction and reality, and not complain every time when a game produces women with realistic gear or looks. There are already plenty of games with run away models, so it's good to see a change sometimes. Just don't play the game or mod it if you're not pleased with it, that's what I do.
Shouldn't you be in the kitchen?
Anon

Post by Anon »

^ definitely a troon
I don't know what you mean by "realistic looks". If it's the hideous AF women we see everywhere in modern western games, I gotta disagree. I hate this "beauty standards" bullshit, obviously people don't wanna see either hideous females or males in their games (hideous males are more acceptable though because naturally men are less beautiful than woman). And beautiful women like we see in traditional games do exist in real life anyway, so it's not like depicting them is "unrealistic".

Agreed on mods though, I'm glad there are modders able to adapt to whatever tastes people have. Though vanilla should always be aimed towards catering the overwhelming majority (white straight men). Not doing this is defying any logic and is only explainable by outside interests to ruin the gaming industry.
Last edited by Anon on April 9th, 2024, 15:37, edited 3 times in total.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Anon wrote: April 9th, 2024, 15:33

I don't know what you mean by "realistic looks". If it's the hideous AF women we see everywhere in modern western games, I gotta disagree. I hate this "beauty standards" bullshit, obviously people don't wanna see either hideous females or males in their games (hideous males are more acceptable though because naturally men are less beautiful than woman). And beautiful women like we see in traditional games do exist in real life anyway, so it's not like depicting them is "unrealistic".
I hate women and don't think they should have freedom of speech because they say really stupid shit like the posts we see here.
Men should be buff and wear badass armor and women should be sexy and wear skimpy armor. That's how it was until very very recently.
Last edited by Nooneatall on April 9th, 2024, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

Nooneatall wrote: April 9th, 2024, 15:31

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen?
Very original joke. Come up with something better.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

^ definitely a troon
u dont play games for reality u dumb cunt
go play operation flashpoint or some higher end flight sims if u want that, but your troon/vag brain couldnt handle it so u pollute male entertainment.

btw realistic vagina gear is a corset and a buttplug
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

Agreed on mods though, I'm glad there are modders able to adapt to whatever tastes people have. Though vanilla should always be aimed towards catering the overwhelming majority (white straight men). Not doing this is defying any logic and is only explainable by outside interests to ruin the gaming industry.
I meant realistic looks as in how women look like in real life, majority of women don't look like super models like in video games. There could be both hideous AF looking women and also very beautiful women in games, I like variety of different people. I mostly meant people who complain women not looking like super models and having realistic features like most women in real life do. You can be be beautiful and have a bit of a tummy, those stuff don't cancel each other out. About beauty standards, I don't like the unrealistic beauty standards where you basically gotta be obsessed with looking like a super model to achieve those standards. Neither for men or women. You can be handsome without having a six pack and being 6 foot tall, you can be beautiful without having big boobs and ass and a flat stomach (having a flat stomach and thing waist with big boobs and ass naturally is very rare, so it shouldn't be an expected standard for women).
BobT

Post by BobT »

Helldivers 1, many years ago:
(There's a more visible difference when not in the same stance). The female has a distinct slender build compared to the male, despite the armour being the same.

Regardless, your argument concerning the top picture is stupid. Those are two very different types of games and settings.
Also what part of the word FANTASY means it has to be realistic? Only plausible. Many real-world warriors fought with armour that exposed areas (or none at all). It only has to be appropriate for the setting.
Last edited by BobT on April 9th, 2024, 16:21, edited 3 times in total.
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

Red7 wrote: April 9th, 2024, 15:51

go play operation flashpoint or some higher end flight sims if u want that, but your troon/vag brain couldnt handle it so u pollute male entertainment.

Really original. I won't do as you say.
BobT

Post by BobT »

AliciaDurge wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:01
Red7 wrote: April 9th, 2024, 15:51

Really original. I won't do as you say.
Both he and @Humbaba like it when you say no. :eyebrows:
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

BobT wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:00
(There's a more visible difference when not in the same stance).

Regardless, your argument is stupid.
Also what part of the word FANTASY means it has to be realistic? Only plausible. Many real-world warriors fought with armour that exposed areas (or none at all). It only has to be appropriate for the setting.
Where did I say it has to be realistic? If you like it non realistic, you do you. I just shared my own opinion about it. It was about my own personal tastes, I'm not saying developers should stop making unrealistic games. I just thought it would be good see some change in games, there already is plenty of unrealistic games to play. Use mods to skimp out your female pcs or play games with skimpy females, knock yourself out. God forbid someone wanting to play differently.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

The waist on that female body is way too big. Never in my life would I be happy playing such a barrel of a female. Erasing the female form is a direct attack on women by troons that can never have it.

Plus fat fucks should NEVER be a model for anything. They should not be promoted, they should never be represented. Fat is ugly, fat is disgusting. I only want to see beautiful men and women in my games. Not the dregs of society.
atgblue1st

Post by atgblue1st »

It's wrong at it's core though.

If we go by "realism" standards, there are no female "warriors" or soldiers, who can be on the same level as men.

In helldivers world, women would be home making babies and sandwiches, and all the dudes would be fighting the aliens.

Women just can't match men in physical things.

If we go by "fantasy" standards, then yes. My female character who can magically swing a sword like any man, or successfully kill aliens on par with men, can also do it in a skimpy set of eye candy armor.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

There's like 3 helldivers threads this reddit meme could have gone in
Anon

Post by Anon »

AliciaDurge wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:00

I meant realistic looks as in how women look like in real life, majority of women don't look like super models like in video games. There could be both hideous AF looking women and also very beautiful women in games, I like variety of different people. I mostly meant people who complain women not looking like super models and having realistic features like most women in real life do. You can be be beautiful and have a bit of a tummy, those stuff don't cancel each other out. About beauty standards, I don't like the unrealistic beauty standards where you basically gotta be obsessed with looking like a super model to achieve those standards. Neither for men or women. You can be handsome without having a six pack and being 6 foot tall, you can be beautiful without having big boobs and ass and a flat stomach (having a flat stomach and thing waist with big boobs and ass naturally is very rare, so it shouldn't be an expected standard for women).
What you're failing in your logic that you somehow refuse to see is that your profile (leftist woman who enjoys playing games) is the absolute minority. The overwhelming majority of gamers is white men, so obviously the average game has to be designed with them in mind.

And even between woman, most women who enjoy playing games that I know (which are very few because few women like gaming) also want their characters to be pretty super models, because that's what fantasy is about. So even in that regard you're a minority.

There's no logic in catering to the minority of the minority, it's a corruption of gaming industry that is still maintained nowadays because outside parties interested in cultural corruption are injecting more money in gaming industry than the consumer base does.

The second part where your logic is failing is that gaming is all about fantasy. There's no obligation at all to follow "realism" in them, mainly when such realism isn't at all desired by the consumer base, as is women with unattractive features.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Vergil wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:23
Also there shouldn't be a female player model at all.
If you want to actually win a war yeah lol
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

AliciaDurge wrote: April 9th, 2024, 15:10

Seriously tho, I don't like the unrealistic armor where you can just stick a sword through the ribs and the female pc going around in bikini armor should die due to it. Same goes for male pc going around with skimpy armor, but it's rarely that way. Not every female character needs to look like a run away model while going around killing enemies, there is a time and place for that. Disclaimer btw, this is just my opinion and I just use mods if I'm turned off too much by the unrealistic armor in games. I sometimes like to make my pc look like a pretty girl or boy, but usually I like to run with a realistic armor. Tho if it's planned for women to go around looking like run away models all the time, at least it should be made equal. Let male characters have skimpy armors too, please.
The reason women are added as an option in the first place is 'inclusivity,' not realism.
The games with skimpy armours are adding them primarily for the girls (and troons) that want their character to look like that.
Obviously, most guys want cool looking, practical outfits, rather than weird LGBT-parade gimp suits, so that's what was offered.

Then Feminist grifters came and made a big deal out of nothing.

" Same goes for male pc going around with skimpy armor,"
:scratch:
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Games should absolutely be modifiable in this regard.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

I mean, on the image you posted, exactly none of that armour is realistic. For the man, his neck is completely exposed, his torso armour would restrict his movement, and he has absolutely no armour on his thigh, where the Femoral Artery is - it would be easy to kill him with very little effort. As for the Slopdivers gear - those huge plates glued onto the gloves without actual support are ridiculous at best, and the shoulder pads would do nothing except make it harder to move - and as a result, likely get you killed.

Here's a list of some actual 'REAL' armours - Art used in the first two since it's not easy to find surviving sets of pre-14th Century Armour.

All that said, there is nothing wrong with games having unrealistic armour, but the idea of men and women wearing the same armour is goofy anyway, since even the basic bone structure would impair them if they were using rigid armours that were designed for men - not to mention in most cases the significant size difference. I'd go into more detail, but I don't want to. So I won't.

Suffice to say, the Slopdivers gear looks hideous, and having women look identical to men is goofy, and helps feed into the notion of wokeism.

*Typos
Last edited by TKVNC on April 9th, 2024, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:25
The reason women are added as an option in the first place is 'inclusivity,' not realism.
The games with skimpy armours are adding them primarily for the girls (and troons) that want their character to look like that.
I don't think early mortal combat series was made for women in mind at all... and yet it was full of sexy females...
Sex sells.
Last edited by orinEsque on April 9th, 2024, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Obviously, most guys want cool looking, practical outfits, rather than weird LGBT-parade gimp suits, so that's what was offered.

Then Feminist grifters came and made a big deal out of nothing.

" Same goes for male pc going around with skimpy armor,"
:scratch:
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

You can be handsome without [...] being 6 foot tall
Troon hands wrote this post. No women in real life would EVER say something like that.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Both skimpy & muscular there, just like Conan the Barbarian and Frank Frazetta artwork-- it's a particular aesthetic in this case.
orinEsque wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:30
I don't think early mortal combat series was made for women in mind at all... and yet it was full of sexy females...
Sex sells.
Even in this case, I still think the female characters were added primarily as an option for women, rather than the creators having a desire to see sexy women getting gored & beaten up... I could be wrong though. They've been attempting the inclusivity way before women were remotely interested in gaming, but I was thinking of MMOs mostly, as that's the kind of thing that attracts women.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on April 9th, 2024, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

AliciaDurge wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:06

Where did I say it has to be realistic? If you like it non realistic, you do you. I just shared my own opinion about it. It was about my own personal tastes, I'm not saying developers should stop making unrealistic games. I just thought it would be good see some change in games, there already is plenty of unrealistic games to play. Use mods to skimp out your female pcs or play games with skimpy females, knock yourself out. God forbid someone wanting to play differently.
It was your seventh word in the first sentence.
Also there is indeed a time and a place for it.

Fantasy games.

Helldivers 1, a SPACE themed game in 2015, covered up both the male and female, as per the previous screenshot.
Both games are conforming to the correct time and place for their relevant character models / armour.
Last edited by BobT on April 9th, 2024, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

AliciaDurge wrote: April 9th, 2024, 16:06

No, games should be catered to the majority (in this case straight white males). They are the ones making the developers money. YOU should be the one needing to mod the game to your minority taste.

Games are shit right now because developers are kowtowing to every little minority that pops up on twitter instead of focusing on a good game that will appeal to their real customer base.
Last edited by orinEsque on April 9th, 2024, 16:41, edited 2 times in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

What's this "expectation"? Since when is someone expecting YOU to be like something in a game, just because you're playing it?
Also in RPGs when you're PLAYING a ROLE, why would you choose to play a fat cunt with a belly? Unless you're literally playing one of those Ugly Bastard hentai rape games from Red7's library.

The default should always be beautiful, because why should anyone strive for anything else if there's only one option? (especially in a Fantasy setting), unless it literally has a character creator in which case, enjoy.