We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Woke Content Detector's Curated List of Games

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Furin

Post by Furin »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 7th, 2024, 20:56
re: Elden Ring, does it use 'body types' in the Japanese version? Japanese developers notoriously tend to know very little about their English localizations. Perhaps worth making a distinction between developer intent vs caused by localization.
Rusty! Help me out man the pipe table isn't rendering properly and I don't know what to do.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Furin wrote: April 7th, 2024, 21:06
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 7th, 2024, 20:56
re: Elden Ring, does it use 'body types' in the Japanese version? Japanese developers notoriously tend to know very little about their English localizations. Perhaps worth making a distinction between developer intent vs caused by localization.
Rusty! Help me out man the pipe table isn't rendering properly and I don't know what to do.
One sec, I'll fix it
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

@Furin not your fault, it appears I broke it at some point while refactoring the table code yesterday and somehow didn't notice. Give me some time to figure out exactly what change caused this.
Furin

Post by Furin »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 6th, 2024, 22:38
Furin wrote: April 6th, 2024, 22:31
I feel it necessary to try to foster a community that can hold itself above the Woke crowd using intelligence and reason.
Posters here are often seemingly hostile — especially to new users — because near every other site they use has been slowly destroyed and the most successful defense so far has been extensive gatekeeping by any means necessary.
Considering I've now been called an autistic faggot, I'd say "seemingly" doesn't apply here. It's your forum so you can run it how you want but this is why we don't allow ad hominem attacks in Woke Content Detector's discussions. They add nothing to the conversation and encourage trolls with nothing better to do.
Last edited by Furin on April 7th, 2024, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Furin wrote: April 7th, 2024, 21:47
Furin wrote: April 6th, 2024, 22:31
I feel it necessary to try to foster a community that can hold itself above the Woke crowd using intelligence and reason.
Posters here are often seemingly hostile — especially to new users — because near every other site they use has been slowly destroyed and the most successful defense so far has been extensive gatekeeping by any means necessary.
Considering I've now been called an autistic faggot, I'd say "seemingly" doesn't apply here. It's your forum so you can run it how you want but this is why we don't allow ad hominem attacks in Woke Content Detector's discussions. They add nothing to the conversation and encourage malcontents with nothing better to do.
Yes some people will offend you gratuitously for no apparent reason, but don't let it get to your nerves. I appreciate the work you're doing. You're doing way more than people who spend their whole day complaining in online forums.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Considering I've now been called an autistic faggot, I'd say "seemingly" doesn't apply here. It's your forum so you can run it how you want but this is why we don't allow ad hominem attacks in Woke Content Detector's discussions. They add nothing to the conversation and encourage malcontents with nothing better to do.
It's inherent to allowing open discussions. I understand it's not for everyone, but if you're keen to stay around you can add specific posters to your ignore list.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 7th, 2024, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Anon wrote: April 7th, 2024, 21:52

Yes some people will offend you gratuitously for no apparent reason, but don't let it get to your nerves. I appreciate the work you're doing. You're doing way more than people who spend their whole day complaining in online forums.
Faggot.
Furin

Post by Furin »

After some thought, I think I'll change Morrowind to informational. We've had a lot of good discussion here and I can see why some disagree with one npc/story progression option being overtly pro-LGBTQ+. The review will make note of Crassius and his behavior but will also say it is unclear whether this is pro or anti LGBTQ+.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

You give a Morrofag an inch, they take the whole penis. You will regret this.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Element wrote: April 7th, 2024, 07:48
Furin wrote: April 6th, 2024, 20:56
Roguey wrote: April 6th, 2024, 10:57

There's a gay human/orc couple in the last town.

There's definitely gay stuff in this. Linzi is very subtly gay, Octavia and Regongar are bisexuals in an open relationship, the tiefling twins are also bisexual.

This is a can of worms. :lol:
Thanks for this information. Anything to add in regard to Tyranny? So far I haven't found any readily apparent information on it.
There's a pinned thread by Twig in the RPG board. Page 6-9 have an extended back and forth on whether Tyranny is woke or not, starting with this message
Lord of Riva wrote: February 26th, 2024, 10:42

I disagree on Tyranny it's certainly not mild, it's rather high.
I've read through the discussion and it seems to me there isn't a real consensus on whether Kyros's sex ambiguity can be considered Woke or not.

However, I am rather interested in what you said here: "ranting about the justice being above such things etc. Sirin mentions that there's blankness under the mask."

To me, that sounds a lot like a (perhaps subtle) message about a person being able to exist outside gender norms.

I'm thinking of listing Tyranny as not recomended with that specific social commentary, Sirin using they/them to refer to Kyros, and the existence of minor gay characters as examples of an overtly pro-LGBTQ+ message. Any additional thoughts?
Last edited by Furin on April 8th, 2024, 01:27, edited 4 times in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Ha, it's this new guy's first day and he's already ignored several people. Including me! Harmless me of all people.

I guess he's going to fit right in.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Tyranny was rushed & very unfinished so I think it would be difficult to come to a decision regarding its content tbh.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Acrux wrote: April 8th, 2024, 01:36
Ha, it's this new guy's first day and he's already ignored several people. Including me! Harmless me of all people.

I guess he's going to fit right in.
I've made the choice to ignore anyone that engages in ad hominem attacks against me or anyone else.

So yes, that includes you. I wouldn't call denigrating my posts as "reddit-tier" to be anything other than ad hominem.

You and people like you can denigrate my posts and call me all the names you want. It's just more ad hominem and I'd rather not engage with it anymore.

Or would you like to actually add something of value to the discussion here?
Last edited by Furin on April 8th, 2024, 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

You really aren't trying to fit into our culture at all, are you? I don't care if you ignore me.
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 01:47
Nah. It's cool that you want to put this list together. I think it's weird that you explicitly restrict people from copying it or linking to it here or that you come here and lecture us about our site's culture.

I also think you come across as extremely self-important. If you're planning on being a culture warrior, you'd better get a thicker skin.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Acrux wrote: April 8th, 2024, 01:56
I think it's weird that you explicitly restrict people from copying it or linking to it here
I read it as a request, not a restriction. I understand why OP wants to grow his steam group.
Furin

Post by Furin »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:03
I think it's weird that you explicitly restrict people from copying it or linking to it here
I read it as a request, not a restriction. I understand why OP wants to grow his steam group.
I even use the word "please"

And as Rusty points out, the explanation for why is in the line below that.

To elaborate, I want to direct people to the Steam group so they can benefit from the curator and join in discussion there, not just here.
Last edited by Furin on April 8th, 2024, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Alright, fair enough. I guess I was mistaken. We've had kerfuffles recently about modders who take a very narrow view of other people expanding on their mods, so I suppose I had that in my mind when I read it.

I do still think the other stuff, though.
Furin

Post by Furin »

You really aren't trying to fit into our culture at all, are you? I don't care if you ignore me.
Nah. It's cool that you want to put this list together. I think it's weird that you explicitly restrict people from copying it or linking to it here or that you come here and lecture us about our site's culture.

I also think you come across as extremely self-important. If you're planning on being a culture warrior, you'd better get a thicker skin.
Thank you for the feedback.

When exactly did I lecture anyone about the site's culture? Aren't you generalizing just a little there? Your first interaction with me here was to denigrate me. Is that the culture you're talking about? A culture where you bully and denigrate someone new?

I've already had some nice and productive conversations with multiple people, yet you blame me for being the problem? You haven't tried interacting with me in a positive way at all.
Last edited by Furin on April 8th, 2024, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:17
A culture where you bully and denigrate someone new?
Yes

Also, for someone you have on ignore, you sure do respond to my posts a lot.
Last edited by Acrux on April 8th, 2024, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Acrux wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:20
Yes
Then perhaps you can understand my desire to shield myself from that behavior. Is that so unreasonable?
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

When exactly did I lecture anyone about the site's culture? Aren't you generalizing just a little there? Your first interaction with me here was to denigrate me. Is that the culture you're talking about? A culture where you bully and denigrate someone new?

I've already had some nice and productive conversations with multiple people, yet you blame me for being the problem? You haven't tried interacting with me in a positive way at all.
The inability to handle flak or negativity is sorta contrary to the culture here is what I assume he's talking about. This isn't supposed to be a hugbox, nor do most of us care about fallacies. The real world doesn't care about them nor do the people who pollute our games and communities, and honestly, anyone worth his mettle should be able to handle that.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Furin has only once interacted in a topic outside his own, and it was strictly to announce his product. Why lecture the guy about accepting the "forum's culture" if he hasn't shown any interest in engaging with people outside this topic and is clearly here only because he wants to announce his product and get feedback?
Furin

Post by Furin »

Acrux wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:20
Yes

Also, for someone you have on ignore, you sure do respond to my posts a lot.
I'm not against interacting with people, I just don't like when they engage in ad hominem attacks. I don't want to have to ignore anyone. Is that not evidence I'm trying to fit in here?
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

You're going to be called nazi by the woke left, they've gone bananas.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Nammu Archag wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:24

The inability to handle flak or negativity is sorta contrary to the culture here is what I assume he's talking about. This isn't supposed to be a hugbox, nor do most of us care about fallacies. The real world doesn't care about them nor do the people who pollute our games and communities, and honestly, anyone worth his mettle should be able to handle that.
I'm not like the left calling for censorship or deplatforming. I'm simply trying to keep the discussion productive. I've already said I don't mind if you all do that it's just not why I'm here.

Also, Rusty was the one that suggested I use the ignore function. So how is my following his suggestion somehow going against the culture here?

Rusty was the one that introduced me to this site and offered to host part/all of the group's discussions here.
Last edited by Furin on April 8th, 2024, 02:35, edited 2 times in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:27

I'm not like the left calling for censorship or deplatforming. I'm simply trying to keep the discussion productive. I've already said I don't mind if you all do that it's just not why I'm here.

Also, Rusty was the one that suggested I use the ignore function. So how is my following his suggestion somehow going against the culture here?

Rusty was the one that introduced me to this site and offered to host part/all of the group's discussions here.
The issue here, from what I gathered, is that you started complaining when people criticized your product (even if it was just simple jesting that you considered to be ad hominem). People here don't like this kind of tone so it's only made matters worse.

But well, you're not the only one user who opts to just shut down everything by spamming the ignore function. But be aware that other people you bring in will also be subjected to the "forum's culture". You can either choose to change your idea and try to fit in, just ignore and tolerate it, or well, leave. The second option is honestly not too bad, there are other content creators that don't accept the forum's culture, don't fit in, but still hosts their content here and accept their newfags occasionally getting shit on by the userbase, because they think the complete freedom of expression to host your content without any worries this forum offers is well worth it.

Rusty invited you because he's interested in people going against the woke culture coming and hosting their product here. It won't mean the community's culture will be changed to cater to anybody though.
Last edited by Anon on April 8th, 2024, 02:54, edited 3 times in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Anon wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:52
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:27

The issue here, from what I gathered, is that you started complaining when people criticized your product (even if it was just simple jesting that you considered to be ad hominem). People here don't like this kind of tone so it's only made matters worse.

But well, you're not the only one user who opts to just shut down everything by spamming the ignore function. But be aware that other people you bring in will also be subjected to the "forum's culture". You can either choose to change your idea and try to fit in, just ignore and tolerate it, or well, leave. The second option is honestly not too bad, there are other content creators that don't accept the forum's culture, don't fit in, but still hosts their content here and accept their newfags occasionally getting shit on by the userbase, because they think the complete freedom of expression to host your content without any worries this forum offers is well worth it.

Rusty invited you because he's interested in people going against the woke culture coming and hosting their product here. It won't mean the community's culture will be changed to cater to anybody though.
Fair enough. I can understand that. I'll have to evaluate those options but you're right I'll probably go with the second one. The list being here is just as a backup. That was always the intent.