We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Woke Content Detector's Curated List of Games

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 01:47
I've made the choice to ignore anyone that engages in ad hominem attacks against me or anyone else.
Eh, you can't take it personally. A bit of name-calling is just how the local culture rolls. "Autistic faggot" isn't even an attack, it's just how people acknowledge each others' existence.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

BobT wrote: April 8th, 2024, 14:00
By your own text if I'd have "failed" I wouldn't still be here.
It doesn't matter, anyway.
So retarded he can't even understand the point. We love our pet bobts don't we folks?!

He's saying your behavior in response to our gatekeeping has (correctly) labelled you Enemy. The fact you're still allowed on the site is not evidence of failure to make that determination. It's a regrettable failing of our Glowie Overlord.

The Rusty's overwhelming love for every American is comfy and cute, it's true. But sometimes it leads to situations like allowing cum-guzzling cock-holsters like yourself to remain on the site. Something about "no rules being broken" or whatever the fuck. Christ willing, however, one fine day that mistake will be rectified in Minecraft.
Last edited by Kalarion on April 8th, 2024, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

gerey wrote: April 8th, 2024, 16:24
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 15:20
The lessons have been hard learned. But learned nonetheless. Thank you to everyone for being open to a noob like me.
Don't take what anyone here says to heart. As others have said, most of it is meant in jest, or done to get a rise out of people.
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 15:50
I always like adding non-Woke games, in particular the oldies so people who have never played them can go check them out.
A problem I foresee is the sheer volume of games that are not woke. The Steam library is massive - most of it is garbage, but even if we limit ourselves to popular titles, cult classics, hidden gems, personal recommendations et al, we're like to hit the triple digits very easily.

I'm not even sure if there is a limit to the number of titles you can add to a curated list.
Well, I'll keep growing the list until I hit the limit. Then I'll just make another one and call it part 2.

I started making this list because nothing like it exists as far as I could tell. Yeah it'll be big, that's the point.

Edit: I just checked Steam's automated curators and the action one has 1600+ titles so we can at least get up to 4 digits.
Last edited by Furin on April 8th, 2024, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Roguey wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:11
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 01:23
I'm thinking of listing Tyranny as not recomended with that specific social commentary, Sirin using they/them to refer to Kyros, and the existence of minor gay characters as examples of an overtly pro-LGBTQ+ message. Any additional thoughts?
Sirin doesn't use "they/them" just he or she.
The_Mask wrote: April 8th, 2024, 08:39
some dialogue between Eb and Sirin, where Eb is clearly an old, bisexual woman hinting on having a relationship with Sirin.
That is not woke, just coomer teasing. Literally says "you're far too young for me."
You sure? I could have sworn I saw a series of three images in the other thread each with Sirin using he, she, and they when referring to Kyros.

I'll have to go back and try to find it.

Edit: Oh, nvm I'm am idiot. The "they" in question is referring to an aforementioned group of people. I'll remove that from the review.
Last edited by Furin on April 8th, 2024, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Falksi

Post by Falksi »

gerey wrote: April 8th, 2024, 13:05
Falksi wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:54
That's all on the player and how they want to play, unless you're a degenerate you need never know of any wokeness in the game, and even if you're not it can sometimes just be a laugh to create something degenerate for shits and giggles anyway.
I think this is far too granular a distinction. Whether I encounter the woke content or not doesn't matter, since someone will, given enough permutations, and then he'll go to the Steam list and complain the game isn't listed.

A good compromise would be including the mention that the woke content is optional and/or avoidable?
Fair dinkum, good shout.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Fucking lol "enemy".
So it's ineffective, pointless and doesn't matter at all then. Like yourselves. :smug:
A problem I foresee is the sheer volume of games that are not woke. The Steam library is massive - most of it is garbage, but even if we limit ourselves to popular titles, cult classics, hidden gems, personal recommendations et al, we're like to hit the triple digits very easily.

I'm not even sure if there is a limit to the number of titles you can add to a curated list.
Agreed. Non-woke stuff is informed by ommission.
May as well just have it be the shit list and then if it's not on it and not new, it's fine.

OR simply put it on a separate list. Keeping them more concise would maintain usability.
Last edited by BobT on April 8th, 2024, 17:34, edited 2 times in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

BobT wrote: April 8th, 2024, 17:28

Agreed. Non-woke stuff is informed by ommission, or could simply go on a separate list.
May as well just have it be the shit list and then if it's not on it and not new, it's fine.
The problem with this approach is there are older games that have been changed retroactively.

Also, if a game isn't on the list it could still be Woke we just may not have gotten to it yet.

I'm not opposed to starting a second list for non-Woke games only and keeping the two separate however. That might work.

It'd just take a really long time to make at this point. That might be a little too much for me to handle by myself I'm afraid.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 17:35
The problem with this approach is there are older games that have been changed retroactively.
Live services games are especially terrible at this. Basically every old MMO has had libtard shit injected into it by the current developers.
BobT

Post by BobT »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 8th, 2024, 17:37
Live services games are especially terrible at this. Basically every old MMO has had libtard shit injected into it by the current developers.
Agreed. However with the ommission approach, when it gets changed, you add it!
As Rusty said live service games are always an inherent risk anyway.
Furin

Post by Furin »

BobT wrote: April 8th, 2024, 17:39
I'll admit that would definitely make things easier.

For context, there are 3 main reasons I decided to add non-Woke games to my list:

1. There is already a list of Woke games being put together by the group Woke and Censored Games Alert - there are a number of problems with this list however which is why I started my own

2. The curator allows you to filter games by recommended, informational, or not recommended so that helps find the type of game you want.

3. A game's store page displays the review so it is a quick way to show people what our group's consensus on that game is without having to search the list.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 17:45
BobT wrote: April 8th, 2024, 17:39

I'll admit that would definitely make things easier.

For context, there are 3 main reasons I decided to add non-Woke games to my list:

1. There is already a list of Woke games being put together by the group Woke and Censored Games Alert - there are a number of problems with this list however which is why I started my own

2. The curator allows you to filter games by recommended, informational, or not recommended so that helps find the type of game you want.

3. A game's store page displays the review so it is a quick way to show people what our group's consensus on that game is without having to search the list.
Good idea on the latter part. Just split it off if / when it becomes an issue then. :)
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Furin wrote: April 6th, 2024, 05:31
This is the full table for Woke Content Detector's curated list of games on Steam. I'll try to keep it as up-to-date as I can but don't be surprised if there are some inconsistencies.

If you like what we do, please share the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Woke_ ... 735110828/
We want people to come join our Steam group and follow our curator. The url above has the link to this page.
Hi Furin,
Welcome to the forum.
Your table is very comprehensive and it's a very nice reference list.

Baldur's gate 3 from the time Aylin shows up is so cramped with woke shit, I had to create a mod to remove all the lgbtq. I've counted at least 30 lgbtq+. Another guy here created a mod that removed 500+ out of place races that have no place crowding baldur's gate and making it look like modern california. Some of the mods on this site that addresses some of the identity politics:
► Show Spoiler

I was discussing this with a few people. They don't see what the pro LGBTQ messaging is. Futuristic (one world order) type of games having non whites in the game wouldn't be so abnormal either. Considering helldivers are... uh... canon fodders... even more reason to have a hodgepodge of races.

Personally, I think only LGBTQ filled crap is Siege of Dragonspear, an optional expansion for Baldur's gate 1. I think BG1 and BG2 even enhanced version can be considered "woke free" if you straight up ignore/murder the added companions. This is my bias perhaps, because the vanilla had no woke to begin with, I don't consider any of the "added" content as canon. There just isn't enough woke content in it for me to call these "not recommended".

Perhaps consider adding banner saga to the list. It's a woke free indie game based on scandanavian mythology. It a TRPG. I loved it.
Last edited by orinEsque on April 8th, 2024, 20:25, edited 4 times in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

orinEsque wrote: April 8th, 2024, 20:13
This is the full table for Woke Content Detector's curated list of games on Steam. I'll try to keep it as up-to-date as I can but don't be surprised if there are some inconsistencies.

If you like what we do, please share the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Woke_ ... 735110828/
We want people to come join our Steam group and follow our curator. The url above has the link to this page.
Hi Furin,
Welcome to the forum.
Your table is very comprehensive and it's a very nice reference list.

Baldur's gate 3 from the time Aylin shows up is so cramped with woke shit, I had to create a mod to remove all the lgbtq. I've counted at least 30 lgbtq+. Another guy here created a mod that removed 500+ out of place races that have no place crowding baldur's gate and making it look like modern california. Some of the mods on this site that addresses some of the identity politics:
► Show Spoiler

I was discussing this with a few people. They don't see what the pro LGBTQ messaging is. Futuristic (one world order) type of games having non whites in the game wouldn't be so abnormal either. Considering helldivers are... uh... canon fodders... even more reason to have a hodgepodge of races.

Personally, I think only LGBTQ filled crap is Siege of Dragonspear, an optional expansion for Baldur's gate 1. I think BG1 and BG2 even enhanced version can be considered "woke free" if you straight up ignore/murder the added companions. This is my bias perhaps, because the vanilla had no woke to begin with, I don't consider any of the "added" content as canon. There just isn't enough woke content in it for me to call these "not recommended".

Perhaps consider adding banner saga to the list. It's a woke free indie game based on scandanavian mythology. It a TRPG. I loved it.
Thanks for the feedback! You raise some good points here.

On Baldur's Gate 3, I'm aware of the many LGBTQ+ characters and interactions but I've hit the 200 character limit in the curator review and can't add any more information.

On Helldivers II, the LGBTQ+ messaging is because of the use of the word "body type" to refer to an ambiguously male vs female distinction (based on the voice options). I should probably rewrite that part to be a little more specific and say specifically there is no distinction between male and female other than voice options. The DEI-messaging comes mainly from the fact that there are only 3 npcs in the ship and they are all POC. Unless that has changed recently?

On Baldur's Gate 1, I understand Mizhena (the trans character) was only added in Siege of Dragonspear. However, our current methodology is to label all instances of trans characters "overtly pro-LGBTQ+" thus the "not recommended" review. I add this information in the review of the base game because dlcs don't show up in the curator. However, I will add the fact this content is in the Siege of Dragonspear dlc to the review so it is more clear.

I've added The Banner Saga to the list as recommended. I noticed there is a 2nd and 3rd installment. Would you recommend those as well?
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

One thing I want to know in terms of lists, are games that are woke, but... they have a level of mod support out there to remove most of it.

Would be nice to see a list of those games, and the mods that will fix them. Might even catch the interest of some who may want to mod the game themselves to fix various issues in ones that don't have mod support.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 23:49
The DEI-messaging comes mainly from the fact that there are only 3 npcs in the ship and they are all POC. Unless that has changed recently?
NPC appearance is randomized for each player when they first load into their ship and cannot be changed. Some are white, some are brown. I'm not sure what the exact chance to get a brown person is. They do literally nothing except idle dialogue.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Xenich wrote: April 8th, 2024, 23:54
One thing I want to know in terms of lists, are games that are woke, but... they have a level of mod support out there to remove most of it.

Would be nice to see a list of those games, and the mods that will fix them. Might even catch the interest of some who may want to mod the game themselves to fix various issues in ones that don't have mod support.
That's a really good point and definitely something I wish I had kept track of.

Sadly I don't think I could add that information to this list because of how large it has gotten, but what is possible is posting that information in a game discussion over on the Steam group.

I can then link to that game discussion using the curator's "full review" function. That was always the intent behind having game specific discussions there. If you take a look at some of the earliest reviews, you can see that function in place. I just stopped doing it because I didn't want what would now be 670+ empty discussion threads.

If I have time, I will try to start some of those myself too based on the information I have on hand. Such as the mods listed by @orinEsque
Furin

Post by Furin »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 8th, 2024, 23:59
The DEI-messaging comes mainly from the fact that there are only 3 npcs in the ship and they are all POC. Unless that has changed recently?
NPC appearance is randomized for each player when they first load into their ship and cannot be changed. Some are white, some are brown. I'm not sure what the exact chance to get a brown person is. They do literally nothing except idle dialogue.
In that case, I will remove that from the review. I was under the impression it was the same 3 npcs for every player.

Thanks for the clarification!

Edit: As a result of that omission, the review has also been changed from "not recommended" to "informational"
Last edited by Furin on April 9th, 2024, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Furin wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:06
In that case, I will remove that from the review. I was under the impression it was the same 3 npcs for every player.

Got curious and I jumped into 10 ships to see what the breakdown actually is

The Ship Master is always the same brown woman.
The Service Technician can have the same model as above but wearing a hat, a brown Asian woman, or an African woman.
The Democracy Officer can be a white or black man with a few eyepatch variants. 7/10 were white.
Names are randomized and voices are always the same.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:40

The Service Technician can have the same model as above but wearing a hat, a brown Asian woman, or an African woman.
The Democracy Officer can be a white or black man with a few eyepatch variants. 7/10 were white.
Names are randomized and voices are always the same.
Thanks for the details. Based on that information, I could put it as subtly pro-DEI, based on the seemingly constant presence of black/asian characters.

That's similar to what was there before just 2/3 instead of 3/3.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
On Baldur's Gate 1, I understand Mizhena (the trans character) was only added in Siege of Dragonspear. However, our current methodology is to label all instances of trans characters "overtly pro-LGBTQ+" thus the "not recommended" review. I add this information in the review of the base game because dlcs don't show up in the curator. However, I will add the fact this content is in the Siege of Dragonspear dlc to the review so it is more clear.
Mizhena is a minor, insanely minor shopkeeper in that Siege of Dragonspear [disgusting fanfiction]. I don't think this qualifies Baldur's gate 1 and 2 as woke.
I've added The Banner Saga to the list as recommended. I noticed there is a 2nd and 3rd installment. Would you recommend those as well?
100% recommended. No woke.

Furin wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:05
If I have time, I will try to start some of those myself too based on the information I have on hand. Such as the mods listed by @orinEsque
If you would like a more comprehensive list. let me know. There are a lot more than I listed here.
Last edited by orinEsque on April 9th, 2024, 01:07, edited 3 times in total.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Firaxis Games, Aspyr (Mac), Aspyr (Linux) 2K, Aspyr (Mac), Aspyr (Linux) Recommended Contains no Woke content.
Sid Meier’s Civilization V Firaxis Games, Aspyr (Mac), Aspyr (Linux) 2K, Aspyr (Mac), Aspyr (Linux) Recommended Contains no Woke content.
Wrong. Both contain violent butt raping of the Civilization formula (SO fag content). Also Civ VI elevate largely inconsequential women to faction leaders simply because vagina. Both games are trash and shouldn't be played by anyone.
Last edited by Eyestabber on April 9th, 2024, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Siege of Dragonspear is an expansion that is bought separate of BG1 (I have BG1 bought but not Siege of Dragonspear for example) and whose completion is entirely optional to the story (you can import your character from BG1 to BG2 without having done any of SoD). It's obvious that it should count as a separate game, not included in BG1.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I agree with the Helldivers categorization!
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Furin wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:46
Thanks for the details. Based on that information, I could put it as subtly pro-DEI, based on the seemingly constant presence of black/asian characters.

Given that they are supposed to be assorted people of Super-Earth, I wouldn't read too much into it. I wouldn't call it DEI if I encounter people where I'd expect to encounter them. It's only so when they are crudely shoehorned into a place where they clearly don't belong without any apparent reason or acknowledgement. A game full of brown people set in brown-land isn't a DEI game, it's just a brownland game.
Anon

Post by Anon »

orinEsque wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:58
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
If that's true, I hope they are firing their community manager that has offended the white population soon...
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

I don't think that's fair personally. It's one-world order. So the entirely of earth is one nation. if you sampled a single person from earth, you are more likely to get a black / asian / brown rather than white. It's also futuristic, so races won't have the same meaning. I don't think it's promoting DEI but sticking to cyberpunk conventions.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Norfleet wrote: April 9th, 2024, 01:11

Given that they are supposed to be assorted people of Super-Earth, I wouldn't read too much into it. I wouldn't call it DEI if I encounter people where I'd expect to encounter them. It's only so when they are crudely shoehorned into a place where they clearly don't belong without any apparent reason or acknowledgement. A game full of brown people set in brown-land isn't a DEI game, it's just a brownland game.
I was of that mind, however I'd only accept that if all THREE positions had fully randomised races. If 2/3 are always non-white then that's not right.
I'll let them off with the voices though, unless they use AI it wouldn't be worth re-recording everything just for that.
I'd also let them off with the (at least it's this way around for once) white male / black woman pairing in the intro, considering the one-world-government setting. (As long as no pandering) races would naturally be mixed and not be as much of a thing, if Aliens existed. It would be "humans vs aliens".

So I'd give them a minor rating, due to the "Body Type" newspeak and 2/3 non-white NPCs for no reason. Unless there's any overt "pandering" beyond that, minor is alright to flag some-woke.
Last edited by BobT on April 9th, 2024, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:40

...uh huh... called it!
Rand

Post by Rand »

BobT wrote: April 9th, 2024, 02:23
...if Aliens existed. It would be "humans vs aliens".
Given the way things are, I'd expect human vs. human vs. human vs. human vs. aliens.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Edit: As a result of that omission, the review has also been changed from "not recommended" to "informational"
I get where you're coming from - but I would say 'Body Type' is clear woke, and should always be "not recommended".

Until they stop adding this disgusting new speak, a game cannot be free of overtly LGBTQ+ messaging.