We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Woke Content Detector's Curated List of Games

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

I'm an autistic gamer, that's right I'm autistic. Don't ad hominem me you silly boys.
I can't believe this guy is real and talks like this. For the record his list is great and I'd recommend people subscribe to it.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:17
Acrux wrote: April 8th, 2024, 01:56
You really aren't trying to fit into our culture at all, are you? I don't care if you ignore me.
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 01:47
Or would you like to actually add something of value to the discussion here?
Nah. It's cool that you want to put this list together. I think it's weird that you explicitly restrict people from copying it or linking to it here or that you come here and lecture us about our site's culture.

I also think you come across as extremely self-important. If you're planning on being a culture warrior, you'd better get a thicker skin.
Thank you for the feedback.

When exactly did I lecture anyone about the site's culture? Aren't you generalizing just a little there? Your first interaction with me here was to denigrate me. Is that the culture you're talking about? A culture where you bully and denigrate someone new?

I've already had some nice and productive conversations with multiple people, yet you blame me for being the problem? You haven't tried interacting with me in a positive way at all.
It's dey cultcha. That's literally the argument. :roll:

Also the 50 IQers don't understand that there's more ways to contribute to civilisation than outright keyboard warrioring or trying "to own the libs".
Preservation of the last dregs of our remaining culture / resources, or building informational or practical repositories (what you're doing) are also just as important. Thanks to both yourself and @twig for these repositories of information, so that we may entertain ourselves now and at the other side, and guide our children away from that which would harm them. Happy that you're actually doing something rather than sat complaining on a forum lol. Please continue.
Last edited by BobT on April 8th, 2024, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

To anyone who I have upset, I am sorry. I didn't mean to grandstand or criticize how you guys do things here.

I'm new here so I'm still learning and figuring out how you guys do things. My bad for being presumptuous.

I'll clear my ignore list and learn to move how you guys move.

Yes fine call me autistic. Thanks for that too I guess.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

People don't like social parasites, so if you're only here to bolster your group you aren't going to have a good time here.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Tweed wrote: April 8th, 2024, 03:20
People don't like social parasites, so if you're only here to bolster your group you aren't going to have a good time here.
Yet his group / list and the improvement of that (via additional feedback from places such as this) is something that benefits us, is it not? Give and take, Tweed.
I haven't seen him go elsewhere in the forum and ask to "change" anything. The man just wants to get on with his work.
Last edited by BobT on April 8th, 2024, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 03:20
To anyone who I have upset, I am sorry. I didn't mean to grandstand or criticize how you guys do things here.

I'm new here so I'm still learning and figuring out how you guys do things. My bad for being presumptuous.

'autism' is frequently used as a term of endearment, not an insult.
Furin

Post by Furin »

I understand. I'm not trying to be a social parasite. I'm sorry if that is how it seems.

Rusty invited me here. So I am here. I engaged in discussion with those who commented and things have progressed to here.

If you consider me a social parasite, that's fine. I just want to have a productive conversation with those that come and comment.
BobT

Post by BobT »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 8th, 2024, 03:23
:heart:

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BobT on April 8th, 2024, 03:54, edited 3 times in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 8th, 2024, 03:23
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 03:20

That one never really bothered me (still doesn't really). I actually commented a bit of a funny reply myself.

It was all the other stuff. I'm learning to accept that too, I just wasn't expecting it.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 03:25
I just want to have a productive conversation with those that come and comment.
Consider it a bit of hazing, and a bit of gatekeeping. It helps to keep away people who want to twist things here to their own ends and at the same time helps bond those who "get" what this place is about. It's not for everyone, but you'd be surprised at how effective it is.

@BobT is someone who didn't pass the ritual.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Acrux wrote: April 8th, 2024, 03:29
Consider it a bit of hazing, and a bit of gatekeeping. It helps to keep away people who want to twist things here to their own ends and at the same time helps bond those who "get" what this place is about. It's not for everyone, but you'd be surprised at how effective it is.

Yeah, I get that now. Thanks for admitting me to the school of hard knocks.

I'm sorry if I came across as a pompous prick.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

I tried to get him added to the homo list.
BobT

Post by BobT »

If that's true then that proves that your ritual doesn't work, on top of being childish and gay. :lol:
It also needs better targeting...
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 03:31
Yeah, I get that now. Thanks for admitting me to the school of hard knocks.

I'm sorry if I came across as a pompous prick.
Don't worry about it mate, your autism on this topic is appreciated. Continue on with your work and ignore the irrelevant shit (via the function or otherwise).

As mentioned, your work is something that will benefit almost everyone here. I like lists such as this that also state the why, rather than just the what. It's also good to know what games can be fixed by mods (we have a few topics on that, such as ones that list games that have had pronouns removed, etc. Have a search).

All day every day we complain about games "all being shit these days" etc. While it's unfortunate that lists such as these sort of prove that as true, it does help us identify the few gems in the pile of shit. Entertainment is an important part of life so it's good to focus on what we find entertaining.
Fortunately the fucking idiot woke cunts are being pretty open about everything these days, so that helps to avoid such crap, too.

The support functions in war are just as important to the whole effort as the actual warriors.. One cannot win without the other. This is indeed doing something, too.
Last edited by BobT on April 8th, 2024, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Furin wrote: April 7th, 2024, 19:56
Edit: No response? Funny how I'm the one trying to be reasonable and you simply refuse to listen to my viewpoint. Yet I'm the one deserving of name-calling huh?
Like I said, we have some hard-nosed humor and some trolling. The comments you are responding to with the above are trolling.
Don't feed the trolls, they just get stronger. Either troll back, upping the ante, or ignore that shit.
Last edited by Rand on April 8th, 2024, 04:15, edited 2 times in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

I understand. I'm not trying to be a social parasite. I'm sorry if that is how it seems.

Rusty invited me here. So I am here. I engaged in discussion with those who commented and things have progressed to here.

If you consider me a social parasite, that's fine. I just want to have a productive conversation with those that come and comment.
Nobody thinks that. It's just more trolling.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

BobT wrote: April 8th, 2024, 03:40
If that's true then that proves that your ritual doesn't work
Huh? I'm a big proponent of the friend-enemy distinction, and I've found that what we do here works extremely well in sussing that out.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Irenaeus wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:26
You're going to be called nazi by the woke left, they've gone bananas.
No one else may have the STONES to say it, but I will: I think this bit is funny.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 01:23
I'm thinking of listing Tyranny as not recomended with that specific social commentary, Sirin using they/them to refer to Kyros, and the existence of minor gay characters as examples of an overtly pro-LGBTQ+ message. Any additional thoughts?
Kyros' gender is supposed to be vague on purpose. It's the idea that a tyrant is a tyrant, no matter the gender. And it is implied Kyros is the Archon of Tyranny.

The part that might be another false flag is some of Eb's lines if you choose to go with the Tidecaster stuff. Eb tends to lean a lot into dominatrix stuff with that, which is degenerate, but... no exactly anything in line with the alphabet mafia.

The part(s) that are woke in Tyranny is where it is implied that women are the captains at sea because "they are more in tune with the moons", and some dialogue between Eb and Sirin, where Eb is clearly an old, bisexual woman hinting on having a relationship with Sirin.

Sirin is supposed to be underaged, too, by the way.

I wish I could provide screenshots for my claims, but I think push comes to shove other people can confirm.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 01:23
I'm thinking of listing Tyranny as not recomended with that specific social commentary, Sirin using they/them to refer to Kyros, and the existence of minor gay characters as examples of an overtly pro-LGBTQ+ message. Any additional thoughts?
Sirin doesn't use "they/them" just he or she.
The_Mask wrote: April 8th, 2024, 08:39
some dialogue between Eb and Sirin, where Eb is clearly an old, bisexual woman hinting on having a relationship with Sirin.
That is not woke, just coomer teasing. Literally says "you're far too young for me."
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled non woke game?
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:27
So how is my following his suggestion somehow going against the culture here?
Your first mistake was listening to Rusty.

The expectation here is that you give as good as you take. If someone calls you an idiot, you call him a retard in turn, if they use a racial slur, you return in kind, if they are a commie, you try to bully them into suicide, if they call you a Nazi, you thank the user for the compliment.

The ability to separate ad hominems from the actual argument is important.

EDIT:

To further expand, and apologies if I guessed wrong - but you are either too young to have been on the internet before it become a series of walled gardens, or have only been around communities where conduct is heavily moderated and muzzled because the jannies are either powertripping faggots or too afraid of upsetting anyone and allowing users to freely communicate with each other.

In my experience communities that don't let users call each other "nigger" and demand everyone be "nice" to each other, are some of the most hostile, passive-aggressive and miserable shitholes you could possibly land in. Everyone is walking around on eggshells, afraid to share even the mildest disagreement for fear of upsetting some mentally ill troon or oversensitive sodomite and getting banned and/or harassed by the lynch mob.

Insults matter, racial slurs matter - not just because they are a good gauge of how free you are to express whatever opinions you hold, but also the quality of discussion you are likely to have in such a community. If the userbase isn't going to lose their minds when I call someone a kike, then there's a good chance they will have enough maturity to look at my arguments objectively and initiate a fruitful discussion.
Last edited by gerey on April 8th, 2024, 11:14, edited 4 times in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

gerey wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:44
If the userbase isn't going to lose their minds when I call someone a kike, then there's a good chance they will have enough maturity to look at my arguments objectively and initiate a fruitful discussion.
It's the great filter.

If they blow a fuse at seeing 'Nigger' or 'Faggot' they aren't really worth trying to talk to, since you'll get nowhere with them because they are too compromised.

As far as being civil, you only need to go as far as is necessary to avoid being banned by Steam or w/e other platform you're using. I wouldn't worry about what the American Left thinks about anything, since you cannot win with them. Just call them troons and they'll go commit suicide probably.
Falksi

Post by Falksi »

This is a noble endeavor, but including games which have woke in character creation devalues it IMO. That's all on the player and how they want to play, unless you're a degenerate you need never know of any wokeness in the game, and even if you're not it can sometimes just be a laugh to create something degenerate for shits and giggles anyway.

Also, no Phantasy Star on the entire list discredits it big time. An absolute brilliant staple series, which managers to mesh CRPGs/Blobbers with JRPGs brilliantly for the time, and which was way ahead of every other JRPG of the same time frame too. It's inclusion as a none-woke series (the first 4 entries) is a must.

I mean, Phantasy Star 3 has all these characters available...

....and there's not a single ethnic minority included.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Falksi wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:54
That's all on the player and how they want to play, unless you're a degenerate you need never know of any wokeness in the game, and even if you're not it can sometimes just be a laugh to create something degenerate for shits and giggles anyway.
I think this is far too granular a distinction. Whether I encounter the woke content or not doesn't matter, since someone will, given enough permutations, and then he'll go to the Steam list and complain the game isn't listed.

A good compromise would be including the mention that the woke content is optional and/or avoidable?
BobT

Post by BobT »

Acrux wrote: April 8th, 2024, 05:31
Huh? I'm a big proponent of the friend-enemy distinction, and I've found that what we do here works extremely well in sussing that out.
By your own text if I'd have "failed" I wouldn't still be here. :lol:
It doesn't matter, anyway.

Regarding woke on character creation, that's still woke, and we shouldn't be accepting ANY newspeak of any kind, such as "Body types" etc. Unless it's purely due to lore / non-human reasons.
Fine with it being given a "minor" score though and a mention, if it's JUST that.
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

Thank you for compiling this list more information is always a good thing.

As Gerey said forced politeness does not lead to a friendlier community but instead a more fearful and angry one. When someone is polite and there is nothing compelling that civility this truly genuine interaction is infinitely more valuable than the fake respect you will find enforced elsewhere.
Furin

Post by Furin »

gerey wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:44
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 02:27
So how is my following his suggestion somehow going against the culture here?
Your first mistake was listening to Rusty.

The expectation here is that you give as good as you take. If someone calls you an idiot, you call him a retard in turn, if they use a racial slur, you return in kind, if they are a commie, you try to bully them into suicide, if they call you a Nazi, you thank the user for the compliment.

The ability to separate ad hominems from the actual argument is important.

EDIT:

To further expand, and apologies if I guessed wrong - but you are either too young to have been on the internet before it become a series of walled gardens, or have only been around communities where conduct is heavily moderated and muzzled because the jannies are either powertripping faggots or too afraid of upsetting anyone and allowing users to freely communicate with each other.

In my experience communities that don't let users call each other "nigger" and demand everyone be "nice" to each other, are some of the most hostile, passive-aggressive and miserable shitholes you could possibly land in. Everyone is walking around on eggshells, afraid to share even the mildest disagreement for fear of upsetting some mentally ill troon or oversensitive sodomite and getting banned and/or harassed by the lynch mob.

Insults matter, racial slurs matter - not just because they are a good gauge of how free you are to express whatever opinions you hold, but also the quality of discussion you are likely to have in such a community. If the userbase isn't going to lose their minds when I call someone a kike, then there's a good chance they will have enough maturity to look at my arguments objectively and initiate a fruitful discussion.
Your guess is correct, the latter scenario is the case. I would guess I'm around the same age as a lot of you, but my personal/professional life has kept me away from interacting on the internet in this type of capacity until recently.

This forum is the first one I've ever interacted on so I'm still learning the ropes and I can appreciate a lot of the experience and knowledge conveyed by all of you here.

The lessons have been hard learned. But learned nonetheless. Thank you to everyone for being open to a noob like me.
Last edited by Furin on April 8th, 2024, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

BobT wrote: April 8th, 2024, 14:00
Acrux wrote: April 8th, 2024, 05:31
By your own text if I'd have "failed" I wouldn't still be here. :lol:
It doesn't matter, anyway.

Regarding woke on character creation, that's still woke, and we shouldn't be accepting ANY newspeak of any kind, such as "Body types" etc. Unless it's purely due to lore / non-human reasons.
Fine with it being given a "minor" score though and a mention, if it's JUST that.
This seems to be something not all of us are going to agree on, but I've come to accept this position in particular as the best one. Hence why I changed the games for which it applied.

A good example of body types being ok for lore/non-human reasons would be No Man's Sky.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Falksi wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:54
This is a noble endeavor, but including games which have woke in character creation devalues it IMO. That's all on the player and how they want to play, unless you're a degenerate you need never know of any wokeness in the game, and even if you're not it can sometimes just be a laugh to create something degenerate for shits and giggles anyway.

Also, no Phantasy Star on the entire list discredits it big time. An absolute brilliant staple series, which managers to mesh CRPGs/Blobbers with JRPGs brilliantly for the time, and which was way ahead of every other JRPG of the same time frame too. It's inclusion as a none-woke series (the first 4 entries) is a must.

I mean, Phantasy Star 3 has all these characters available...

....and there's not a single ethnic minority included.
I don't see the first one in the Steam store only II, III, and IV. I will add those as recommended. Thanks for the suggestions!

I always like adding non-Woke games, in particular the oldies so people who have never played them can go check them out.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 15:20
The lessons have been hard learned. But learned nonetheless. Thank you to everyone for being open to a noob like me.
Don't take what anyone here says to heart. As others have said, most of it is meant in jest, or done to get a rise out of people.
Furin wrote: April 8th, 2024, 15:50
I always like adding non-Woke games, in particular the oldies so people who have never played them can go check them out.
A problem I foresee is the sheer volume of games that are not woke. The Steam library is massive - most of it is garbage, but even if we limit ourselves to popular titles, cult classics, hidden gems, personal recommendations et al, we're like to hit the triple digits very easily.

I'm not even sure if there is a limit to the number of titles you can add to a curated list.