We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Woke Content Detector's Curated List of Games

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Furin wrote: April 6th, 2024, 05:31
Update: after many hours of grinding like the autistic tryhard I am, the table has reached LV 2.

Now featuring release years!

Perhaps a kindly wizard can help me get to LV 3? @rusty_shackleford
I looked into a pool of my own sweat and saw ... a vision of a table with column sorting/filter options!?

On a more serious note, is this possible? It would greatly enhance the table's usability.
I moved this post to the third post slot.
nyxnyx

Post by nyxnyx »

Regarding Mass Effect, I think the whole Asari pronouns thing was an Andromeda retcon that was awkwardly shoehorned through some ambient dialogue - AFAIK they always used female pronouns in the original trilogy.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

nyxnyx wrote: April 24th, 2024, 15:53
Regarding Mass Effect, I think the whole Asari pronouns thing was an Andromeda retcon that was awkwardly shoehorned through some ambient dialogue - AFAIK they always used female pronouns in the original trilogy.
Correct. Andromeda had a retarded side dialogue (easily avoided, thankfully) between an Angara and Asari, where they were relating to each other's culture by talking about different gender identities their people have (e.g. made-up ones). There was this and the tranny whose life story you could avoid asking for. Obviously there for the brownie points from the cringiest part of the fan base but tucked away enough to avoid annoying normal people.
Edit: Fixed wonky phrasing.
Last edited by Envergence on April 24th, 2024, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Envergence wrote: April 24th, 2024, 18:44
Correct. Andromeda had a retarded side dialogue (easily avoided, thankfully) between an Angara and Asari, where they were relating to each other's culture by talking about different gender identities their people have (e.g. made-up ones). There was this and the tranny whose life story you could avoid asking for. Obviously there for the brownie points from the cringiest part of the fan base but tucked away enough to avoid annoying normal people.
Thanks for the information!

I've updated all 4 Mass Effect reviews.
Furin

Post by Furin »

4/24/2024 Update: Autism strikes again! The list has reached LV 3.

Now featuring color coding similar to Steam's review type colors.
Last edited by Furin on April 25th, 2024, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

The what? I played original mass effect 1 and 2 this year, there wasn't any asari pronouns. What are you talking about?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 03:52
Furin wrote: April 6th, 2024, 05:31
Update: after many hours of grinding like the autistic tryhard I am, the table has reached LV 2.

Now featuring release years!

Perhaps a kindly wizard can help me get to LV 3? @rusty_shackleford
I looked into a pool of my own sweat and saw ... a vision of a table with column sorting/filter options!?

On a more serious note, is this possible? It would greatly enhance the table's usability.
I moved this post to the third post slot.
oh, I completely misread and thought you needed a third post, sorry @Furin :oops:
I must have been tired at the time
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 25th, 2024, 04:42
The what? I played original mass effect 1 and 2 this year, there wasn't any asari pronouns. What are you talking about?
Asari are just referred to as women in the original games to the best of my recollection.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

@Furin added improved table support, I'll improve it more in the future. Let me know if it's missing anything.
Furin

Post by Furin »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 25th, 2024, 08:31
@Furin added improved table support, I'll improve it more in the future. Let me know if it's missing anything.
Thanks! It's already looking better.

I can think of two additional features that would be nice for the future:
1. Eliminating the post character limit so the table can be consolidated into one post (making the search and sort options more comprehensive)
2. The ability to select a specific letter/developer/publisher to sort by rather than just A-Z or Z-A.
Last edited by Furin on April 26th, 2024, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Furin wrote: April 25th, 2024, 18:37
1. Eliminating the post character limit so the table can be consolidated into one post (making the search and sort options more comprehensive)
Going to think on this for a bit, a very large portion of the database is just edit history, even with pruning revisions. Probably going to see how hard it would be to convert it to use a delta patch format instead of storing each revision individually, or perhaps some sort of table(database table) compression.
Not singling you out personally, we have a few threads like this with very large posts that get edited a lot.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 25th, 2024, 18:45, edited 2 times in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Furin wrote: April 25th, 2024, 18:37
2. The ability to select a specific letter/developer/publisher to sort by rather than just A-Z or Z-A.
Just a thought, perhaps having a search bar for each column could accomplish this?

On the other hand, the existing search bar already kind of does this so maybe it's fine as is.

Edit: Thinking about it more, I think the current search function accomplishes this adequately enough. You can disregard this suggestion. @rusty_shackleford
Last edited by Furin on April 26th, 2024, 01:39, edited 4 times in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

I don't understand how the body type thing is more overt than having minor gay characters.
Furin

Post by Furin »

ArcaneLurker wrote: April 27th, 2024, 13:50
I don't understand how the body type thing is more overt than having minor gay characters.
Initially, it wasn't. It was considered subtle just like having minor gay characters. However, after feedback from multiple people here, I made the change.
TKVNC wrote: April 7th, 2024, 18:15
Furin wrote: April 7th, 2024, 18:11
However, it still seems more subtle
It might 'seem' more subtle, but anything with a 'body type' option, as opposed to simply Male or Female, is blatantly woke - and should be regarded as such. This is not something like occasional homosexuality in a game, or other deviancy, or perhaps niggers where they shouldn't be, etc. This is a flagrant, and obvious expression of their attempt to steal and contrive language - it should be marked as such at all times.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 25th, 2024, 06:46
Asari are just referred to as women in the original games to the best of my recollection.
Envergence wrote: April 24th, 2024, 18:44
Matriarch beneziah or whatever her name was in the first game, major character, definitely considered woman.
Last edited by Mondain on April 28th, 2024, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

I could not get out of my head that South Park was in the list and that it would say that "non-binary is alright", so I scoured about and found this video that shows all the options

Robbaz did the stream (linked below) on it and the game seems very humorous and not taking the idea seriously while keeping it open to interpretation enough to have "allies" be head over heels about the representation (can see many such talks in the comments of the video above), but I still do not understand if this game is just parody like I hope or if it truly is corrupted by these things too it truly just seems they are poking fun at everyone as they usually do, but, again, I am too dense to say for sure :sad:
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Seems the "Woke Content Detector" list on steam is hit and miss on the major search engines. I saw that steam is filtering it, noticed Brave search blocks it for the steam link, but still shows up for RPGHQ's link. If you use the AI in brave, it will give you the link, but not in the search results.

Google does the same, showing some RPGHQ links, but doesn't show the steam link.

Duckduckgo still has a direct link to the list, though it is down the page a little.

Not sure if this is a fluke, but the comment about it being hidden on steam made me suspicious.

Anyway, this may become an issue as the list gets larger and more organized depending on how much traffic it gets.

It is odd that RPGHQ shows up though, you would think with the heat the site gets that it would be removed from the links as well, though it may in time.
Anon

Post by Anon »

RPGHQ is still under the radar, apparently not in some places though according to Rusty
Last edited by Anon on April 29th, 2024, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Xenich wrote: April 29th, 2024, 14:38
Seems the "Woke Content Detector" list on steam is hit and miss on the major search engines. I saw that steam is filtering it, noticed Brave search blocks it for the steam link, but still shows up for RPGHQ's link. If you use the AI in brave, it will give you the link, but not in the search results.

Google does the same, showing some RPGHQ links, but doesn't show the steam link.

Duckduckgo still has a direct link to the list, though it is down the page a little.

Not sure if this is a fluke, but the comment about it being hidden on steam made me suspicious.

Anyway, this may become an issue as the list gets larger and more organized depending on how much traffic it gets.

It is odd that RPGHQ shows up though, you would think with the heat the site gets that it would be removed from the links as well, though it may in time.
On Bing the top three results are the Steam curator list, group and discussion thread followed by some random preddit thread about how to find out if games are woke. RPGHQ is the 5th result.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

I've long suspected we're penalized on search engines due to the content available on the site.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 29th, 2024, 14:49
I've long suspected we're penalized on search engines due to the content available on the site.
I question this, searching for "rpghq" gives this forum as first result in most (if not all) countries. The same doesn't happen with "stormfront" for example.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: April 29th, 2024, 14:55
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 29th, 2024, 14:49
I question this, searching for "rpghq" gives this forum as first result in most (if not all) countries. The same doesn't happen with "stormfront" for example.
We used to not show up on google at all at one point, I think I was having this discussion with … @Shillitron maybe?
I've made a lot of changes to help us get out of the gutter. For example, nothing in the off-topic area gets indexed at all.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 29th, 2024, 14:57
I think I was having this discussion with … @Shillitron maybe?
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Furin

Post by Furin »

@rusty_shackleford Randomly came across this game while researching and thought you might get a laugh out of it. :heart:

Anon

Post by Anon »

Furin wrote: April 29th, 2024, 21:53
@rusty_shackleford Randomly came across this game while researching and thought you might get a laugh out of it. :heart:

After he finally accepts the jew and CIA money
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

I don't think Palworld deserves to be on the list just because of the "body type" thing. Have you heard what the devs apparently said about why it's there? "Americans sometimes like to make ugly characters" was their explanation.
Kowe

Post by Kowe »

Looked up the list and found Half-Life 1 & 2 recommended. Hmm, is the first really not woke ? Half-Life 1 looks more as an offender in terms of quota than Half-Life 2. There are lots of black scientists scattered over the game, which is unrealistic. Half-Life 2 has Eli and lots of resistance fighters and civilians which have darker skin tones. That is more believable.
While not as overt as post-2010s in their propaganda, video games and movies had some in the previous decades.

The Resident Evil games should be under Recommended, by the way. Don't think they had any kind of overt woke content if any at all, but maybe I missed something.