We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

More bad news for Star Wars fans...

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

The cool thing about Star Wars is that if something good miraculously gets released now it's forever trapped in the void of Disney Canon and can never be connected to the good stuff of yore
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Statesman wrote: April 8th, 2024, 14:54
Have Star Wars fans had any good news since 2012?
I like Cal Kestis :) I have not played the second game
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 9th, 2024, 20:35
Is that the ging from the game where combat feels like dark souls with baseball bats and one of your teammates is that ugly negress they put in everything?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: April 9th, 2024, 20:51
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 9th, 2024, 20:35
Is that the ging from the game where combat feels like dark souls with baseball bats and one of your teammates is that ugly negress they put in everything?
Yeah, it rules. I love opening where he's a welder in an Imperial scrap yard while my favorite Mongolian throat singing band is playing. Most Star Warsy scene I've seen in a very long time. Cool character design too.

maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Yes, my favorite part is where he's welding without a mask or goggles.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

maidenhaver wrote: April 9th, 2024, 21:02
It's a reference to Luke closing his eyes during the Death Star run
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

jedi fallen order is proof that if you just make an average game with a white male main character, no performance issues, no overt libtardness, and don't attack your customers you can make a billion dollars in a year from it.

it's one of those counterexamples against bulslhit like "they're doing it for ESG money!"
no,they're doing it because they're ideologues who don't care about money and are willing to sacrifice profit & success to push propaganda

people have been conditioned for so long to 'follow the money' and other bullshit that they can't begin to understand the mindset of libtards
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 9th, 2024, 21:28, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vergil wrote: April 9th, 2024, 21:38
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 9th, 2024, 21:27
no overt libtardness
muhfugga say what?
she's used in one promo screenshot and is essentially a side character from what I played
i.e. covert
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

maidenhaver wrote: April 9th, 2024, 21:02
He has a mask on. As for eyes, star wars is fantasy therefore a wizard did it. And cal is a (space) wizard.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

The real problem with Fallen Order is that it has Souls-like mechanics for no good reason other than they are popular.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

What happened in 2012?
Rand

Post by Rand »

Norfleet wrote: April 10th, 2024, 19:20
What happened in 2012?
Disney and Kathleen Kennedy happened.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Yes, but what was the good news of 2012 that you're measuring "since" from?
Rand

Post by Rand »

Norfleet wrote: April 10th, 2024, 22:17
Yes, but what was the good news of 2012 that you're measuring "since" from?
There was none. That was the final sledgehammer blow to the head that killed real Star Wars and then Disney had J.J. Abrams raise the zombie corpse to dance unpleasantly for passers-by.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Bottom left seems a likely candidate for crypto right wing tbh
Leftists are right that dog whistles exist. They just go around trying to find them not realizing by their nature they can't hear them.
Last edited by Mondain on April 10th, 2024, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Statesman

Post by Statesman »

muhfugga say what?
Wew...makes me want to learn how to mod Fallen Order/Jedi Survivor (even though I don't plan on playing those games).
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Statesman wrote: April 11th, 2024, 04:51
muhfugga say what?
Wew...makes me want to learn how to mod Fallen Order/Jedi Survivor (even though I don't plan on playing those games).
She's a minor character, didn't find her annoying. But I also didn't finish the game, so…
Tbh I have nothing against the actress, I just hate that they keep using her over and over. She doesn't seem to have made any public political statements(?), and has no social media profile at all. I'm sure she's a nice lady.
…. Probably.
I don't find black women attractive so it's not like I have an opinion on her being ugly :heart:
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 11th, 2024, 05:07, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 11th, 2024, 05:03
Statesman wrote: April 11th, 2024, 04:51
muhfugga say what?
She's a minor character, didn't find her annoying. But I also didn't finish the game, so…
Tbh I have nothing against the actress, I just hate that they keep using her over and over. She doesn't seem to have made any public political statements(?), and has no social media profile at all. I'm sure she's a nice lady.
…. Probably.
I don't find black women attractive so it's not like I have an opinion on her being ugly :heart:
Digging into it a bit, she just seems to be an actress who likes work. I'll throw the blame at the feet of companies who insist upon BLACKing up their games over her. She claimed to not even have anything to do with them making the video game characters use her likeness, they chose to do it.

Absolutely hate the trend of facescanning characters btw
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 11th, 2024, 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
Statesman

Post by Statesman »

…. Probably.
All I know are two Vader-related spoilers that were enough to put off the whole character. But yeah, don't hate the actress; she's probably easy to work with. Like you, I'm just tired of seeing her everywhere. Rather see someone more aesthetically pleasing, companies seem to have forgotten that games are supposed to fantasy. If I wanted to see "real" people I'd play Real LifeTM. Recognizable faces just break my immersion.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Statesman wrote: April 11th, 2024, 05:22
…. Probably.
All I know are two Vader-related spoilers that were enough to put off the whole character. But yeah, don't hate the actress; she's probably easy to work with. Like you, I'm just tired of seeing her everywhere. Rather see someone more aesthetically pleasing, companies seem to have forgotten that games are supposed to fantasy. If I wanted to see "real" people I'd play Real LifeTM. Recognizable faces just break my immersion.
Vader is very cool in this game and the scene you're thinking of is entirely intentional on his part
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 11th, 2024, 05:14
It can work. Capcom used IRL models for their characters back in the mid-00s and it was great. Naturally, back then they not only selected the most appropriate model for the character, but also tweaked said model to make the character look even better. As an example, compare the Jill model from that era to her IRL counterpart.

Also, I'll never forgive them for picking the ugly cunt they have now instead of the actress that played Jill in the movie.
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 11th, 2024, 05:35
Vader is very cool in this game and the scene you're thinking of is entirely intentional on his part
Vader has become the defacto punching bag of the franchise, much like Worf is in Star Trek. Want to show the audience someone is strong? Just have him defeat Vader/Worf.

I genuinely hate this - Vader should be an unstoppable juggernaut, the only outcome of fighting him should be death. Instead, we're presented with a conga line of girlbosses dunking on him.
Last edited by gerey on April 11th, 2024, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

gerey wrote: April 11th, 2024, 09:47
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 11th, 2024, 05:35
Vader has become the defacto punching bag of the franchise, much like Worf is in Star Trek. Want to show the audience someone is strong? Just have him defeat Vader/Worf.

I genuinely hate this - Vader should be an unstoppable juggernaut, the only outcome of fighting him should be death. Instead, we're presented with a conga line of girlbosses dunking on him.
In Fallen Order He executes the final boss after you beat her, defeats Debra Wilson with a literal flick of the wrist, and then there's an unbeatable fight against him where he deflects everything you throw against him. Final gameplay sequence is fleeing while he destroys the base around you.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

My biggest gripe with the ginger Jedi game was the unskippable cutscenes. I tried it out just to see what the gameplay is like and had to sit through like half an hour of talking before I even landed on the first planet. And even then the gameplay was pretty disappointing.
Unskippable cutscenes are literally the only reason why I haven't replayed Assassin's Creed 1 in 15 years. They also drove me up the fucking wall when I was playing through the Guild Wars 2 expansions for the mount. I'm getting angry just writing about it!
Anyways, here's a funi picture, since it's kinda relevant now.

ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 11th, 2024, 05:14
Digging into it a bit, she just seems to be an actress who likes work. I'll throw the blame at the feet of companies who insist upon BLACKing up their games over her. She claimed to not even have anything to do with them making the video game characters use her likeness, they chose to do it.

I wonder if that's the maximum eye-buldge without them falling out of the skull or if they can evolve to grow on stems like a slug.
Mondain wrote: April 10th, 2024, 23:02
Bottom left seems a likely candidate for crypto right wing tbh
Leftists are right that dog whistles exist. They just go around trying to find them not realizing by their nature they can't hear them.
The emotional labour of having to bite your tongue around niggers & kikes. :sad:
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on April 11th, 2024, 12:38, edited 2 times in total.
Statesman

Post by Statesman »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 11th, 2024, 10:10
In Fallen Order He executes the final boss after you beat her, defeats Debra Wilson with a literal flick of the wrist, and then there's an unbeatable fight against him where he deflects everything you throw against him. Final gameplay sequence is fleeing while he destroys the base around you.
I too liked when she made Vader kneel in front her with the Force and then in the sequel when she beat him up Obiwan-tier and nearly killed him until the plot remembered Vader couldn't die yet. /s
Goby

Post by Goby »

Many people got fooled with the first season of Mandalorian