We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

RPG Best Girl Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Emphyrio wrote: March 30th, 2024, 17:32
Irenaeus wrote: March 30th, 2024, 17:09
Emphyrio wrote: March 30th, 2024, 17:08

i remember people called ashley a racist because she pointed out that having aliens on the top secret human ship was probably not wise

nothing you can do about it anyway iirc
I remember liking Ashley because she was a christian racist.
yeah but she's also a spess marine

and

I'll take that over the blue aliens with spaghetti hair and the black-balloon-face lady. At least she's HUMAN, you know
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Irenaeus wrote: March 30th, 2024, 17:34

and

I'll take that over the blue aliens with spaghetti hair and the black-balloon-face lady. At least she's HUMAN, you know
you don't have to take any
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Emphyrio wrote: March 30th, 2024, 17:34
Irenaeus wrote: March 30th, 2024, 17:34

and

you don't have to take any
I never actually reached the phase in the game where you pick up these slores.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 30th, 2024, 16:57
I picked ashley because tali is a spy who is on your ship to send information back to her people you tards
Didn't they have to specifically retcon Tali being a thief because people noticed?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Emphyrio wrote: March 30th, 2024, 17:08

i remember people called ashley a racist because she pointed out that having aliens on the top secret human ship was probably not wise

nothing you can do about it anyway iirc

and

I always let her die because I feel bad for betraying Carth in a past life.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 30th, 2024, 15:23
I have no idea what that means
Acronym for the infamous BioWare forums.
BobT

Post by BobT »

I picked ashley because tali is a spy who is on your ship to send information back to her people you tards
Debooonked.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/57fe7 ... -width/755

Behead those who insult Tali.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

BobT wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:05
Debooonked.

Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 31st, 2024, 00:08, edited 2 times in total.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Lulu's more my type.
BobT

Post by BobT »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:07
BobT wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:05
Debooonked.

Indeed a faggot, but also the writer.

Tali is innocent, has your back, is a cutie (personality, the stock photo BS is just lasiness), and doesn't sit dreaming about fucking the Krogan. :lol:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

BobT wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:19

Tali is innocent, has your back, is a cutie (personality, the stock photo BS is just lasiness), and doesn't sit dreaming about fucking the Krogan. :lol:
The primary writer of Mass Effect was Chris L'Etoile.
BobT

Post by BobT »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:20

And unless we have a quote from him reboonking the other faggot writer's statement, the situation remains that Tali is innocent.
Salarians and Cerebus also have the same tech, btw.
Last edited by BobT on March 31st, 2024, 00:24, edited 2 times in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

@Irenaeus i got real bad news about Ashley... she's voiced by a black KWEEN :(
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

BobT wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:22

And unless we have a quote from him reboonking the other faggot writer's statement, the situation remains that Tali is innocent.

Salarians — also notorious spies.
Cerberus — Makes sense there would be humans leaking the information to them.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

david gaider is unironically a better writer than all of the current zoomer writers employed by obsidian, owlqueer and inxile.

EDIT: better than emil too.
Last edited by aweigh on March 31st, 2024, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:23
BobT wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:22

Salarians — also notorious spies.
Cerberus — Makes sense there would be humans leaking the information to them.
Maybe the Quarians got it from them, then.

Regardless, I'll have a wholesome cutie that has my back anyday, over one that sits daydreaming about going bearback behind yours. :smug:
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Mass Effect is the only series with romance options where I didn't go with any of them. Got a kiss on the cheek in 2 though.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:26
Mass Effect is the only series with romance options where I didn't go with any of them. Got a kiss on the cheek in 2 though.
Not doing romance in the notorious space dating sim, based
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

ding dong bannu
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

i didnt pick anybody in witcher 3 either. Why should gerald waste his life with a manipulative roastie who can't even give him children. Already old, growing older. Still doing the same old thing, killing drowners. What a sad life. Depressing.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Emphyrio wrote: March 31st, 2024, 03:53
i didnt pick anybody in witcher 3 either. Why should gerald waste his life with a manipulative roastie who can't even give him children. Already old, growing older. Still doing the same old thing, killing drowners. What a sad life. Depressing.
If you imported a save from Witcher 2 with the right choices, there's a good chance your Geralt has a lot of children.
TheEmptyRoad

Post by TheEmptyRoad »

aweigh wrote: March 31st, 2024, 00:24
EDIT: better than emil too.

That’s not a very high bar. Can’t stand the condescending hack who doesn’t comprehend that people would kill to have his job and write lore for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout.
Last edited by TheEmptyRoad on March 31st, 2024, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 31st, 2024, 04:14
If you imported a save from Witcher 2 with the right choices, there's a good chance your Geralt has a lot of children.
witchers are literally sterile though, part of why Geralt gets around so much innit
BobT

Post by BobT »

Manny V wrote: March 31st, 2024, 09:12
witchers are literally sterile though, part of why Geralt gets around so much innit
Yeah am I missing some big spoiler here?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Manny V wrote: March 31st, 2024, 09:12
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

I haven't read the full thread, but isn't this a tad limited, with just the females in BG3 up for discussion? Wasn't the topic 'the best female companion in a western RPG'? Then let me introduce you to two women of Baldurs Gate 2, Aerie and Viconia, the latter unfortunately included in the disaster BG3 (she was also in BG1, but left less of an impression there and left if you were too good).

In BG2 however, both have - as is customary - a dark and troubled past, are love interests, and also go through real character development through the game, and some even if you don't romance them - they don't necessarily need your dick to ride to reach new heights. I would say these two are much better as characters than any of the BG3 ones. That is not even counting all the other companions in BG1 and 2 or for that matter any female character in say KOTOR, Neverwinter Nights, Bard's Tale or any other of the dozens if not hundreds of RPGs that have been made, all of which could be brought up for discussion.

Baldurs Gate 3? Pfft. Learn some gaming history, kids.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Oldtimer wrote: April 6th, 2024, 20:16
I haven't read the full thread, but isn't this a tad limited, with just the females in BG3 up for discussion? Wasn't the topic 'the best female companion in a western RPG'? Then let me introduce you to two women of Baldurs Gate 2, Aerie and Viconia, the latter unfortunately included in the disaster BG3 (she was also in BG1, but left less of an impression there and left if you were too good).

In BG2 however, both have - as is customary - a dark and troubled past, are love interests, and also go through real character development through the game, and some even if you don't romance them - they don't necessarily need your dick to ride to reach new heights. I would say these two are much better as characters than any of the BG3 ones. That is not even counting all the other companions in BG1 and 2 or for that matter any female character in say KOTOR, Neverwinter Nights, Bard's Tale or any other of the dozens if not hundreds of RPGs that have been made, all of which could be brought up for discussion.

It's because this topic isn't "real", it was originally part of another thread about an entirely different subject but the thread was derailed into talking about BG3 girls, so one of the mods split it and gave it this confusing title.

There was never actually a real thread about RPG girls. We need to make one.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Oldtimer wrote: April 6th, 2024, 20:16

It was originally a thread about how Shadowheart is written as cuckold fetish bait, and Rusty's meltdown on learning such information.