We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

RPG Best Girl Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
TKVNC

RPG Best Girl Thread

Post by TKVNC »

aweigh wrote: March 26th, 2024, 02:54
I also liked Shadowheart's design a lot in Baldur's Gate 3. Probably the best female character design I've seen in a recent Western game, and I know I'm not the only one who liked her; I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Shadowheart was one of the game's main selling points.
Nammu Archag wrote: March 26th, 2024, 02:56
shadowheart is the main reason a lot of people don't notice the writing flaws of BG3 on the first playthrough IMO. Too distracted with trying to impress her :lol:
And yet...

Welcome to the World of Larian
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 30th, 2024, 04:23, edited 2 times in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

TKVNC wrote: March 27th, 2024, 19:23
I also liked Shadowheart's design a lot in Baldur's Gate 3. Probably the best female character design I've seen in a recent Western game, and I know I'm not the only one who liked her; I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Shadowheart was one of the game's main selling points.
shadowheart is the main reason a lot of people don't notice the writing flaws of BG3 on the first playthrough IMO. Too distracted with trying to impress her :lol:
And yet...

That's why Minthara is best romance btw
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Anon wrote: March 27th, 2024, 19:26
TKVNC wrote: March 27th, 2024, 19:23
And yet...

The only correct conclusion a man can draw from this.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Ligrev wrote: March 27th, 2024, 20:33
Lae'zel.
Afaik Lae'zel isn't as strict as Minthara. Lae'zel doesn't mind being a mistress while you have other romances for example. I tried finding out whether she accepts you sharing with Halsin but couldn't find this info.

Meanwhile Minthara is either exclusivity or GTFO.

Edit: I've done my research and indeed Lae'zel is also monogamous like Minthara. Though I'll still pick the chad-chinned, tobacco-voiced purple woman over the cringe brown spacefrog.
Last edited by Anon on March 27th, 2024, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
buttfucker 3000

Post by buttfucker 3000 »

Anon wrote: March 27th, 2024, 20:51
Ligrev wrote: March 27th, 2024, 20:33
Lae'zel.
Afaik Lae'zel isn't as strict as Minthara. Lae'zel doesn't mind being a mistress while you have other romances for example. I tried finding out whether she accepts you sharing with Halsin but couldn't find this info.

Meanwhile Minthara is either exclusivity or GTFO.

Edit: I've done my research and indeed Lae'zel is also monogamous like Minthara. Though I'll still pick the chad-chinned, tobacco-voiced purple woman over the cringe brown spacefrog.
Lae'zel is relatively trad but yeah Minthara is the only one who will actually threaten to kill you for cheating or partaking in degeneracy.

Shadowheart is a poly slut who yearns for "mt. Halsin"

Karlach idk because i always behead her
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

buttfucker 3000 wrote: March 27th, 2024, 21:26
Lae'zel is relatively trad but yeah Minthara is the only one who will actually threaten to kill you for cheating or partaking in degeneracy.

Killing Karlach is always the best option. She's basically a stand in for a troon, in fact I'm surprised they didn't go that route.

Also, even if Wyll is a nigger, killing that red mutt saves his immortal soul, so that's something.
Last edited by TKVNC on March 27th, 2024, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Lae'zel is relatively trad
Please look away from me when you respond. I don't want to get any "residue" on me after you decided to clean up an entire githyanki creche's sloppy 435ths
Anon

Post by Anon »

TKVNC wrote: March 27th, 2024, 21:37

Killing Karlach is always the best option. She's basically a stand in for a troon, in fact I'm surprised they didn't go that route.

Also, even if Wyll is a nigger, killing that red mutt saves his immortal soul, so that's something.
I don't kill Wyll because Mizora. Otherwise all my playthroughs would be killing Karlach for bis act 1 robes into sacrificing Wyll to BOOOAL.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

the problem with killing karlach is there's no way for the game to recognize that you see all tieflings as spawns of evil
same deal with killing the tieflings in the grove
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

From what I've seen from Baldur's Gate 3, none of the female characters in that game can be considered beautiful or inspiring in any way. Discounting the monster characters (i.e frog women and literal demons), Shadowheart is extremely average-looking. Her only claim to fame among "alt-right" gamers is that she isn't offensively ugly at face value, but she isn't all that becoming either. She's like any actress you'd come across while watching an old sitcom or romance movie, or a low budget affair you'd watch on SyFy. The very definition of a Tumblr-safe OC.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: March 27th, 2024, 21:43
Lae'zel is relatively trad
Please look away from me when you respond. I don't want to get any "residue" on me after you decided to clean up an entire githyanki creche's sloppy 435ths
Coward developers didn't even give her a cloaca
Anon

Post by Anon »

Btw worth mentioning that Lae'zel wants to peg you in the first romance encounter, and you must pass an intimidation check to inverse the roles.

This discussion is also worth it to detect the RPGHQ potential peggers.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Anon wrote: March 27th, 2024, 21:57
Btw worth mentioning that Lae'zel wants to peg you in the first romance encounter, and you must pass an intimidation check to inverse the roles.

I wonder how much of this pozzed garbage was added after EA -- It's beyond doubt that they had a consultancy agency in to fuck the game up -- and how much was intended or added by Larian themselves.

Truly a question for the ages.
Anon

Post by Anon »

TKVNC wrote: March 27th, 2024, 22:02

I wonder how much of this pozzed garbage was added after EA -- It's beyond doubt that they had a consultancy agency in to fuck the game up -- and how much was intended or added by Larian themselves.

Truly a question for the ages.
The safe bet is to blame it all on Larian and expect their next products to be entirely pozzed garbage.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

fake news please stop disparaging the superior woman
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Anon wrote: March 27th, 2024, 22:04
The safe bet is to blame it all on Larian and expect their next products to be entirely pozzed garbage.
For the best.

What's hilarious though, and in re. the thread directly is how many nigger faces they added to the game - even to Elves, but not just that, how ugly they made them. Even for niggers, they were particularly hideous.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 27th, 2024, 22:07

https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Lae'zel/romance
During the Party, regardless of side or approval, Lae'zel's first important romance scene can happen. She will commend the player's martial prowess and offer intercourse — no strings attached. If the player agrees, they will later encounter her inside the altar room, naked. Lae'zel will then demand the player to submit, where they can either comply or pass an Intimidation check (Githyanki, Dragonborn and Half-Orc characters get a unique line instead) to make Lae'zel submit instead. A rough sexual scene will then happen.

Regardless of who takes charge, the player will wake up next morning — in pain. Lae'zel will insist it was just for pleasure and spend no time on sentimentality, having already begun preparing to leave camp by the time the player starts to recover. Depending on conversation choices, the engagement can develop in future acts, with more dialogues and scenes.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Anon wrote: March 27th, 2024, 22:09

During the Party, regardless of side or approval, Lae'zel's first important romance scene can happen. She will commend the player's martial prowess and offer intercourse — no strings attached. If the player agrees, they will later encounter her inside the altar room, naked. Lae'zel will then demand the player to submit, where they can either comply or pass an Intimidation check (Githyanki, Dragonborn and Half-Orc characters get a unique line instead) to make Lae'zel submit instead. A rough sexual scene will then happen.

Regardless of who takes charge, the player will wake up next morning — in pain. Lae'zel will insist it was just for pleasure and spend no time on sentimentality, having already begun preparing to leave camp by the time the player starts to recover. Depending on conversation choices, the engagement can develop in future acts, with more dialogues and scenes.
She just beats you up like Handmaiden. It's a sweet and tender moment.

aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 27th, 2024, 21:54
From what I've seen from Baldur's Gate 3, none of the female characters in that game can be considered beautiful or inspiring in any way. Discounting the monster characters (i.e frog women and literal demons), Shadowheart is extremely average-looking. Her only claim to fame among "alt-right" gamers is that she isn't offensively ugly at face value, but she isn't all that becoming either. She's like any actress you'd come across while watching an old sitcom or romance movie, or a low budget affair you'd watch on SyFy. The very definition of a Tumblr-safe OC.
people are so starved for any normal-looking female character that they will praise and latch onto one that looks about the same as a McDonald's cashier. Unironically makes you think.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 27th, 2024, 22:13

Do you lubricate before at least?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 27th, 2024, 22:13

You got beat by Handmaiden? :scratch:
Shout out to horribly abusing ring outs to win against all her sisters in the academy :twisted:
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 27th, 2024, 22:14
the frogs are non-monogamous by nature aren't they
In the sense that they don't have families and only reproduce to create new soldiers, yeah. I'd assume they're assigned breeding partners or have a designated caste that does it regularly.
Lae'zel getting horny for you seems weird and I suspect it's just a Larian thing, but I could be wrong.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 27th, 2024, 22:25
People saying that shadowheart is average looking are certifiably insane
Yeah for sure, she's markedly below average. :smug:
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 27th, 2024, 22:25
People saying that shadowheart is average looking are certifiably insane
She's like a 7/10, which many people would call average even though average should be 5/10
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

new rule: insulting shadowcute is bannable
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 27th, 2024, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Shadowheart looks like a relatable real woman (except for the elf ears obviously) and for me that's extra attractive in animations