We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

How do you become or stay interested in something?

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Anon wrote: March 29th, 2024, 16:39
Yeah I do recommend seeking a psychiatrist and maybe a psychologist. I have some friends with similar issues that had really great results by taking meds and maybe seeking therapy.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

WhiteShark wrote: March 29th, 2024, 16:34
@Xenich
  • Exercise: goes in cycles like everything else.
  • Diet: not balanced, but I can't eat most things because of digestion problems. No processed foods, though.
  • Sunlight: I've gotten very bad about this. I used to walk every day but I don't like walking around here so I hardly leave the house. Need to remove the bug screen from my window so I can sunbathe on the roof.
  • Balance: no, that's part of the hyperfixation thing. It's difficult to even want to go to bed, let alone spend hours on some other activity.
  • Discipline & Organization: lacking, to say the least. I can't maintain much of a routine for health reasons. This includes my sleep schedule, which you didn't ask about but is in the same vein.
All of those would be good things to improve. The thing is, the majority of those are contributing factors at most, for even when I was doing better in all these areas, my interests still went through cycles, as described in the OP. The one thing I've probably never tried is 'balancing' my hobbies, so maybe it is a form of burnout, as @Nemesis suggests, and balancing would help.

...Actually, I am suddenly remembering some neurologist's advice I received second hand from a friend about not spending too long on any given activity in a row because even productive things will overstimulate you and then lead to burnout. Maybe we're on to something here. :scratch:
Do you work? Never really going outside is a problem and a job that isn't homeoffice helps with that.

Yeah I do recommend seeking a psychiatrist and maybe a psychologist. I have some friends with similar issues that had really great results by taking meds and maybe seeking therapy.

The ideal thing would also be to seek new habits and not staying on a screen for too long but we know things aren't that easy.
Strongly recommend against "psychiatrist and maybe a psychologist". I have seen them screw up more people than I can count. If it is council, I have found aged (experienced) and pious souls who have solid wisdom to be good council, but "academic educated" counseling is poisoned with mainstream Bolshevik programming of harm (much like most medicine these days) and I believe them to be a strong part of what has caused many issues in the youth over the years. If one offers you medicine, run.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Xenich wrote: March 29th, 2024, 17:16
WhiteShark wrote: March 29th, 2024, 16:34
@Xenich
  • Exercise: goes in cycles like everything else.
  • Diet: not balanced, but I can't eat most things because of digestion problems. No processed foods, though.
  • Sunlight: I've gotten very bad about this. I used to walk every day but I don't like walking around here so I hardly leave the house. Need to remove the bug screen from my window so I can sunbathe on the roof.
  • Balance: no, that's part of the hyperfixation thing. It's difficult to even want to go to bed, let alone spend hours on some other activity.
  • Discipline & Organization: lacking, to say the least. I can't maintain much of a routine for health reasons. This includes my sleep schedule, which you didn't ask about but is in the same vein.
All of those would be good things to improve. The thing is, the majority of those are contributing factors at most, for even when I was doing better in all these areas, my interests still went through cycles, as described in the OP. The one thing I've probably never tried is 'balancing' my hobbies, so maybe it is a form of burnout, as @Nemesis suggests, and balancing would help.

...Actually, I am suddenly remembering some neurologist's advice I received second hand from a friend about not spending too long on any given activity in a row because even productive things will overstimulate you and then lead to burnout. Maybe we're on to something here. :scratch:
Do you work? Never really going outside is a problem and a job that isn't homeoffice helps with that.

The ideal thing would also be to seek new habits and not staying on a screen for too long but we know things aren't that easy.
Strongly recommend against "psychiatrist and maybe a psychologist". I have seen them screw up more people than I can count. If it is council, I have found aged (experienced) and pious souls who have solid wisdom to be good council, but "academic educated" counseling is poisoned with mainstream Bolshevik programming of harm (much like most medicine these days) and I believe them to be a strong part of what has caused many issues in the youth over the years. If one offers you medicine, run.
1- About psychology I mostly agree. Can't agree about psychiatrists though, it is especially nowadays a field of medicine that's guided by scientific method like any other. Most psychiatrists are right-leaning btw (also obviously you don't get a medicine degree if you are stupid), whereas psychology is mostly left-leaning. There are psychologists that are very helpful but certainly they're a rarity and it's worth to warn against most of them.

2- Your causality is reversed. It isn't psychiatry that fucks up people, it's fucked up people that seek treatment by psychiatrists.

3- As I said myself the ideal "cure" would be to seek new habits and don't stay too much on screen. Fact is that we (royal we) live unnatural lives, humanity isn't meant to be sitting down 16h a day looking at a screen doing monotonous activities that at the same time are overstimulating on the brain. That naturally fucks people up. But then changing this situation and achieving a better routine isn't easy and sometimes isn't even possible, so maybe the only course of action left is to seek paliative treatment.
Last edited by Anon on March 29th, 2024, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The idea that the brain can't have injuries just like any other part of the body is some weird internet right-wing bullshit as a reaction to leftist over-reliance upon therapists.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 17:31
The idea that the brain can't have injuries just like any other part of the body is some weird internet right-wing bullshit as a reaction to leftist over-reliance upon therapists.
It's not about the injuries, it's the methods used to treat those injuries.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

How are those serotonin blockers working out for ya? Oh right... they never had anything to do with what they claimed... you know... science and all.

psychiatry is not science, it is medical practice, it may act "sciency" like, but it doesn't have to follow the same principals because it can not explain all the variables. They make an observation, make a hypothesis and then attempt to treat, if it looks like it is working, well... there you go. Not science and it is why years were spent pumping drugs into kids to solve their "brain problems" and then opps, it broke something else... too bad.. we are scientists!
Last edited by Xenich on March 29th, 2024, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

No. I can't hold a job for the same reason that I can't maintain a routine. I still think this is only a contributing factor.
A friend once advised me to try meth. I'm not all that interested in taking medications. I don't trust psychologists, either. Based on the responses in this thread, it sounds like it's a pretty universal problem, anyway.

I consulted with the friend who has the neurologist advice. Some of it is very similar to things posted in this thread. To summarize,
  • Don't depend on motivation or interest to pursue an activity. Stick to a routine. (Oh no, I'm already doomed.)
    • For example, devote one hour a day to the same activity at the same time.
  • 3 hours is the maximum time you can maintain diligent focus on one activity. 1.5 hours is the optimal focus cycle for most people.
  • Don't spend more than one focus cycle per day on the same activity. (Oh no, I'm double doomed.)
    • By keeping it short, you ensure you have energy to pick it up again the next day—no burnout.
So, if that works, there's the answer to maintaining interest. He didn't have any advice for building new interests, unfortunately.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Xenich wrote: March 29th, 2024, 17:42
How are those serotonin blockers working out for ya?

psychiatry is not science, it is medical practice, it may act "sciency" like, but it doesn't have to follow the same principals because it can not explain all the variables. They make an observation, make a hypothesis and then attempt to treat, if it looks like it is working, well... there you go. Not science and it is why years were spent pumping drugs into kids to solve their "brain problems" and then opps, it broke something else... too bad.. we are scientists!
1- You know all of medicine scientific method works on experimentation, not only psychiatry, right? The highest degree of scientific trust in health come from randomized controlled trials, which are basically dividing groups of people in a randomized way where some get treatment, others don't, then you can mostly reliably check whether such treatment really causes some improvement. Same for psychiatry. Scientific method in health doesn't work in the same way as fields guided mostly by logic and abstraction like mathematics, physics etc as we are still far from fully understanding the human body, you do need to experiment on people and subject them to risks.

2- Most of your prejudice against psychiatry is because of its madhouse phase, where indeed psychiatry didn't work following strict scientific method and that caused a lot of wrongful extreme injuries on various people. Nowadays psychiatry is very different to that though.

3- I don't know because I've never taken meds myself, but I do know lots of people, many even bigger chuds than most forum members, who had long-standing depression, suicidal ideations, were always irritated and couldn't sleep, and finally looked for medical help and achieved great results by taking meds. So yeah I do think it's a rational, logical course of action to take to try to solve mental problems.
WhiteShark wrote: March 29th, 2024, 17:53
No. I can't hold a job for the same reason that I can't maintain a routine. I still think this is only a contributing factor.
A friend once advised me to try meth. I'm not all that interested in taking medications. I don't trust psychologists, either. Based on the responses in this thread, it sounds like it's a pretty universal problem, anyway.

I consulted with the friend who has the neurologist advice. Some of it is very similar to things posted in this thread. To summarize,
  • Don't depend on motivation or interest to pursue an activity. Stick to a routine. (Oh no, I'm already doomed.)
    • For example, devote one hour a day to the same activity at the same time.
  • 3 hours is the maximum time you can maintain diligent focus on one activity. 1.5 hours is the optimal focus cycle for most people.
  • Don't spend more than one focus cycle per day on the same activity. (Oh no, I'm double doomed.)
    • By keeping it short, you ensure you have energy to pick it up again the next day—no burnout.
So, if that works, there's the answer to maintaining interest. He didn't have any advice for building new interests, unfortunately.
It's up to you what you decide to do, as long as you try to seek some course of action to solve your problems. I do think considering looking a psychiatrist would be potentially helpful to your case though, if you feel like you aren't achieving results you can always just dip off.
Last edited by Anon on March 29th, 2024, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I've never seen a woman resolve any issues or make any sort of progress through therapy/meds. They all treat it an a rent-a-friend service with no end goal where they just talk about their day and won't switch providers even if I find them one that'll save them thousands of dollars a year. Might be different for men (but I don't know any who've gone to therapy because it's gay)
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on March 29th, 2024, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I just remembered that Daigo Umehara, at one time perhaps the best fighting game player in the world, said that you only have to practice three hours a day to be the best. That's a very interesting figure. 3 hours = one maximum focus cycle, or two optimal ones with a break in between. I'm thinking this may be it. Unfortunately, it runs entirely counter to the hyperfixation behavior. I will have to experiment with this.

Regarding therapy, I have heard a couple people whose opinions I trust advocate it, but to me it seems those are the outliers. I'm glad some people get benefit out of it. I suspect that most don't. Maybe I'm wrong. For now, I'll stick with consulting people I think wise or knowledgeable.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Psychology isn't really a science and is mostly guided by behavioral experimentation which differs in an individual level, and of course the therapist needs to be a very wise person to give proper counsel (which most aren't). So yeah seeking a good therapist is like playing russian roulette, but I've seen people achieving results if they find a really good one.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Anon wrote: March 29th, 2024, 18:11

1- You know all of medicine scientific method works on experimentation, not only psychiatry, right? The highest degree of scientific trust in health come from randomized controlled trials, which are basically dividing groups of people in a randomized way where some get treatment, others don't, then you can mostly reliably check whether such treatment really causes some improvement. Same for psychiatry. Scientific method in health doesn't work in the same way as fields guided mostly by logic and abstraction like mathematics, physics etc as we are still far from fully understanding the human body, you do need to experiment on people and subject them to risks.
Experimentation isn't the issue, it is the inability to account for failures and variables. This is how the scientific method works. It takes only a single failure to invalidate a hypothesis. You can not "guess" results, use statistics to validate (it is an exploration tool, not a validation mechanism). If you can not test it, show its success without failure (or properly produce the failure in the same manner), then your hypothesis isn't valid, it is wrong.

Since the human body can not be fully tested to success in every aspect (ie failures, inconsistencies, etc... in treatments) as it concerns the hypothesis, then it is just a practice and a game of "this works in most cases, or this medication shows good results in this way which we think will help with this..." It is all guess work, not an hard science, it isn't the scientific method, it is parts of it, but still just a bunch of "treatment by odds of results". Not science.

Now I am not saying it is bad field of "study", what I am saying is that to take such problems in verification, replication and validation of the scientific method and then applying it to altering peoples minds, well... yeah... it is foolish to partake in it unless the risks of not doing anything are so great that life is threatened without something being done (people with massive mental issues that result in major societal problems), but for "I am depressed" or "I can't concentrate", it is foolish to even consider.

If people want to take medicine, fine... (free will and all) but then if they turn around and shoot up a place, no special treatment, straight to the gallows, you should have known better.

2- Most of your prejudice against psychiatry is because of its madhouse phase, where indeed psychiatry didn't work following strict scientific method and that caused a lot of wrongful extreme injuries on various people. Nowadays psychiatry is very different to that though.
My problem with it is not the study, not the idea of evaluation, or even the classification and research. My problem is with it being put into public treatment as if it has any real standing to proclaim itself a legitimate means to establish law or valid medical practice. Like the problem with a lot of medicine these days, it is steeped in political speak, appeals to authority, manipulated studies and straight out bribery via activism and corruption and it is a field that is loved by those who don't have to validate their findings as real science does.
3- I don't know because I've never taken meds myself, but I do know lots of people, many even bigger chuds than most forum members, who had long-standing depression, suicidal ideations, were always irritated and couldn't sleep, and finally looked for medical help and achieved great results by taking meds. So yeah I do think it's a rational, logical course of action to take to try to solve mental problems.
Ever read the side effects on these types of drugs? They aren't worth it and they often produce other ailments (which naturally they have more treatments for. /wink)

I have personally known several who used to take them, researched natural treatments/solutions to a lot of these issues and not only solved their problems, but were far better off than when they were taking them.

Do some research into the rates of mental illnesses of today compared to the past. Also look into the results of the side effects on those who take these things. Then look up the history of these types of drugs as it concerns government use in defense departments. Look into the number of people who have committed mass shootings and then research if they were taking anything similar? There is a very strong correlation there.

If you have an issue with "government" at all, then you should know that they are the first to push this crap and they don't have your best interests at heart.

A lot of these drugs are no different in how they work compared to narcotics (which is why kids are often caught popping them for recreational means). Ever seen a person who was first put on them and maybe their dosage was too high? They look like drones who are drugged out. It isn't a solution in most cases they are used.

Just because something "appears" to work doesn't mean it is working as intended or that it isn't doing harm overall. Why do you think they have to pull so many drugs off the market after a while, because they have no CLUE as to their long term effects.

If one is going to partake in this type of practice, they might as well pump up on all the vaccines as well, it is the same shoddy psuedo-science.
Last edited by Xenich on March 29th, 2024, 18:48, edited 2 times in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Xenich wrote: March 29th, 2024, 18:45

Experimentation isn't the issue, it is the inability to account for failures and variables. This is how the scientific method works. It takes only a single failure to invalidate a hypothesis. You can not "guess" results, use statistics to validate (it is an exploration tool, not a validation mechanism). If you can not test it, show its success without failure (or properly produce the failure in the same manner), then your hypothesis isn't valid, it is wrong.

Since the human body can not be fully tested to success in every aspect (ie failures, inconsistencies, etc... in treatments) as it concerns the hypothesis, then it is just a practice and a game of "this works in most cases, or this medication shows good results in this way which we think will help with this..." It is all guess work, not an hard science, it isn't the scientific method, it is parts of it, but still just a bunch of "treatment by odds of results". Not science.

Now I am not saying it is bad field of "study", what I am saying is that to take such problems in verification, replication and validation of the scientific method and then applying it to altering peoples minds, well... yeah... it is foolish to partake in it unless the risks of not doing anything are so great that life is threatened without something being done (people with massive mental issues that result in major societal problems), but for "I am depressed" or "I can't concentrate", it is foolish to even consider.

If people want to take medicine, fine... (free will and all) but then if they turn around and shoot up a place, no special treatment, straight to the gallows, you should have known better.

My problem with it is not the study, not the idea of evaluation, or even the classification and research. My problem is with it being put into public treatment as if it has any real standing to proclaim itself a legitimate means to establish law or valid medical practice. Like the problem with a lot of medicine these days, it is steeped in political speak, appeals to authority, manipulated studies and straight out bribery via activism and corruption and it is a field that is loved by those who don't have to validate their findings as real science does.
Ever read the side effects on these types of drugs? They aren't worth it and they often produce other ailments (which naturally they have more treatments for. /wink)

I have personally known several who used to take them, researched natural treatments/solutions to a lot of these issues and not only solved their problems, but were far better off than when they were taking them.

Do some research into the rates of mental illnesses of today compared to the past. Also look into the results of the side effects on those who take these things. Then look up the history of these types of drugs as it concerns government use in defense departments. Look into the number of people who have committed mass shootings and then research if they were taking anything similar? There is a very strong correlation there.

If you have an issue with "government" at all, then you should know that they are the first to push this crap and they don't have your best interests at heart.

A lot of these drugs are no different in how they work compared to narcotics (which is why kids are often caught popping them for recreational means). Ever seen a person who was first put on them and maybe their dosage was too high? They look like drones who are drugged out. It isn't a solution in most cases they are used.

Just because something "appears" to work doesn't mean it is working as intended or that it isn't doing harm overall. Why do you think they have to pull so many drugs off the market after a while, because they have no CLUE as to their long term effects.

If one is going to partake in this type of practice, they might as well pump up on all the vaccines as well, it is the same shoddy psuedo-science.
You win
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

No. I can't hold a job for the same reason that I can't maintain a routine.
Are you really sure about that? I think you can hold down a job (you're here after all, and you form accurate sentences, and have good opinions on some things to the best of my knowledge). I mean, I've seen people who I'd rate as ''subhuman'' and they have jobs. Psychos, people who are barely literate, compulsive liars, morons... the list goes on.

You just have to force yourself to keep working even if you don't want to go to work every day. Fill in those useless papers on time etc. I can only speak from my own experience, but trust me - everything will feel a lot better if you have a stable income and a daily routine. You'll meet people, some good, some bad, lots of others in between. You will learn lots stuff which will help you later in life. Everything depends on the job of course. I think that having a stressful and shitty job which pays well is not worth it in the long run. It's better to find something you enjoy or are at least content with doing, even if the pay is so-so. Just some friendly advice. As a fellow extreme far-right bigot HQer, I wish for you to succeed in life.

Also, drugs are never, ever the answer. Not even the ones you get from talking to a shrink. I've seen enough lives destroyed to stay as far away from that as possible. It's easy to be weak and hard to be tough, but one thing is certain - God will help you if you ask Him. Again, in my experience, all we really need is to draw closer to God.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Anon wrote: March 29th, 2024, 18:53

You win
Wasn't my intent. Do I get a prize?
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

WhiteShark wrote: March 29th, 2024, 08:44

Hence, my question: how do you deliberately cultivate or maintain an interest in something?
I compartmentalize my interests such as hobbies or stories I'm reading between serious, real life shit like doing my job, investing, studying or taking care of my family. Just don't go all in in a hobby or a book and let your life spiral out of control or you'll burn out of your interest. It might take longer (years) but your hobby projects and other stuff will get off the ground.
Last edited by Irenaeus on March 29th, 2024, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

@WhiteShark

Ever work a hard physical job where you are so busy, you don't have time to think, time to talk, etc...?

If not, go get one if you ever can. It not only will clear your mind and your issues with how you spend your time on things to focus, but it will get you in excellent shape as well.

Everyone should work a job like that at some point in their life, it is quite fulfilling.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Xenich wrote: March 29th, 2024, 19:01
Anon wrote: March 29th, 2024, 18:53

You win
Wasn't my intent. Do I get a prize?
You took your effort to give me a proper answer and I appreciate that, I only think we've reached a point where trying to discuss further is pointless, you have formed your opinion about this subject, I think trying to discuss more from my part would just be pointless quabbling now.

Btw I do get why most people here disagree with my point and if they really want to solve their issues in other ways, as long as they really achieve a better situation in their lives I'm more than happy for them
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Oh, if you don't have a job go get one. Doesn't matter if you can "hold" it. Just keep trying until eventually something will stick. You gotta work, even if you don't need the money. Also try having and taking care of a family.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

How do you become or stay interested in something?
Beats me, but if you figure it out please let me know right away.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

You can't. You either have an interest in something or you don't.

With that in mind - you can 'escape' from bad routines, and things that aren't actually good for you. The number 1 fix is always physical exercise, start lifting weights.

Beyond that - read, and not just poorly written game fiction. Start reading the Bible, and then read some philosophy.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Anon wrote: ↑ Today, 03:39
Do you work?
No
Neet gang neet gang
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

To all those suggesting I get a job: in principle, I agree with you. However, I'm not exaggerating when I say I can't. It's not a question of motivation. My brain doesn't work properly most of the time due to my health. It's something on which I'm working, believe me. Anyway, this isn't my general self-improvement thread. It's specifically about building and maintaining interests. There are plenty of employed people in this thread who have the same problem as I.
TKVNC wrote: March 29th, 2024, 21:19
You can't. You either have an interest in something or you don't.
It's not so simple. For example, I have an 'interest' in German. I've thought many times that if I were to learn a third language, it would be German. I've never acted on this. Apparently my interest is not of sufficient magnitude. I want to want to study it, but I don't want to study it. The question is, how do I change that? That's what I mean when I talk about building or rebuilding an interest.
TKVNC wrote: March 29th, 2024, 21:19
Beyond that - read, and not just poorly written game fiction. Start reading the Bible, and then read some philosophy.
This isn't a solution, but since I'm going to try breaking up my focus cycles as per the advice mentioned earlier, I will likely try to allot one cycle to this sort of reading. I have not been good about doing my daily readings for a long time.
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 30th, 2024, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Boontaker wrote: March 29th, 2024, 12:31
WhiteShark wrote: March 29th, 2024, 09:58
gerey wrote: March 29th, 2024, 09:31
I find myself often playing a game to the midpoint, or close to the conclusion, and then just stop playing it, only to loop back months or years later (having forgotten most of controls and mechanics) and having to restart, only for the same thing to happen again.
This is precisely one of the things I wish to avoid. I stopped playing Octopath Traveler at the superboss and I badly want to finish it because it sits at the back of my mind, taunting me, but I haven't found the motivation to do so.
The best test of a good game, did you actually finish it.
Yeah. I mentally kick myself for all the games I drop halfway thru and never bother finishing, but the BRUTAL truth is that every game I've *really* enjoyed I finished.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

WhiteShark wrote: March 30th, 2024, 01:52
To all those suggesting I get a job: in principle, I agree with you. However, I'm not exaggerating when I say I can't. It's not a question of motivation. My brain doesn't work properly most of the time due to my health. It's something on which I'm working, believe me. Anyway, this isn't my general self-improvement thread. It's specifically about building and maintaining interests. There are plenty of employed people in this thread who have the same problem as I.
As someone who was a neet for many years, this is literally how I felt until I had to get a job because I ran out of money. Turns a lot of wagie jobs are actually quite comfy and easy to get into an enjoyable rythm doing it if you get past the first couple weeks of soul crushing anger as long as you don't have to deal with niggers or too many women in positions of power. I listen to audiobooks for every single minute I'm working, so I literally get paid to become more esoterically racist and enjoy good novels and all I have to do is some wagie work in return. At this point most jobs are made to be able to be done by women and immigrants, if your not in an aryan super high education occupation anyways, so you can do them with minimal effort way better than the average 80 iq mulato your competing with in the job market. It helped me pace my interests and stop burning out and becoming despondent/bored so often because now I have a time block where I know exactly what I will do during it every single day, so I can extend the amount of days that I enjoy whatever I'm currently into for much longer without it feeling artificial.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

To all those suggesting I get a job: in principle, I agree with you. However, I'm not exaggerating when I say I can't. It's not a question of motivation. My brain doesn't work properly most of the time due to my health.
You'd be surprised about the quantity of people who have brain defects, or lack of brain entirely, and still have a job.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

I have an 'interest' in German. I've thought many times that if I were to learn a third language, it would be German. I've never acted on this. Apparently my interest is not of sufficient magnitude. I want to want to study it, but I don't want to study it. The question is, how do I change that?
It's really hard to study languages in adult age, particularly if you don't need it. How to change that = move to Germany.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 17:31
Never heard of someone fixing a broken arm by talking at it.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Yeah I do recommend seeking a psychiatrist and maybe a psychologist.
You're not a woman pretending to be a man, right? :notsureif: