We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Reviewing video game reviewers; Doing reviews of reviews

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Reviewing video game reviewers; Doing reviews of reviews

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I like me variety reviewers that do overviews of games so I can get a quick look at what a game is like without wasting my time pirating a game. I also hate libtards. I like when these things are packaged together.

https://www.youtube.com/@WorthABuyreviews/videos — Variety reviewer. One or two videos a week. Has included anti-libtard messaging in his reviews.
https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/WorthABuy
Libtard seething:
Sometimes he goes off on rants for half of a video about crazy feminist and their preferred pronouns or star wars, even though it is not at all relevant to the review.
Libtard coping by lying:
He has lost considerable following in the last few years by going off on wild tangents about things that offend him

Another good but much smaller reviewer is Scarlet Seeker:
https://www.youtube.com/@TheScarletSeeker/videos — Variety reviewer, very frequent — often daily, sometimes multiple a day — reviews. Has included anti-libtard messaging in his reviews.

Can you guys suggest any others?

No video essayists pls.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

If I'm interested in a game I'll look up gameplay (no commentary) and read about the game I don't trust soytubers to have any relevant information in a format faster and more indepth than doing my own research.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I don't like Worthabuy, his reviews are basically rants with a surface level analysis he did after playing the game for a couple of hours.

Don't have anything else to add, I don't know any good reviewers.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

wndrbr wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:37
his reviews are basically rants with a surface level analysis he did after playing the game for a couple of hours.
nice
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

can't think of any other 'video game reviewers' right now that you'd enjoy other than those 2 you already mentioned. at least not 'reviewers' who play every new game thats come out and gives an opinion.

EDIT: now that i think about it this shows a huge lack of right-leaning game reviewers, whereas there's a whole shit ton of right-leaning movie reviewers.
Last edited by aweigh on March 28th, 2024, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

These are your options for video game reviews

BigJournoNews: Here's some B-roll footage taken largely from trailers. The person reading out this prompt did not actually play the game and the person who did had a couple hours with the game before having to move on to the others he's been given to review. Here's some surface level observations from the back of the box and the first 30 minutes of the game. 6/10 if the devs didn't pay us 9/10 if they did

TheInsertNounHereGamer: 5 minute raycon earbuds ad what's up gamers! Here's the above review but interspersed with unfunny jokes I stole from reddit. raid shadowlegends ad Anyway I'll either give it a 7/10 after talking about the game's notorious flaws because I don't want to burn any bridges and stop getting review copies or 9/10 because I'm an influencer paid by the devs.

TheSOULREAVER666: This game is fucking terrible the worst game ever made fuck you entire two hour video is about a culture war topic and plot synopsis, little to no discussion of the actual game
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

aweigh wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:41
EDIT: now that i think about it this shows a huge lack of right-leaning game reviewers, whereas there's a whole shit ton of right-leaning movie reviewers.

"right-leaning game reviewer" niche is currently occupied by a bunch of grifters who have nothing of value to say, they are like Critical drinkers of videogames. "This obvious woke slop made by Sony is... le bad???" I would've never guessed it myself.

Tweed could've been a successful right-leaning youtube game reviewer, but he's a lazy POS who prefers to complain about MrEdders123's success instead.
Last edited by wndrbr on March 28th, 2024, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

wndrbr wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:46
"right-leaning game reviewer" niche is currently occupied by a bunch of grifters who have nothing of value to say, they are like Critical drinkers of videogames.
Which ones are you talking about? I can't think of a single one (right-leaning game reviewer).
Last edited by aweigh on March 28th, 2024, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

aweigh wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:47
"right-leaning game reviewer" niche is currently occupied by a bunch of grifters who have nothing of value to say, they are like Critical drinkers of videogames.
Which ones are you talking about? I can't think of a single one.
He's probably referring to sseth and the like, but they aren't reviewers, they're entertainers.
I'm pretty sure right-wing people completely dominate that niche tho
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 28th, 2024, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

aweigh wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:47
Which ones are you talking about? I can't think of a single one (right-leaning game reviewer).
I don't remember their names, the just the videos that get posted in slop games threads. I.e. long rants about new Spider Man game or Suicide Squad being a woke slop. I mean, duh? What did you expect?
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

my favorite games-related youtuber is Ross from Ross's Game Dungeon. he doesn't really cover new releases or topical games tho, just whatever interests him or whatever he feels he has something useful to say.

don't know what Ross's politics are and i've watched him for years, but i consider that a good thing.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:47
Game reviewers are as useful as gaming journalists
"does the game work at a playable framerate and not crash" is about half the information you need to know
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:50
"does the game work at a playable framerate and not crash" is about half the information you need to know
And these are things that are a lot easier to just look up gameplay footage of or people talking about the game online then waiting for some soyim to get to the point after raping my ears with ads, sponsors, patreon shilling, rate, comment, subscribe, hit that bell notification, follow me on instagram, twitter, facebook, myspace, etc.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vergil wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:52
And these are things that are a lot easier to just look up gameplay footage of or people talking about the game online then waiting for some soyim to get to the point after raping my ears with ads, sponsors, patreon shilling, rate, comment, subscribe, hit that bell notification, follow me on instagram, twitter, facebook, myspace, etc.
nah
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

is there a single thread where there won't be someone whining about everything like a woman
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:53
Vergil wrote: March 28th, 2024, 01:52

nah
Okay hacker, good talk
Anon

Post by Anon »

And do you need a game reviewer to tell you that?

Btw just checking the game's subreddit tends to tell you everything you want to know about it. If you're willing you can even make a post with questions and somebody tends to answer relatively quickly. Game reviewers will bloat their videos with useless crap and worse, always risk being a shill.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Game reviews are for entertainment. I use my Gamer Instinct to determine if a game will be good or not.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Reviews rarely do me any good because they're not what determines whether a game catches my interest. I've probably played more games because of off-hand references in 4chan posts than I have because of reviews.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: March 28th, 2024, 02:03
Reviews rarely do me any good because they're not what determines whether a game catches my interest. I've probably played more games because of off-hand references in 4chan posts than I have because of reviews.
"I've played more games because I read a short-form reviews than because of reviews"
interesting