We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, Maryland which crosses the Patapsco River has reportedly Collapsed

Do you have a dumb political opinion? Do you want other people to know about your dumb political opinion? Look no further!
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

I stopped following that account because I was getting too bummed out seeing all the posts about shitskins ruining things everywhere every day.
But the fact that accounts like this and others that just outright name the kikes are allowed to post is the sign that nature is healing. All it took was for one giant social network to stop marching lockstep with all the other giant (supposedly competing with each other) corporations after being bought by a freak with billions of dollars.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Of course politicians go and turn something like this into a photo op.
Would respect them more if they just stayed in their office and got something done, diverting the resources to the right places.

Can you imagine how long it took (plus camera and lighting staff) to fuck around taking those.
Protean

Post by Protean »

Poos looking for the poop deck.

Everybody uses local pilots in harbors, even navies. This was due more to notmyproblemitis from engine dept or port engineer than incompetancy from the wheelman or deck.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Protean wrote: March 27th, 2024, 02:04

Everybody uses local pilots in harbors, even navies. This was due more to notmyproblemitis from engine dept or port engineer than incompetancy from the wheelman or deck.
Typical pajeets are the absolute WORST for "not my problem". They do a stupid little "can't be bothered" shrug, and then immediately forget about the issue, no matter how important it is.
Or even worse, nod and say they're going to deal with it and then just don't.

They embody this in ALL aspects of life.
Last edited by BobT on March 27th, 2024, 02:17, edited 4 times in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

BobT wrote: March 27th, 2024, 02:11
Protean wrote: March 27th, 2024, 02:04

Typical pajeets are the absolute WORST for "not my problem". They do a stupid little "can't be bothered" shrug, and then immediately forget about the issue, no matter how important it is.
Or even worse, nod and say they're going to deal with it and then just don't.

They embody this in ALL aspects of life.
Yep, The Silver Rule looks harmless, but it destroys societies (and a common ideology in many eastern religions). It is why most eastern societies are such crap hole horrors and why they often are subjugated by ruling powers. They do not act, they do not seek to improve, innovate, and help others. They see a lady who has trouble crossing the street and their thought is "do nothing" because they believe that as long as they are not the cause of an issue, they are absolved from any responsibility to it. It is how people get raped in the streets and everyone goes about their business. It is how someone gets run over by a car and people walk on by.

Contrast that with The Golden Rule, which promotes activeness in helping others, lending aid, and doing unto others as you would wish to have others do unto you. It promotes good will, kindness, concern for the well being of those around you, yet this concept of Christianity (one of the few I know of that has such an ideology) is attacked as if it were the cause of pain and suffering in the world.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Xenich wrote: March 27th, 2024, 15:39
yet this concept of Christianity (one of the few I know of that has such an ideology)
Actually not uncommon. You just don't hear about the various incarnations of the principle of reciprocity unless you go looking. You'll find it in most major traditions if you do.
Here's some of the older known ones:
Possibly the earliest affirmation of the maxim of reciprocity, reflecting the ancient Egyptian goddess Ma'at, appears in the story of "The Eloquent Peasant", which dates to the Middle Kingdom (c. 2040–1650 BCE): "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." This proverb embodies the do ut des principle.
A Late Period (c. 664–323 BCE) papyrus contains an early negative affirmation of the Golden Rule: "That which you hate to be done to you, do not do to another."
Last edited by Rand on March 28th, 2024, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 26th, 2024, 07:05
twitter videos are such fucking shit, they barely work. If you seek at all they completely break.
Same for telegram btw
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Rand wrote: March 27th, 2024, 18:46
Xenich wrote: March 27th, 2024, 15:39
yet this concept of Christianity (one of the few I know of that has such an ideology)
Actually not uncommon. You just don't hear about the various incarnations of the principle of reciprocity unless you go looking. You'll find it in most major traditions if you do.
Here's some of the older known ones:
Possibly the earliest affirmation of the maxim of reciprocity, reflecting the ancient Egyptian goddess Ma'at, appears in the story of "The Eloquent Peasant", which dates to the Middle Kingdom (c. 2040–1650 BCE): "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." This proverb embodies the do ut des principle.
A Late Period (c. 664–323 BCE) papyrus contains an early negative affirmation of the Golden Rule: "That which you hate to be done to you, do not do to another."
What modern based religions or regions today would you say ascribe to it?
Last edited by Xenich on March 28th, 2024, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Irenaeus wrote: March 28th, 2024, 12:41
Why are people discussing religion in the bridge disaster thread?
Mention of Indians (comic picture) ---> Video of religious ideals (do nothing) ----> comment about Silver vs Golden Rule as it concerns the "Do Nothing" attitude of many cultures like them.

Not religion exactly, more specifically morality of a people as it concerns their responsibility for the society around them, which circles back to the concept of how infrastructure fails or is destroyed because of the "do nothing" concept of those types of people.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

The word now is that there were refrigerated containers that were tripping the ship's breakers. They knew about the problem days before it left port.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Xenich wrote: March 28th, 2024, 12:47
Mention of Indians (comic picture) ---> Video of religious ideals (do nothing) ----> comment about Silver vs Golden Rule as it concerns the "Do Nothing" attitude of many cultures like them.

Not religion exactly, more specifically morality of a people as it concerns their responsibility for the society around them, which circles back to the concept of how infrastructure fails or is destroyed because of the "do nothing" concept of those types of people.
I'm sure its some vague, made up duality about religion and not the fact that indians are retarded brown people with a 76 IQ. The silver rule is a bullshit western term made up by liberals
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 29th, 2024, 01:27

I'm sure its some vague, made up duality about religion and not the fact that indians are retarded brown people with a 76 IQ. The silver rule is a bullshit western term made up by liberals
It's not something that only appears in low IQ areas. e.g., China is notorious for never helping when someone is in need.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 02:27
Nammu Archag wrote: March 29th, 2024, 01:27

It's not something that only appears in low IQ areas. e.g., China is notorious for never helping when someone is in need.
I've read that it was due to some sort of law there in which if you helped somebody, it'd cause a presumption of involvement and the person could sue you for reparations. So the consensus became "don't help anybody, let the authorities solve it."

Though I do note that east asian people (chinese, japanese and korean) do have some kind of weird apathy towards others, even their similar, a disregard for others' suffering, which also applies to nature (you can see them practicing animal cruelty without batting an eye). For them an animal is nothing beyond food, and a human is nothing beyond somebody you make business with, and if you don't serve any purpose, they just want you to GTFO.

I'd say that comes from their particular culture and philosophy though, not IQ.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 29th, 2024, 02:34
I've read that it was due to some sort of law there in which if you helped somebody, it'd cause a presumption of involvement and the person could sue you for reparations. So the consensus became "don't help anybody, let the authorities solve it."
I don't think there was any law, it was just the cultural presumption.
A judge ruled that there would be no reason for someone to ever help another person unless they felt they were responsible for what happened.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xu_Shoulan_v._Peng_Yu
The court decided in favor of the plaintiff and held Peng liable for damages, reasoning that despite the lack of concrete evidence, "no one would in good conscience help someone unless they felt guilty"
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 02:36
A judge ruled that there would be no reason for someone to ever help another person unless they felt they were responsible for what happened.
The court decided in favor of the plaintiff and held Peng liable for damages, reasoning that despite the lack of concrete evidence, "no one would in good conscience help someone unless they felt guilty"
So not an IQ problem like you suggested?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 29th, 2024, 02:40
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 02:36
So not an IQ problem like you suggested?
I didn't suggest it was an IQ problem.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 02:27
low IQ areas. e.g., China is notorious for never helping when someone is in need.
I have bad news about the IQ of the average chink vs the ones that take or cheat on the IQ test.