We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Resident Evil 4 Remake

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

I doubt this will assblast zoomers like crowbcat's video, because small channel. But for those who give a shit might be interesting.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

People got REALLY salty after that Crowbcat video launched, now their saying his channel sucks, the original was never good, etc etc. Zoomers are a strange bunch to the say the least, and their taste in games even moreso.

The U3 boss being cut was one of the worst decisions the developers made. The fight was an iconic part of the game, instead it got the axe for reasons I'll never understand. But that's just one problem among a myriad of others. "Greatest remake of all time" my hat.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

considering nearly all the material I've seen relating to this game is coomer-related, I'm going to guess he offended coomers
KnightoftheWind

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 17:18
considering nearly all the material I've seen relating to this game is coomer-related, I'm going to guess he offended coomers
That's the narrative they're pushing on fans of the original game, "oh they're just pissed because Luis doesn't comment on Ashley boobies!". No that's just one issue.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

This is all about revenge on gamers for electing Trump.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Hopefully the modders that made the AI voice mod for the base game do the same for the DLC. The ESG cunt they blighted the game with really can't act worth shit.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

There are more versions of RE4 than stars in the galaxy...
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

cable car sequence, the second verdugo, and Paul Anderson's laser room are back.
KnightoftheWind

Vergil wrote: September 18th, 2023, 21:21
Nu-Wesker looks like shit
All characters do. I miss the days when developers actually modelled their characters by hand.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

*enters thread*

gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

KnightoftheWind wrote: September 18th, 2023, 21:46
Vergil wrote: September 18th, 2023, 21:21
Nu-Wesker looks like shit
All characters do. I miss the days when developers actually modelled their characters by hand.
Capcom character design peaked around the RE1 Remake days. They based some characters around IRL people, but tended to smooth over the imperfections. Also, they knew how to pick appropriate models. RE6 was their last game with genuinely attractive females.

Julia Voss looks ten times better than the current thot they modeled Jill on.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Finished DLC yesterday. It's OK. A bit better than the original Separate Ways (which was kinda lame), but still suffers from the same issues, namely the large amount of reused content and complete lack of sense of.. i dunno, adventure? Basically instead of having one continuous progression from A to B you are constantly hop between remote locations, either during cutscenes or after using hookshot. It is understandable that due to the nature of DLC's story the devs had to work with existing levels from Leon's campaign, but still.

it's longer than RE3 remake lol
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

i hate the new Ada voice actress...

they fired the good one from RE2 Remake in order to cast the awful actress who played Ada in the awful Netflix show, and she SUCKS.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

aweigh wrote: September 25th, 2023, 05:52
they fired the good one from RE2 Remake in order to cast the awful actress who played Ada in the awful Netflix show, and she SUCKS.
There's a few mods for the main game that replace her voice with AI generated lines using previous actresses as the base, which are fairly decent.

Everyone is now waiting for AI mods that replace her dialogue in the DLC.
junior

Post by junior »

Why all those new Resident Evil remakes all look alike, are they made by an 'AI'?
Might as well be at this point.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

it's by design, it looks to me that Capcom wants them to look similar. Wouldn't be surprised if they plan to re-remake RE1 in the same style.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

I'm not sure Capcom is going to touch RE1 yet. The remake is still held in high regard, and besides, they have still plenty of other RE titles they can remake - chiefly Code Veronica. There was actually a fan project that was well on its way to recreate Code Veronica and RE1 in the style of RE2R, but they got a C&D from Capcom.

Granted, this may be proof that they're working on both a remake of RE1R and of Code Veronica, but I'm inclined to believe it's the Code Vernoica part of the project that motivated Capcom to kill the project, since they're usually pretty chill (relatively speaking) when it comes to fan projects.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Is the idea of having to play as some chink hole instead of handsome Leon supposed to entice me to play this?