We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Pop Culture Atheism vs God

Surely this will be a civilized forum
Adeptus

Pop Culture Atheism vs God

Post by Adeptus »

In RPG (or fantasy in general) You would probably consider deity who brings the plagues, orders genocides, sentences people who don't worship him exclusively into eternal torment - and one day plans to destroy human civilization and massacre most of the humanity with plagues, armies of his monstrous servants and sorcers and create new world where there is place only for his worshippers - as obviously evil. But in real life you consider him paragon of goodness?
I am not saying that fantasy is sole reason of why I rejected Christianity, but it definitely gave me some food for thought.

Some people are angry that fiction so often shows Abrahamical God or his analogues as villain. But it is just that Abrahamical God looks so much like stereotypical villain.
Last edited by Adeptus on March 21st, 2024, 07:45, edited 2 times in total.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 07:40
Deity who brings the plagues, orders genocides, sentences people who don't worship him exclusively into eternal torment - and one day plans to destroy human civilization and massacre most of the humanity with plagues, armies of his monstrous servants and sorcerers and create new world where there is place only for his worshippers
Yeah but it sounds pretty based when you put it like that, I would play a warlock, paladin, or cleric devoted to this god. :cool:
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

In RPG (or fantasy in general) You would probably consider deity who brings the plagues, orders genocides, sentences people who don't worship him exclusively into eternal torment - and one day plans to destroy human civilization and massacre most of the humanity with plagues, armies of his monstrous servants and sorcers and create new world where there is place only for his worshippers - as obviously evil. But in real life you consider him paragon of goodness?
I am not saying that fantasy is sole reason of why I rejected Christianity, but it definitely gave me some food for thought.

Some people are angry that fiction so often shows Abrahamical God or his analogues as villain. But it is just that Abrahamical God looks so much like stereotypical villain.
And how exactly do you worship this diety you call villainous? Do you sacrifice children? Do you sodomise men? Do you use usury to create a slave-caste of poors?

If the punishments frighten you maybe you should read the rules and see if you can follow them.

Most modern day fictional deities completely sideline the punishment side of worship, and barely outline the rules. It's like a sticker you put on your forehead so you can larp like some pagan faggot. Completely devoid of any real meaning or purpose.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

And how exactly do you worship this diety you call villainous? Do you sacrifice children? Do you sodomise men? Do you use usury to create a slave-caste of poors?
Would You consider praising Stalin as paragon of goodness as long as person who praise is not murdering "enemies of people" by himself, as proper behaviour?
BTW, if true Christ worshippers could enforce what they want, we would have totalitarianism just as bad (or even worse) than leftist one. Fortunately most "Christians" are actually people who think they are Christians and errouinsly conflate conservative values with it (even when in fact those values are contradictory to what commie cult guru jesus preached).
Most modern day fictional deities completely sideline the punishment side of worship, and barely outline the rules. It's like a sticker you put on your forehead so you can larp like some pagan faggot. Completely devoid of any real meaning or purpose
I am mazed how many people are against "Jewish conspiracy which wants to take our liberty from us and introduce censorship" and simultanously simps for Jewish god who considers lewd thoughts and words worthy of eternal torment.

Seriously, there is middle ground between "everything is allowed and would not be punished!" and "everyone deserves eternal tortures for some frivolities".
It's like a sticker you put on your forehead so you can larp like some pagan faggot. Completely devoid of any real meaning or purpose
Well, I consider many of pagan religions more reasonable and moral than Judeochristianity. It is no wonder that when people try to invent "good religion" they are inspired more by pagan doctrines and Christian aesthetics (which are very often great, I admit).
Last edited by Adeptus on March 21st, 2024, 08:22, edited 3 times in total.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 08:16
Would You consider praising Stalin as paragon of goodness as long as person who praise is not murdering "enemies of people" by himself, as proper behaviour?
BTW, if true Christ worshippers could enforce what they want, we would have totalitarianism just as bad (or even worse) than leftist one. Fortunately most "Christians" are actually people who think they are Christians and errouinsly conflate conservative values with it (even when in fact those values are contradictory to what commie cult guru jesus preached).
Most modern day fictional deities completely sideline the punishment side of worship, and barely outline the rules. It's like a sticker you put on your forehead so you can larp like some pagan faggot. Completely devoid of any real meaning or purpose
I am mazed how many people are against "Jewish conspiracy which wants to take our liberty from us and introduce censorship" and simultanously simps for Jewish god who considers lewd thoughts and words worthy of eternal torment.

Seriously, there is middle ground between "everything is allowed and would not be punished!" and "everyone deserves eternal tortures for some frivolities".
It's like a sticker you put on your forehead so you can larp like some pagan faggot. Completely devoid of any real meaning or purpose
Well, I consider many of pagan religions more reasonable and moral than Judeochristianity. It is no wonder that when people try to invent "good religion" they are inspired more by pagan doctrines and Christian aesthetics (which are very often great, I admit).
Did you get your ideas on Christianity from the TV? Be honest, or you'll burn in hell for bearing false witness.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

Oh, of course no. Ideas on Christianity from TV would be something like "So, you know, just be good person, you know, don't kill and steal, and you will go to Heaven where you will meet your loved ones. And those hateful bigots are perverting Christ's messages, they definitely don't represent God! And God definitely doesn't demand constant praise, just be good, OK?".

Pop-cultural image of Christianity is so twisted, that people think that during end of times God and angels will defend humanity against forces of hell, instead of be those who are attacking it ;)

I get my ideas on Christianity mainly from Bible, also from texts of the first Christians and centuries-long teachings of Christian churches. Except of course, they are considering those atrocities as good.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 08:34
Oh, of course no. Ideas on Christianity from TV would be something like "So, you know, just be good person, you know, don't kill and steal, and you will go to Heaven where you will meet your loved ones. And those hateful bigots are perverting Christ's messages, they definitely don't represent God! And God definitely doesn't demand constant praise, just be good, OK?".

Pop-cultural image of Christianity is so twisted, that people think that during end of times God and angels will defend humanity against forces of hell, instead of be those who are attacking it ;)

I get my ideas on Christianity mainly from Bible, also from texts of the first Christians and centuries-long teachings of Christian churches. Except of course, they are considering those atrocities as good.
So you do get it from the TV lol. Personally the idea of choking the life from some satanic monster with my bare hands while Gods wrath is poured directly on my head sounds epic.

Note satanic monsters are thus:
jews
pedophiles
journalists
glow niggers
actual demons
guys who harm innocents during the apocalypse
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

"Satanic monsters" are also all people who not knelt down before jesus, said (and meant it) that that they deserve eternal torment because of some frivolities, that they want to reject everything god doesn't like and they treat God "saving them" from the punishment he created in the first place as some awesome grace. In fact they consist most of the damned.

If You love your family or nation more than abominable Jewish heavenly monster, You are "satanic monster". If you want to do something which brings You happiness and don;t hurt other people, but God dislike, you are "satanic monster". If You don't think that you are pathetic wretch deserving eternal tortures, You are "satanic monster". If you trust in gaining strength and knowledge rather than begging for the perfidious "mercy" of Jewish desert demon Yahweh, you are "satanic monster".
guys who harm innocents during the apocalypse
? God and angels are satanic monsters? Because most of the Revelations is god and angels (and prophets) harming innocents during apocalypse in many cruel and imaginative ways.

BTW if I would consider Jews worthy of death and eternal damnation, I should consider Christians too. Because main problem with Jews is that they are inventing and propagating anti-human, weakening, degrading ideologies which harm our civilization - like communism, ecologism, LGBT or Christianity.
Last edited by Adeptus on March 21st, 2024, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 09:13
If You love your family or nation more than abominable Jewish heavenly monster, You are "satanic monster". If you want to do something which brings You happiness and don;t hurt other people, but God dislike, you are "satanic monster". If You don't think that you are pathetic wretch deserving eternal tortures, You are "satanic monster". If you trust in gaining strength and knowledge rather than begging for the perfidious "mercy" of Jewish desert demon Yahweh, you are "satanic monster".
You have not read the Bible. Please stop pretending.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

TKVNC wrote: March 21st, 2024, 10:29
Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 09:13
You have not read the Bible. Please stop pretending.
Paraphrasing world of Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult: If I have spoken lie, bear witness of the lie; but if well, why do you accuse me? Point what I wrote is contrary to the Bible.
Metalhead33

Post by Metalhead33 »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 11:37
Paraphrasing world of Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult: If I have spoken lie, bear witness of the lie; but if well, why do you accuse me? Point what I wrote is contrary to the Bible.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

The fact that you call it "Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult" is enough to know you're at best just someone who hasn't read the Bible, and at worst, an arrogant R*ddit tier atheist.

That said, none of what you said is correct, and is at best a purposeful warping of the words to try and make it seem different to how it is written.

On 'love... more than [God]' (though your description is offensive, and exposes you, R*dditor).
Galatians 5:13-14 - You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself".
It's not about not having love (that is agape, familial or friendly love, not lust), it's about ensuring you do not think of anything as 'better' than God, but naturally, for anyone who would read on Jesus can see why this would be practically impossible.
1 John 2:15-17 - Do not love the world or what is in the world. If anyone does love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything that is in the world [...] And the world with all its enticements is passing away, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
It's about understanding the temporary nature of the World. It's really not that confusing - but you try to confuse it on purpose, for reasons I cannot understand.

On 'something which brings You happiness'
Psalm 37 3:4 - Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
On 'think[ing] you are a pathetic wretch'
Matthew 5-7:16 - And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
All of us are sinners, since we all fall short of the glory of God, but it is inverted pride to throw yourself down to such a low, since you deny that God's grace can save you. I know this is in the context of fasting, but the premise is clear, and it remains throughout the Bible.

On 'gainting strength and knowledge'
1 John 2:14 - I am writing to you, young people, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have received from God, and that you are not your own? You have been purchased at a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body.
Proverbs 18:15 - A discerning mind gains knowledge, and the ears of the wise eagerly seek knowledge.
To learn is not a sin, to take care of yourself and pursue strength is not a sin, and success is not pride. Pride is specifically excessive self-love, to attribute to yourself that which is godly. In all things, it is not the act, it is the reason. see below;
Romans 12:16 - Live in harmony with one another. Do not consider yourself to be better than others, but associate with the lowly, and never be conceited.
Now, this is not exhaustive, and I apologise for any errors, since there may be subtleties I have missed, but it's a good starting point.

Suffice it to say, ignoring context, and picking lines out then warping their meaning is not just wrong, it is unhelpful, both to you, and others, even for those who want to be opposed to Christianity (though I pray you actually read the Bible one day, then learn), since it does you a disservice in your ignorance.

*made an error on the format, fixed it.
Last edited by TKVNC on March 21st, 2024, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

You can't spell. You have no faith. You can't reason. Based on this idiocy you've rejected the worship of the creator and ruler of the universe. And you can't even be witty about it. What are you doing? Stop it man, you're punching yourself in the face. Just shut up and lurk for awhile. It will serve you in good stead.

Maybe we should make an "Educating Retards in Basic Christianity" thread. You dipshits could go do all your cringe sperging there and we could throw out some FAX and LAWJIK while we laugh at you.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

@ TKVNC
The fact that you call it "Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult" is enough to know you're at best just someone who hasn't read the Bible, and at worst, an arrogant R*ddit tier atheist.
I call him like that exactly because I read the Bible. And I don't think that typical redditor would use words "Jewish" or "Marxist" in as negative. Especially first one.
It's not about not having love (that is agape, familial or friendly love, not lust), it's about ensuring you do not think of anything as 'better' than God, but naturally, for anyone who would read on Jesus can see why this would be practically impossible
Constantly this stupid way of reasoning. "If you don't respect Jesus, you just don't know him" It is like "if you are nor Marxist, you just have not read Kapital, it IMPOSSIBLE that you read it and realized it is stupid". Jesus bullshit are just typical cult catchphrases about "love" (of course very perverted type of "love") and gaslighting. It is not even original... Ok, maybe it was original in Jesus times, so the best I can tell about him is that he (or just NT authors) was quite innovative manipulator.
And yes, of course that I think that there are things better than God. E.g. I think that my parents (and most if not all human parents) are better parents than God (but it is extremely low bar).
Psalm 37 3:4 - Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
So God will give me desires of my heart, which are against his own commandements and which he consider offences worthy of hell? Or is this some "no, no, you just think you desire thinks which are against our ideology - in reality you desires what we think you should desire" totalitarian commie bullshit?
All of us are sinners, since we all fall short of the glory of God, but it is inverted pride to throw yourself down to such a low, since you deny that God's grace can save you.
But that's exactly is what I wrote about. COncept than all humans deserve eternal torment and that it is some "grace" that God would allow to be "saved" from it, is anti-human and degrading. Also, what is funny - Christianity sets the bar for weak humans ridiculously high - no matter what they do, they will still not be worthy to not be tortured. Simultanously it sets bar for allmighty God ridiculously low - it is enough for him to agree to not send some people to tortures, to be praised as wonderful, magnificent, merciful and just.
Quotes You gave and not about strength and knowledge. They are about denying yourself what god demands you to deny and to drink his propaganda and blinddly believing it. Which is exact opposite of the strentgh and knowledge.

To learn is not a sin, to take care of yourself and pursue strength is not a sin, and success is not pride. Pride is specifically excessive self-love, to attribute to yourself that which is godly
Of course that I don't think that humans should consider themselves godly. Even the worst human is better than God. E.g. no human never send other human being for eternal torment.

@ Kalarion
You can't spell. You have no faith. You can't reason. Based on this idiocy you've rejected the worship of the creator and ruler of the universe.
And You still are not able to point specifically what I wrote falsely. You are able to just throw empty insults "nooo if you are not simping for our heavenly jew, you are stooopid".
Stop it man, you're punching yourself in the face
Yeah, I know that it would work like it here, but it would be hyproctical if I join You when You are criticizing evils of leftism, but be quiet when you praise similar evils of the Christianity.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

When I die... God with have to beg ME for forgiveness...
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 13:27
@ TKVNC
I call him like that exactly because I read the Bible. And I don't think that typical redditor would use words "Jewish" or "Marxist" in as negative. Especially first one.
It's not about not having love (that is agape, familial or friendly love, not lust), it's about ensuring you do not think of anything as 'better' than God, but naturally, for anyone who would read on Jesus can see why this would be practically impossible
Constantly this stupid way of reasoning. "If you don't respect Jesus, you just don't know him" It is like "if you are nor Marxist, you just have not read Kapital, it IMPOSSIBLE that you read it and realized it is stupid". Jesus bullshit are just typical cult catchphrases about "love" (of course very perverted type of "love") and gaslighting. It is not even original... Ok, maybe it was original in Jesus times, so the best I can tell about him is that he (or just NT authors) was quite innovative manipulator.
And yes, of course that I think that there are things better than God. E.g. I think that my parents (and most if not all human parents) are better parents than God (but it is extremely low bar).
So God will give me desires of my heart, which are against his own commandements and which he consider offences worthy of hell? Or is this some "no, no, you just think you desire thinks which are against our ideology - in reality you desires what we think you should desire" totalitarian commie bullshit?
All of us are sinners, since we all fall short of the glory of God, but it is inverted pride to throw yourself down to such a low, since you deny that God's grace can save you.
But that's exactly is what I wrote about. COncept than all humans deserve eternal torment and that it is some "grace" that God would allow to be "saved" from it, is anti-human and degrading. Also, what is funny - Christianity sets the bar for weak humans ridiculously high - no matter what they do, they will still not be worthy to not be tortured. Simultanously it sets bar for allmighty God ridiculously low - it is enough for him to agree to not send some people to tortures, to be praised as wonderful, magnificent, merciful and just.
Quotes You gave and not about strength and knowledge. They are about denying yourself what god demands you to deny and to drink his propaganda and blinddly believing it. Which is exact opposite of the strentgh and knowledge.

To learn is not a sin, to take care of yourself and pursue strength is not a sin, and success is not pride. Pride is specifically excessive self-love, to attribute to yourself that which is godly
Of course that I don't think that humans should consider themselves godly. Even the worst human is better than God. E.g. no human never send other human being for eternal torment.

@ Kalarion
You can't spell. You have no faith. You can't reason. Based on this idiocy you've rejected the worship of the creator and ruler of the universe.
And You still are not able to point specifically what I wrote falsely. You are able to just throw empty insults "nooo if you are not simping for our heavenly jew, you are stooopid".
Stop it man, you're punching yourself in the face
Yeah, I know that it would work like it here, but it would be hyproctical if I join You when You are criticizing evils of leftism, but be quiet when you praise similar evils of the Christianity.
You seethe like a man that has committed a sin he is ashamed yet unrepentant of. What horrid thing will God punish you for desiring?
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

No. If you want education you must:
- ask politely, with proper spelling and grammar,
- ask on one point at a time,
- not act like a dumb cunt (that is, jump from topic to topic while being educated, like a girl).

You have failed all three. I don't think you're a woman (there are no women on the internet, see Steve), but you're definitely acting like a faggot.
QED. You should take my earlier advice.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

"I wish some divine power would wipe away all the evil and filth of the world"
The objectively ultimate good God wipes away the objective evil and filth from the world
"NOOOOOOOO NOT LIKE THAT YOU EVIL ANGRY NASTY BAD GOD"
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

John 8:43-44 - Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot bear to hear my words. “You are from your father, the devil, and you choose to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and he does not abide by the truth, for there is no truth in him."
Jesus literally calls the Jews the children of the devil. Because he was an Israelite does not make him a Jew. To get into more detail is unnecessary here, it is a very longwinded process.

He was also neither a communist, or a 'proto-marxist'
Jesus answered him, “Friend, who appointed me to be a judge and arbitrator in your regard?” After this, he said to the crowd, “Take care to be on your guard against all kinds of greed. Life does not depend upon an abundance of one’s possessions.”
He had nothing to do with financial systems of communism, nor was he a class-warrior like Marx.
Colossians 3:22 - Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything, not only when you are being observed or in order to please them, but wholeheartedly, out of reverence for the Lord.
Yes, this really sounds like some Marxist 'throw off your chains' shenanigans. Now, before you froth at the mouth and call us all cucks for obeying our masters; the entire premise, and context is that freedom in this world is not as relevant as freedom in Heaven.

As for 'death cult'... I don't even need to find verses for this.

You have not read the Bible.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

To have this level of complete ignorance on the subject... it is quite apparent you either haven't read anything about it, or severely lack critical reading and thinking skills. This is ignorant of even the most basic concept of "good and evil" and mans choices concerning that knowledge even outside of Christian beliefs as it completely absolves mans responsibility in the process, which tends to be the point as those who ascribe to this level of thinking are only seeking a means to justify their offenses by placing God as the blame for the choices they make.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

@ Vergil
"I wish some divine power would wipe away all the evil and filth of the world"
The objectively ultimate good God wipes away the objective evil and filth from the world
"NOOOOOOOO NOT LIKE THAT YOU EVIL ANGRY NASTY BAD GOD"
I absolutely nave not write something like that. I would much prefer deistic Great Architect to Christian God.
BTW, if I would wrote "wipe away all the evil", I would definitely not meant "All people not worshipping Christian God in Only True Way should be killed violently and sentenced for eternal torment". This is "wiping the evil". Yhis is generating much worse evil than any human is able to.

@ Kalarion
No. If you want education you must:
I wan You to jusrify Your accusations towards me. Which should be just basic human decency from Your side, not something You set any conditions for.

@ Boontaker
You seethe like a man that has committed a sin he is ashamed yet unrepentant of. What horrid thing will God punish you for desiring?
Having control over my own life. Having (with the rest of humanity) control over the universe, everything that is not-human (of course God should be not exception). Feel, think and speak what I like. Enjoy sinful (e.g. sexual or occult) media. Not having to wonder if any given thing I want to do is sin or not (just if it is good or bad). Praise persons which I think deserve praise instead of God. Some examples.

@ TKVNC
Jesus literally calls the Jews the children of the devil. Because he was an Israelite does not make him a Jew. To get into more detail is unnecessary here, it is a very longwinded process.
Jesus literaly calls himself the Jew.

John 4:21-22
Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
BTW, Jesus conflict with Jews is like conflict of Trotsky with Stalin. The both preach similar ideologies with similar roots. Yes, they have their differencies, but these are not differences which would make one of them good guy. And for the people from outside they are just two wicked commies. Christianity is just mutation of the Judaism. Fact that it doesn't consider themselves one, doesn;t change it. And it praises "heroes" of the Old Testament, which were definitely Jews.
He was also neither a communist, or a 'proto-marxist'
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
And before You answer "Oh it is just that you should not attach excessive importance to riches" - for Jesus if You don't give up all your wealth, yor attachment to riches is excessive. Well, at least in the case of other people, because of course he was not doing what he preached:
Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him. Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this. For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.
He had nothing to do with financial systems of communism, nor was he a class-warrior like Marx.
He had many other things in common:
- aversion to wealth or any other ways in which how human can "exalt" themselves above others (of course as long as it not Jesus who is exalted),
- crazy economic advices (maybe not communistic per se),
- belief that humanity is inevitably heading towards what he considers utopia (Kingdom of Heaven/communism) and nothing can change it,
- belief that it is totally Ok to build those utopia on the bones of murdered people who don;t suit it (they totally deserve it!).

And Christianity has many other things similar to what e.g. Soviets believed, like:
- belief that true freedom is not possibility to do, what You desire, but to do what is good according to ideology,
- belief that ideology knows more what you actually desire than you yourself,
- censorship.
Yes, this really sounds like some Marxist 'throw off your chains' shenanigans
It is not my fault that Bible contains self-contradictory teachings... BTW, it preaches simulanously "liberty" (very perverted version of it) and de facto slavery... Just like communism ;)
the entire premise, and context is that freedom in this world is not as relevant as freedom in Heaven.
Which is awful thing to teach.
As for 'death cult'... I don't even need to find verses for this.
Yes, you don;t need, because You already give example (one of many) why Christianity is deacth cult. Let me quote once again: "the entire premise, and context is that freedom in this world is not as relevant as freedom in Heaven".

@ Xenich
To have this level of complete ignorance on the subject... it is quite apparent you either haven't read anything about it, or severely lack critical reading and thinking skills. This is ignorant of even the most basic concept of "good and evil" and mans choices concerning that knowledge even outside of Christian beliefs as it completely absolves mans responsibility in the process, which tends to be the point as those who ascribe to this level of thinking are only seeking a means to justify their offenses by placing God as the blame for the choices they make.
Well of course that if we are created by the omniscient and allmighty creator, than he is responsible for all our actions. Because when creating us in certain way, he already knew that it will cause us to make certain decisions. If not, he is not omniscient. Btw, chapter 9 of Romans says exactly that - God creates some people for salvation, some for damnation (but of course you can;t be angry that he created you for fate, because, because... because he is God, that's why!).

Fact that someone shows that assumptions of your ideology leads to conclusions You would prefer to rejest, doesn't mean he is ignorant. "Oh, he is so ignorant. He says that our religion is against trees. He is obviously not aware that two main precept of our religion are << 1.Hate all trees, destroy them, burn them, cute them, fuck those wooden fuckers! 2. Precept no. 1 absolutely doesn't mean we have something against trees>>? Why is he ignoring precept no. 2? ".
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 14:32
BTW, if I would wrote "wipe away all the evil", I would definitely not meant "All people not worshipping Christian God in Only True Way should be killed violently and sentenced for eternal torment". This is "wiping the evil". Yhis is generating much worse evil than any human is able to.
It's very interesting to me that you can read that the evil and unrighteous were killed and your immediate thought is "But... but that could mean ME!" :scratch:
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

It is like arguing mathematics with a liberal arts major.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Xenich wrote: March 21st, 2024, 14:43
It is like arguing mathematics with a liberal arts major.
Gives a similar vibe to the people who hate Starship Troopers because they immediately identify with the gross alien bugs. :scratch:
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

Vergil wrote: March 21st, 2024, 14:34
It's very interesting to me that you can read that the evil and unrighteous were killed and your immediate thought is "But... but that could mean ME!" :scratch:
First, I did not wrote anything like this.

Second. We are not talking about only killing, but eternal torment. If God offer me to go to Heaven, but other people would go to Hell, I would consider more moral thing to reject Heaven and go to Hell. No matter what those people do, senteincing someone to eternal tortures is worse, so I would rather spend eternity with them, than God.

Third- Bible in many places shows what it considers "the evil and unrighteous", and I dare to differ. No, I don't think that people who remarry after divorce, who don't worship Only True Jewish God, who look at woman with lust, who mess with the occult (even if it is stupid), who practice homosexuality (even if it is abominable), who trust more in their strength/wealth than mercy of the heavenly monster or break one of the other Biblical ritual taboos deserve to be killed.

@ Xenich
Once again, empty insults without any substance.
Last edited by Adeptus on March 21st, 2024, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 14:54
Vergil wrote: March 21st, 2024, 14:34
First, I did not wrote anything like this.

Second. We are not talking about only killing, but eternal torment. If God offer me to go to Heaven, but other people would go to Hell, I would consider more moral thing to reject Heaven and go to Hell. No matter what those people do, senteincing someone to eternal tortures is worse, so I would rather spend eternity with them, than God.

Third- Bible in many places shows what it considers "the evil and unrighteous", and I dare to differ. No, I don't think that people who remarry after divorce, who don't worship Only True Jewish God, who look at woman with lust, who mess with the occult (even if it is stupid), who practice homosexuality (even if it is abominable), who trust more in their strength/wealth than mercy of the heavenly monster or break one of the other Biblical ritual taboos deserve to be killed.

@ Xenich
"I'd rather be tortured for infinity" - man who would not rather be tortured for infinity
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

@ Xenich
Matthew 7:6 wrote:
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

No, I don't think that people who remarry after divorce, who don't worship Only True Jewish God, who look at woman with lust, who mess with the occult (even if it is stupid), who practice homosexuality (even if it is abominable), who trust more in their strength/wealth than mercy of the heavenly monster or break one of the other Biblical ritual taboos deserve to be killed.
Again proof you have not read the Bible. None of your quotes contradict what I have stated previously either. But, the New Testament, and that is to say, the new covenant resulting from the Passion, does away with the death penalty for sin, for God alone will deal with vengeance, and sin. Instead, you are given, through Christ, salvation.

It is remarkable for someone who claims to have read the Bible, to have little grasp of the context, and cannot piece together verses into what is a single vision. You can continue to google verses if you want, maybe one day you'll fool someone.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

Xenich wrote: March 21st, 2024, 14:59
@ Xenich
Matthew 7:6 wrote:
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Ah, yes, one of the great Biblical magical spells which eliminate need for thinking! "You don't have to have any reasonable argument to defend our book! It is written in our book!".

@TKVNC
But, the New Testament, and that is to say, the new covenant resulting from the Passion, does away with the death penalty for sin, for God alone will deal with vengeance, and sin. Instead, you are given, through Christ, salvation.
But it doesn;t change anything. If You I say "I will torture you because you have green shirt" I am an awful psycho. If I say "I would torture you because you have green shirt... But instead of it, I tortured my son and in this way prize for green-shirt-wearing is padi, of course as long, as You admit that you deserved to be tortured and that me and my son are so great and merciful!!!" I am still an awful psycho. Maybe even more crazy, definitely more pathetic.
It is remarkable for someone who claims to have read the Bible, to have little grasp of the context, and cannot piece together verses into what is a single vision. You can continue to google verses if you want, maybe one day you'll fool someone.
But You don't think about an option that I know context and that it doesn;t change anything. In fact crazy concept that God "paying" to himself "prize" he imposed on man in the first place is some act of wonderful, makes Christianity even worse. So God hated humanity, that he was not able to forgive slightest frivolity without giving his begotten son (and demanding praise for it).

In fact, New testament is in many ways even worse than Old. Old Testament God is just plain cruel. New testament God is at least as much cruel, but simultanously so obsessed with claiming that he is merciful, that You wonder it this is monstrula perfidy or schizophrenia.
Last edited by Adeptus on March 21st, 2024, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.