We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Pop Culture Atheism vs God

Surely this will be a civilized forum
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 15:17
Xenich wrote: March 21st, 2024, 14:59
Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 14:54
@ Xenich
Once again, empty insults without any substance.
Matthew 7:6 wrote:
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Ah, yes, one of the great Biblical magical spells which eliminate need for thinking!
Ignorance + Arrogance = Stupidity.

You aren't here to discuss, you are here to indoctrinate to your world view, much like how your world view was indoctrinated to you.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Matthew 7:6 wrote:
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Ah, yes, one of the great Biblical magical spells which eliminate need for thinking! "You don't have to have any reasonable argument to defend our book! It is written in our book!".
That's not what it means and that's just one more evidence you've never read the Bible. It means (and is very clear to any reasonable person) that you don't argue about religion with someone who doesn't want to learn but just wants to tell you how much he hates God (i.e., YOU) because you are wasting your time.
Last edited by Acrux on March 21st, 2024, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

[T]his is schizophrenia.
Yes, and it's based schizophrenia.

I'll pray for you.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

@ Xenich

What You meant is "Instead of drinking our indoctrination, you are here to discuss it, and this is no-no".

I few times asked You for arguments. You consequently answers "nope, I will not give them because you are stoooooopid!!!". And You call me arrogant and person who "is not here to discuss".
I talked many times with leftists/Christians like You. For people like you, only acceptable discussion is something like "ooooh, I know that you are right, but I am not sure why, can you explain it to me (and I will of course accept your explanation, whatever it be". But presenting any stance opposite to Your own automatically means "not wanting to discuss".
much like how your world view was indoctrinated to you
Absolute fault. Nobody indoctrinated me. Maybe my conclusiuons are stupid (but if You say so, honesty demands to justify such claim), but they are my own. Well, Ok, some of them I take from the saints and theologians.

@ TKVNC
Yes, and it's based schizophrenia.
Only if monstrual hypocrisy and screwing of logic and morality are based.
I'll pray for you
AKA "I have no good arguments, but I want to finish discussion with feel of moral superiority".

@ Acrux
That's not what it means and that's just one more evidence you've never read the Bible. It means (and is very clear to any reasonable person) that you don't argue about religion with someone who doesn't want to learn but just wants to tell you how much he hates God (i.e., YOU) because you are wasting your time.
Which is exactly what I meant. If someone is open to indoctrination and don't need arguments, tell him what he should know. If someone is discussing with Your religion - don't talk with him. So it is exactly the behaviour Xenich accused me of - "indoctrinating, not discussing".

@ Vergil
Gives a similar vibe to the people who hate Starship Troopers because they immediately identify with the gross alien bugs.
And this is exactly vibe Christians give me. They describe most horribly evil deity imaginable and scream "He is so loving! You must be so evil to not think he is!!!".

@ Oyster Sauce
"I'd rather be tortured for infinity" - man who would not rather be tortured for infinity
I'd rather nobody would be tortured for eternity. But if this is a case, and I have choice to be tortured with other people or kiss the ass and praise mercy of the monster because of whom they are tortured, I'd rather be tortured.

I have a question - if you go to Heaven and Your parents, children, whoever You love, went to Hell, would You be happy?
Last edited by Adeptus on March 21st, 2024, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 15:35
I'll pray for you
AKA "I have no good arguments, but I want to finish discussion with feel of moral superiority".
It's more that you aren't reading what I am writing, so it's an exercise in futility. Evidently, you don't want to discuss, or debate, or even argue. You simply want to belittle and act indignant. That's all fine, after all, I am not here to convert you, and nor should I, since it's up to you.

As a result, I have only one thing more I can do, which is to pray God can step in and help you in a way I cannot. Up to you if you want to take that as an insult, see above.

More pertinently, there's no point discussing this anymore, since it's now wildly off topic, as it no longer relates to games, or stories, or RPGs, but purely to theology.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Second. We are not talking about only killing, but eternal torment. If God offer me to go to Heaven, but other people would go to Hell, I would consider more moral thing to reject Heaven and go to Hell. No matter what those people do, senteincing someone to eternal tortures is worse, so I would rather spend eternity with them, than God.
You put yourself in hell by separating yourself from God. You have no one but yourself to blame for your actions.
Third- Bible in many places shows what it considers "the evil and unrighteous", and I dare to differ. No, I don't think that people who remarry after divorce, who don't worship Only True Jewish God, who look at woman with lust, who mess with the occult (even if it is stupid), who practice homosexuality (even if it is abominable), who trust more in their strength/wealth than mercy of the heavenly monster or break one of the other Biblical ritual taboos deserve to be killed.
Christianity believes people who do all of those things can receive repentance and do not advocate for the slaughter of any and all sinners. However you're putting your own modern sensibilities and empathizing with people who in the narrative of the Bible are truly evil, unrepentant, wicked people. God did not command people to kill people who skipped in line at the grocery store he demanded the death of unrepentant mass murderers, child sacrificers, rapist, and all sorts of other extreme sins being committed by people who literally worshiped and followed the commands of demons.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

@Adeptus your reading comprehension is terrible - whether of scripture or what people here are telling you. Stop posting. You make yourself look (somehow) even more moronic with each post.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

Up to you if you want to take that as an insult, see above.
Problem is not insult. Problem is intellectual dishonesty.
It's more that you aren't reading what I am writing, so it's an exercise in futility.
I am adressing Your points. Fact that I am pointing that they not lead to conlucions You want them to lead, doesn;t prove that I am not reading them. Quite the contrary.
It is mine points which are ignored.
Example - it was written that Jesus was not a Jew, because he called Jews children of devil. I quoted fragment where Jesus calls himself a Jew, he says literally "we, Jews". Reaction? Zero. it was ignored. But it is me who is not reading/comprehending what other people write.

@ Vergil
You put yourself in hell by separating yourself from God. You have no one but yourself to blame for your actions.
But it is God who demands that rejection of him must mean eternal torment. He could give other options, like the simplest one - cessation of existence. Apparently he doesn't want.
Also, according to Bible, he is, by his own actions, speeding up moment of our death (and damnation).
Christianity believes people who do all of those things can receive repentance and do not advocate for the slaughter of any and all sinners.
It advocates for their slaughter if they don't repent.
However you're putting your own modern sensibilities and empathizing with people who in the narrative of the Bible are truly evil, unrepentant, wicked people. God did not command people to kill people who skipped in line at the grocery store he demanded the death of unrepentant mass murderers, child sacrificers, rapist, and all sorts of other extreme sins being committed by people who literally worshiped and followed the commands of demons.
He demanded for death of people who commit unlawful sex (and no, I am not talking about rape and pedophilia here) or just like think about it, people who are not worshipping him or not exclusively him... and yes, people who skipped the lin in the gorcery store too, as long as they are not repent. In god's eyes everyone deserve death and damnation, only can be "mercifully" "saved" by him.
And about following demons - well, in Revelations demons are much more sympathetic than God. God is destroying human civilization and massacring humanity (you just admitted that mass murders are bad) and sentencing people for eternal torment. Demons... are just opposing them. In Revelations scenario, if one have to choose side of god or of demons, second one would be obvious choice.

@ Acrux
your reading comprehension is terrible - whether of scripture or what people here are telling you.
Because I am not persuaded by bad arguments.

I have a question - if you go to Heaven and Your parents, children, whoever You love, went to Hell, would You be happy?

BTW even if I despise Christniaty and its God, it doesn;t mean that I despise Christians. Fortunately most of Christians ignore more awful elements of their religion, and that's why, even if Christianity is just as bad as Islam or leftism, Christians are usually not as bad as followers of those ideologies. For e.g. Your god is Censor Maximus, who punishes people even for their thoughts, but you at last don't censor attacks on your ideology, like leftist do.
Last edited by Adeptus on March 21st, 2024, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Second. We are not talking about only killing, but eternal torment. If God offer me to go to Heaven, but other people would go to Hell, I would consider more moral thing to reject Heaven and go to Hell. No matter what those people do, senteincing someone to eternal tortures is worse, so I would rather spend eternity with them, than God.
:golf clap:
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 16:02
If one have to choose side of [G]od or of demons, second one would be obvious choice.
I think this neatly, and succinctly sums you up.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

And fact that Christian thinks it is bad to side with the enemies of entity who plans to destroy human civilization, massacre most of the humanity and sentence them for eternal torment, rather than with this entity, neatly and succintly sums up Christianity.

And once again - I have a question - if you go to Heaven and Your parents, children, whoever You love, went to Hell, would You be happy?

ANd once again - You don't have nothing to say about the Bible passage where Jesus calls himself a Jew.
Last edited by Adeptus on March 21st, 2024, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 15:35

@ Oyster Sauce
"I'd rather be tortured for infinity" - man who would not rather be tortured for infinity
I'd rather nobody would be tortured for eternity. But if this is a case, and I have choice to be tortured with other people or kiss the ass and praise mercy of the monster because of whom they are tortured, I'd rather be tortured.
I've never been to hell but I don't think it's like a cartoon where you get to hang out with your friends inbetween torture sessions and trick the devil into letting you go
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

The Brothers Karamazov wrote:
There are some who remain proud and fierce even in hell, in spite of their certain knowledge and contemplation of the absolute truth; there are some fearful ones who have given themselves over to Satan and his proud spirit entirely. For such, hell is voluntary and ever consuming; they are tortured by their own choice. For they have cursed themselves, cursing God and life.... They cannot behold the living God without hatred, and they cry out that the God of life should be annihilated, that God should destroy Himself and His own creation. And they will burn in the fire of their own wrath for ever and yearn for death and annihilation. But they will not attain to death.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 16:35

And once again - I have a question - if you go to Heaven and Your parents, children, whoever You love, went to Hell, would You be happy?
you might be surprised to learn this but christians actually really don't like it when their families turn away from christ
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

And fact that Christian thinks it is bad to side with the enemies of entity who plans to destroy human civilization, massacre most of the humanity and sentence them for eternal torment, rather than with this entity, neatly and succintly sums up Christianity.

ANd once again - You don't have nothing to say about the Bible passage where Jesus calls himself a Jew.
It's interesting, since your first sentence is not even remotely true.

As for your question, it's almost a trick question - since being in Heaven you are in the presence of God the Father, and all pain, suffering, and sorrow is gone, so assumedly, I would be happy.
Psalm 30:6 - Weeping may last throughout the night, but at daybreak there is rejoicing.
For what it is worth, those who I love, I would do what I could to save them, and in this, God's infinite mercy has limitless power.

As for Jesus' referring to himself as a Jew, he did not write the Gospels personally, so word of mouth is the primary driver of the writings - it is not to deny that he said this, but besides a Samaritan woman, who would have recognised Jesus as ethnically Jewish, if not spiritually, perhaps, giving her testamony to the Disciples after the fact. Yet in other instances where the Disciples themselves comment on his disdain to the spiritually Jewish, they are present, and write literally of what he said.

As he refers to the Jews distinctly on spiritual grounds in several other examples, I would be inclined to assume he, though perhaps Jewish at some stage, was no longer once he had become Christ the teacher.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

@Adeptus "Hey guys, none of you will engage with my retarded takes, therefore Christianity is false and anti-theism wins!"

I'll repeat what I and others have said before: Your reading comprehension is terrible. You bring in a lot of assumption behind what you think someone is saying. Comprehension does NOT mean that you have to agree with what someone says, as you implied earlier. You should at least consider their arguments, as they've said them. And when you keep misunderstanding things people haven't said or twist what they've said to mean something else, well it shows you are not having a good faith discussion. Repeating "aktually, GOD IS EVIL" isn't a good argument.

You talked about indoctrination, but it might surprise you that most of us on this board (at least the people who I've known for a while) have come to where we are through reason and considered opinion. Some of us have even considerably changed where we stand on things. But I guarantee it's never been because of someone like you who makes puerile, lowest common denominator statements that don't match reality. You are fit only for mockery.
Adeptus

Post by Adeptus »

Emphyrio wrote: March 21st, 2024, 16:40

you might be surprised to learn this but christians actually really don't like it when their families turn away from christ
I know, but this is not answer to my question. If you go to Heaven and Your parents, children, whoever You love, went to Hell, would You be happy?

@ TKVNC
It's interesting, since your first sentence is not even remotely true.
So You did not read Revelations.
As for your question, it's almost a trick question - since being in Heaven you are in the presence of God the Father, and all pain, suffering, and sorrow is gone, so assumedly, I would be happy.
So in Heaven You will be insensitive to suffering of other people, even Your lofed ones. What an egoistical religion!
As for Jesus' referring to himself as a Jew, he did not write the Gospels personally, so word of mouth is the primary driver of the writings - it is not to deny that he said this, but besides a Samaritan woman, who would have recognised Jesus as ethnically Jewish, if not spiritually, perhaps, giving her testamony to the Disciples after the fact. Yet in other instances where the Disciples themselves comment on his disdain to the spiritually Jewish, they are present, and write literally of what he said.
So You suggest that Bible is not trustworthy when telling what Jesus actually said?
As he refers to the Jews distinctly on spiritual grounds in several other examples, I would be inclined to assume he, though perhaps Jewish at some stage, was no longer once he had become Christ the teacher.
1. During talk with Samaritan woman he was definitely christ "the teacher:.
2. So when Gospel says that jesus referred to jews disnticnly it was strong argument that Jesus was not Jew, but when Gospel says that Jesus referred to himself as a Jew, it is not argument for jesus being Jew, because "he did not write the Gospels personally". Aha.

@ Acrux

You should at least consider their arguments, as they've said them. And when you keep misunderstanding things people haven't said or twist what they've said to mean something else, well it shows you are not having a good faith discussion
Can You point how I am misunderastanding things people said? Some example? BTW, there were many times, when people were commenting things I have not wrote - like that I want God to destroy evil, but I am angry when he does it. But it is OK.

BTW, many times

Repeating "aktually, GOD IS EVIL" isn't a good argument.
Repeating "if you think god is evil, you are stupid, don't understood anything and have not read Bible" is not argument. BTW I am using many arguments, which are ignored or answered by it "Nope, this is totally not true, because it is not, and I will not elaborate further".
You talked about indoctrination, but it might surprise you that most of us on this board (at least the people who I've known for a while) have come to where we are through reason and considered opinion. Some of us have even considerably changed where we stand on things.
But it is not me who first started with "I am not discussing with you, because you are indoctrinated". And I never suggested that everyone here is indoctrinated and mindlessly believe. BTW for me it looks that Your side is rejecting concept that I could come to where I am through reason and considered opinion. And yes, I considerably changed where I stood on things. For many years I was Christian (or I thought I am). I wasted many, many hours on arguments like this, but being on Your side. I even was making many arguments You people do and/or behaving in similar way. I am now ashamed of it. It even not that I changed my system of values, rather than I realized that Christianity, which I considered fundament of these values, is actually their opposite.
But I guarantee it's never been because of someone like you who makes puerile, lowest common denominator statements that don't match reality. You are fit only for mockery.
And once again convenient magic spell which relieves you of the obligation to justify your allegations. "You are stupid" "Why?" "I will not waste time for explaining it to the stupid". Genius.
If You start with assumption that any argument for being evil must be stupid (because god is good, period), than it looks like this.

Which of my statements are "not matching reality"?
That God considers every human being deserving hell and considers his "salvation" from his own punishment as some amazing grace we should be grateful for?
That God could allow damned souls to cease their existence?
That God plans to commit mass murder during end of times, like Revelations says?
That according to Bible, Jesus called himself a Jew?
That in Revelations it is God who destroys human civilization and sentences people to hell, not demons?
That Jesus told that to be saved You have to give away your wealth?
That devout Christian support censorship?
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 20:59
So You did not read Revelations.
Neither have you, since you missed out
Revelation 7:17 - "For the Lamb who is at the center of the throne will be their shepherd. He will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
Which defeats the entire purpose of your pointless trick question, as I answered before. It is not egoistical, but I will not call you what you are, since it would not help at all.

Final Judgment, otherwise known to some as Rapture is not the following:
[A] plan to destroy human civilisation, massacre most of the humanity and sentence them for eternal torment
Pretending it is something else by appealing to the basest understanding of it is incorrect, since God does not 'destroy' civilisation, he comes to save his faithful from the evil that has overtaken them, just as in the flood, just as in Sodom and Gomorrah.

All you do is prove you have never read the Bible, constantly trying to obfuscate meaning to try and appear as intelligent. You fool no-one but yourself.

As for Jesus the teacher, at no point did I say Christ was not so at the time of speaking to the Samaritan woman. So try reading my comment again, and try to actually learn this time.

I'll refer you to Proverbs 18:13 - but this time you'll have to do some legwork, I won't quote it for you.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 20:59
That devout Christian support censorship?
Yes, especially toward you.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

TKVNC wrote: March 21st, 2024, 12:44
Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 11:37
Paraphrasing world of Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult: If I have spoken lie, bear witness of the lie; but if well, why do you accuse me? Point what I wrote is contrary to the Bible.
The fact that you call it "Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult" is enough to know you're at best just someone who hasn't read the Bible, and at worst, an arrogant R*ddit tier atheist.
This topic has been done to death, but to be fair the last thing a Redditor would ever say is "Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult"
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 21st, 2024, 22:31
This topic has been done to death, but to be fair the last thing a Redditor would ever say is "Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult"
On one hand, yes, on the other... R*ddit atheism is a special breed, so I would not be too surprised.

He's pretty euphoric.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 21st, 2024, 22:31
TKVNC wrote: March 21st, 2024, 12:44
Adeptus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 11:37
Paraphrasing world of Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult: If I have spoken lie, bear witness of the lie; but if well, why do you accuse me? Point what I wrote is contrary to the Bible.
The fact that you call it "Jewish proto-marxist guru of death cult" is enough to know you're at best just someone who hasn't read the Bible, and at worst, an arrogant R*ddit tier atheist.
Brother, you have clearly not read enough @WaterMage posts.
Rand

Post by Rand »

There's no point in attempting reason with people who have trouble with the simple concept of "dead". Just give it up.
You can safely ignore religion until they get power and start acting arrogantly domineering and murderous in the name of their "humble and peaceful" faith.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Kalarion wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 04:56
You are so butthurt about my posts that keep mentioning them months later interacting me in many urrelated topics.

Anyway, not agreeing or disagreeing, but since I was brought to this discussion, a meme :

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

WaterMage wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 19:44
You are so butthurt about my posts that keep mentioning them months later interacting me in many urrelated topics.

Anyway, not agreeing or disagreeing, but since I was brought to this discussion, a meme :

Christian rome lasted longer than Pagan rome tho.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

atheism and most theisms were made by jews/aliens as warfare. atheism for nihilism/weakness and religions for submission and sacrifice

they are all anti science, incoherent doctrines. with some jew marketing
Last edited by Red7 on March 23rd, 2024, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 19:48
WaterMage wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 19:44

Christian rome lasted longer than Pagan rome tho.
ancient human civilisations lasted many thousands years, altho those could be earlier human breeds with higher iq
nuke wars between aliens were quite common back in the day
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Rand wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 06:02
There's no point in attempting reason with people who have trouble with the simple concept of "dead". Just give it up.
You can safely ignore religion until they get power and start acting arrogantly domineering and murderous in the name of their "humble and peaceful" faith.
return of aliens that demand to be worshipped could sprinkle some life into religion old school way
Last edited by Red7 on March 23rd, 2024, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Red7 wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 20:07
ancient human civilisations lasted many thousands years, altho those could be earlier human breeds with higher iq
Compelling argument, except ancient civilisations didn't create the Skyrim or it's mods that you goon to.
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

TKVNC wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 20:14
Red7 wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 20:07
Compelling argument, except ancient civilisations didn't create the Skyrim or it's mods that you goon to.
I've been here long enough to know that when @Red7 makes 3 consecutive post of incoherent ramblings that means the thread is over. Anything after that should be considered a necro.