We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

This place is full of dead men's bones

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

This place is full of dead men's bones

Post by Tweed »

Code: Select all

<Norfleet> It's not so much that everyone has bad taste...
<Norfleet> So much that every game worth playing has already been played...
<Norfleet> And everything else is shit.
<Norfleet> Therefore, there's two kinds of games: Been there, done that...
<Norfleet> And Banal, Shit, Boring.
<Norfleet> Also, the chat necessarily selects for people not playing anything.
<Norfleet> Because if there was something to play, we would be doing that, and not here.
Bunch of sad sacks and doomers around here.
Watser
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Watser »

My bones are doing quite fine.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

The genuine reason I spend so much time in chat and on the forum is that I am physiologically incapable of enjoying games most of the time—and that has nothing to do with the quality of games. If I could have fun gaming 100% of the time, you would probably see me very little.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Im a zoomer so I am always doing 22 different things at the same time so the shadow people don't creep back into my mind.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Maybe you just have shit taste in video games. I have been blasting Helldivers 2, last epoch, DDO, unicorn overlord all year
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Boontaker wrote: March 20th, 2024, 06:24
Maybe you just have shit taste in video games. I have been blasting Helldivers 2, last epoch, DDO, unicorn overlord all year
Ah yes, Slopdivers.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Games are usually worse than they were back in the 90s and 00s, but there are a few good ones. Unicorn overlord is good, I'm sure dragons dogma will be okay. Even ff7 soybirth will have good parts. Western games are mostly shit though that's true.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

People who think they've played all the good games typically rely on the opinion of others to form opinions on games. So far this year in terms of good games discovered, I played INSOMNIA, Everspace 2, and Outcast: A New Beginning.
Starwind is decent and could be good with a proper patch.

If I relied entirely on others to form an opinion I'd never have installed INSOMNIA which is quite good.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

TKVNC wrote: March 20th, 2024, 07:41
Ah yes, Slopdivers.
I like the implication that a fascist state managed to create a racially harmonious utopia
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Ah yes, Slopdivers.
The capital city of Super Earth is in Sweden
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Ah yes, Slopdivers.
really wish we had a vomit react, as much as emojis in general are kinda crungo
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Tweed wrote: March 20th, 2024, 05:53
<Norfleet> It's not so much that everyone has bad taste...
<Norfleet> So much that every game worth playing has already been played...
<Norfleet> And everything else is shit.
<Norfleet> Therefore, there's two kinds of games: Been there, done that...
<Norfleet> And Banal, Shit, Boring.
<Norfleet> Also, the chat necessarily selects for people not playing anything.
<Norfleet> Because if there was something to play, we would be doing that, and not here.
he's right though

so many games now are "that game you played already but worse"
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 20th, 2024, 11:28
If I relied entirely on others to form an opinion I'd never have installed INSOMNIA which is quite good.
I see what you're saying and therefore I will not play INSOMNIA
BobT

Post by BobT »

Ah yes, Slopdivers.
Hmm hmm. Unsure about women in battle (without exosuits) but I think in THAT setting, seeing more / mixed races would be "normal". This is literally a futuristic "one world government" setting. In HD1 I never saw any evidence that was meant to be a "white" one.

Personally I'd forgive them for that single scene (even though it will have likely been created for "diversity" reasons and not lore) as long as there's not any pandering throughout the game.
At least it wasn't a white woman, black male relationship, for once.

If it was this in isolation in THIS setting it wouldn't be a problem. But considering the constant barrage in nearly every other game, it does get tiresome.
Last edited by BobT on March 20th, 2024, 13:45, edited 2 times in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

If rusty had relied on the opinions of others, he'd never have tried fromunda cheese, but he did. He asked me where fromunda's made and I told him.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

BobT wrote: March 20th, 2024, 13:44
Ah yes, Slopdivers.
Personally I'd forgive them for that single scene (even though it will have likely been created for "diversity" reasons and not lore)
They're actors in a government recruiting ad if that helps you cope.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

They call it helldivers because the White demographic has dived so low.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Vergil wrote: March 20th, 2024, 14:29
They call it helldivers because the White demographic has dived so low.
Considering they're treated as replacable cannon fodder, I'm surprised ALL voice lines aren't "ayo mothafukka!" and the like.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

WhiteShark wrote: March 20th, 2024, 06:15
The genuine reason I spend so much time in chat and on the forum is that I am physiologically incapable of enjoying games most of the time
Chat and Forum are text-based MMORPGs.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

They're both as bad as each other, I really don't see the difference between the two.
Oyster Sauce wrote: March 20th, 2024, 14:24
The biggest issue with all arguments like that is that it is a game. These are not actors they had to hand, or people that were the cheapest or whatever it may be. They purposefully made them this way.

So you have to question... Why? It certainly has nothing to do with difficulty, or restrictions.

It's just the spearhead of slop normalisation that you are supposed to believe is 'normal'. I mean, the game looks garbage anyway, but this is just ridiculous, pointless woke.
BobT

Post by BobT »

TKVNC wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:06
They're both as bad as each other, I really don't see the difference between the two.
The biggest issue with all arguments like that is that it is a game. These are not actors they had to hand, or people that were the cheapest or whatever it may be. They purposefully made them this way.

So you have to question... Why? It certainly has nothing to do with difficulty, or restrictions.

It's just the spearhead of slop normalisation that you are supposed to believe is 'normal'. I mean, the game looks garbage anyway, but this is just ridiculous, pointless woke.
I agree with you. However if it wasn't for the torrent of woke we've had over the previous years, in absolute isolation, that scene in this game wouldn't be a problem nor immersion breaking.

Super Earth is literally a one WORLD government in a futuristic setting. Unless they've genocides negros, you're going to see some of that. In THAT setting.

I also wonder how we would all really act regarding race if planet-threatening non-human life was a thing. Hmm. Probably for a different thread.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

BobT wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:14
I also wonder how we would all really act regarding race if planet-threatening non-human life was a thing
We call those "germans"
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I also wonder how we would all really act regarding race if planet-threatening non-human life was a thing. Hmm. Probably for a different thread.
Jews?
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 20th, 2024, 11:28
People who think they've played all the good games typically rely on the opinion of others to form opinions on games. So far this year in terms of good games discovered, I played INSOMNIA, Everspace 2, and Outcast: A New Beginning.
Starwind is decent and could be good with a proper patch.

Yes, there are some ok games here and there (depending on your level of tolerance and what you accept), though there are a ton of amazing games if one doesn't constrain themselves to this era. Heck, the late 80's to 2000 have some amazing games I am sure a lot of people haven't played. Though, if they are graphics whores, they may not care for them.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

TKVNC wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:06

I agree with you. However if it wasn't for the torrent of woke we've had over the previous years, in absolute isolation, that scene in this game wouldn't be a problem nor immersion breaking.

Super Earth is literally a one WORLD government in a futuristic setting. Unless they've genocides negros, you're going to see some of that. In THAT setting.

We would never manage to be a space going civilization whilst also still baby sitting niggers
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I want to be hyped for MENACE, but there's been no game footage since the announcement, and its supposed to release this year.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:15
I also wonder how we would all really act regarding race if planet-threatening non-human life was a thing
We call those "germans"
Rusty's glowie programming prohibits him from being able to say "jews", btw. So, whenever he says "germans", just replace it with "jews", because that's what he actually means.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

WhiteShark wrote: March 20th, 2024, 06:15
The genuine reason I spend so much time in chat and on the forum is that I am physiologically incapable of enjoying games most of the time—and that has nothing to do with the quality of games. If I could have fun gaming 100% of the time, you would probably see me very little.
Time for a new hobby maybe. I am coming to that point again myself. I went through phases over the decades depending on the state of games (when PC games became more console influenced, I took a break for instance).

I would hunt, fish, hike, camp, off road, play sports/martial arts, cooking, or start up a new hobby like wood working, welding, or various other completely opposite hobbies and over time, the gaming bug would come back and it would be enjoyable again.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Gregz wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:27
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 20th, 2024, 15:15
We call those "germans"
Rusty's glowie programming prohibits him from being able to say "jews", btw. So, whenever he says "germans", just replace it with "jews", because that's what he actually means.