We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Culinary terrorism and other food talk

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: March 18th, 2024, 15:42
Ramsay at it again
~
What's the point of a bun like that?
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 18th, 2024, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Ramsay is a businessman who hasn't done anything actually noteworthy or talented in the culinary world in like 20 years.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Ramsay at it again

Disgusting. This should be a hate crime.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I keep reading the video title as 'Onion Taint Burger'.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Ramsay at it again

I remember watching him BBQ a burger just because I was curious if I was doing it wrong or missing something.

Maybe he chooses a leaner or fatter ground beef.. or maybe he seasons his grill with onions or something? I was looking for the ~expert~ opinion on BBQing a burger..

The secret? According to the Master Chef?

Butter
Salt
Butter
Salt
Butter
Salt
Butter
Salt

He went through one fucking stick of butter to make a single burger. Fuck man.
Last edited by Shillitron on March 19th, 2024, 02:04, edited 2 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

This is getting derailed into a Ramsay hate thread and frankly I don't mind I hate that nigger
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Shillitron wrote: March 19th, 2024, 02:03
Ramsay at it again

I remember watching him BBQ a burger just because I was curious if I was doing it wrong or missing something.

Maybe he chooses a leaner or fatter ground beef.. or maybe he seasons his grill with onions or something? I was looking for the ~expert~ opinion on BBQing a burger..

Butter
Salt
Butter
Salt
Butter
Salt
Butter
Salt

The very first smash burger I made was better than any burger I've ever paid for
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 19th, 2024, 02:06
The very first smash burger I made was better than any burger I've ever paid for
That's a low bar.. restaurant food today is fucking shit.

viewtopic.php?t=1234-decline-in-fast-fo ... lized-slop
Rand

Post by Rand »

Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 02:05
This is getting derailed into a Ramsay hate thread and frankly I don't mind I hate that nigger
What sort of an asshole uses thick sliced cheese.
You shred it so it melts evenly, ffs.

Worse, imo, tainting cheese with pepper.
AND kimchi?
Fuck off.
Last edited by Rand on March 19th, 2024, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Rand wrote: March 19th, 2024, 02:16
What sort of an asshole uses thick sliced cheese.
You shred it so it melts evenly, ffs.

Worse, imo, tainting cheese with pepper.
AND kimchi?
Fuck off.
It gets so much worse.
After years he finally addressed it and this is his "redemption" video for it.

TWO INGREDIENTS YOU FUCKED UP FOREHEAD WRINKLED FUCK BREAD AND CHEESE THATS ALL
Rand

Post by Rand »

Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 02:20
And butter.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Rand wrote: March 19th, 2024, 02:25
Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 02:20
And butter.
Buhuh*
Rand

Post by Rand »

I guess I'm a culinary chud, too, because I don't like my food all super-spiced and with weird stuff in it.
I don't need sauces, heavy cooking spices and stuff for beef, for example, because I LIKE the taste of beef.
You can marinade stuff a bit and selectively spice stuff, but then these chefs just slather more shit on while cooking or when it's presented and you may as well be eating cardboard for all you'll taste the meat with all that shit on it.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

All that faffing around for something worse than a generic toastie from a toastie-press.
...Holy shit, it's even worse than I thought.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 19th, 2024, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Looks alright, would try tbh.

-Humbaba
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Even though he has a lot of goofy shit online now, Gordon's old videos got me into cooking. Had to stop watching when he got a cameraman who filmed through a microscope.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 18th, 2024, 16:15
Ramsay at it again
~
What's the point of a bun like that?
I think in most of these cases it is about the mixture of the flavors that is produced. The presentation I think is to appeal to normie style food habits to gain attention.

*not saying its "appealing" just that that is the reasoning I see a lot of these chefs claim for weird combinations and the like.
Last edited by Xenich on March 19th, 2024, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 19th, 2024, 11:09
All that faffing around for something worse than a generic toastie from a toastie-press.
Talk normal.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Shillitron wrote: March 19th, 2024, 02:03
Ramsay at it again

Butter
Salt
Butter
Salt
Butter
Salt
Butter
Salt

Nothing wrong with animal fats. Seed oils are nothing more than chemical poison. The process to refine them is ridiculous (they use a petroleum based solvent to soak the seeds to break them down, then have to use additional chemicals to add flavor and smell due to the fact that it literally smells like a chemical toxin if they don't).

They lied to people all these years, steering them away from animal fats, and the like as bad, when they are extremely important for health (low cholesterol in the brain has been linked to Alzheimer's/Dementia, which never was a serious problem until 20 century introduction of petroleum based food and medicine). This is consistent among many neurological diseases that have "mysteriously" popped up in the last century.

Granted, like everything... moderation is key, though butter as well needs to not be processed garbage like you see in most stores. Ideally, the best butter is that which you make yourself from the local farm with raw milk that has not been pushed through a government mandated process.
Last edited by Xenich on March 19th, 2024, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Xenich wrote: March 19th, 2024, 13:25
Nothing wrong with animal fats.
Cooking in Animal Tallow has been a staple of our diet for centuries. I totally agree.

But our ancestors didn't eat a stick of butter a day. That's why they were in shape and died from things like plague and sword wounds and we die from being fat pieces of shit with clogged arteries.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Shillitron wrote: March 19th, 2024, 13:56
Cooking in Animal Tallow has been a staple of our diet for centuries. I totally agree.

But our ancestors didn't eat a stick of butter a day. That's why they were in shape and died from things like plague and sword wounds and we die from being fat pieces of shit with clogged arteries.
I agree, though I would attribute the "clogged arteries" to more of the introduction of petroleum based oils like "Crisco" and the like. There are some interesting studies that show heart conditions that began to occur after the introduction of "Crisco" in the late 1800's which began to manifest themselves in the early 1900's which were not present or common prior to it. At that time, most people were still as active as they were before, so being "in shape" may not be a specific link to their occurrence. There was a massive move with Crisco based cooking when it was introduced due to its ease of use and storage (as opposed to previously rendering your own fats) and many people converted to it.

There are numerous ailments we have today which did not occur to any level as they are now (some were not even in existence) and they all seem to coincide with the move to petroleum based products in the food and medicine.

Like I said, cholesterol being this bad thing does not legitimately correlate with the claims made (the "studies" in these cases are often manipulated) and they tend to conflict with the idea due to the number of conditions that arise in people which consistently show low levels of cholesterol. It is the same thing with the big push on grains into the diet, to which now is the standard in most products being pushed as healthy, yet in those cases a alarming rise in inflammation ailments occur.

It is almost like someone is trying to suggest a diet that will weaken and reduce lifespan? Hmmm...
Last edited by Xenich on March 19th, 2024, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 13:22
Talk normal.
You don't like the word "faffing"?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 19th, 2024, 19:06
Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 13:22

Talk normal.
You don't like the word "faffing"?
I would fine you for that, I would arrest you for "toastie".
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Xenich wrote: March 19th, 2024, 14:16
There are numerous ailments we have today which did not occur to any level as they are now (some were not even in existence) and they all seem to coincide with the move to petroleum based products in the food and medicine.
You need to account for the fact we live longer because we don't die to sword wounds and black plague though.

Although young age cancer / diabetes / cardio issues are at an all time high.. but that's been shown to even be a 1 generation impact.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

I use pre-cooked bacon on my grilled cheese sandwiches. Bread/Cheese/Bacon/Cheese/Bread. Bacon makes everything better.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Shillitron wrote: March 19th, 2024, 19:25
Xenich wrote: March 19th, 2024, 14:16
You need to account for the fact we live longer because we don't die to sword wounds and black plague though.

Although young age cancer / diabetes / cardio issues are at an all time high.. but that's been shown to even be a 1 generation impact.
Those aspects can be accounted for to a degree though, but I am not talking about ancient history, but more recent history 1800's compared to 1900's and 2000's. The "it was a hard life" doesn't account for the lack of ailments in their occurrence yet there is one controlled aspect between them, the increase in various tech/industrial products. What it is specifically, this is difficult to isolate via a strict scientific approach (statistics and medical practice are not science).

As for the 1 generational impact, it depends on what you are speaking about. For instance, the rise in neurological disorders greatly increased over several generations. The silent generation suffered from an increase in Alzheimer's, dementia, and other disorders which were not prevalent (or did not even exist) in the previous one . These disorders continued to rise between generations to which we now have such levels of disorders that it is apparent to the general eye of the public.

Heart issues increased over generations as well, also following the level of increase in various chemical and petrol based products into the food/medicine.

In some cases, for instance Autism, it directly relates to the 80's vaccine schedules as the condition was rare but it is a common occurrence these days.

Even SIDS, directly correlates with those schedules as it did not even exist prior to vaccination programs. The term was created in terms of the massive deaths that occurred after the program began. As a control test, not a single baby died from this who missed their vaccine schedules during the year off of Covid.

Also, to discount the direct results of the Covid shot would be completely ignoring the facts as it is directly responsible for the massive increase in sudden deaths, heart ailments, super cancers, etc... While statistics aren't validation themselves, to deny the occurrence would be being blind to the reality.

The argument of "different times" doesn't hold up to the statistical analysis.
Last edited by Xenich on March 19th, 2024, 19:57, edited 2 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

somerandomdude wrote: March 19th, 2024, 19:50
I use pre-cooked bacon on my grilled cheese sandwiches. Bread/Cheese/Bacon/Cheese/Bread. Bacon makes everything better.
So a melt, not a grilled cheese?
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Shillitron wrote: March 19th, 2024, 13:56

If you cook with anything besides butter you are probably subhuman. Most fats don't even cook with butter because of this myth, they just use veg oil lol