We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

:INFORMATIVE:

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Hauberk

:INFORMATIVE:

Post by Hauberk »

Welcome to the :INFORMATIVE: thread, wherein only useful, instructive and informative videos can be found. If it will help a fellow HQer when we reenact Fallout (1997) in the not so distant future, post it here. How to make & mend stuff only; we have enough theoretical stuff to last a lifetime already.

How to create (and what are) metal air batteries:
► Hidden due to full frontal Britoid content
Last edited by Hauberk on March 15th, 2024, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Hauberk wrote: March 15th, 2024, 09:51
Welcome to the :INFORMATIVE: thread, wherein only useful, instructive and informative videos can be found. If it will help a fellow HQer when we reenact Fallout (1997) in the not so distant future, post it here. How to make & mend stuff only; we have enough theoretical stuff to last a lifetime already.

Hey, I'm subbed to this guy.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 15th, 2024, 14:22

I've sure you've subbed for a lot of guys blud. :goldfish:
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 15th, 2024, 14:41
ArcaneLurker wrote: March 15th, 2024, 14:22

I've sure you've subbed for a lot of guys blud. :goldfish:
Is this something that's on your mind often? :notsureif:
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 15th, 2024, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Information on the types of Tolien's elves - might save your life one day!

Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

I don't like his characterization of the split between the Eldar and Teldar. I don't remember any racial or moral animosity between the two tribes, nor do I remember the names having connotations of a slur, only connotations of origin. The only elves I remember being openly hostile to the Teldar on the basis of the pilgrimage were Feanor's sons, who were specifically known for their fractiousness, haughtiness, and recklessness (exemplified in their bringing down a life-long curse on themselves in their grasping for mastery over the Silmarils).

I'd like citations for the quotes peppered throughout the video, and especially for his take on their racial/moral split.

Nor do I like some of his descriptions of the different Elven peoples. Yes, the Noldor were sometimes referred to as gnomes, but there was no indication as far as I know of their being of shorter stature, especially in the sense of modern fantasy gnomes. Consider especially Tolkien's description of Feanor: "He was tall, and fair of face, and masterful, his eyes piercingly bright and his hair raven-dark; in the pursuit of all his purposes eager and steadfast."

There's some good info in there but overall I'm not a fan of his takes.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Kalarion wrote: March 24th, 2024, 19:49
Yes, the Noldor were sometimes referred to as gnomes, but there was no indication as far as I know of their being of shorter stature, especially in the sense of modern fantasy gnomes
Tolkien considered calling them gnomes due to it's association with the Greek word gnōmē, meaning wisdom or wise judgement (also a PIE root). Yeah, it had nothing to do with stature.

I haven't watched the video, but the main hostilities between the Noldar and the Teleri were from the kinslaying at Alqualonde (as it sounds like was mentioned) but that did have major long-term ramification, including Elwe (Thingol) refusing to help them once he found out long afterward.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

in first like 8 min they be like british land rovers possibly armored so we cant shoot via window. like come on, the best they could do is 3a level on side windows anything more shitty land rover doors would fall off. even if 3 lvl all they need 30.06 with ap core.
Last edited by Red7 on April 17th, 2024, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

widespread use of thermal on personal infantry level would be game changer in tropical enviroment
u can defeat it by covering yourself in mud etc but its hard to stay covered in mud under heavy rain