We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

phoon - too much for zblock

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
loregamer

phoon - too much for zblock

Post by loregamer »

This is where non RPG stuff goes right? But y'all gotta check this out if you haven't seen it. History lesson I guess.

I used to worship this guy. He would bunnyhop in CSS and completely fuck up the matches he was in since the game had no speed limit. He would just do some cheeky hopping and movement tricks and get across the map in the first few seconds of rounds.

I'm not really sure what happened to him but he was a legend. My favorite fucking video on the internet.
BobT

Post by BobT »

God I miss screaming at eachother through toaster mics via in-game voice chat back in the day..
Used to HATE that fucking AWP. Autosniper was awesome, though.

And lol the complaining in that vid, reminds me of this:
Last edited by BobT on March 10th, 2024, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

loregamer wrote: March 9th, 2024, 08:29
My favorite fucking video on the internet.
I've seen that phoon vid before and it's great, but what's up with the desync between his shooting and aiming at the right place? I see several points where he fires at some random spot and then it registers as a headshot and his aim points to the right place afterward, if at all.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Yeah it did look sometimes like he shot to the right of someone's head in empty space and they died anyway, hmm..
He DOES flick his mouse a bit before the shot, but look at the one at 4:42 lol. I can forgive that with the AK due to recoil and spread etc, but from what I remember the deagle didn't have THAT much of a spread with a single shot? He did flick his mouse towards the guy, but the cursor still never went anywhere near him.
► Show Spoiler
And the next one lol, this is where his cursor was when the shot hit. Just bad netcode?
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BobT on March 11th, 2024, 13:56, edited 4 times in total.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Tubers don't have time to actually git gud at shooters
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

BobT wrote: March 11th, 2024, 10:46
Just bad netcode?
That's what I assume because it's hard to imagine he would be so bold as to upload a video of himself blatantly cheating, but I'd still like to know the details.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

WhiteShark wrote: March 11th, 2024, 10:34
loregamer wrote: March 9th, 2024, 08:29
My favorite fucking video on the internet.
I've seen that phoon vid before and it's great, but what's up with the desync between his shooting and aiming at the right place? I see several points where he fires at some random spot and then it registers as a headshot and his aim points to the right place afterward, if at all.
The tick rate for CSS demos was 32 or something, so you’re basically watching his gameplay as if you had high ping.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

WhiteShark wrote: March 12th, 2024, 16:22
BobT wrote: March 11th, 2024, 10:46
Just bad netcode?
That's what I assume because it's hard to imagine he would be so bold as to upload a video of himself blatantly cheating, but I'd still like to know the details.
I think he was legit. He went to a LAN tournament later on and was doing the same bunnyhop shenanigans.

If he was still somehow cheating, the zblock video is too legendary for me to care. :lol:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

loregamer wrote: March 12th, 2024, 16:55
If he was still somehow cheating, the zblock video is too legendary for me to care. :lol:
I only wish his taste in music were better. The footage in the first video is all great but I have a hard time continuing once the second song comes on.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

WhiteShark wrote: March 12th, 2024, 17:00
loregamer wrote: March 12th, 2024, 16:55
I only wish his taste in music were better. The footage in the first video is all great but I have a hard time continuing once the second song comes on.
Hahaha fair enough. For some reason, there’s something alluring to me seeing nigger gangster music being used for a bhop frag compilation